LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Old Sears Catalog pictures

I've been in a ABDL chat room with folks from a different area.  Very nice folks.

There were some older folks (like me) in the room and we started a discussion of the limited number of sources for ABDL related diapers, clothing and information there

were in "our" time. 

One person reminded me of one of the great finds I did make during that time and they were in the Sears HealthCare Catalog.

I can't emphasize the incredible impact they had on my life....finally, I could find the things I loved.....  But also started my binge and purge cycles.  Seemed like I couldn't win.

I've added two pictures.....

Anyone else impacted by this or the "MonkeyWard" catalog entries for Incontinence Supplies?

I

Sears Health Page2.jpg

Sears Health Page.jpg

• Like 1

Oh yes.  Sears and Montgomery Wards were special to me for this very reason.

And Sunday mornings the advertising booklets stuffed in the newspaper with the Depends ads and coupons too.  Hard to search and read furtively and even harder to get the coupons clipped without notice.

The internet has changed things in ways we never imagined back then...

Any catalog I could get my hands on, that had incontent items, or baby items too, I grabbed. Also the occasional page in mom’s magazines, usually the back pages. Sometimes my older sister would point out the magazine ads to me, to tease me some, cause I wet the bed till I was about 6. ? But I would secretly, go back later and have a good look. I still have some of the 60’s-70’s Sears & Montgomery Ward catalogues. 
0830059C-198A-4D77-BE2B-86F646224A1F.jpegB361F65E-F400-4525-B3E6-054BF826DAB1.jpegF920E080-3EC0-4828-940A-0410A9D0D8D3.jpegD27DCF94-44B5-4A15-A6F9-4701CA301FD0.jpeg

9DC18313-D464-4241-886C-BF335B69DAF7.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh yes, as a youngster I spent hours & hours browsing the incontinence section of the Sears big catalogs.  When a new one arrived (every six months) I immediately checked the pages to verify my dream items were still offered.  Think it was 1968 when I submitted my first of many orders for “adult supplies” from Sears.  Still have a few of those treasures.

So far I’m the oldest catalog winner.  I saved a 1959 Fall & Winter for the reasons stated here.  Trivia question, does anybody know/remember when Sears began publishing the standalone HealthCare Catalog?

I used to look at the layette pictures for hours in the 1950's cats

I the early mid 1980's I got some of their bloomers. Horrible.  one side of the seam was smooth on the outside and grainy on the inside and the other half was the opposite and the panties were the same

Wow,

This is a home run for me. The day the new Sears catalogue showed up was so exciting. I searched for the plastic pants and diapers well into my teens and 20's. Oh if I would have saved one. My mom shopped JC Penny's for some of our clothing but Sears was her go to store for a majority of items. Diapers, plastic pants underwear\training pants, T-shirts: I could go on. A trip to Sears was such a big deal. Thanks for the Posts\Pictures. Also, I am so excited. I received my order of double and triple back undies as well as my 5 panel (one panel plastic) training pants last week. They are so comfortable. Just adds to my special memories of the classic department stores.

Yeah, I used to check those out, and would order the plastic bloomers and pick them up at the nearby store. Those were always kind of a hit-or-miss proposition though in that the actual item might be nice smooth plastic with rubber elastics one time, and the next time be translucent, taffeta-pattern-embossed, crackly plastic. I just never quite knew what I'd get.

My, how the internet has changed things....

Yeah, i love the consistency of Gary Leakmaster Deluxe Plastic Pants....plastic is always smooth....and heavy duty.

I loved Salk Sani-Pants.....but again, sometimes the plastic was thick and smooth and sometimes more textured based.

One seller JKPPP back in the old days said that they included texture when the rollers that rolled out the hot plastic got degraded.

Internet, good, consistent quality reusable incontinence products, ABDL centered disposable diapers......forums.....yeah thngs have changed.

And remember some of those young kids clothes?  The size chart stated the pants were cut fuller for children who have not lost their baby roundness or who still wear diapers.  I well remember those adult diapers and plastic pants in the big Sears catalog and later their small home health catalogs.

3 hours ago, vvp39 said:

Yeah, I used to check those out, and would order the plastic bloomers and pick them up at the nearby store. Those were always kind of a hit-or-miss proposition though in that the actual item might be nice smooth plastic with rubber elastics one time, and the next time be translucent, taffeta-pattern-embossed, crackly plastic. I just never quite knew what I'd get.

My, how the internet has changed things....

I had the same experience with the bloomers.  In one of my later purchases they were made from extremely thick vinyl.  I swear it was/is at least 10 mil.  This seemed so odd that I squirreled away a couple of the bloomers still in their original packaging.

Just checked my 1959 catalog, back then the bloomers were listed as “natural colored rubber”.  Looking further there were several flavors of rubber sheets for the discriminating shopper.  Those were the days!

Yep, it was certainly those old Sears Catalogs that gave me the idea of diapers (So they do make larger diapers!   That deceitful woman told me I'd have to use the toilet).
At first it just seemed absurd to me and my sister that adults would have to wear diapers.   Later, I became obsessed with the concept.

I remember very well these sections, as I also enjoyed looking and and more as I fantasized about some of the products being used on me.  

Times have changed and now even the Penny's stores are closing.  

Some would say those were the good old days and I would tend to agree.

Some 7 years ago, when there was a drive to get images of baby panties and diapers I sent DailyDi an picture of the 1959 Sears layette. I do not know what happened to it

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 1:16 PM, Wetpants said:

I've been in a ABDL chat room with folks from a different area.  Very nice folks.

There were some older folks (like me) in the room and we started a discussion of the limited number of sources for ABDL related diapers, clothing and information there

were in "our" time. 

One person reminded me of one of the great finds I did make during that time and they were in the Sears HealthCare Catalog.

I can't emphasize the incredible impact they had on my life....finally, I could find the things I loved.....  But also started my binge and purge cycles.  Seemed like I couldn't win.

I've added two pictures.....

Anyone else impacted by this or the "MonkeyWard" catalog entries for Incontinence Supplies?

I

Sears Health Page2.jpg

Sears Health Page.jpg

I remember that photo from the big Sears catalog.  I wanted desperately to order the protective pants, item 3 or 4.  I was only 7 or 8 years old

On 9/16/2020 at 9:16 AM, Little Christine said:

Some 7 years ago, when there was a drive to get images of baby panties and diapers I sent DailyDi an picture of the 1959 Sears layette. I do not know what happened to it

Don't know, but Ancestry has all the old Sears catalogs online.    This is where I've been grabbing the diaper shots from.   Here's a layette from the Fall 1959 book...
image.png

• Like 1

The one I saw was from Xmas '58

Maybe you can get pix and descriptions of 40's and early 50's layettes

Are these cats on a free site or a pay site? and can you get is the link

You have to have an Ancestry account which costs money.   They have the "big books" going back to the teens I think up until they stopped doing them.

Here's a 1950 one:
image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

I grabbed tghem up in case DaulyDi wants to add them to the hisotry page