LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Addiction and Recovery

I currently live in a halfway house. I've been here for over six months putting myself through rehab. My drug of choice is marijuana and I'm here by choice trying to clean up my life. I've been clean and sober for over six months! My recovery is going well. I have struggled with my drug since my teens, but the last three years after my divorce were particularly bad. I used every day all day. I used to cover my feelings and escape the reality of my situation. I have always struggled with my emotions but after the divorce I hit rock bottom. When it came time to wanting to actually quite, I discovered that it was harder than I thought so I sought help in rehab and meetings.

This week, the halfway house is doing a project to "Shatter the stigma of addiction". We are putting together a banner and taking photos to spread awareness of addiction and trying to "shatter" the stigma that goes with it! In that spirit, I wanted to post here and share my recovery efforts as well as drum up conversation from others who may be in recovery or struggling themselves. Are you in recovery? Are you struggling with addiction?

In some of my reading, I came across this writing by an unknown author and I'd like to share it here. While drinking was never my personal problem, I can relate...

I Drank

I drank for happiness and became unhappy

I drank for joy and became miserable

I drank for sociability and became argumentative

I drank for sophistication and became obnoxious

I drank for friendships and became enemies

I drank for sleep and woke up tired

I drank for strength and grew weak

I drank for relaxation and got the shakes

I drank for courage and became afraid

I drank for confidence and became doubtful

I drank to make conversation and slurred my speech

I drank to feel heavenly and increasingly felt like hell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

I am also in recovery from alcohol addiction. Just got to my 6 month mark, lots of ups and downs but I am getting through it. Glad to see a few other members are in the same boat. Wishing you guys all the best, stay strong and stay connected with your recovery group whether it be AA, NA or anything else.