LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

IC people: Have you ever thought you were more continent than you were?

IC people: Did you think you were more continent than you were?

Background: I'm a completely IC 24/7 wearer who can't leave diapers, but even before I went into diapers full-time as an adult I had spent a lot of time in them. For clarity, when I went into diapers voluntarily I was 18ish (went into them part-time before 18, full-time after). Before that I'd spent about 9 years in what we would conventionally consider diapers. If you count pullups and other forms of less than maximum protection, 11 to 12.

I was pretty much constantly dry at night between 8yo and 11yo, but after about 14yo I woke up wet an average of once a month. I would usually have daytime wetting accidents once or twice a year. I also messed my pants maybe 2 or 3 times between 14yo and 18yo. The year I was 16/17yo it was bad enough that I went to my high school graduation in pull-ups.

In mid-2012 I decided to go into diapers part time. I definitely had an AB motivation for wanting to do it because I am AB. However, I also had a material motivation/pretext for wanting to do it: I was worried that I'd wet myself in an exam because of not getting time to go to the toilet beforehand.

If you'd asked me though, and if I had answered with my honest opinion, I would have said that my continence was pretty much 100%. I literally thought that semi-regular bedwetting and intermittent day wetting and occasional messing were 100% continence. I only really learned that that almost never happened to actual fully continent people after I was in diapers full-time, and my mind was kind of blown.

Did this happen to anyone else?

To be honest I don't think I have been 100% continent my whole life. I wet the bed more or less every night until my late teens and then more often than not until my early 20's. Growing up I wet my self regularly during the day until I was almost 11 years old. Wet patches in my shorts we normal for me. Damp patches and stained underwear was pretty normal and even throughout my adult life I had episodes of bedwetting.

Oh yes! I’ve always been a bed wetter but as my daytime control began to decline, I was in huge denial for the most part. Like Kaliborio, I had no idea of what was normal for fully continent people. Looking back, these are the kind of things I was doing whilst considering myself fully daytime dry

Starting my pee before reaching the bathroom. I thought it was totally normal to not reach the bathroom in time and change underwear 2/3 times daily.

Wearing pull ups on longer journeys, going to a movie or anywhere with limited bathroom access. I’d even discuss with my girlfriend if I’d need regular underwear or pull ups that day.

I even put my wettings down to drinking too much water too quickly!

Even after I knew deep down I was fully incontinent I still wore pull ups rather than diapers during the day because I was still of the mind set that I just needed a little extra protection and wanted to be able to pull my underwear up and down. Then I came to terms with the fact that I wasn’t ever using the bathroom. I’m in full time diapers now and it’s such a stress relief to not worry about staying dry anymore

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Greg03 said:

Oh yes! I’ve always been a bed wetter but as my daytime control began to decline, I was in huge denial for the most part. Like Kaliborio, I had no idea of what was normal for fully continent people. Looking back, these are the kind of things I was doing whilst considering myself fully daytime dry

Starting my pee before reaching the bathroom. I thought it was totally normal to not reach the bathroom in time and change underwear 2/3 times daily.

Wearing pull ups on longer journeys, going to a movie or anywhere with limited bathroom access. I’d even discuss with my girlfriend if I’d need regular underwear or pull ups that day.

I even put my wettings down to drinking too much water too quickly!

Even after I knew deep down I was fully incontinent I still wore pull ups rather than diapers during the day because I was still of the mind set that I just needed a little extra protection and wanted to be able to pull my underwear up and down. Then I came to terms with the fact that I wasn’t ever using the bathroom. I’m in full time diapers now and it’s such a stress relief to not worry about staying dry anymore

I couldn't agree more wearing nappies and no longer worrying about trying to stay dry is so muh better than trying to fight the inevitable

• Like 1

I have the bed wetting issue a few times a year and wet patches and dribbling all the time. it all can vary in amount and frequency. I have went to wearing diapers or using pads for protection but recently use diapers more. some times a diaper will last all day but still be damp.