LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Woman, 19, stays 'frozen in time as 10-month-old baby' due to mystery condition

That's really awful, for the kid and the family. That said, it doesn't sound like a huge mystery to me... My mom worked with special needs kids for years. Judging from my time with those kids, it sounds a lot like severe autism. (I know they say in the article that it's not autism, but it certainly sounds like it... Not that I'm an expert.)

• Like 1

Just an FYI, while this is plausible, the Daily Mirror is a tabloid. This could very likely be fake, and a couple things make me think it is.

1) Daisy’s mom sounds like an idiot in her quotes.

2) The article doesn’t quote the physician by name.

3) There’s no real medical discussion at all. She would have been diagnosed with something. It may be something generic and they may not know the cause of it, like developmental delay, but it would be something.

4) It’s a grammatical mess.

5) It manages to work in complaints that make me think the author went out of his way to tick every box: failure of modern medicine, mother resentful at her own children, twelve kinds of regrets, society doesn’t care, blah blah blah.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Just an FYI, while this is plausible, the Daily Mirror is a tabloid. This could very likely be fake, and a couple things make me think it is.

1) Daisy’s mom sounds like an idiot in her quotes.

2) The article doesn’t quote the physician by name.

3) There’s no real medical discussion at all. She would have been diagnosed with something. It may be something generic and they may not know the cause of it, like developmental delay, but it would be something.

4) It’s a grammatical mess.

5) It manages to work in complaints that make me think the author went out of his way to tick every box: failure of modern medicine, mother resentful at her own children, twelve kinds of regrets, society doesn’t care, blah blah blah.

I doubt that it's a complete fabrication.    The Sun (also tabloid), did run the story as well.  Usually if it a complete fake story, it is more like a Sidd Finch.   This doesn't fit an April Fool's type joke  I bet the story embellished some of the details, but there is very likely a family in Wales who is dealing with an adult daughter who for some reason is not able to function and they forced to care for her.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All :)

There are conditions that can leave someone disabled, and live life as a baby. or "Frozen in Time." Daisy Rainy is ONE of them. There is another that comes to mind in the person of Brooke Megan Greenberg.  The following is from Wikipedia: 

Brooke Megan Greenberg (January 8, 1993 – October 24, 2013)[1][2] was an American who remained physically and cognitively similar to a toddler, despite her increasing age. She was about 30 in (76 cm) tall, weighed about 16 lb (7.3 kg) and had an estimated mental age of nine months to one year. Brooke's doctors termed her condition Syndrome X."

It all depends on the persons condition.  Brooke wore diapers her whole life, but as much as possible was treated as if she had a disability, even though she was very little in stature. Her Friends took care of her, along with her sister, and she was dressed and treated like the the teen she was.  she lived her life, and was considered "frozen in time" because while she aged, she did not age as a normal adult would.  Being disabled has its perks sometimes, but it can also have its drawbacks, as there were medical conditions that she suffered from.  My brother Richard was in an accident when he was younger, and he was mentally disabled due to injuries suffered in the accident, so while he was able to age like me, he also had the mental age of a toddler, as he could not speak, and could only make "noises" to let us know what was going on.

There are so many things that we do not understand or are unable to wrap our mind's around, but medicine sometimes throws curves at some of the parents in these situations.  Daisy Rainy has her challenges, while Brooke Greenberg had hers:  I was always taught that there are always reasons someone is here for a time.  My brother died at 10, another friend of mine died at 14, another friend of mine died at 40.  Kids and Young Adults may not get the opportunity to live LONG lives, but the idea is that we as individuals (parents) should endeavor to allow our children to live life to their FULLEST potential.  From what I see, I believe that Brooke and Daisy are doing that, however, as they age, things may have to change, because children's services may not and most likely won't be able to continue to provide services due to being considered adults at the ages of 18 or 21.

The only way that I know this changes, is to assume guardianship over your child when they reach 18 or 21.  The process is required in most cases, because once you reach the age of majority, rights that minors did not have, become open to them, and if you have a disabled child, you will have to act in their best interest.

On 10/10/2020 at 6:22 AM, 3bsg3 said:

She sounds an awful lot like my sister, who has cerebral palsy. My sister also has epilepsy.