LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Old Sears Catalog pictures

image.png

This descrptiion tells us two things. They are called "panties" and that clear ones did exist in the early 1950's so When I included the the frosted clear panties like the Protex Erosoft, and "I Can't Believe it's NOT Gerber II" as well as their "Tuffy",  as accurate HERE. I knew what I  was doing

However, only TWo rubber panties (plus a "weterproofed diaper cover" whatever that was) for a set of 24 diapers? I would think that there should be at least 4 and more likely 6

17 hours ago, willnotwill said:

You have to have an Ancestry account which costs money.   They have the "big books" going back to the teens I think up until they stopped doing them.

A free access one can be gotten HERE AND you can see the toys from those times

The original point of my search was the toy section. Then the layette section occurred to me. That should also be there, that is where I got my first look at the layette

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

That's the Christmas books but still way cool.   I never realized how much clothing there used to be in the Christmas catalog (who wanted clothing for Christmas)!

Have you any idea of how many dresses I droooled over; as well as layettes?

11 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I always thought someone should put together an AB layette like that.

I do not want to even imagine what it woud cost.I have the closest thing but not a baby's I do have a pacifier andrubber sheets

nursery.jpg

paci2.jpg

The first time I ever masturbated was to the diaper and incontinence image's in both the Sears and Montgomery Ward's catalogs, with the ones in the Sears catalog being my favorite. Both not just those image's. I also masturbated to the image's of the women's panties and bras, not forgetting the nursing bras.

23 hours ago, Little Christine said:

image.png

This descrptiion tells us two things. They are called "panties" and that clear ones did exist in the early 1950's so When I included the the frosted clear panties like the Protex Erosoft, and "I Can't Believe it's NOT Gerber II" as well as their "Tuffy",  as accurate HERE. I knew what I  was doing

However, only TWo rubber panties (plus a "weterproofed diaper cover" whatever that was) for a set of 24 diapers? I would think that there should be at least 4 and more likely 6

My family has pictures of my eldest brother, born in 1954, in just a cloth diaper, no cover, playing on the hardwood floor. Likely the panties were only used when a BM was expected or overnight. Wiping off a wood or tile floor is cheaper than more plastic panties.

Back in the day parents would just reuse the same rubber/plastic pants over and over unless particularly soiled.   Also they'd likely just rinse it off in the sink and hang it in the bathroom to dry rather than laundering them.

I remember the semi-transparent sort of ecru colored ones that were put on me being rubbed with a cloth before that was done and that is how I remember what they looked like. I do not  remember these or the peach pink ones actually being put on me. In the case of the ecru ones, I remember being in the crib and remembering them. I reached into the waistband of my PJ'sand actually felt the material and making the connection between what I felt and what I remembered. So it might have been thecustom to  wipe panties on theinsdie before putting them on Although I do remember seeing changes where the panties were pulled to the ankles, the diaper changed and the panties pulled back up. However, I do not think that diapers were let to get as wet as we imagine infantasies so the panties my not have gotten that wet inside. Nor do I rmember babies' panties having a bad smell. Although I do note that the smell of stale pee does make me think of rubber panties and rubber sheets

Sears also used to list their baby panties separately in that section Here is something I found

https://christmas.musetechnical.com/ShowCatalogPage/1958-Sears-Spring-Summer-Catalog/0409

site home

https://christmas.musetechnical.com/

I recently came across (online) a picture of a little girl dress from the 1974 Sears catalog. It was one I imagined wearing way back then at age 15. I saved the picture and might actually make a couple of dresses from that page in the near future.

Thanks to Christine's link, I also have a Monkey Wards catalog page.   I have fond memories of shopping in the MW in Baltimore and Denver.   Both of which you could order random catalog stuff (including incontinene stuff) and pick it up in minutes...
image.png

1977 wardsimage.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As a long-time DD=er, I am loathe to cross-post However, we have 2 good threads about  old Sears catalogs so I am tryig to connect them as best I can; unless they could be merged by a mod or admin

a link to this thread is now in THIS PART of RUBBER PANTIES'R'US