LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Strange Malfunction

Hi everyone. This is a commission of a story I had done by the Baby Bunch on Deviant Art. It is based on the manga books and tv series Chobits.

A Strange Malfunction

“Hideki. Something is…wrong.”

The concerned sound in Chi’s voice brought Hideki to his senses rapidly, the boy quickly sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes to better see the girl in front of him. “What’s going on, Chi?” A dark spot appeared in the center of Hideki’s vision. Again he rubbed at his eyes, but the dark spot failed to disappear. His brain connected the darkened color to the fabric of Chi’s skirt just in time for her to pipe up again.

“My… my nightgown is wet.”

Completely taken aback by this turn of events, Hideki lept to his feet, crashing down onto the ground as his feet tangled with the bedspread.

A few minutes later, Chi stood in a fresh set of clothes, waiting patiently for Hideki to finish his research. The boy’s furious online searches proved fruitless, however, as he stood up from the computer in frustration. “There’s gotta be someone who can figure this out. Minoru’s out of town, though…” A knock on the door yanked him free from his thoughts. “Coming!”

As if in answer to his question, the door opened on a concerned-looking Chitose waiting right outside. “Hideki, is something the matter? It sounded like something heavy fell.”

It took an uncomfortably long silence for Hideki to gather the words, but he eventually explained the situation as matter-of-factly as he could. “Chi…wet the bed last night.”

“Really? I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of that kind of issue.” The kindly woman took a moment to think before offering a suggestion. “Maybe you should try getting her some protective undergarments until you can fix her. If the leak is from that place, it should keep everything clean for the time being.”

Despite the immediate blush on his cheeks, Hideki couldn’t find the will or logic to protest. “I guess, but I don’t have any idea how to shop for that. Is there any chance you could…?” He let the last question trail off, not wanting to ask yet another favor from his landlady. “No, nevermind. Sorry for-.”

With a comforting hand on his shoulder, Chitose interrupted his excuses. “Of course I can. I don’t mind taking her on a shopping trip. You go ahead and get to work; I’ll make sure she’s taken care of.”

Speechless with gratitude, Hideki nodded, walking back towards his room to finish preparing. After a very short time, he returned, rushing out the door towards work, waving goodbye as he ran and leaving the other two alone together.

Awkward silence pervaded the room as Chi and Chitose looked at each other, suddenly left alone to their own devices. Chitose was the first to break the stillness, taking Chi’s hand and leading her towards the door. “We’re going to go get you something to help with those leaks. It’s called a diaper. It will go on you just like panties and absorb any leaks you have until we can change you into a fresh one. Alright, Chi?” A simple nod answered the largely rhetorical question, the two heading out the door and into town.

A small shop on the corner served as the area’s main medical supply store. Chitose led the way, pulling the persocom inside of the concrete walls and into the hospital-like interior of the shop. Despite its small size, large varieties of medical products populated its shelves, leaving Chitose rather confused. As Chitose looked through the many options in the large incontinence section, Chi stayed close to her side, curious but unwilling to risk getting lost in such a different environment than she was used to. The establishment’s sole employee caught Chitose’s eye, stopping to address the lost-looking woman. “Can I help you find something?”

Taken aback at the sudden noise in the previously silent location, Chitose faltered for a second in finding her reply. “Oh! Yes, please. I’m not familiar with the brands,” she gestured towards the incontinence section, “and I don’t have any clue what I should buy.”

“Of course! I’d be happy to help. Are you buying for yourself, then?” Chitose blushed at the other woman’s implication, quickly moving to dismiss the notion.

“Oh, no. These are for her.” With that, Chitose gestured to the persocom to her right, Chi currently absorbed in examining all of the various products the store had to offer.

“Oh.” The saleswoman gave Chi a glance, her eyes coming to rest on the girl’s obviously mechanical ears. “Oh. Pardon me; I misunderstood. You’re in the wrong section. Follow me, please.”

Following behind the employee, the group passed through a heavy curtain in the back of the store. As the curtain fell behind them, a blast of color greeted their eyes, the bright wallpaper and pastel-tinted clothing a sharp contrast to the sterile monotony of the previous room. “Here we are. Every product here should be suitable for the kind of things you’re looking for. Is this your first time buying anything here?”

While Chitose attempted to answer the question, Chi had already detached herself from the woman’s side, marveling at a bright pink package near the corner of baby toys and childish clothing. “Yes.”

“Well then, let me make some suggestions…”

A few hours later, Hideki opened the door, launching into his standard greeting only to be interrupted by about the last sight he had expected to see. Chi lay in the center of the room wearing a frilly onesie and in the process of being taped by Chitose into a fresh, pastel pink diaper covered in princesses. As the door shut behind him, Chi lept up, her usual enthusiasm seemingly enhanced by the new clothing. “Hideki! Welcome home!” Hideki’s movements grew stiff as he tried to return the hug, his nervous trembling immediately evident. Chi didn’t immediately notice, running back to where she had been seated and picking up the package of diapers, proudly displaying it to Hideki. “See? Chi got pretty princess diapers!” After multiple seconds without a response, Chi grew concerned, staring at her friend uncertainly. “Hideki? Are you okay? You’re bleeding!”

As Hideki reached up to wipe the trickle of blood from his nostril, he did his best to smile through it, trying not to worry Chi. “I’m fine, Chi.”

The following Sunday, Hideki sat in Chitose’s apartment, waiting patiently for a cup of tea. The pleasant aroma led his landlady’s return, Chitose taking a seat opposite him as they both began to sip their warm drinks. Chitose broke the silence, leading with the question Hideki had been anticipating. “So, did you ever figure out what was wrong with Chi?”

“Yeah; somehow, water was getting inside of her, and her body was expelling it the only way it knew how. Condensation or something, maybe.” Hideki shrugged, his lack of technical expertise plainly obvious.

A quick glance in Chi’s direction revealed the girl still thickly diapered, prompting a follow-up question. “So… you didn’t get it fixed?”

“Nah. The only quotes I could find were way too expensive and everyone seemed to give me different answers. Besides,” he continued, gesturing towards the girl happily playing with a rattle in the corner, “she seems to like it better this way.”

The slight redness in Hideki’s cheeks betrayed his own opinions, leaving a perfect opportunity for a now smiling Chitose to comment. “You don’t seem to mind it either.” Hideki only chuckled in response, rubbing his head and grinning nervously. “Whatever the case may be, you two seem fairly happy with it. Just…make sure to take care of her.”

“Of course; I wouldn’t dream of doing anything she wouldn’t like. Isn’t that right, Chi?”

From the corner, a small, happy voice piped up in assent. “Chi!”

• 2 months later...