LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why do some people dribble and others flood?

For the past couple of days, I've noticed the feeling that I have a little pee in my urethra. It dribbles out and it re-accumulates again. Dribbles then re-accumulates. This will happen every couple of minutes. Several hours later, I will have a full void. Then the pattern restarts. 

Not quite sure what to make of it. 

This made me think about why some people dribble and others flood when they have an accident. 

• Like 1

No idea.  I don't drip and dribble, but these days I don't flood either.  Just a periodic wetting.  My bladder only fills if my urethra is squashed & I don't notice (eg sitting in an upright chair for a long time, or an overnight nappy squashing it in bed).

For some time now, out side of those cases where I have a very strong urge to void immediately typically when doing something physical demanding, I find that when my bladder tells me its time to go, I just dribble and drop for some time until it stops.  I quite trying to pee standing as a result, as this would always result in my pants getting wet as I no longer produce a strong stream.  I also have found incon pads a requirement to avoid wet spots on my pants, especially if I am in a hurry to get up after a whiz, or rather I should say a dribble

I will add that several years back I had a surgical procedure to substantially reduce the size of my prostrate, probably the cause of this?

14 hours ago, scaifester said:

For the past couple of days, I've noticed the feeling that I have a little pee in my urethra. It dribbles out and it re-accumulates again. Dribbles then re-accumulates. This will happen every couple of minutes. Several hours later, I will have a full void. Then the pattern restarts. 

Not quite sure what to make of it. 

This made me think about why some people dribble and others flood when they have an accident. 

what youre having now  is    MILD   urinal IC    whereas  if  you dont get this checked  up ASAP  . You might go  worce  (incl floods  = Total /Severe  )  IC . The dribble   is  a red flag that its  time to go and see  the docs  and  check so nothing  is  wrong. 

I started  my Urine IC with MILD ( ie  dribble ) and then it regressed to  leaking  all the time   and then were i am now     

8 hours ago, Stroller said:

No idea.  I don't drip and dribble, but these days I don't flood either.  Just a periodic wetting.  My bladder only fills if my urethra is squashed & I don't notice (eg sitting in an upright chair for a long time, or an overnight nappy squashing it in bed).

@Stroller how you been?  Have not commented on any of your stuff in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Being that I have been wearing 24/7 for 9 or so years now I constantly dribble while standing up. If I try to really notice it I can but generally going about my day i notice my diaper swelling up more than actually feeling pee trickle down and into my padding. Usually, the only time I feel a gush or solid flow of pee is after sitting down for extended periods of time and or bending / crouching down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 6:54 PM, gmcchamp99 said:

Being that I have been wearing 24/7 for 9 or so years now I constantly dribble while standing up. If I try to really notice it I can but generally going about my day i notice my diaper swelling up more than actually feeling pee trickle down and into my padding. Usually, the only time I feel a gush or solid flow of pee is after sitting down for extended periods of time and or bending / crouching down. 

I pee heavily if I stand after sitting for a while

• 3 weeks later...

I mostly dribble throughout the day and night. I do release a little more when I first get out of bed in the morning and sometimes when I have been sitting for an extended time. My bladder has shrunk over the years since the accident and it doesn't hold much urine. I have no control over when I release. 

• 2 months later...

One reason is the severity of incontinence. If you have absolutely no control, you'll dribble constantly and never build up enough in the bladder for a flood. (Unless your flow is blocked, which can happen in certain positions such as sitting down.) If you can hold it even a little, you'll have floods instead.

You can also have dribbling from not being able to stop completely, or not being able to fully empty in one go. For example if you have an enlarged prostate, it can make it so when you try to pee, it only comes out in dribbles. Or you can pee and then dribble if you can't stop completely.

i dribble all of the time. I sometimes get an urge but thiis is after lying on my front and my penis being sqashed. i will let a flow out but its not enough to fill an egg cup but after beinig incon for a good few years i think that is because my bladder must now be the size of a walnut.