LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tell Me The Story of How You Went 24/7

Autiesaurus

I'm interested in hearing others' stories about how you made the decision to start wearing diapers 24/7 and how you went about letting the relevant people know.  I've been 24/7 for about two years now, I kind of didn't think it through that hard, I just sort of decided one day that I didn't want to wear underwear anymore, and that was that.  I told my mom that same day that I was now in diapers for IBS (which is partially true; my flare-ups are few and far between) and she just sort of said okay.  I haven't explicitly told any of my other family members, but my sister knows because she walked in on me in the shower once and saw my diaper sitting on the counter top, and she went bedsheet shopping with me a few weeks ago and sort of without saying anything, casually tossed a plastic mattress protector into the cart.  So tell me your stories; how did you end up making the decision to go 24/7 and how did you execute it? 

• Like 2

There's lots of threads here about people learning to live permanently diapered but they do often tend to peter out after a while: presumably folks quickly discover (the very many entirely rational) reasons why this may not be a good idea and abandon the venture.

Others just don't feel inclined to chronicle their adventure.

Long haul, longitudinal narratives are rare.  There's a very good one in the thread below yours:

There's also my own oddball story, rapidly morphing into a kind of book:

And, a much more recent one but quite interesting:

There's also @Stroller's blog, lurking in the "blog" section (where arguably all of these should be but they tend not to get noticed so much there).

By the view count, these threads actually seem very popular.  Since relatively few ABDL actually do live 24/7, I suspect that it's a kind of "car crash TV" for others just seeing what insanity taken to the nth degree actually looks like. 

These threads can be hard to sustain sometimes though because after the first year or so, things do kind of settle into a pattern and it's something of an effort to identify worthy topics of discussion.  I simply regard that as a challenge (or perhaps, am immune to the boredom of readers)

Have you considered chronicling your own story?  Two years is a good time. 

I am not there as of yet.  Though I have been wanting to be 24/7 since I first signed up to Daily Diapers and reading the post from others who went on to wear full time.

I as well have a IBS issue.  Today was one of those days I am glad I was wearing a diaper to work.  Had a messy accident.  Though for me wanting to wear diapers full time is not because of the IBS it is also has to do with keeping me calm and such. As I feel a lot better wearing them.

One of the reasons I have not started wearing full time is the cost.  Right now I do not have the budget to wear them full time.  Nor the proper clothing.  

I want to have at least 10 Onesies and plastic pants so to reduce leaking.  And for the onesies they will help with keeping the diaper sightless so others will not see me in them.

Thank you  @Autiesaurus for starting this topic

15 minutes ago, oznl said:

There's lots of threads here about people learning to live permanently diapered but they do often tend to peter out after a while: presumably folks quickly discover (the very many entirely rational) reasons why this may not be a good idea and abandon the venture.

I on the other hand have no choice.  As my IBS is getting out of hand.  And I do believe I will be a better person if I am diapered full time.

I'm not 24/7 now, but there was a period of a few months that I was.    It was a pretty stressful grind at work and I figured why the hell not indulge myself.    I laid in a stock of diapers (mostly, Sam's Club's house brand of fitted briefs back then) and just did it.   I'd go out to lunch and change in the restroom there during the day.   I'd was working late in the evening, so I had the office to myself for changes after 6PM or so.

Mostly it was pressure from my wife to put on the big boy pants again.   It's been intermittant ever since.    I'm diapered most days, but not continuously.

I've been wanting to wears diapers since I was 4 or 5 years old.  As a youth I thought I was strange for wanting wearing diapers would it be something that I would eventually outgrow.

In my 20's and 30's thought it would fun to wear 24/7 but thought it would be something that I might do when I'm older and retired. Being older it wouldn't be too far fetched to be wearing diapers.

In my 40's I experimented with wear 24/7 a couple of times. These experiments only lasted a few months. It was always the costs of the diapers that made me quit thinking about all the other things I could buy if I didn't spend money on diapers.

At around age 50, I had a big purge and tried to give up diapers for good. You all know how those purges turn out. After about two years of being diaper-free those desires to wear became too much.  At that point, I decided to try some counseling which helped me accept my diaper-wearing lifestyle. Through therapy, I learned that even though it is weird to like diapers there is nothing wrong with wearing.  It is just a diaper.  At that point, I decided that I would pursue my dream of wearing 24/7.  That was almost 4 years ago and I haven't regretted that decision yet.  

I don't know if I will wear diapers forever but for now, this is what I'm doing. After 4 years of wearing full-time, I'm pretty diapered-trained and I think now I would have a hard time not wearing diapers.

I became incontinent at the end of my 40's and have been wearing nappies 24/7 sine I turned 50. I soon became DL as a result now I couldn't imagine not being dependant on nappies 24/7. I don't feel dressed without the bulk of my nappy under my clothes.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm 24/7, but I pretty much always wear a diaper all the time.  I don't poop in them very often, and wouldn't say I was incontinent.   But in my case it was this gradual thing.  I moved in by myself and started to sleep in diapers every night, and then started working at home and so I don't have have to change out of my morning diaper till later.    Eventually I started to put on a diaper more and more during the day, and suddenly I was essentially 24/7.   It really wasn't based on any one decisions.  I just feel more comfortable in a diaper than not, and realized that nobody could tell if I had one on in public.  The 'thrill' aspect was gone, which actually made it more helpful and relaxing to go 24/7.  When it was still a thrill- it was tiring to be in diapers long-term.

As of just last week I got rid of all my big boy undies and am now in diapers full-time. At home and when I’m by my self I wear pretty thick diapers and use them just like any other baby would. I’m also always in baby clothes at those times as well. Basically I am a full-time toddler. I am a real bedwetter so I have been in night diapers every night for years. When I’m going to be in situations where I need to be more discreet and dress like a big boy, I’m in a less noticeable diaper under my “grown up” clothes. So far so good. I don’t see me going back to big boy undies...ever.

• 1 month later...

I've been between pull-ups and diapers for over a year now.. started with incontinence from nerve damage with spinal cord injury.. I've gotten semi control back but now I love wearing diapers so much I could go 24/7 but I don't like pooping in them so I wear pull-ups some days (which I pee in like diapers) and diapers other days, but always diapered at night. Some nights I play Baby Time with Daddy who puts me in a onesie and gives me my paci. 

• Like 1

Well, unintentionally.

I’ve been an ABDL since I was 2, and I’ve been wearing since I was 14. I was 17 or 18 when I started buying them regularly. I would go to our family’s lake house on my own so I could spend the weekend diapered.

Once I had my own place, I was wearing pretty frequently. That was over ten years ago when I was in college. I wore outside the house on occasion, but it was mostly an at-home thing. 

In 2014, I moved back to my home city. I had work around family before, but rarely. I’d just go without when I was in town and maybe bring one along for the plane ride home. One night I went to run a fun errand with my dad and decided to wear. I wasn’t nervous about it. I just did it and of course no one noticed.

I always had this thing about not wasting a diaper, so if I could only wear it for a few hours, I wouldn’t. The same thing applied to overnight (since I wasn’t awake to enjoy it). The first step in 24/7 for me was realizing how silly that was. For less than $2, I could enjoy myself and feel more comfortable, so perhaps four years ago it just became my routine to come home from work and change into a diaper. That turned into pretty much all the time when I wasn’t working, so evenings and weekends. 

I still wasn’t sleeping in one, but maybe three years ago I started needing to get up two or three times a night to pee and was having trouble falling back asleep. Turns out I have overactive bladder, but mostly because I was desperate to get a good night’s sleep, I started wearing to bed thinking I could wake up, pee, and fall back asleep. And I could, and I also found I had an easier time sleeping and was waking up less with a diaper on.

So at that point, I was in diapers whenever I wasn’t at work, including when I was asleep, so let’s call that 16/5 + 24/2. The only place I didn’t wear was the gym, the pool, the tailor, and any doctor visit that might involve a touch or feel in that area.

Two and a half years ago, I injured a very delicate part of my anatomy (always eat plenty of fiber). I ended up having surgery 18 months ago, and it took several weeks to be confident I wouldn’t lower my underwear and find blood, stool stains, and the remnants of topical medication (TMI, I know). Prior to that, I would sometimes bring a diaper to work and change into it before going to meet someone for dinner, but after that, I started wearing pullups to work and occasionally diapers. I was also on some medications that made my OAB worse while causing urinary remote took issues, so I found it made my life easier and physically more comfortable to have something I could dribble into on.

I didn’t really keep up wearing to work for very long because I typically have a BM mid-day, and I didn’t like having to take down a diaper to do that. Our restrooms at work are not especially private, and I was worried someone would catch a glimpse through the crack in the stall door or see it around my ankles. We don’t have an ADA compliant restroom, and the most private restroom is also the one everyone knows of the most private, so even with that people would be in and out. I’ve also noticed, and I think this is due to medication, no matter how well I hydrate, I can smell my wet diaper by mid-afternoon, so even if I didn’t need to use the restroom for a BM, I would need to start changing myself midday.

Over that two-year period, though, I wore on business trips (not to the meetings), including on the planes, and I wore on my last international vacation. Not 24/7 because that would’ve been logistically difficult (I was hiking), but enough that I could wear on the flight over, the train to my destination, that first evening, and my flights home. Peeing in coach is difficult, but I had a first class seat on the way home. Not only could I pee just fine with that baby reclined, but I leaked kinda a lot. Thank goodness for dark cabins, dark jeans, and that I didn’t smell. My pants were dry when I landed.

When the pandemic hit, I was on my 16/5 + 24/2 schedule, and then with not going into the office (still haven’t), it became 24/7 with those same exceptions (pool, gym, tailor, certain doctors). 

I started getting massages in my home a couple years ago, and I wear during those. I’ll probably start wearing to the tailor so that if I do decide to wear to an event require nicer clothes, the tailor can help me conceal it better. I haven’t been to the gym or pool this year, but I did wear on my patio a lot with a pair of short swim trunks over it (no tan lines for me ?).

So I guess it was a staged process:

1) No long worrying about wasting one, so i was wearing more often.

2) Wearing at night, which takes care of 1/3 of the day.

3) Wearing in public, and extending that to wearing around family.

4) Wearing to work/during work hours.

And that pretty much makes me 24/7 except for those once-in-a-while situations.

A few things I’ve noticed:

1) There are clothes a diaper is more noticeable in, but it’s still mostly noticeable to you. I’ve found clothes I’m comfortable wearing in around others, and a few I’m not, but you can easily conceal quality diapers in shorts, sweats, jeans, etc. Dresses, skirts, and winter clothes are even easier.

2) The more you do it, the less you care if others notice.

3) I’ve worn every time I’ve been around my family for three years now, and just recently remarked were made that made it clear they have no idea.

When our office reopens, I’m not sure if I’ll wear to work again. I don’t plan on working in the office often )one day a week?) so I may choose to make that my diaper-free time to let my skin heal, or may decide I want to wear 24/7 still. 

I may also start to wear to certain doctors and to the gym, if I ever rejoin one. 

I have decided that if I ever need to see the physical therapist who helped me with various pelvic issues, including my OAB, I’m just going to tell her. But hopefully I’m done with that.

So I grew into 24/7 gradually, and it’s easy. A little pricey, and I wear cloth sometimes because of it, but not the major challenge, for me anyway, it seems, and nobody whose opinion matters to me has a clue.