LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Flying diaperd

Hi ive got a couple questions im going to be flying for the first time out of las vegas on Friday i was wondering if anyone has any experience going through TSA while diaperd do they're sensors go off over a wet diaper will the metal buttons at the bottom of a ctdc onesie set off there scanner do will i have to untuck my under shirt because i dont want any extra problems with tsa are they professional 

Any help would be appreciated thank you 

I forgot to add ill also have a firearm in my checked bagage as per TSA rules please do not turn this into a political discussion I dont wont arguments coming up in my first post i try my best to remain neutral but if anyone has experience with flying with firearms words of wisdom are welcome 

Ps i do not care what a tsa agent sees or thinks of me but i dont want to be rude or force everyone in tsa line to see me in a diaper also or onesie

thank you very much 

Edited by Ohpoorbaby

Before the pandemic I flew all the time, both domestic and international.  United 1K.  I am almost always diapered when I fly.

Assuming you don't have pre-check, the body scanners may well pick up a wet diaper, flagging you for a pat-down.  They will not react to a dry diaper.  I would strongly suggest changing before you go through the security checks.

The snaps on onesies won't cause any problems.  There is less metal there than a normal zipper, or the rivets on jeans.  Don't worry about that.

TSA is fine on this; they're professional.  Well, they don't really care.  Which is different, but same end result... they won't say anything about your diaper.

I've flown in a diaper many times. In my experience, they pay it no attention - there are a lot of passengers who come on and off planes wearing diapers - children, the handicapped, the elderly - any TSA agent past his first week on the job has seen diapers, or evidence of diapers. The snaps on your onesie will not set off the metal detector, anymore than the button on your jeans will. If you have to go through a body scanner, your diaper will show up, and it will get a back-of-the-hand pat-down, and if the officer still has questions, you'll be offered the opportunity to take the inspection off to the side - they handle everything with discretion. But if you say to the person "I'm wearing a diaper", and you don't have a look in your eyes that suggests you've got contraband inside it, they'll probably say something like "I'm going to run the back of my hand inside your waistband, is that okay?", and you nod, and they do that, and then you're on your way. I used to put a diaper in my laptop bag and just put it on once I cleared security, but the last few times I flew, I just wore the diaper, and it was never a big deal. They could search your bag and find the diaper anyway - in either case, they are not remotely concerned with your underwear preferences. 

One downside to a onesie is the possibility that if they want to trace the inside of your waistband, you will now need to drop your trousers and unsnap the onesie in some private area, and that will leave you with your pants around your knees, your Dotty the Pony diaper on full display, while two TSA officers nod soberly, and it will add 20 minutes to the process. Maybe put the onesie into your carry-on baggage and put it on in the washroom once you're past security. I also tend to wear a white diaper, just in case. Although last time I was in a Magnifico, pink dinosaurs and all, but there were no issues.

I would suggest that you not go to the airport in something gratuitously wet, because it will show up either on the scanner, or in a visual inspection, as being really bulky, which would make it more likely that they'd want to have a closer look, and who wants to subject that poor TSA agent to having to verify that you have nothing of interest in your sodden diaper. It won't be fun for your or for them. Plus changing your diaper in an airplane washroom sucks. You can never expect to be able to fit a big diaper into the trash receptacle, so it will become part of your hand luggage. 

You might want to spend some time searching these forums.  There are lots of threads over the past few years dealing with people flying, TSA and diapers and their experiences.  Lots of good stuff already out there about it on this site.

I can't say there's been much time I've flown in the past dozen years I have not been diapered.   I never got any attention from the TSA.   I always make sure i'm clean and dry before security though.   I've even been through the random-selection for groping.

I havent FLOWN diapered as of yet, but think that may happen if I make a trip to Orlando once it is safe to do so and we are able to take a vacation ;)

I have taken a Greyhound from Montpelier VT to Concord, NH, and was diapered the whole way though ;)

Brian

When I DID fly, I was concerned about my LI-ION batteries that are aboard my Ki Mobility Catalyst 5 wheelchair. They are locked in the hubs of my Emotion M-15 Power Assist Wheels -  There was a ton of literature telling me to remove them from the chair, box them up, and have them separated, but the TSA Agents told me that as long as my batteries are locked in, secured in my hubs, that I can roll the chair down the jetway to my seat, do a side to side transfer, and then they let me take off my carry on that is on my chair, and checked my laptop.  Once I was seated, the "purple professor" went to the 767's Cargo Hold.

As a guy in a wheelchair, they used a couple wipes and took samples of what was on my armrests, footrests, tires, brake locks, foot rest release levers and that was about it.  The whole time, they were professional, and they turned me around so I could see EVERYTHING they took from me, and I could see my family as I went through the process - I was in and out in 3-4 minutes, and my brother Mike went with me to assist me with any requests of the TSA Agents.

I would assume that flying diapered, as has been addressed, would not matter, as they have seen lots of people wearing, from children, to disabled, to adult passengers with diapers.  You better make sure that you are NOT holding contraband, or you'll be in trouble ;(

I flew Southwest from Manchester, NH to Orlando FL, BTW :)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
added additional information
15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I've flown in a diaper many times. In my experience, they pay it no attention - there are a lot of passengers who come on and off planes wearing diapers - children, the handicapped, the elderly - any TSA agent past his first week on the job has seen diapers, or evidence of diapers. The snaps on your onesie will not set off the metal detector, anymore than the button on your jeans will. If you have to go through a body scanner, your diaper will show up, and it will get a back-of-the-hand pat-down, and if the officer still has questions, you'll be offered the opportunity to take the inspection off to the side - they handle everything with discretion. But if you say to the person "I'm wearing a diaper", and you don't have a look in your eyes that suggests you've got contraband inside it, they'll probably say something like "I'm going to run the back of my hand inside your waistband, is that okay?", and you nod, and they do that, and then you're on your way. I used to put a diaper in my laptop bag and just put it on once I cleared security, but the last few times I flew, I just wore the diaper, and it was never a big deal. They could search your bag and find the diaper anyway - in either case, they are not remotely concerned with your underwear preferences. 

One downside to a onesie is the possibility that if they want to trace the inside of your waistband, you will now need to drop your trousers and unsnap the onesie in some private area, and that will leave you with your pants around your knees, your Dotty the Pony diaper on full display, while two TSA officers nod soberly, and it will add 20 minutes to the process. Maybe put the onesie into your carry-on baggage and put it on in the washroom once you're past security. I also tend to wear a white diaper, just in case. Although last time I was in a Magnifico, pink dinosaurs and all, but there were no issues.

I would suggest that you not go to the airport in something gratuitously wet, because it will show up either on the scanner, or in a visual inspection, as being really bulky, which would make it more likely that they'd want to have a closer look, and who wants to subject that poor TSA agent to having to verify that you have nothing of interest in your sodden diaper. It won't be fun for your or for them. Plus changing your diaper in an airplane washroom sucks. You can never expect to be able to fit a big diaper into the trash receptacle, so it will become part of your hand luggage. 

I only wear all white diapers usally rearz inspire+ but being as i have no bladder control at all a dry diaper is unlikely 

I can't say I've ever had an issue, though I've never flown through the USA before :)

Same for the hand luggage, I just kept spares in with my medication and it was fine. I cannot say aeroplane bathrooms are particularly comfortable though ?

couple years ago i flew into vegas. I was not diapered, but i did check a firearm. All you have to do is walk up to the counter for your airline and just say in a non threatening voice " i would like to check a firearm". they will take a look and make sure your box is locked and that ammo is not loaded. Once that is done they send it down the belt and it somehow makes it to where your final destination is.

Flying back was another story. Maybe another time if interested in that part? 

19 hours ago, raekun said:

couple years ago i flew into vegas. I was not diapered, but i did check a firearm. All you have to do is walk up to the counter for your airline and just say in a non threatening voice " i would like to check a firearm". they will take a look and make sure your box is locked and that ammo is not loaded. Once that is done they send it down the belt and it somehow makes it to where your final destination is.

Flying back was another story. Maybe another time if interested in that part? 

Lets hear it 

On 8/28/2020 at 1:06 AM, Ohpoorbaby said:

Lets hear it 

well after having a great time in vegas, it was time to come home. I always take my 2 stuffed pals with me and that was funny. Went through Columbus and they was looking for drugs in them ... LOL. I was ready in Vegas with them though. As i went through i was like i have some stuffed anmials. They start pulling them out and are like yeah you was not kidding with these. TSA guy was very cool. Anyway fast forward to home airport baggage claim at 1AM. after everybody grabs there luggage i am still waiting on mine. Guess which bag is missing? Well i went over to help desk and they was like can you describe it. I said yeah and i already know why its not here. They was like oh yeah. Vegas called and said it got flagged and will show up tomorrow. They actually had somebody drop it off at my house next morning. Bottom line to all of this is as long as you are respectful things should be ok in end ?

On 8/25/2020 at 8:34 AM, justforfun said:

Before the pandemic I flew all the time, both domestic and international.  United 1K.  I am almost always diapered when I fly.

Stuck on United, eh? Sorry. I am a Premier Silver on United (a few thousand miles short of million miler status -hooray) but an Executive Platinum on American, so like justforfun, I fly a lot and echo what was said. In the US, be sure to be in a dry diaper, and you'll have less of an issue. Knock on wood, I've never had my bags searched in the US (can't say the same for the UK or flying out of Asia). I have had to go into private rooms before with my diapers, even with Pre-Check. It is an interesting, thrilling experience, that differed in each airport it happened to me (Denver, San Juan, Albuquerque). 

I had a carryon bag with diapers in it searched by hand a couple of times.   It was never particularly an issue.   I got a sly wink from a pretty screener.   I suspect of all the things they find in bags, diapers (even AB ones) are pretty tame.    Lots of people fly with dildos or other sexual aids.

I've flown padded several times, and have been patted down once, after a very sweaty diaper triggered their sensors. As scary as it seems, it's not too bad an experience. They were very professional, and didn't seem weirded out by my poof pants. I carry a spare in my carry-on bag, and it makes it through the luggage scanner with no issues. 

I typically pack diapers in my carry on, and go through security with a Pull Up.   I head to bathroom and put the diaper on  and Pull Up over it.   I've never had an issue in the USA.   

I've changed planes in Europe, and in my experience- the monitors are more sensitive to liquid in Europe.   In Paris I was patted down by a older lady, and she waved me through.    In Doha I was patted down by a younger guy who looked like it was the first day on the job.  I explained it was a diaper and he had me go to a private room for a screening and I had to drop my pants.  It was weird.   The more senior agent didn't seem to think it was a big deal, and maybe I was used on a learning opportunity.     In hindsight, I probably should have changed to dry diaper before going through security.

Morale of the story is: don't worry about bringing diapers through security, but it's best to have a dry diaper on when you go through.