LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Entering the mindset

Dune1001

Hello!

I'm fairly new to most things surrounding the AB/DL community or adult kids. Been aware of it for years now but am only recently starting to realise there may well be an element of this in my psychology I never investigated or embraced enough.

Having spent some time considering various areas, I think the adult kid side seems to be far more relevant for me than the adult baby side. Its an area I'm kind of keen to explore, but I'll be honest, I don't really know where to begin or how to 'play' with it solo. I'm not really interested in any in-person stuff at the moment and am single, so its very much personal exploration. I think somewhere between 4 - 9 is where I lie.

So to get to the question which I realise is rather general and perhaps vague, how do you guys get into the mindset or play with it? What sort of things help? I'm quite into the toileting side of things, whether its potty training or accidents later on and for a long time thought this would be the only side of 'adult kid-ing' I'd be into, but in my attempts to open my thoughts I'm considering other ideas.

I know its a very general question but any thoughts would be super appreciated :)

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I use my imagination.  I look at ordinary things and make them extraordinary.  I go to a playground and instead of seeing ordinary playground equipment, I see a rocket or a sailing ship or a space station.  I go for walks through my neighborhood and pretend I'm lost in a jungle searching for buried treasure.

Clothing and toys make a big difference for me too.  I feel best able to slip into my little headspace when I'm dressed like a little kid, be it overalls or my Frozen t-shirt or my footed PJs.  I have a lot of stuffed animals that I talk to, play with and treat like friends.  Again it comes down to the imagination aspect of things.

I would encourage you to explore your little side more and see what feels good to you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree an active imagination helps a lot, especially if you prefer more toddler than baby for your little mode. I frequently hold conversations between my pokemon amiibo and my glassed jellyfish, sometimes sebastion from little mermaid joins in as an intermediary, lie my litleo will be like"I just had the most amazing fish it was seasoned perfectly" and the jellyfish would say "what you muderer how dare you eat fish!" and it would go back and forth.

Another thing you can do is improvise babyish stuff, maybe you dont know if you would like a large baby-bottle or if its too much, but I bet you have a sports bottle somewhere, you can lay on your back and pretend its a bottle as you drink from it, maybe you'll hate it, but also maybe you'll enjoy it and want to try the real thing.

Another thing is It's pretty easy to make custom coloring book pages, there are multiple sites that will for free take any image you have and turn it into a coloring book page. I've got about 30 abdl images I've turned into coloring pages for my personal use, but if space or nature is more your thing you can do that to, even turn pictures taken from your phone into coloring pages.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've actually discovered an interesting potential method of regression by accident recently, one that is quite personal to me. As a child I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time in nature having two parents who loved hiking, and unfortunately as an adult that dropped off due to a multitude of reasons mainly revolving around adult responsibilities and lack of time.

Recently however, I've begun to do this again and I've actually found it to be an incredibly nostalgic sensory experience, with certain sounds and smells of nature almost transporting me back in time to walking as a kid, almost anywhere from being a toddler to my pre-teens. I'd certainly like to explore this more, but obviously it presents some logistical issues if I wanted to have a 'session' of regression or anything with it being, well, somewhat location specific and public!

Anyone else have this with locations and mindset?