LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can I become incontinent if I use foley catheters for a long time.

Or, you could just wear a diaper and pee in it over and over and achieve the same effect except unlike the Foley catheter being in place, you won't have colonized bacteria living in your bladder. 

I think it will differ from person to person. Personally I have been using catheters and stents for over 14 years now and most of the time 24/7. If I take my stent out things return back to normal within two sometime three days. At first I have to pee like every ten minutes but the intervals increase rapidly. So the way I look at it, it will not make you incontinent unless something else happens that causes damage. The damage could be caused by the catheter if not used correctly. Then again I am no doctor.

dlnoir... Question - You said after taking your stent out, at first you have to pee like every ten minutes, but the intervals increase rapidly... When you're getting the urge to pee every ten minutes, are you immediately releasing your bladder into a diaper, or are you holding it to get to a toilet?? I just wonder if the intervals increase if you don't hold it...

I wear diapers 24/7 so even if I take the stent out I’d still be wearing a diaper. If I get the urge to pee, I just let go and do not run for the toilet. My body automatically normalizes things back to a continent state which is fine with me. My stent will counteract that if I desire to do so, which is most of the time. I do not seek to harm my body and I think that is not done by using a stent. But a another part of me seeks a form of incontinence. I love to wake up in a wet diaper and have no control and a stent will do just that.

4 hours ago, dlnoir said:

I think it will differ from person to person. Personally I have been using catheters and stents for over 14 years now and most of the time 24/7. If I take my stent out things return back to normal within two sometime three days. At first I have to pee like every ten minutes but the intervals increase rapidly. So the way I look at it, it will not make you incontinent unless something else happens that causes damage. The damage could be caused by the catheter if not used correctly. Then again I am no doctor.

Are you saying it won't work? You said you have the catheter in most of the time? How close to 24/7 are you? How often and how longs of breaks from 24/7 catheter use do you take?

21 hours ago, DiaperBoy91 said:

Are you saying it won't work? You said you have the catheter in most of the time? How close to 24/7 are you? How often and how longs of breaks from 24/7 catheter use do you take?

Well I am not saying it won’t work, I have some doubts that much is true. I am just talking about my own experience, so I can’t speak for others and I can’t speak about their experiences and achievements. Just bear with me and let me tell you how things came along with me. From about as long as I can remember a part of me always felt one should wake up in a wet diaper, having no control will just do that. I was back in diapers at a very early age but my mom did not appreciate it if I wetted my diaper after I was potty trained. Fast forward a heap of years. By coincidence I came across a couple catheters and they seemed to be the answer to my continence. They worked just fine, I woke up in a wet diaper. Since that worked ever so nicely I started using catheters during the day as well for it completed a desire I had or better yet a part of me. That was about 14 years ago. I found a couple of downsides to the Catheter. You couldn’t feel yourself pee, your diaper will simply get wet. You will get bacterial growth and bacterial colonies. And last thing I found if for one reason or another you’ll get excited the catheter could hinder your erection, and that can be (very) painful. On a Dutch diaper forum I met Cathdiaper and he made himself a stent which I used as a template to design my own, that was about 13 years ago. I’ve only used catheters for a very limited time for the stent took care of the downsides of the catheter. For sure you will get other downsides like migration but meanwhile I’ve got that handled. That is in a nutshell how things came about with me. To get back to your questions. I can’t say it won’t work at all, for we all have our own experiences. All I can say I’ve been using catheters and stents for well over 14 years and if I take my stent out things will start to normalize, I am still continent. I use my stent (almost) 24/7 and I’ll only take it out for cleaning, for it does need cleaning. I will keep it in for weeks even months is a row and only take it out at rare occasions. For instance if I need to travel for my work, that is part of my daily job and I travel abroad. When I have to travel I will take my diapers along but leave the stent at home. I will take my stent out a week in advance to my traveling and that is it. The breaks vary but it is usually around three maybe four days. If I get back home I put it back in. I cannot predict how things will develop but this is what it is after 14 years.

• Like 2

Trust me it won't work if you have no underlying urological or neurological problems.

I discussed this with a very cooperative urologist who I was seeing for DSD (sphincter issues) and because at first invasive procedures were out of the question I discussed catheters, he said that while it would temporarily solve the DSD, it would not be permanent and the risk for infections great. 

In the end a sphincterectomy was decided to be the better alternative because I really didn't want a urostomy.