LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

pallet woodworking

A little, but you need a source of untreated pallets.  In general you won't know what they have been treated with or have come in contact with.  If you had a source of pallets used to ship food, you would be in great shape.  And it is also very labor intensive. So it works but under limited circumstances.

ive been doing a little with pallets, i posted pics of a couple pieces i made on woodworkingtalk forum, and a mod there decided to be kind of a jerk, telling me they "dont endorse or recommend pallet wood for projects" there, and that i "should have put some thought into the project" when i was just trying to figure out 1:if a couple pieces would sell, and 2:if they would, what a reasonable price would be, they are outdoor tables, one that is about coffee table height for our grill(a little one) and a taller one for the front porch to have a place to set things on(like my fountain drinks) when i come back from the store so i can open the door. i did another tall table to sell but mom decided she wants it, she is using it as kind of a dresser, i just need to add a shelf on the bottom for a couple of baskets to use as drawers

107386482_606485966653530_1700747340115740382_n.jpg

107612820_1412997342421628_6757780762220337276_n.jpg

108201454_374152696883215_4334799800617526955_n.jpg

109119278_2654961888099917_6935433864659725961_n.jpg

• Like 1

feralfreak  while I have a few reservations about pallet wood.  I certainly wouldn't have reacted like that moderator.  You wouldn't  say "don't use a table saw because they might be dangerous".  You would just caution people to be careful using a table saw.  Just use common sense, I don't think you would use a pallet that had been used to ship rat poison.

1 hour ago, 1950potty said:

feralfreak  while I have a few reservations about pallet wood.  I certainly wouldn't have reacted like that moderator.  You wouldn't  say "don't use a table saw because they might be dangerous".  You would just caution people to be careful using a table saw.  Just use common sense, I don't think you would use a pallet that had been used to ship rat poison.

not knowingly anyway haha, and its not like im making bowls, plates, cups, or anything like that out of it, i made wood bee traps, corbels(also known as shelf brackets), those tables plus one in moms room she wanted, and a knee wall to try to keep some pups in their cage(they still get loose), im not using it for anything that we would eat out of. i dont really know what was on the pallets before i got them, the local auction house gives them to me, otherwise they end up in a burning area, so all that wood goes to waste.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:07 AM, 1950potty said:

Are you familiar with the company Grizzly Tools?  I just got an ad today and they have a book about building things out of pallet wood.

ive heard of them, back in the 90s i had one of their catalogs, but those tools to bust a pallet up are at least 50 bucks i think, we dont have 50 bucks to spend, right now just 22, to get through the end of the month.

I'd look this book up on line  https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-Wood-Pallet-Projects-Book/T25618 and see if the book looks like it might be a help.  And then try your local library.  If you give them the details, most of them can borrow it from another library.  Then you borrow it from them for free!  And I wouldn't be surprised if the request to find the book couldn't even be done by phone.

Ive dismantled plenty of pallets for the wood burner and man some of them can be difficult to breakdown. Ive also used some pallet wood for small garden repairs before, i might try a pallet wood project in the future because the wood is so easy to come by. Nice pallet wood bench you knocked up. Top job ??

19 hours ago, triggernum2 said:

Ive dismantled plenty of pallets for the wood burner and man some of them can be difficult to breakdown. Ive also used some pallet wood for small garden repairs before, i might try a pallet wood project in the future because the wood is so easy to come by. Nice pallet wood bench you knocked up. Top job ??

a trick i use  to bust them down is cutting the slats on the side that has the least where the end 2x's are, then lay the side with the most down, raised up about 3 inch and take a block of 2x and a small sledge hammer, comes apart easier that way, then a framing hammer and a flat pry bar for the nails, harder to do on oak ones because they can be easier to crack and split