LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

lay down or stand

jaymsey

...I always used to change laying down, never thought I'd stand up to change, but now that's how I diaper myself is standing. Since I wear mainly cloth, what I do is "pre-pin" the right side of the cloth diaper(since all my diapers are prefolds or contours, I know exactly where to put the first pin). Then, I'll put my right leg through the newly made right leg opening, pull the diaper up into place, then pull the left rear corner up and over the left front corner and pin. I can do this pretty fast too, wife even asked how do I change a diaper so quickly!!!

• Like 1

I have found it easier standing. It's my general go to these days. I have never used the wall or anything to hold it up. Sometimes I lay down to secure the bottom tabs and generally I lay down if I'm not changing myself. I have always found doing it laying down kinda awkward. I think it's because my boobs get in the way so I can't see what I'm doing so well haha. x

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ames said:

I have found it easier standing. It's my general go to these days. I have never used the wall or anything to hold it up. Sometimes I lay down to secure the bottom tabs and generally I lay down if I'm not changing myself. I have always found doing it laying down kinda awkward. I think it's because my boobs get in the way so I can't see what I'm doing so well haha. x

Yes! The boobs are definitely an issue laying down!

• Like 1

I do not remember being put in a diaper other than laying down and I have never seen anyone put in a diaper other than laying down; even when I was in the nursing home recovering and my roomie was IC, he was laid down. If you are a little or a baby, that is how yu are put into a diaper and littles and babies do not put their own diapers on, either

Tommy would not be pleased with anyone standing up to be put in a diaper

On 9/25/2020 at 5:18 PM, Little Christine said:

I do not remember being put in a diaper other than laying down and I have never seen anyone put in a diaper other than laying down; even when I was in the nursing home recovering and my roomie was IC, he was laid down. If you are a little or a baby, that is how yu are put into a diaper and littles and babies do not put their own diapers on, either

Tommy would not be pleased with anyone standing up to be put in a diaper

I'm assuming it's due to our age difference but I've not only seen babies get changed standing up but actually done it while working as a nanny or babysitter. I've known plenty of parents who switch from regular diapers to Pull Ups, Easy Ups, and the like sometime in the baby's second year - not because they're ready to tackle potty training, but because more often than not it's just easier to change a busy toddler standing up rather than wrestling them to lie down. As for Tommy I don't know who he is, nor do I care about his opinion. I suppose it's none of his business how anyone chooses to diaper their children - or themselves. People know what works best for them.

I use cloth diaperswhich need a pin and I would not even want to try that standing up. JUst how young can youuse  pull-ups Do the last as long between changes ans standrad diapers? When I was in the nursing home,, they were about to give up on pull-ups. I was using them having had a cath in me for awhile then a readilyavailable urinal, So for the first 4 or 5 days I was not too sure offmy ability to  hold it and the pull-ups did not look like they could hold much more than one go. I did not try it but I did have some dribbles

It appears that Easy Ups start at size 2T-3T, (weight 16-34lbs) supposedly the same as a size 4 diaper, while Pull Ups start at 12-24m (14-26lbs) which I would say is size 3, might fit a baby close to sizing out of size 2 even. Some babies are in size 3 or 4 before they even hit their first birthday. Do they hold as much? Can't say I ever compared them but in all my years babysitting I can probably count the number of leaky diapers, regular and pull-up style combined, I've had to deal with on one hand. And two of those involved a nasty GI bug, which is not a regular occurance. The one downside is that to me the Pull Ups brand get a noticeable not-so-pleasant smell when wet.

3 hours ago, Little Christine said:

I use cloth diaperswhich need a pin and I would not even want to try that standing up. JUst how young can youuse  pull-ups Do the last as long between changes ans standrad diapers? When I was in the nursing home,, they were about to give up on pull-ups. I was using them having had a cath in me for awhile then a readilyavailable urinal, So for the first 4 or 5 days I was not too sure offmy ability to  hold it and the pull-ups did not look like they could hold much more than one go. I did not try it but I did have some dribbles

While it is difficult, I have pinned prefold diapers on myself while standing. It takes a bit, and repinning. Hourglass or fitted are almost as easy as disposables.

7 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

While it is difficult, I have pinned prefold diapers on myself while standing. It takes a bit, and repinning. Hourglass or fitted are almost as easy as disposables.

Key operative phrase; '... it is difficult". So I should put myself through all of that if I do not have to? I am proud of being a blonde, not how grown up I can be. Besides I am in a different kind of diaper

43 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

So I should put myself through all of that if I do not have to?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you should.  For those of us who go out and about in nappies, however, it is not always possible to find somewhere to change lying down.  It's therefore important to be able to get changed standing sometimes.  My way round it is to carry spares with popper or velcro fastening, as they are easy to change into when I'm standing up.  Just because I've not mastered the art of pinning on a square standing up, doesn't mean it's not worth doing though.  The more options you've got, the more situations you're prepared for.

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

Key operative phrase; '... it is difficult". So I should put myself through all of that if I do not have to? I am proud of being a blonde, not how grown up I can be. Besides I am in a different kind of diaper

No, I never suggested that you try. I was just stating that it is possible. Just like it takes practice getting flat or prefold cloth diapers folded correctly when you are putting them on, it takes practice pinning on a diaper while standing.

• 3 weeks later...

The most natural way to diaper up is laying back on a bed (or if you prefer a diaper mat for the spoiled adults) lol and placing the diaper under you and snuggly fit the legs around your privates and then drop your legs and tape them up properly and without having to tape over because the tapes were too loose. I have changed my brothers my nieces and nephews and I have changed grown ups. I can at least boast a 400 average. No runs, no leaks and no errors !! If you have changed kids before you know that there is no way to diaper them standing up (that's an adult thing). For those that do change on the run, or in public places I know it can be a bit tricky. I've done it a few times and it never feels right sitting on the bowl and attaching the tapes and the fit is never snug. I am an old woman (lol), and prefer the old fashioned lay down style on the bed. I may not be incontinent, but I do enjoy the hell out of my diapers.

• Like 1

I start off lying down on my changing mat, with the diaper underneath as i lotion and powder to catch any fallout. The bottom two tabs i do next , then i stand up two do the top two tabs. I have found this gives a good fit for me. :) 

Well, this goes back to the days when I was 4 and 5 years old, but my mom always diapered me for bed standing up in front of her.  That was cloth diapers and plastic pants with diaper pins too, no tapes on disposable diapers back then.  I don't remember any issues other than I was always afraid she would stick me with the diaper pins.

Always laying down for me too. Whether I'm doing it myself (rare) or having Daddy do it (preferred and most of the time) it's always laying down. Makes me feel more babyish! Usually accompanied by a pacifier and being naked otherwise.