LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Oops I wet the bed

I passed another milestone last night.  I woke gradually as usual this morning, with a few cuddles, then eventually realised I was lying in a wet patch of bed.  Oops.  I told Mummy, who told me to get up, which of course I did.  The wet patch was about 18 inches across.  This was the first time I'd wet the bed in months, and the first time it has happened while we've been in bed together - I've been wearing at night for the past 6 months.  I was a bit worried about what Mummy's reaction might be, but I needn't have been. She was fine about it.  Anyway, I washed and put on a dry nappy in the bathroom as usual, wondering why I'd saturated my nappy, then I realised I'd forgotten to put the extra soaker in that I generally use at night.  I wear a terry nappy at night in a Chinese fold.  That would usually be enough to keep leaks at bay, but occasionally I wet too much at night, so these days I always add a cloth soaker, and last night I forgot.

I should have realised that, as when Mummy came to bed with my night-time bottle she found the soaker on the bed, but I was half asleep and didn't put 2 and 2 together.  Anyway, I wetted enough in the night to saturate my nappy, and so it leaked.

I got dressed and went downstairs to make tea and my breakfast toast, leaving Mummy still lying in the wet bed, not particularly concerned.  As she said, 'It's not on my side'.  I took her up a mug of tea, and I think she's still in bed now.  Once she's up I'll strip the bed and put the sheets in the wash.

Just to make clear, as far as I'm aware I've never wet my nappy in my sleep.  I always wake up when I need to wet, as far as I know, although I'm generally only half awake.  But then I just wet, without any conscious thought about it, as I do during the day, than fall asleep again.

I feel so lucky to be able to live my life like this, the only way I can be happy, and get the support I need from my other half.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Stroller said:

I was half asleep and didn't put 2 and 2 together.  Anyway, I wetted enough in the night to saturate my nappy, and so it leaked.

Probably a good idea you didn't put a number 2 and 2 together in your diaper!  Leaking with just a wet diaper is bad enough!  :10_EmoticonsHDcom:

Get used to it.  Leaks happen in bed.  Less so with cloth than disposables but as my history (and underblanket) attests, they still happen ?

As you've identified here, the "win" in this is your partner didn't go into orbit over it.  To be fair, neither did mine when she saw the yellow-speckled-underblanket but I don't think I've managed an 18" puddle.  I suspect that *would* trigger some degree of fall-out.  18" is pushing the boundary of a mere leak!

By the way, the descent into bed wetting for me was extremely subtle.  I suspect by the time I definitely "caught" an episode, it had already happened a couple of times but when you're wet when you fall asleep and wet when you wake up, it's not always easy to figure what happened when.

You may already be bed wetting into an already-damp nappy and not realising it.  A couple of the (blessedly minor) leaks I've caught the next morning have corresponded to nights with little to no clear recollection of wetting.