LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

lay down or stand

jaymsey

It depends on the nappy.  I'm usually in cloth nappies, and the velcro and popper ones are both easy to put on standing up, so I can change into them anywhere.  The terry squares are a different matter - I've never even tried to put one on standing up.  I always lay them out, usually on the bed, then lie down to fasten them.  Disposables I can change either way, but I prefer to lie down as I find it easier to get the tension on the tabs right.  That's probably just down to lack of practice with putting them on standing - I don't wear them often.

Laying down is the easier way to learn how to get the best fit for your Diaper.

However, in the "FIELD", (changing in Public) you will need to master the art of applying your Diaper while Standing.

I prefer to lay down. I can get a much better fit if I lay down on bed. However changing your diaper laying down is not always an option. I will stand when out and about like in public restrooms or while at work.

I would believe it does matter if you are using disposable or cloth, I can't imagine trying to put a cloth diaper on standing up, I'm not that talented . I almost always use disposable and I learned yrs ago to do it standing up, now that's the only way I really can put on a disposable it's normal for me.?:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

i've only diapered myself while standing. maybe a few times early on in my re-diapering days i tried taping up laying down, but i haven't in recent memory. we have a bed in our guest/changing room, but there's just stuff on it... mostly old and/or seasonal laundry, but some other little clutter things too. and i just don't want to clean off the bed to try to tape up. plus i don't have a changing pad/old towel to lay out before i lay down. one day i do want to give it a shot, but until then i'm perfectly happy changing against the door frame :) 

I do it standing as well and I have never had to use a wall to hold up my diaper while putting one on.  I use disposables.  I stand because its easier and I get a better fit than when trying to put on a diaper laying down.  Interestingly, when I was a young boy and wet every night, my mom would diaper me for bed in cloth diapers standing in front of her as she sat on the living room couch.  This was the nightly routine until I was almost 6 years old, never diapered laying down, and that has nothing to do at all with the fact that I diaper myself standing up today.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:30 AM, beallucanb said:

I did a combination, I start lying down, when I have the diaper where I want it I tape the bottom tabs.

Then I stand to finish the top tabs, I think you get a better fit doing it that way.

That's pretty much the same as I do it.

• Like 1

99.5 percent of the time I'm diapered or changed while I'm flat on my back in the customary diapered position. There are times though that I get my diaper changed while I'm standing up. Usually when we're out somewhere and I'm either soaked or really messy.