LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Coming out too your family

Amy_27

8 hours ago, Amy_27 said:

Hi everyone I’m new here and just looking for someone to talk too I’m having a really hard time coming out to my family 

Welcome to the site, and hope you enjoy yourself. Good luck with telling your family! Some family members will except diapers, and others not. This may be pretty hard for you, and I wish you the best of luck.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, Amy_27 said:

Hi everyone I’m new here and just looking for someone to talk too I’m having a really hard time coming out to my family 

Sorry though I do not see the purpose of coming out to your family.  It is really  none of their business.

• Thanks 1

This was posted in the Rainbow forum and so I'm not sure if you mean coming out to them that you are gay, or that your into diapers?

If you are struggling to come out to your family as gay, this can be difficult. I personally have a very close diverse loving family who all said "and?" when I came out back in my twenties. They are very loving and accepting and didn't care that I'm gay. I suppose I'm lucky though, because I've heard horror stories of people being disowned or shunned. Even though I should have known my family would be accepting, I had a hard time coming out. It still wasn't easy.

If you are struggling to come out to your family that you are into diapers, I have to ask why are you telling them? Like DiaperboyEddie12 said, it's really none of their business. I personally never understood people's need to tell their family about their ABDL life. To me, it's highly inappropriate and something that should remain to one's self. I'm into BDSM and I would never dream of telling my family that. They don't need to know and that's a part of myself that will only ever be shared with a significant other. Not only would I feel awkward, I would imagine my family would too!

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, BabyWendyMarie said:

Well put, I must say. I'm glad you drew the distinction between being gay and being ABDL, but I must also ask if the same distinction shouldn't apply to both. Why shouldn't it, or should it, for that matter? I think there are ABDL people who are very close to their biological families. I am not one of them. I've been emotionally divorced from them for almost 20 years. But I'm more of an old-school sort of person, more reclusive, more private, etc. But I respect the fact that people feel a certain kinship with their family to the point that they want to share all the lifestyle details with them, much as they would if they were all simply good friends. I can't relate to that, it's just not how I was raised, but I do think we should be very careful separating our own values from those which are being expressed by the author of the threat here. They are struggling for a reason, and you've tapped in on the reason, and that's a good thing. I'm just not sure if it's going to be helpful for that person to know YOU would never do it.

If you plan on introducing your same sex SO, you kind of have to come out. Your choice of underwear is a bit different.

I am close to my family, but I don't ask about their underwear or personal hobbies. For all I know, all my family are ABDLs.

• Like 1
On 9/18/2020 at 11:43 AM, BabyWendyMarie said:

Well put, I must say. I'm glad you drew the distinction between being gay and being ABDL, but I must also ask if the same distinction shouldn't apply to both. Why shouldn't it, or should it, for that matter? I think there are ABDL people who are very close to their biological families. I am not one of them. I've been emotionally divorced from them for almost 20 years. But I'm more of an old-school sort of person, more reclusive, more private, etc. But I respect the fact that people feel a certain kinship with their family to the point that they want to share all the lifestyle details with them, much as they would if they were all simply good friends. I can't relate to that, it's just not how I was raised, but I do think we should be very careful separating our own values from those which are being expressed by the author of the threat here. They are struggling for a reason, and you've tapped in on the reason, and that's a good thing. I'm just not sure if it's going to be helpful for that person to know YOU would never do it.

@BabyWendyMarie

I agree that you have to decide when or IF to come out:  It may not be advisable to tell your Mom or Dad about you being AB/DL, or that you like diapers and other baby equipment.  The way you gauge that is to determine in your mind "what's gonna happen if I tell <person here> that I am into Diapers or am a AB/DL or whatever".  Coming out as Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Ace, or whatever is more accepted now, so this should NOT be as hard, but it isn't EASY either:  You also have to realize that there is a distinction between telling your parents that you are IC versus being AB/DL/Sissy/etc:  Once you are IC, it may be easier to go the "rest of the way" by adding elements of the Lifestyle: But as my friends have said to me "what you do in your home, or in your bedroom is NO ONE'S Business other than your own.........You should not have to HIDE the facts from people you love, but you also have to decide who (if anyone) you wanna tell, because it could backfire."

They are RIGHT:  Being an AB/DL/etc can be hard to understand, but people who have an OPEN MIND usually will understand the need or want to wear and use diapers and indulge in the lifestyle.  What business is it of anyone's other than those you trust what you do in your home or with friends :)

On 9/18/2020 at 12:24 PM, ValentinesStuff said:

If you plan on introducing your same sex SO, you kind of have to come out. Your choice of underwear is a bit different.

I am close to my family, but I don't ask about their underwear or personal hobbies. For all I know, all my family are ABDLs.

@ValentinesStuff

If you are LIVING with someone or are bf&gf or husband & wife, you should discuss this with them when it is appropriate, because you might have difficulties if you do NOT tell them about it - do NOT lie to your SO, but let them know what's going on:  Chances are, they will understand, if not right away, in TIME - If they dump you because of diapers, then as my friends say 'The relationship isn't worth it if a person does not love you for who and what you are:  for an IC person or someone who wears for whatever reason, they have no choice, because it is a part of who they are:  I am close to my family too, and I know they would understand, but I'm not gonna tell them, because it does not concern them.

Brian

I think that these days its a lot easier to come out to your family and friends about being LGBT than it is to tell any of them about your other interests, like AB, DL or WS. Most families accept the orientation part. I guess I fit into the "B" part of the LGBT definition (although for the past decade or more its more like asexual or as I sometimes joke to friends post-sexual) but when I told my family years ago that I was in a relationship with another male for a couple years that had just ended they were okay with it. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 10:24 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

Would you also say that a bisexual person in a stable committed m/f relationship shouldn't come out to their parents?

For some people, ABDL is an important part of their identity, and they want their family to know them.

51 minutes ago, Elbs said:

Would you also say that a bisexual person in a stable committed m/f relationship shouldn't come out to their parents?

For some people, ABDL is an important part of their identity, and they want their family to know them.

That depends upon the entire situation. For some they should, for others they shouldn't. Everyone is different. The big question is will it cause more harm than good.

• Like 1

Being honest put me in the situation I am in today. I came out to my parents about being gay at age 13. I admit I should have kept it to myself. It opened my eyes to my fathers hatred and homophobia. I was tormented for the following 3 months and was repeatedly subject to verbal and mental abuse from my father. My father kicked me out of the house, and told me he couldn't stand looking at my faggot ass anymore. My school grades suffered and I was a mess. I called my aunt and explained to her what happened. She filed for adoption papers the next morning and I owe my life to her. In my first year living with my aunt my grades went from F's to straight A's. I graduated top of my class and skipped a grade. Imagine, I never told my father about diapers. Plus I knew in my heart he would never understand. I am now 18 years old and bound for college in march  All I have to say @Amy_27 be very careful and measure your odds. Do you have a place to go ? and/or are you ready for your parents to reject you and/or accept you ? My aunts now have helped me move on with my life and have taught me unconditional love. My aunt has been a DL since she is 13 and she is bisexual. She told me from her own mouth that she will take her secrets to her grave. Are you prepared for that ? Lots of love and the choice is up to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, amorfraldaJR said:

Being honest put me in the situation I am in today. I came out to my parents about being gay at age 13. I admit I should have kept it to myself. It opened my eyes to my fathers hatred and homophobia. I was tormented for the following 3 months and was repeatedly subject to verbal and mental abuse from my father. My father kicked me out of the house, and told me he couldn't stand looking at my faggot ass anymore. My school grades suffered and I was a mess. I called my aunt and explained to her what happened. She filed for adoption papers the next morning and I owe my life to her. In my first year living with my aunt my grades went from F's to straight A's. I graduated top of my class and skipped a grade. Imagine, I never told my father about diapers. Plus I knew in my heart he would never understand. I am now 18 years old and bound for college in march  All I have to say

@amorfraldaJR

***COUGH***  he Said THAT??  Geeez!

(Holds FAST so he doesn't PUNCH the screen - I am AGAHST!  - What The EFF??)

All I have to say to that is W T F?  I UNDERSTAND why you did what you did, and why your aunt did what SHE did!  I can understand that your dad may not understand what is going on, but to BERATE you, Verbally and Mentally ABUSE you, and call you those HORRIBLE names?  RED LIGHT - I draw the line there - I almost wanted to punch the screen and I had to stop myself:  Being Gay is NOT wrong, but to put you through the HELL you suffered IS:  There is NO excuse for this, and it only shows that phobias are still around, and that people may NOT understand what is going on, and when someone does not have a handle or an understanding of what being Gay is, they go off the handle:  They don't know what to do or how to handle it:  You did!

Jr, You were in a position when you were in trouble, and I must say, that I consider this the TOP REASON not to come out to someone if you are unsure of their response.  Additionally, You are in a BETTER position NOW than you were when you were 13 - As a Friend, I will say this: This incident shows how people can be AFRAID of the truth, and how that fear can DESTROY people:  You went from Top to all the way DOWN in 13 years, and your call to your Aunts saved your ASS and your LIFE - I'm TELLING you this:  Your aunts are NOT gonna let anything derail the train on its current track, and they are GONNA MAKE SURE you have what you need to succeed.  Her actions show me that they BOTH love you, and they also show me how FAST it can happen:  You have proven that you can go from the lowest point to the highest, because you have the support of your aunts @Evelyn Dellcerro@Transfusionelleand your uncle @philmydiaperYou GOT there because you have the right supports, and because of that, you were able to reset yourself, get rid of the "nagative" influences:  You rode the BULL and won the war - You are an amazing young man, and to have to deal with that?  Geeeez - I am glad that you are so close with her - hard work does pay off, and if you are in a situation where you are able to be yourself, that is at least part the puzzle:  I am sorry that you had to go through that as a family, but I am PROUD of you for making the decision to make the call you did:  I have a lot of respect for a MAN that knows the score, and knows when to reach out for help:  BRAVO SIR! 

@Amy_27 be very careful and measure your odds. Do you have a place to go ? and/or are you ready for your parents to reject you and/or accept you ? My aunts now have helped me move on with my life and have taught me unconditional love. My aunt has been a DL since she is 13 and she is bisexual. She told me from her own mouth that she will take her secrets to her grave. Are you prepared for that ? Lots of love and the choice is up to you.

@Amy_27

@amorfraldaJR is RIGHT:  There are times that you have to weigh the "odds" of what may or may NOT happen if you disclose the fact that you are AB/DL or that you like diapers.  Do you think the disclosure of this information is necessary?  Does disclosure mean that you could be placed at risk?  Does disclosure mean that you could be shunned, or looked at differently?  In Jr's case, it resulted it him being kicked to the curb, and made to feel AWEFUL!  You have to be prepared, and I'd Say that what He refers to is the WORST case scenario, and Jr Kicked ASS because he showed that he could correct the freefall, because he went from F's to A's because his aunt was there, and helped him!  I was "outed" by one of my support teams, and in a way I didn't want to have it happen, as the team called me and ran me through hell:  I say, that unless there is a GOOD reason, or there is a medical reason to disclose, or because you may live with a person you TRUST, that you don't disclose  this information, because it can hurt you:  Friends that are TRUE friends won't care, and they will keep it quiet, but others, may decide to disclose just because they think they "have" something on you:  The choice is yours.

My aunt has been a DL since she is 13 and she is bisexual. She told me from her own mouth that she will take her secrets to her grave.

Yep, Jr, she would do that, as it is NO ONE'S BUSINESS other than the one she discloses the secret to :)

Good Luck Man, and feel free to hit me up if you wanna chat :)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
added a word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, amorfraldaJR said:

Being honest put me in the situation I am in today. I came out to my parents about being gay at age 13. I admit I should have kept it to myself. It opened my eyes to my fathers hatred and homophobia. I was tormented for the following 3 months and was repeatedly subject to verbal and mental abuse from my father. My father kicked me out of the house, and told me he couldn't stand looking at my faggot ass anymore. My school grades suffered and I was a mess. I called my aunt and explained to her what happened. She filed for adoption papers the next morning and I owe my life to her. In my first year living with my aunt my grades went from F's to straight A's. I graduated top of my class and skipped a grade. Imagine, I never told my father about diapers. Plus I knew in my heart he would never understand. I am now 18 years old and bound for college in march  All I have to say @Amy_27 be very careful and measure your odds. Do you have a place to go ? and/or are you ready for your parents to reject you and/or accept you ? My aunts now have helped me move on with my life and have taught me unconditional love. My aunt has been a DL since she is 13 and she is bisexual. She told me from her own mouth that she will take her secrets to her grave. Are you prepared for that ? Lots of love and the choice is up to you.

Jason I mean this from my heart buddy. I love you and believe me when I got that phone call and your aunt explained to me what happened she grabbed me around the waist and physically stopped me from beating your dad senseless. Out of the enormous respect and love that I have for your aunt I had both of you stay at my house that night and I remember hugging you and telling you not to worry, we have it all under control. You both cried in my arms and believe me I am not afraid to say that I cried also.. You gonna go places Jason and you have us all behind you now. I trust your aunts with my life. There are many things that I too will take to my grave and I have no regrets. Sow them oats and live life !  @Amy_27 There are many things you can tell your family, and there are many things that you should not. Not everyone is as accepting as others. I am a diaper lover close to 45 years. my wife, God rest her soul was a diaper lover for 30 years. No way no how would we even think of telling our parents. It just wasn't feasible. She took her secrets with her, and I plan on doing the same. Its your choice kid and I wish you the best.  

• Thanks 2
19 hours ago, philmydiaper said:

Jason, I mean this from my heart buddy. I love you and believe me when I got that phone call and your aunt explained to me what happened she grabbed me around the waist and physically stopped me from beating your dad senseless. Out of the enormous respect and love that I have for your aunt I had both of you stay at my house that night and I remember hugging you and telling you not to worry, we have it all under control. You both cried in my arms and believe me I am not afraid to say that I cried also.. You gonna go places Jason and you have us all behind you now. I trust your aunts with my life. There are many things that I too will take to my grave and I have no regrets. Sow them oats and live life ! 

@philmydiaper

When I read Jr's posting, and I saw what he had been called, and how he had been berated and mentally abused, THEN I saw WHAT he had been called, I honestly had everything I could do NOT to Punch the SCREEN:  just as @Evelyn Dellcerrohad to hold you back from beating his dad senseless, I think she'd have to have herself and@Transfusionellesit on me to keep me calm - There is NOTHING more heartbreaking than to see a young man get stripped of his soul by someone who is showing fear and homophobic reactions.  ALL 3 of you are special people, and I respect you to the HIGHEST degree - I think @amorfraldaJRis gonna do WONDERFUL, and he has proven that, as I have always said:  Something may put you down, but you are NEVER out - I've been down so low I thought someone would have to dig me outta the ground, because of loss, or because of being depressed: Depression is something NOT to fool with, and there have been times when I've had to leave my home because the environment was so TOXIC it made me sick, because emotions are POWERFUL things, and sometimes, you can't control them. 

I remember a couple times, I was SO screwed up, that i had to return HOME to Mom's for a MONTH and a HALF, and during that time, I called my Grandmother, My father and MY Uncle, Jack, and I NEEDED them BADLY - I went to Saint Johnsbury, VT for a WEEK to just get away from the grind and the BS - Doing that allowed me to focus on what was important:  F A M I L Y - I didn't think being home was the answer, and I KNEW that I needed to be in a place where I had the supports around, and they made sure that I KNEW that they were there:  I told my Uncle some of the problems I had, and had a LONG talk with him, and he agreed that most of what I was feeling was "right" for what happened.  He has been ONE of many ROCKS I have in my arsenal, along with my Dad and my Mom:  Just has Jr made the call to his aunt, I made the call to my Grammy Baker, and my Uncle, because I KNEW that is what I needed:  a RESET! 

19 hours ago, philmydiaper said:

You gonna go places Jason and you have us all behind you now. I trust your aunts with my life. There are many things that I too will take to my grave and I have no regrets. Sow them oats and live life ! 

@philmydiaper

You can add me to that list now - I am PROUD of the man he has become, and it only proves the notion that if you have good support systems, you CAN succeed:  Jason, do NOT worry, because we all are here for you, and you WILL go far:  Remember:  for each challenge you face, or time you FALL, someone will be there to help you - I've hit rock bottom TWICE, and I can tell you, It is OK to feel the way you do, and as long as you can overcome the blocks in the road, you will be OK:  Sometimes, it may seem that a challenge is not attainable, but I can tell you that its IS possible:  Take this from guy who was told all his life that "he would NEVER be able to walk without crutches/walker/braces or shoes": and I DID it:  I also Hold a Diploma, and an A.S. and a B.S. Degree from Champlain College (Champlain College - Burlington, VT USA)  I don't think anyone EVER thought I would attend college, or if they ever thought I would live on my own, or anything like that:  Each challenge, I would face, and move it out of the way - DO NOT LET someone stop you from  attaining your dreams:  Remember, you are in control, and you have the TEAM here, ready to help you ;)

Good Luck!

Brian

• Thanks 2
On 9/17/2020 at 11:56 PM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Sorry though I do not see the purpose of coming out to your family.  It is really  none of their business.

@DiaperboyEddie12 I love you eddie and I totally agree with you there 110% !! Coming out as AB or DL or Gay,Bi,Trans or anything that you want to keep private, keep it to yourself. I have the love and support of 4 diaper lovers in my life that truly know what it is and how to live it. I also have many friends here on this site that know what diapers are all about and love and support each other. Those that are on the outside and have never tried diapers are only here to judge. They call us pedophiles and all sorts of ugly names only because they know not what they say or are too stupid to understand, I should say purposely arrogant ! I never told my parents and I think at the age of 55 there would be no purpose. I honestly say I will take many secrets to my grave and it does not bother me at all. I do not have a guilty conscience and I have no regrets for what I have done in my life. Live your life, live it happy and by all means enjoy your diaper and fill it up as often as you can.

Edited by Evelyn Dellcerro
grammar
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Evelyn Dellcerro said:

@DiaperboyEddie12 I love you eddie and I totally agree with you there 110% !! Coming out as AB or DL or Gay,Bi,Trans or anything that you want to keep private, keep it to yourself. I have the love and support of 4 diaper lovers in my life that truly know what it is and how to live it. I also have many friends here on this site that know what diapers are all about and love and support each other. Those that are on the outside and have never tried diapers are only here to judge. They call us pedophiles and all sorts of ugly names only because they know not what they say or are too stupid to understand, I should say purposely arrogant ! I never told my parents and I think at the age of 55 there would be no purpose. I honestly say I will take many secrets to my grave and it does not bother me at all. I do not have a guilty coscience and I have no regrets for what I have done in my life. Live your life, live it happy and by all means enjoy your diaper and fill it up as often as you can.

@Evelyn Dellcerro@DiaperboyEddie12

I agree as well:  There is really NO REASON to come out to anyone just because you CAN do it.  As we have heard from many, it can be a good thing, where nothing of consequence happens, or we can have it where @amorfraldaJR tells someone, and next thing he knows, BOOM - MEGA Problems!  I "Came Out" to my doctor, my Dad, and my "Support Teams" because My doctor helped me get what I needed, and made sure that they were working, and my medical records now indicate the need for them.  I told my Dad, because I TRUST HIM, and my stepmom, and they are not the type of people to shun, or make fun of people, and they understand why I did it - That was easy, as they are getting older too, and I was having problems with bladder and bowels, and I was spending half the night in the bathroom, and NOT sleeping right, and then getting up at 5 AM, and that SUCKS - I also told my Aunt and a Cousin as well, and that is as far as it goes. 

1 hour ago, Evelyn Dellcerro said:

also have many friends here on this site that know what diapers are all about and love and support each other. Those that are on the outside and have never tried diapers are only here to judge. They call us pedophiles and all sorts of ugly names only because they know not what they say or are too stupid to understand, I should say purposely arrogant ! I

They say, that until someone walks a few miles in someone else's shoes, that they don't and won't understand what it is like if you wear or use diapers for any reason.  Usually, if people don't understand, they think of people in the community as pedos or freaks, or other ridiculous monikers:  @Evelyn Dellcerrois right, because it shows that people can be cruel and arrogant, and they think that diapers are "for babies" and that anyone using them is somehow different, or that we are all aliens on a distant, Class M Planet:  NO NO NO:  we are PEOPLE who have issues, or needs for diapers, or we want to enjoy it.  There is NO SHAME in wearing or using diapers, or indulging in other activities relating to the lifestyle, as long as you are doing it in a responsible manner. 

"Coming Out" to people here on Daily Diapers, is different than coming out to your family or friends. If you are here, we have certain things we MAY assume, while doing it to a friend or family member, you don't know what the hell will happen:  But:  The choice to reveal a secret or not remains with the person who has that secret.  Remember when I said that most friends would understand your need for diapers, and would keep it to themselves?  Well, as I said, those type of TRUE friends will UNDERSTAND, while others may use this information so that have "dirt" on you, and that is NOT a true friend. 

2 hours ago, Evelyn Dellcerro said:

I never told my parents and I think at the age of 55 there would be no purpose. I honestly say I will take many secrets to my grave and it does not bother me at all. I do not have a guilty coscience and I have no regrets for what I have done in my life. Live your life, live it happy and by all means enjoy your diaper and fill it up as often as you can.

In your case Eve, you are right - It serves no purpose:  As you have said, there are certain things that you will keep to yourself, and probably won't reveal, or NEED to:  As I said to @Amy_27the choice is hers, but as @amorfraldaJRtold her, you have to weigh the consequences of doing so.  What do you think will happen:  If nothing good, it is best to keep it to yourself.

Brian

• Like 1

I know many people wonder about me here. I am bisexual and have known since I was in my freshmen year of high school. I grew up in the Bronx, New York when gangs ruled and streets were rough, and when racial violence was all over the United States. I was merely a baby when JFK was assassinated and just starting school when MLK and RFK were assassinated. I remember as a child the civil rights movement, and the segregation of schools in the south. I was still a child but my father travelled a lot and I used to take trips with him. I remember seeing in South Carolina the WHITES ONLY signs and it was a reality that New Yorkers didn't see. The sexual revolution came and went. Vietnam war was going strong. I saw many families that lost sons to that war. Was rough. There was no internet, so meeting people back then was done the old fashioned way. I was married fairly young, and had to give up college to support a family. Back in those times people never talked about being gay or bisexual and the trans phase was something new. In the 80's you had the crack epidemic along with the aids epidemic, and sex was everywhere. As a young teen I visited bath houses and had sex with many older men and women, but to us it was the norm. I was always a big guy and I worked in the security field as a chauffeur and personal escort (bodyguard). I worked for many big names and I travelled all over the world. My main concern was taking care of my family and making sure house was paid for, bills were paid, and children had clothes on their backs and fed. I never came out to my parents about being bisexual, and only my wife knew because she was the only person I ever trusted. Diapers I had loved since I was a 14 year old teen, and I would not even disclose that to my best friends or family, or siblings. That was unheard of. I met @Evelyn Dellcerro at the hospital where both our fathers died within  days of each other and we became instant friends. Our mothers had known each other from the neighborhood. There are certain places in the Bronx where all people get along race, religion, creed, and gender, and it is a very close knit place. I worked the million man march back in 1995 and guarded some very elite people, and to me it was my job to keep the people I protect safe. My wife passed in 2006 of cancer and I had my good friend evelyn and her husband peter as my friends to lean on. I admit I went crazy with the alcohol for almost 4 straight years all I did was drink and work. My relationship with my 2 children suffered. Evelyn and Pete helped me to get back on my feet and leave the alcohol. I have not touched a drop since January of 2010. I lost a great friend in 2012 which was Evelyns husband, and I know she suffered severely. I was there for her as she had been for me. Many people dont even know any of this because it is something I do not tell. Like Evelyn has said there are many things we will take to our graves, and not telling parents about diapers or being bisexual is just the tip of the iceberg for me.. Junior, Evelyn and Elizabeth are my dear friends and I love you guys. @Transfusionelle I love you so much for introducing me to Jade and we are very happy together as you probably know. I just wanna say people here remember it is a secret if only you know it,, once you tell someone it is not a secret anymore and it could turn around and bite you on your ass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, philmydiaper said:

I know many people wonder about me here. I am bisexual and have known since I was in my freshmen year of high school. I grew up in the Bronx, New York when gangs ruled and streets were rough, and when racial violence was all over the United States. I was merely a baby when JFK was assassinated and just starting school when MLK and RFK were assassinated. I remember as a child the civil rights movement, and the segregation of schools in the south. I was still a child but my father travelled a lot and I used to take trips with him. I remember seeing in South Carolina the WHITES ONLY signs and it was a reality that New Yorkers didn't see. The sexual revolution came and went. Vietnam war was going strong. I saw many families that lost sons to that war. Was rough. There was no internet, so meeting people back then was done the old fashioned way. I was married fairly young, and had to give up college to support a family. Back in those times people never talked about being gay or bisexual and the trans phase was something new. In the 80's you had the crack epidemic along with the aids epidemic, and sex was everywhere. As a young teen I visited bath houses and had sex with many older men and women, but to us it was the norm. I was always a big guy and I worked in the security field as a chauffeur and personal escort (bodyguard). I worked for many big names and I travelled all over the world. My main concern was taking care of my family and making sure house was paid for, bills were paid, and children had clothes on their backs and fed. I never came out to my parents about being bisexual, and only my wife knew because she was the only person I ever trusted. Diapers I had loved since I was a 14 year old teen, and I would not even disclose that to my best friends or family, or siblings. That was unheard of. I met @Evelyn Dellcerro at the hospital where both our fathers died within  days of each other and we became instant friends. Our mothers had known each other from the neighborhood. There are certain places in the Bronx where all people get along race, religion, creed, and gender, and it is a very close knit place. I worked the million man march back in 1995 and guarded some very elite people, and to me it was my job to keep the people I protect safe. My wife passed in 2006 of cancer and I had my good friend evelyn and her husband peter as my friends to lean on. I admit I went crazy with the alcohol for almost 4 straight years all I did was drink and work. My relationship with my 2 children suffered. Evelyn and Pete helped me to get back on my feet and leave the alcohol. I have not touched a drop since January of 2010. I lost a great friend in 2012 which was Evelyns husband, and I know she suffered severely. I was there for her as she had been for me. Many people dont even know any of this because it is something I do not tell. Like Evelyn has said there are many things we will take to our graves, and not telling parents about diapers or being bisexual is just the tip of the iceberg for me.. Junior, Evelyn and Elizabeth are my dear friends and I love you guys. @Transfusionelle I love you so much for introducing me to Jade and we are very happy together as you probably know. I just wanna say people here remember it is a secret if only you know it,, once you tell someone it is not a secret anymore and it could turn around and bite you on your ass.

There is really nothing I can add to that Phil.. I love you so much baby and your frienship means the world to me !! My family is your family...

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Evelyn Dellcerro said:

There is really nothing I can add to that Phil.. I love you so much baby and your frienship means the world to me !! My family is your family...

Wow you seem to have positively effected many lives.

Your awesome 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rachael-Little said:

Wow you seem to have positively effected many lives.

Your awesome 

Rachael we have spoken many times and I think youre an awesome person also.. Its not easy being me, but I always keep my chin up and try to spread the love. I refuse to let anything or anyone get me down sweetie. You know there will always be haters and nay sayers. There are so many her that doubt love, which is a sad state. Always the optimist because I believe in hope and good prevails over evil, Love you sweetie and I miss chatting with you.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 12:37 AM, Amy_27 said:

I am not sure whether you are referring to coming out as gay or DL. 

When i finally came out to my mother as gay (late twenties) i think she was relived in a way. She kind of knew, but she also knew something of my many kinks. I think she would have found it harder had I come out as DL or kinky. But I dont know why I would do that anyway. it is stuff I do alone or with trusted friends. being gay is something I cannot keep private (as much a i tried to in my teens and early twenties).

I have friends who have come out to parents as gay in a wide variety of circumstances and with a range of outcomes, none anywhere as bad as any of us imagined. And none as bad as living in the closet.