LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you think it's possible for me?

For a while now I've really liked the idea of becoming a bedwetter again and having to wear diapers to bed. It's a feeling of warmth and comfort that I really wish to reclaim. But I've had some issues with training myself to just let go at night.

I've listened to hypnosis files, I would drink a bottle of water before bed, but I wake up every morning with a full bladder and a dry diaper.

It seems to me  that normally people will wake up in the middle of the night if they need to pee, then they go, and fall back asleep- and eventually they just let go in their sleep. But I just... don't.

Is it possible for me to start bedwetting again?

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, jacob_ABDL said:

Anything is possible.  Though you should relax more and practice it does take time to become a bedwetter.

It is easier to lose control during the day then it would be to at night.

6 hours ago, jacob_ABDL said:

For a while now I've really liked the idea of becoming a bedwetter again and having to wear diapers to bed. It's a feeling of warmth and comfort that I really wish to reclaim. But I've had some issues with training myself to just let go at night.

I've listened to hypnosis files, I would drink a bottle of water before bed, but I wake up every morning with a full bladder and a dry diaper.

It seems to me  that normally people will wake up in the middle of the night if they need to pee, then they go, and fall back asleep- and eventually they just let go in their sleep. But I just... don't.

I can assure you that it can be done. I very rarely have a dry night now. However I think it will be very hard to become a nighttime bedwetter whilst retaining control during the day. Almost everyone on here similar to myself who has worked to achieve IC has lost control in the day before at night. In fact I had reached the stage where I was sometimes even unaware that I'd peed myself during the day before I'd had a single wet night.

The main reasons one gets to wet at night is by gradually shrinking the bladder so it simply cannot hold as much urine as it used to. This is only really achieved by never letting it reach the capacity it originally had. i.e. whenever you feel the urge to pee simply relax and before long that urge will become more frequent as the bladder shrinks. The other physical factor is losing power of the sphincter. which basically doesn't any longer have the  power to stop the bladder realising its contents.

FYI It took me over 12 months to be bladder IC, c18 months to become a regular bedwetter and almost two years to lose bowel control as well as becoming a bedwetter almost every night.

This isn't for everyone, but so far I have no regrets. If you do want to become a bedwetter then I think you will probably have to become diapered 24/7, but everyone is different.

The best of luck with whatever course you chose to take.

• Like 3

In my experience if one fully commits to becoming a bed-wetter it will happen.  In your position I’d experiment with drinking more and perhaps different fluids before bed so you absolutely have to urinate during the night.  Then purposely wet night after night for however long it takes to sleep through the event.

The key is relearning to wet in every possible sleeping position. That takes practice--lots of it.  That's why most people have to "lose control during the day first." In fact you might very well need to when all is said and done, who knows.

At minimum for quicker results, try committing to almost always peeing laying down, in bed, in various positions, come what may.  Your bed becomes your new urinal. At first it's hard enough to consciously do it on a full bladder, but eventually it will become much easier. Then eventually it will become boring.  That's when interesting things might happen.

23 hours ago, jacob_ABDL said:

I wet the bed (well, my nappy really) first about a year ago.  This was after roughly 6 or 7 months of 24/7 nappy usage.  Now I am a semi-regular bedwetter.

Despite having been in nappies for approaching 18 months unbroken, I still think I have *some* continence during the day (there are some limits for sure).  I'm inclined to agree with @DaveeBEd that it’s possible that the bladder capacity shrinkage that has come with long term wearing helped enable bed wetting but I'm not IC during the day although there are limits around my day continence (range/urgency).

For my part, the slide into bedwetting happened somewhat inadvertently but clearly I was not bothered by it as a “normal” person might be.

What did NOT happen was that I’d chug a gallon of water and go to bed dry hoping to wake wet.  I suspect that trick rarely if ever works.

What DID happen was that I was using my nappy very frequently, in very small quantities.  I typically wet a little bit every several minutes or so without much thought now. I continued this, although with reduced frequency, overnight.   Every time I stirred during the night, I would make a point of emptying whatever happened to be in my bladder into my nappy before falling back asleep.

Over time, the frequency of these nocturnal mini-wets got more and the amount of wakefulness associated with them got less.  I had a few “pee dreams” and quite a few times, I would wake up to wet and either fall back asleep before it happened or fall back asleep during the episode and be confused later as to how my bladder got empty by itself. 

Then I started realising that in the morning, my nappy was sometimes far wetter than I could remember making it. 

At first, a precursor for this was being a bit wet anyway when I got into bed the night before (obviously being soaked is a bad idea).  I think this was important, it’s like your sub-conscious says “well, you’re wet anyway…”.   For me, going to bed dry inclined my subconscious to keep me dry.

Then, one fateful night, a bit drunk and a bit late, I went to bed dry regardless and woke up soaked the next morning anyway with zero recollection of doing it.  It didn’t happen again for weeks, then it happened again. 

Nowadays I’m wetter than I think I should be around 3 or 4 mornings every week. 

It remains debatable as to whether I am truly a bedwetter or simply somebody who is habituated to no longer wake up enough to remember deciding to use his nappy.  The bottom line is the same.

I could not tell you the last time I was disturbed by my bladder either overnight or when I wake in the morning:  it is empty and my nappy is wet.

You will need to manage for leaks.

39 minutes ago, oznl said:

Then, one fateful night, a bit drunk and a bit late, I went to bed dry regardless and woke up soaked the next morning anyway with zero recollection of doing it.  It didn’t happen again for weeks, then it happened again. 

What that heppend what was your reaction?  YOu know from talking before that is my dream and one day my dream will come true.

31 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

What that heppend what was your reaction?  YOu know from talking before that is my dream and one day my dream will come true.

I was just a bit confused really.  I think I talked about it in my "strange days" blog (August 2019 update).  I was puzzled why my nappy was heavy and sagging when I got out of bed because I thought I was dry.  Because it was a disposable, laying in bed it was hard to tell it was even wet (with cloth I would have felt it).  I was soaked.

After the confusion, I was strangely unconcerned by it.  That surprised me.  It was the first time I'd wet the bed in more than 50 years.  I thought I might have freaked out and resolved to stop wearing them but I didn't.  It made me realise just how deep this thing was ingrained.

My only other thought is that if you specifically enjoy the sensation of wetting a diaper, sleeping through the experience is NOT the best way to savor that moment ?

13 minutes ago, oznl said:

My only other thought is that if you specifically enjoy the sensation of wetting a diaper, sleeping through the experience is NOT the best way to savor that moment ?

I think it is more like waking up in a wet diaper that will excite me.  Not the process of peeing in the diaper.

Though if I were to wake up in a wet diaper and a soaked couch then I will be pissed.

I would also like to wake up in the morning with a messy diaper.  Woke up one night during the night in a messy whitey tighty though and that sucked.

3 hours ago, stevewet said:

I think the top and bottom of it is commitment. You really have to want this. For me becoming a bedwetter again was the right thing.

If that gives you content then that's great. I wasn't sure about becoming dual IC but so far have no regrets but it certainly is a commitment.

Try to start drinking more not just right before bedtime, but at least a couple of hours before it. You should drink something sweet but not caffeinated through the evening and then just water right before bedtime.

If you manage an intake of 1,5 liters or more, you will not manage to reach the morning without peeing (willingly or unwillingly).

When the urge to go wakes you up, just lay as still as possible and don’t force things. Just try to relax until things happen naturally.

It sounds like it's not everyone's experience, but I trained myself to wet at night without any issues during the day.  This was about 20 years ago, but I did it through a combination of alarms (wake up and wet), hypnosis (don't know if it actually helped), water before bedtime, and time.

I don't know why some people have accompanying daytime issues and I don't, but I'm quite happy with this outcome...