LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

General Section Musings

Pe@nut

I hope this post is taken in the manor it is intended as I don’t wish it to be a negative.

I have often read the ‘Meet up’ section more out of interest of where people live and if anybody is close by than any great desire to actually meet.  I have however noticed that most posts die within maybe a couple of posts.

You may have a thread started along the lines of:-

“Baby boy seeking mummy for fun and changes”  or

“Daddy 38 seeking baby girl willing to travel”

I’ve also seen somebody post they would like a meetup and have had a reply from somebody 250 miles away.  To me that seems a little off without first building an online friendship of sorts.

I wonder how much success has come of the multitude of threads started in this section alone.  It seems to me that the vast majority are started with a sexually drive intent and the rest are with the hope of finding a caregiver.

Of the few that have been started with the intent of meeting like-minded people, the responses have instantly been about wearing together and changing each other’s nappies.  It all seems like a recipe for instant gratification than actually creating a lasting friendship.

Even the meet ups in the UK all seem to be aimed towards jumping straight into nappies and letting out our littles.  I just wonder if it would be healthier if there were groups in which in the first instance any nappy or baby talk was banned in order to work out if people get on, in order to create solid friendships.

I know if I was to have a social group I would feel happier knowing I could meet for a drink and talk TV, football or whatever and then maybe one day down feel comfortable enough to  maybe have a more baby related friendship.

Sorry for the longwinded and perhaps slight uneven post just some general thoughts I have been having.  Id love to hear peoples thoughts, if anything it may create a community of posters from the UK on here.

• Like 1

I have evidence of success of one thread on this section - which was a general public meet up in a pub. We had a small group who just met up socially, just the once. Just knowing that if you happen to mention that you might think that wearing a nappy to watching a film is neat and avoids missing bits while taking a piss won't get everyone telling you how weird they think you are is kinda awesome. 

Unfortunately, I suspect this site is too dead to get enough people in the same area at the same time to actually establish a regular social meeting. I have run an ABDL munch via Fetlife which run for about 2 years before numbers collapsed too far. 

In my opinion, there are far too many posts looking for instant gratification (both here and on other sites, including Fetlife) and I doubt most result in anything, especially as having occasionally having replied to ones close to me and never heard anything back - don't know if that's due my profile or due to the poster never checking the account again or being too nervous to reply. 

In normal times I'd have said I'm entirely up for social meets in pubs and such, but in the current world, I think outdoor options would be better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is especially difficult at the moment as you say which is why I was thinking maybe a bit of interaction on here with fellow UK members may be healthy.

I am not entirely sure how I feel about real life meets but I am certain I would struggle with meeting complete stranger's.  I'd be just too concerned I would be sat in a pub and somebody would lean over to proclaim that needed a change!!

I totally agree about the instant gratification part, it seems most posts are done here to scratch an itch, which is why most only have one post by the thread author.

On 9/6/2020 at 3:07 PM, frankenfurter said:

I have evidence of success of one thread on this section - which was a general public meet up in a pub. We had a small group who just met up socially, just the once. Just knowing that if you happen to mention that you might think that wearing a nappy to watching a film is neat and avoids missing bits while taking a piss won't get everyone telling you how weird they think you are is kinda awesome. 

Unfortunately, I suspect this site is too dead to get enough people in the same area at the same time to actually establish a regular social meeting. I have run an ABDL munch via Fetlife which run for about 2 years before numbers collapsed too far. 

In my opinion, there are far too many posts looking for instant gratification (both here and on other sites, including Fetlife) and I doubt most result in anything, especially as having occasionally having replied to ones close to me and never heard anything back - don't know if that's due my profile or due to the poster never checking the account again or being too nervous to reply. 

In normal times I'd have said I'm entirely up for social meets in pubs and such, but in the current world, I think outdoor options would be better. 

I remember that pub meet up it was really good

@Pe@nut I think those who attend social meets in vanilla settings either aren't the type who go around declaring they need a change on here or only feel able to post such things on here due to the level of anonymity that the internet provides.  

Really interesting read so far. So I have met 1 guy who is also DL (not AB) and he visits me fairly regularly as I provide a place where he can wear nappies in safety unlike at home. There is nothing overtly sexual to it though, more like friends enjoying a hobby. It often seems on this page that nobody is near anybody else but we really must be.... Thing is that in my case, those looking for a DL crossdresser are probably so rare as to make rocking horse poo look common. 

The impossible search continues. :)

14 hours ago, DLTGirl said:

Thing is that in my case, those looking for a DL crossdresser are probably so rare as to make rocking horse poo look common. 

That's the tricky thing really isn't it we all have very different interests within the ABDL lifestyle / fetish itself, and that's before you start with real life interests.

As I say I don't know how I would feel about a real life meet-up, I'm more interested in just how it works if at all via this section.

Daily Diapers and more so social media seems to have a solid community of ABDL from the states but us UK followers are spread out a bit.

I wonder if it might be an idea to have a thread in this section where we can communicate with fellow Brit's.

23 hours ago, DLTGirl said:

Really interesting read so far. So I have met 1 guy who is also DL (not AB) and he visits me fairly regularly as I provide a place where he can wear nappies in safety unlike at home. There is nothing overtly sexual to it though, more like friends enjoying a hobby. It often seems on this page that nobody is near anybody else but we really must be.... Thing is that in my case, those looking for a DL crossdresser are probably so rare as to make rocking horse poo look common. 

You're not so very far from me really - in more normal times, I'd be totally up for a social met, pick somewhere between us if you can travel. While I do the AB side, I also have a DL side, but that isn't seen outside the bedroom so often (and normally well hidden under clothes).