LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This hobby is expensive

Dubious

My diaper exspence is far less than some of my other hobbies.

Diapers cost me on average $150/month.

Motorcycle $300/ month

Fishing during summer, $200/ month.

No longer spending $500+ / drinking alcohol. 

I could due without all other hobbies and spend twice as much a month on diapers and still spend less per month.

I want to get into motorized hobbies but have thus far avoided it, because I already pay for my car, my wife's car, and, I have a daughter who is going to want a car in another year or so. But I do badly want a motorcycle. For the moment, I am confining myself to brewing equipment & ingredients, guitar stuff, a not-bad mountain bike, and a modest selection of decent Scotches. As well as probably about $250 a month in diapers. I can typically make a big overnight diaper last about 14 hours, and then a medium-duty daytime diaper covers the other 10 hours, so I usually wear two a day, unless I'm doing something that necessitates a premature change. In theory, the brewing is saving me money, although in practice, I'm not sure, because I share my beer pretty freely - I like brewing, and brewing requires keg space, and keg space requires consumption. It's safer to give some away than to try and process it all myself. 

A notable amount of what I brew ends up in what I'm wearing, so you could say that there is some synergy between brewing and diapers. 

14 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I want to get into motorized hobbies but have thus far avoided it, because I already pay for my car, my wife's car, and, I have a daughter who is going to want a car in another year or so. But I do badly want a motorcycle. For the moment, I am confining myself to brewing equipment & ingredients, guitar stuff, a not-bad mountain bike, and a modest selection of decent Scotches.

Single malt or blend? Lowlands? Higlands? Speyside? Islay? Campbeltown?

8 minutes ago, abrera said:

Single malt or blend? Lowlands? Higlands? Speyside? Islay? Campbeltown?

So I'm a big fan of the Islay and island single malt scotches - Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardbeg and Talisker would be chief among them. Next to those I would probably rank Highlands as my other preferred district. I don't know a lot about Lowland scotches, but I am willing to learn. I've been developing more of an appreciation for blended scotches lately - I used to avoid them, but there are some good ones in the world. I'm also exploring bourbon - I have some friends who travel widely in the US (or they did pre-pandemic) and they've brought back some interesting examples of the style. 

20 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

So I'm a big fan of the Islay and island single malt scotches - Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardbeg and Talisker would be chief among them. 

You're speaking my language! I LOVE peety scotch. Talisker's easily my fave so far. I also really like Balvenie, which has a bit of that smoke but not as strong as any of the ones you listed.

Anyway, yeah, alcohol can be way more expensive than ABDL stuff. That said, I'd prefer not to think of how many things I've bought over the years (and subsequently trashed because of the binge/purge cycle...) It is certainly on the expensive side, and if you're a hippy like me, I do worry about my carbon footprint an awful lot. But then again, don't parents spend 3000$+ a year on diapers and other baby stuff? I don't think I'm nearly that bad.

10 minutes ago, OddlyEnough said:

That said, I'd prefer not to think of how many things I've bought over the years (and subsequently trashed because of the binge/purge cycle...) It is certainly on the expensive side, and if you're a hippy like me, I do worry about my carbon footprint an awful lot. But then again, don't parents spend 3000$+ a year on diapers and other baby stuff? I don't think I'm nearly that bad.

I've been fortunate not to have, so far, done any purging. Prior to going 24/7, I used to only wear when I had the house to myself, or when I was on business trips, and here and there, I'd sneak into bed with a diaper on after my wife went to sleep. I'd sometimes take breaks of several weeks or a couple of months, but I never purged anything. I also haven't really been in a binge phase, although right now I do have a pretty good inventory going - if I see a good deal, I tend to want to stock up. But I think the roughly 4.5 cases I have on the go right now is as much space as my wife wants to allocate to my juvenile underwear preferences, so perhaps I am prevented from being able to really binge, and maybe that's a good thing. 

Like you, I have thought about the carbon footprint angle. I have kids, and we certainly did spend a lot on diapers and baby stuff, back in the day - at the time, I was "non-practicing", so my personal diaper budget was nil, which definitely helped. I bought some cloth diapers with an idea that I might save some money and maybe some trees that way, but I can't wear them anywhere but around the house - they're too bulky - and they're a lot of work, and anyway, I'm not sure that that amount of hot water and laundry chemicals is better for the planet than the manufacturing of a disposable. I'm in plastic diapers 98% of the time.

Talisker is definitely one of my favourites, and Balvenie's various versions are mostly great.

You both are speaking my language :)

I started off as a blend drinker, gradually adding more single malts as the years went by.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For blends  -

I'm very much a Johnnie Walker Platinum/Blue/Port Ellen or a Chivas Regal 15 or Royal Salute person :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For single malts -

If you ever get the chance to try Edradour 10 or 12, both are excellent Highland single malts!!

Glenfiddich is a Speyside staple as it's relatively common here ~ although some of their latter attempts have been so-so ?

Glenrothes and Glenlivet in my opinion is a better example of what Speyside has to offer ~ Glenlivet especially do an exceptional 25 year! :)

Talisker is fine, the 10 year is often on for a reasonable price so I always have some in xD

For US "whiskey" -

Sorry, but most of it is dreck... I can get on with George Dickel No.8 and maybe some Gentleman Jack if I'm in the mood.

For Japanese whisky -

Try Nikka Coffey (Malt not Grain) - if you leave it for the sugars to maturate once it's been opened, it tastes like candy. It is AMAZING!

Suntory Toki and Nikka from the barrel are OK too :D

I could go on, but I'd probably have to go dig through the liquor cabinet ~ easily the most expensive hobby I have :P

1 hour ago, abrera said:

You both are speaking my language :)

I started off as a blend drinker, gradually adding more single malts as the years went by.

For blends  -

I'm very much a Johnnie Walker Platinum/Blue/Port Ellen or a Chivas Regal 15 or Royal Salute person :D

For single malts -

If you ever get the chance to try Edradour 10 or 12, both are excellent Highland single malts!!

Glenfiddich is a Speyside staple as it's relatively common here ~ although some of their latter attempts have been so-so ?

Glenrothes and Glenlivet in my opinion is a better example of what Speyside has to offer ~ Glenlivet especially do an exceptional 25 year! :)

Talisker is fine, the 10 year is often on for a reasonable price so I always have some in xD

For US "whiskey" -

Sorry, but most of it is dreck... I can get on with George Dickel No.8 and maybe some Gentleman Jack if I'm in the mood.

For Japanese whisky -

Try Nikka Coffey (Malt not Grain) - if you leave it for the sugars to maturate once it's been opened, it tastes like candy. It is AMAZING!

Suntory Toki and Nikka from the barrel are OK too :D

I could go on, but I'd probably have to go dig through the liquor cabinet ~ easily the most expensive hobby I have :P

The only United States whiskey I've ever liked was Stranahan's in Colorado. If you haven't had it, give it a taste... But my tastebuds agree with you, U.S. whiskey is rarely good.

Hm... maybe we need a topic about this, since we're dragging it radically away from the original topic! Sorry about that. 

16 hours ago, OddlyEnough said:

Anyway, yeah, alcohol can be way more expensive than ABDL stuff.

Check out the prices in Norway
There is a good reason why I don't drink much 

and I don't really like getting drunk anyway..

Just a quick check with Smirnoff, 750 ml in USA $13, in Norway for 700ml $35

I’m not entirely sure how much I’ve spent over the years. I know, for me, it’s been ebb and flow, good and bad times. Lately, my reason for trying to cut back is more of a storage concern. I (still) live in a studio apartment, so there are only so many nooks and crannies I can stash anything, never mind diapers. 

• Like 1

To think this is expensive..... I don't think you'd want to see how much I've spent on my primary hobby over the past few months.   In fact... I shouldn't have done the math for myself.  For just 2020 to date - $4366!  ? ...that was a shocker even for me. 

And just what is this hobby???  (scale) Model trains!  ????????  

On 8/23/2020 at 12:33 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

B.O.A.T.

Bust out another thousand.

...yeah, boating CAN be expensive, but if you do alot or all of your own maintenance it can be OK. I sold my boat in March of last year, and in 24 years spent $24K, but this also included $11.5K for the initial purchase of the 5yr old WellCraft 210 Classic. So I spent $12.5K over 24 years time and when I sold it, I got $5300 back, so realistically I did not do too bad for over a 24yr period.

...sorry about the rant, where were we.................oh yeah, how expensive diapers are. I use cloth 95% of the time, so once you spend your initial $$$ on your "cloth" inventory, it's hardly spending anything other than detergent & utilities for the washer & dryer. I guess you could also include wear & tear on the washer & dryer too, but those also get used on your adult clothes too. 

9 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

To think this is expensive..... I don't think you'd want to see how much I've spent on my primary hobby over the past few months.   In fact... I shouldn't have done the math for myself.  For just 2020 to date - $4366!  ? ...that was a shocker even for me. 

At least you don't throw out the trains after you have used them for a day ?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Well if you weren't using 1:1 scale it might be cheaper.

6 hours ago, Dubious said:

At least you don't throw out the trains after you have used them for a day ?

Well, I would if I were Gomez Addams!   ?

4 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Well if you weren't using 1:1 scale it might be cheaper.

But then it wouldn't be as much fun!  ?

16 hours ago, oliver d said:

Compared to my other hobbies diapers are cheap,marine aquariums, planted aquariums, scuba diving,model building ,rc car racing and rc planes and helicopters.

I was into electric RC cars for a bit... still have 'em, but haven't unpacked that container in over 10 years.  Maybe 15. 

On 8/17/2020 at 2:01 AM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

want to share what kind you got for your super stash?

I wanted to wait for my package to arrive and I picked it up last week

6x Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima
1x Tykables Unicorn
2x Suprima body/onesie, gonna try them in the winter/fall (when it gets colder)
2x inserts to try
6x samples 
+ other stuff

Just shipping is $105 

57 minutes ago, Dubious said:

I wanted to wait for my package to arrive and I picked it up last week

6x Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima
1x Tykables Unicorn
2x Suprima body/onesie, gonna try them in the winter/fall (when it gets colder)
2x inserts to try
6x samples 
+ other stuff

Just shipping is $105 

what are the samples?

And other stuff?

6 diaper samples: 
2 unicorn in medium, thankfully I bought the pack in large as medium was way too small
2 barnyard, I liked these, so I might have to buy more next year
2 lil squirts

other stuff is not really diaper related, so can subtract $43

I love trains, I have lots of them but, 90% are 2nd hand and all in several special cases. I do get them out if I’m home by myself, engines can cost $400+(AUD) new, so I stick to 2nd hand. While using my trains I’m always diapered and have an “accident” in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried all in one cloth diapers, as in, I bought 2 and didn't like any of them 

Forgot to mention that I bought a pull-on big boy cloth pants with protection and they seemed ok to be used between diapers, but I doubt they hold much, but I felt secure
Only for use at home 

Might just go with cloth-like for day-use as they are slightly cheaper and much easier to get, and no washing needed