LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medications to loose bladder control (genuine medically incontinent question)

I am just wondering with my bladder inconsistency between periods of incontinence, retention and normal to the point Urologist at Prince of Wales hospital has refused treatment as my bladder is all over the place according to them last year they recommended self-catherization which would be extremely difficult as well as maybe dangerous as I have been told by my GP I have Essential Tremor in my hands as I have bad shakes pending on stress levels etc.

I was wondering what other treatments I don’t wish for a leg bag containment system as too bulky and can be easily knocked as well as I am a huge fall risk etc. I need some physical and psychological relief of my bladder (as been living with this issue since 2009) issues as P.O.W.H refused to do anything for the year I was with them I had tried medications (dry mouth and didn’t seem to work), timed voiding (bladder doesn’t always want to void when needed and have discomfort like its full). I have had to accept briefs and see them as the lesser two evils (as I already have to wear incontinence briefs 24/7 due to my bladder so inconsistant) if I could somehow have the bladder release into them to stop the retention and some consistency I wish to have full continence but since my issue is nerve related L3L4L5S1.

Also it is affecting my Mental health as I cant accept the incontinence due to the inconsistency as well as my autism makes it hard to accept as it isnt always.

Sent an email to a continence nurse I know and speaking to GP tomorrow due to unrelated issues I hope I haven't affended anyone as well as this issue is not a fetish for me I joined this website years ago for information

Thank you

If your urologist feels you need to self catheter due to retention and a catheter and leg bag is not an option there is a surgical procedure that can be done to cut a small portion of your internal and external sphincter to allow a constant flow of pee. Its a permanent option as you will never be able to retain  and will constantly be dribbling.  One user here went through the procedure a few times for it to finally work. 

I think this option is a last resort when catheters are not an option, I can not remember the members name at the moment but he has stated it did work. after several attempts (small cuts each time)  . 

Talk to your urologist about options they may even be able to put a stent in to allow constant dribbling with the need for surgery (I think its called a spanner stent ) and it’s designed to be inserted for a longer period but still needs to be swapped out.

• 1 month later...

I went through this sphincterectomy once and may need it redone for a small section, but yes am in the same situation, except in my case the sphincter was the real problem and not the bladder, so for me intermittent catheters was no solution. They suggested a continence urostomy but I refused this once I heard reviews from patients in that hospital that gave me the pros and cons.

For me the 12 o'clock sphincterectomy was a very good decision. While I leak I can still feel the sphincter contract heavily but it no longer causes retention :)

You should lay it all out with your GP. He should then be able to make the rounds and see what and who is out there. Then a program sould be defined and implemented that will work for you. First listing all the viable options fro each step, then seeing what can and cannot be integrated into the final program, then go. When I had the Cardiac Cath, the cardiologist laid out all the options and how efficacious each would be, all two of them, and he would not be able to perform the bypass. but the stents would need monitoring and care.; i.e. futzing around with it. Being of the "buy once" mentality, of a nature that I will go max attack to settle a thing once and for all (when I got lymphoma, I went with the most aggressive, system-wide  treatment that was useful -- while sweating bullets but determined to have done with it) and I was no longer scared of surgery I took the most  agressive one and said Go 4 it!"