LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby formula = messes?

I read a post that said someone had more than 16 ounces of baby formula and it made them have a messy accident.

Does taking formula make you mess? If you could summarise the taste, is it nice? 

Would be kind of a thrill to take something you know is going to make you mess (sure, laxatives etc) but you don’t know when. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, megaaaan said:

I read a post that said someone had more than 16 ounces of baby formula and it made them have a messy accident.

Does taking formula make you mess? If you could summarise the taste, is it nice? 

Would be kind of a thrill to take something you know is going to make you mess (sure, laxatives etc) but you don’t know when. 

Hi Megaaaan, I think you are referring to my post a few weeks ago Too much formula makes a mess . I'm not sure how it would effect you, as everyone is different, but I have also heard from others that formula has also made their stool rather soft or as in my case almost runny. I'm fine with one or two bottles a day and actually look forward to it. After that incident I'm very careful how much I have just to be safe. As to the taste, some say it's an acquired taste, I can say it's not sweet, but also not bitter If that makes sense? I've only had Similac and Enfimil, mostly it's Similac. When my wife and I first started playing baby games she surprised me with the formula without telling me. She put a little honey in it not telling me it was Baby formula. After a several bottles (over a few weeks) I found out what she was giving me. By then I was enjoying it better than regular milk, one time I had fixed my own bottle not knowing she was adding the honey and actually liked it better. I've been enjoying it for a few years now. 

Formula is rather expensive, if you would like to try it I suggest single serve premixed. If you are drinking it to try and make a "messy diaper" I can think of plenty of cheaper ways.? We don't pay for my formula, the logistics company my wife works for handles baby formula among thousands of other items. Baby formula is heavily regulated and if a unit (pallet) is damaged in any way it cannot be sold. The company encourages the employees to take it and use it or donate to those in need as they cannot legally donate it. It is a win-win for us as I get formula and our local charities get it too.

If you do try formula please let me know what you think...

IMGP0306sm.thumb.jpg.2d3b3d74734598d0384ecffd0a5e0356.jpg

2 hours ago, megaaaan said:

I don't think it would do anything more than too much milk to most people unless there's some sort of lactose issue. Actually a lot of formula has so much iron in it that I think the opposite effect can also happen. It won't be a laxative I think for most people.

Taste? Depends on the brand. I've tended to like Enfamil brand ones better. My favorite is their Enspire formula, but it's also the most expensive. It has a sweetish taste to it, but a bit of another additional taste too... I mix up a 32 ounce batch at a time usually and fill bottles I'll drink over a 24 hour period. Never noticed stool issues from it.

If you're wanting to go uncontrollably that would need to be a laxative or something else. Personally I don't like cleaning up a diaper that results from that though!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BabySofia said:

If you're wanting to go uncontrollably that would need to be a laxative or something else. Personally I don't like cleaning up a diaper that results from that though!

yea, i’m not looking for a horribly messy result - more like lack of control, and not overly runny but not hard haha i don’t want to be gross 

3 hours ago, Little Baby Becca said:

If you do try formula please let me know what you think...

hey! it is your post i was referring to :) i’m not sure whether i’ll bother with it, seems like too much hassle to be honest 

thanks for your help though! ❤️

Babies take, on average, about 2.5 ounces of formula per pound of weight every day. (Up until they start solids around 6 months and their nutritional needs change.) So a 7lb newborn (about average size) would require 17.5 ounces, 10lb baby would need 25 ounces, and so on. If 16 ounces causes diarrhea in a fully-grown adult who is many times larger than a newborn there is most likely an allergy or intolerance to something in it. On the other hand, scientifically speaking, correlation does not equal causation. It is fully possible that something totally unrelated (such as a minor GO bug) caused the loose stools, but the person associated it with the amount of formula ingested simply because it was not the normal amount. All that to say there is no evidence to suggest any given amount of formula will give you the same results as another person. Only way to know is to try it yourself.