LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABDL diaper market is getting fairly big

Looks like the abdl market is starting to get noticed by the big adult and baby diaper players based on the recent market reports.

https://galusaustralis.com/2020/07/781453/global-adult-diapers-market-would-grow-significant-cagr-by-2026-covid19-impact-analysis-key-players-abena-uk-ltd-principle-business-enterprises-choiceshops-ltd-vivactive-tykables-rearz-inc/

https://bulletinline.com/2020/08/15/global-adult-diapers-market-2020-expected-to-rise-at-higher-cagr-value-trends-driving-factors-emerging-technologies-opportunity-and-forecast-to-2026/

Oddly enough the two being reported so far is Rearz and Tykeables. Its just incredible how far abdls have moved the adult diaper market and pushed and succeeded in improving the quality of adult diapers. Perhaps now PG and KK is starting to notice the market they have ignored for years. I can bet the abdl market has been growing at a steady 15-20% a year.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Looks like the abdl market is starting to get noticed by the big adult and baby diaper players based on the recent market reports.

https://galusaustralis.com/2020/07/781453/global-adult-diapers-market-would-grow-significant-cagr-by-2026-covid19-impact-analysis-key-players-abena-uk-ltd-principle-business-enterprises-choiceshops-ltd-vivactive-tykables-rearz-inc/

https://bulletinline.com/2020/08/15/global-adult-diapers-market-2020-expected-to-rise-at-higher-cagr-value-trends-driving-factors-emerging-technologies-opportunity-and-forecast-to-2026/

Oddly enough the two being reported so far is Rearz and Tykeables. Its just incredible how far abdls have moved the adult diaper market and pushed and succeeded in improving the quality of adult diapers. Perhaps now PG and KK is starting to notice the market they market they have ignored for years. I can bet the abdl market has been growing at a steady 15-20% a year.

I read that tykables when they moved to their current location the people in the city gave them a hard time.  As they have a store front as well.

18 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I read that tykables when they moved to their current location the people in the city gave them a hard time.  As they have a store front as well.

They are still currently the first abdl company in the US to have a store front

it really is getting a lot bigger and it's giving me hope in the future that people will accept this as just another way  people like to live maybe not in my lifetime but if  we can help keep the ball rolling maybe it will be commonplace enough to be accepted.

Also a big thank you to all the people who helped get the ball rolling  before us we wouldn't be here without you?

Have to wonder how much of the product is being bought by people that are just incontinent. Personally I started my incontinance journey some 25 years ago after an accident and started with attends and depends overnight. Attends was sold off to paperpac and depends started to go on their obsessive “Discreet” tangent and capacities and quality seemed to go down the drain. I started buying Abdl diapers mostly out of necessity.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, dmavn said:

Have to wonder how much of the product is being bought by people that are just incontinent. Personally I started my incontinance journey some 25 years ago after an accident and started with attends and depends overnight. Attends was sold off to paperpac and depends started to go on their obsessive “Discreet” tangent and capacities and quality seemed to go down the drain. I started buying Abdl diapers mostly out of necessity.

Quite! I moved from Tena and other "medical" makes to ABU and more recently Tykables as they just work.  No drama, easily adjustable, just the best nappy to wear at night bar none. If the medical companies take note that can only be a good thing. 

• 4 months later...

"If the medical companies take note that can only be a good thing."

Don't hold your breath.

Selling cheap diapers where you change 10 to 15 every 24 hours makes them money.

when you look at the cost for them over ones like Magamax or xp5000 you will find the premium diapers cost less per ounce of capacity.

•  

As one who has worked in a nursing home and have seen first hand the "diaper" that is used, and how often the patient is changed, there is little chance of quality adult diapers being used.

For example,  if you where to put a MegaMax diaper on a patient, that diaper would only be changed after it was soiled and that would only be prior to the noon or evening meal, and only if the patient ate their meal in the common dining room.

If your looking for better care, commit a felony and go to prison, you will get 3 square meals a day,a daily shower, and better medical care.

• Like 1
On 1/22/2021 at 5:15 AM, anned said:

"If the medical companies take note that can only be a good thing."

Don't hold your breath.

Selling cheap diapers where you change 10 to 15 every 24 hours makes them money.

when you look at the cost for them over ones like Magamax or xp5000 you will find the premium diapers cost less per ounce of capacity.

•  

@anned

My problem is NOT about the care provided by the medical companies, but the products they put out:  Diapers are so cheaply made that I could get 1000 of the Prevails in 4 months, or I could get 360 in 4 months of the Megamax.  Its $3.00 for 300 products per month, or $24 per package of megamaxes.  I can't AFFORD to change myself every 15-20 minutes, and I am the kind of guy that is out, moves around, and does NOT want to be sitting in wet diapers that wont even fit right or cause rash or skin breakdown.  It comes down to companies deciding that quality can take a back seat, and that states have little choice in the medical supply company that they use, because they can't AFFORD to stock the good stuff at all - They want to get away with providing junk products, and they are applauded when they don't provide the good stuff.

Its basically this:  Would you want to put a "White colored Paper TOWEL" on your butt, or would you want something a LOT higher quality:  These products are out there, but they cost more $$$ and because of that, they are not even close to being adequate for someone that is SEVERELY bowel or bladder incontinent.  I have megamaxes - They ARE Incontinence "Diapers"  These other things they call 'Incontinence products are no better then Bounty Paper Towels ;(

Another point:  If it cost $3000 to get a piece of equipment that you NEED, would you settle for a machine that costs $600 that does NOT and CANNOT deal with all of the issues you are dealing with?  If a person needed Oxygen, would you get tanks that were half full?  Of COURSE NOT - You'd want a FULL tank, so why cut corners on diapers?

11 hours ago, iluvmydiapers said:

For example,  if you where to put a MegaMax diaper on a patient, that diaper would only be changed after it was soiled and that would only be prior to the noon or evening meal, and only if the patient ate their meal in the common dining room.

@iluvmydiapers

With all Due Respect:

I would rather have on a diaper that could handle the capacity of the release, and was comfortable, and was NOT causing skin breakdown, that's for sure.  Megamax diapers are made by people who KNOW that what we have out there now, is NOT good enough for what someone needs -  That's why Northshore Care was created - @NorthShoreAdam knows what people need, and he is making quality products that can run rings around any cloth backed product:  I would rather have a Megamax Diaper than ANY cloth backed stuff currently available.  I use them EVERY Day, and I had to go through the "hell" of inferior product offerings for 3 months, and I basically was wetting white paper towels with tapes.

11 hours ago, iluvmydiapers said:

If your looking for better care, commit a felony and go to prison, you will get 3 square meals a day,a daily shower, and better medical care.

Oh?  I don't THINK I would do that: The idea of medical care is to do the best you can, for your patient, and do what you think is right:  NOT to try to cut corners, and use inferior products - Doing that could get you in trouble.  Going to prison is no picnic either, and i dare say that the medical care there is probably no better than you get when you go to the school nurse when you cut a finger, or have a headache, or get sick - You then go to your doctor.  If you have a med that you take, and you go to prison, you may not be able to take that med, because they don't have it in the jails - They could give you Tylenol and water for severe pain, and that's about it - and with COVID-19, I wouldn't want to be IN jail, as it can be dangerous [IE: Broward County, Florida]

The care of the Professional is as important as the tools/products he uses while trying to heal you.  If you use inferior products or bad products, you run the risk of a patient having problems.  I am not saying that it is the professional's fault for using these products, but it seems that we could let these insurance carriers KNOW that they are cutting corners, and their refusal to cover quality products is causing problems, because no one can even AFFORD to have the good stuff around, simply because State Medicaid Programs won't pay for them, unless they can prove that something they provide is not adequate to help the patient.  I don't have to worry about not getting what I need, because I have proven that what I asked for is working, and I am GLAD I don't have to wear Paper Towels anymore :)

I'd rather NOT get in trouble and have to deal with that, and I am proud to say that I have NEVER been to jail, and I don't WANT to go there, either.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, iluvmydiapers said:

As one who has worked in a nursing home and have seen first hand the "diaper" that is used, and how often the patient is changed, there is little chance of quality adult diapers being used.

damn, i work in france, heavy autism people residency, and they  all have some top noch molicare +++, with cream and pants ! (for eveyone who need it)

• Like 1

Yeah I just wonder how soon say white ABDL diapers are available in pharmacies? I live in a big city up in Canada and we don't even have an incontinence store anymore to buy good quality diapers at anymore. I know buying online is super easy and of course safer in these times but sometimes I miss going into a physical store and buying some bags of good diapers, there used to be a great store here not far from me.

• Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 11:35 PM, Evelyn Dellcerro said:

The diaper market has always been quite huge ! The internet is merely twenty five years young. Many are just beginning to explore their lives in diapers. Ask any incon person or diaper lover here over the age of fifty. 

Wouldn't it be nice if competition drove the prices down?

19 minutes ago, Moochie said:

Wouldn't it be nice if competition drove the prices down?

I think only two things can drive prices down at this stage of market development, and neither are short term fixes.

First, economies of scale. Production gets cheaper in quantity, and narrower profit margins at higher volume can support non-logistics costs like salaries and websites.

Second, production automation. The sector is already more automated than it was years ago, but there’s room for more.

Where these two things collide is that none of these companies owns their production line. This is outsourced to manufacturers who make medical diapers and other paper products. If the economies of scale are higher, it will become more affordable for the ABDL sellers to build their own production capacity, which is (naturally) a big cost requiring significant capital investment. It would likely require the ABDL companies to produce medical diapers or other paper products to make it financially feasible to take on that much debt, but assuming they did, a highly automated facility in the US would lower freight costs and manufacturing costs in the long term. 

But in the meantime, they just need better economies of scale, meaning more people wearing ABDL diapers.

So I guess it’s on us to evangelize - tell your friends and family to only buy ABDL diapers from now on!

As to lowering cost to attract more buyers, my thinking is a lot of ABDLs buy these diapers for the prints more than the absorbency. It’s a point of frustration for many that they can’t fully use these diapers’ capacity. If I were selling these diapers, I’d look into selling thinner diapers alongside the current offerings. If they can lower the cost per diaper by making them more like an Abena M2 than an Abena M4, that might help sell more packages as it’s more bang for the buck for the buyer, and it could make freight and manufacturing more cost efficient per diaper.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, Alex Bridges said:

But in the meantime, they just need better economies of scale, meaning more people wearing ABDL diapers.

So I guess it’s on us to evangelize - tell your friends and family to only buy ABDL diapers from now on!

My buddy says things are going missing all the time in the world of shipping, so maybe we are askin' around about things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 3:53 PM, dmavn said:

I don't think many. People who are incontinent will try to hide that. After all for them it's a weakness rather than a choice. Also ABDL diapers are much thicker and more colorful which is not what most adults want. If you are incontinent you're not going to pee all at once.

1 hour ago, marinus18 said:

I don't think many. People who are incontinent will try to hide that. After all for them it's a weakness rather than a choice. Also ABDL diapers are much thicker and more colorful which is not what most adults want. If you are incontinent you're not going to pee all at once.

I would bet that it's at least statistically significant.   As I recall, there were only a few options for ABDL diapers 10 years ago, and now they are easily available and included as product by most providers, and available via Amazon.     As they always say, they don't stock them if they don't sell, and the increase has to be explained.   I'm going to guess the Venn Diagram of diaper users has a decent overlap of incontinent and ABDL (excluding those who became incontinent through ABDL, but the non-ABDL diaper user circle is significantly larger.  I have no idea, but let's say a factor of 4.

A large segment of that group would be the elderly, and the caregiver is buying the product.  That group is probably not buying the Crinklz print diapers.   But there is another group that is not ABDL, but could see print diapers the same way it would be like non-boring underwear.  They're not ABDL, but buying products because it's not as boring as the traditional product.   My guess based on the availability- that circle be as large as the strictly ABDL/non-medical need group that is outside of the incontinent circle.

1 hour ago, spark said:

I would bet that it's at least statistically significant.   As I recall, there were only a few options for ABDL diapers 10 years ago, and now they are easily available and included as product by most providers, and available via Amazon.     As they always say, they don't stock them if they don't sell, and the increase has to be explained.   I'm going to guess the Venn Diagram of diaper users has a decent overlap of incontinent and ABDL (excluding those who became incontinent through ABDL, but the non-ABDL diaper user circle is significantly larger.  I have no idea, but let's say a factor of 4.

A large segment of that group would be the elderly, and the caregiver is buying the product.  That group is probably not buying the Crinklz print diapers.   But there is another group that is not ABDL, but could see print diapers the same way it would be like non-boring underwear.  They're not ABDL, but buying products because it's not as boring as the traditional product.   My guess based on the availability- that circle be as large as the strictly ABDL/non-medical need group that is outside of the incontinent circle.

I didn't deny that but it has nothing to do with actual incontinent people. ABDL has grown tremendously in the past 15 years because of the internet.

3 hours ago, marinus18 said:

I didn't deny that but it has nothing to do with actual incontinent people. ABDL has grown tremendously in the past 15 years because of the internet.

I would say more communicative.

When I started, there was virtually no way for me to find out others wore diapers. I was in my 20s before I found out anyone else liked to wear diapers. I was almost 30 before I found forums to post messages on. There were BBS's around earlier, but I couldn't access them. Decent computers then we're expensive. Now your phone is cheaper, more powerful, and has greater access. 

It's also much easier to make and sell stuff. Kindle, Etsy, Zazzle, online stores abound. Used to be eBay, and a couple others, or an iffy deal made on a random site. 

16 hours ago, marinus18 said:

There is no question that ABDL has grown tremendously and the underlying acceptance of it has grown as well.   When Bambinos came out they were the very first ABDL specific diapers that were available on a large scale.  They're might have been some companies that marketed  disposable diapers to ABDL, but I didn't always trust the seller and would hear bad stories of orders not coming.   It wasn't that long ago that I waited nearly 4 weeks to have an adult pacifier sent to me, and now I can get one here by Monday.

There are some of us who grew up thinking we were the only people in the whole world who wanted to wear diapers.   I was nearly 14 before I learned there were adult diapers, and 16 when I learned some kids still wore diapers for bedwetting long past potty training.   

That has definitely been a factor in the growth of that market, but I also think there is overlap between those who are not necessarily ABDL and buying ABDL diapers.  

On 2/27/2021 at 7:23 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

I would say more communicative.

When I started, there was virtually no way for me to find out others wore diapers. I was in my 20s before I found out anyone else liked to wear diapers. I was almost 30 before I found forums to post messages on. There were BBS's around earlier, but I couldn't access them. Decent computers then we're expensive. Now your phone is cheaper, more powerful, and has greater access. 

It's also much easier to make and sell stuff. Kindle, Etsy, Zazzle, online stores abound. Used to be eBay, and a couple others, or an iffy deal made on a random site. 

But also just more people would discover it. With the huge amount of diaper art on porn and on Furry sites.