LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How authentic are you to your little age?

A while ago someone asked for toy suggestions in the Baby Talk forum. They said their little age was 6-12 months, so I suggested simple things like balls, blocks, rattles, and stacking cups. Others suggested things like a tea set, crayons, Megablocks, and Nerf Guns, none of which seem age-appropriate for a 6-12 month old baby to me. I've seen ABs who say they're one or two years old but like to play Lego and video games (I babysat a lot in my high school and college days and would NEVER give Lego to a child under 3, as they're a choking hazard), and those who say they're in the three to five year old age range but use bottles, pacifiers, onesies, and baby-style diapers.

All that has me wondering - how true are you to your little age? I'm between three and five, depending on the day, so  I range from (slightly late) potty-training toddler to bed-wetting pre-schooler (who maybe gets distracted or has trouble holding it for very long if there isn't a potty nearby and has occasional daytime accidents) so my preferred diapers are pullups. Of course, being a full-blown woman with hips and a butt, actual Pull Ups, Goodnites, etc don't come close to fitting me so I improvise with Always Discreet. Sometimes I'll go with an ABU diaper for a more kid-like design (I think the Little Pawz, Dino Rawrz, and PeekABU designs would be cute on toddler Pull Ups, maybe too babyish for bedwetting pants) but the tape-on style doesn't feel authentic to me. I have two sippy cup I'll use on rare occasions and some kid-sized straw-style water bottles; baby bottles and pacifiers have no appeal for me.  As far as toys, when I'm in little space I like My Little Pony, coloring/simple arts and crafts, and Beanie Babies. I'm tempted to see if my parents still have my old Lego sets stored away. Once I get my "playroom" finished (really a multi-purpose craft/exercise/storage room) and I have space I want to get some Magnatiles and other building toy sets. and while I've never been that into dolls, I currently am tempted to get an American Girl doll because they now have a Team USA soccer kit for them, and I love soccer. (I know there are cheaper AG knockoffs, but they're not as cute.) As far as clothing goes, most of what I wear in my downtime would be appropriate playclothes for today's little girls - mainly athletic wear with pops of fun colors like coral pink, periwinkle, and aqua, and a few personalized soccer and basketball jerseys. For occasions requiring something more dressy-casual I have a couple comfy knit dresses, one with polka dots and the other striped.

How about you? Are your diaper, toy, and clothing choices in line with your ageplay age, or just a mish-mash of things you like from across the baby-child spectrum?

• Like 1

When in little space I only stick to clothing, toys and even lifestyle for appropriate age. I actually have two ages, 9 months and 3 years. I always used to like being really young, hence 9 months. But when I started going to meets and events I found it didn't work, because in truth a 9 month old baby is pretty boring. That's why I started playing at 3 years too.

I used real baby development charts (from the net) to find out about my chosen ages.

Hugs

Katie xx

12 minutes ago, Kittycat79 said:

When in little space I only stick to clothing, toys and even lifestyle for appropriate age. I actually have two ages, 9 months and 3 years. I always used to like being really young, hence 9 months. But when I started going to meets and events I found it didn't work, because in truth a 9 month old baby is pretty boring. That's why I started playing at 3 years too.

I used real baby development charts (from the net) to find out about my chosen ages.

Hugs

Katie xx

I haven't gone that far, but I have a lot of younger siblings and cousins and like I said babysat a lot, so I have a pretty good idea of what babies and kids like at various ages. Plus being 3-5 I actually remember the toys I had and what activities I found entertaining at that age. 

I'm not at all authentic to my age play age so much so that I specifically never put one upon myself. I'm into ageplay purely sexually and certain aspects of all different ages interest me. I never fully understood the ageplay age thing simply because I didn't think many people wanted to be completely authentic, since it is just, well play. Not saying being authentic to your ageplay age is bad, it's just a new idea for me I actually find it kind of interesting.

• Like 1

As much as possible, about 85 - 95%. I have some moderen things, but they are filling in for things from that time and they are so similar that they pass easily. Of course, there are things yo cannot get any more like the full-size, heavyweight off-white rubber sheets or the large, square two-color quilted plastic lap pads (those were around into the 1970's). It is doubtful that I could find dolls form that time and the large dolls from the late 1950'a early 1960's are still very traditional plus make me seem  little with an 18" doll. My diapers are large copies of what a 5 to 9 year old girl actually wore and most of my panties are right out of 1950. It is either exact copies or something passable; good rubber panties have not changed that much, since what made them good in 1948 makes them good now. I would be uncomfortable if it were otherwise, Trying to be other than a 1948 - 54 little girl, which was what I lived,  would obviously be phony and "scripted" of things that were not me, and make me self-conscious since I woould be aware of the scripting at some level because I would be doing the scripting, and I would be "trying". I would feel like a fish out of water.This is why I cannot understand how anyone born before1963 can even abide, let alone be comfortable with,  paper diapers; I tried it. They were  not even a part of anything before you were 6 and would feel alien at best. Not much changed between1945 and 55 so I could be a 5 year old girl at any time in that range. It it would still be the same. To be in scale, my tea set is full-size and it went at a bargain price so I grabbed . I actually used it in a pretend teaparty with a girl -- and the dolls were invited, too and there was no question of authenticity.. I do have some things that are not accurate but would be perfectly fine for being part Fairy. like my night light and magic picture frame. The image of Fairy at the time was less "magical" and more like an advanced civilization, which fit some parts of my "rgular" personality that made me somewhat exotic. That pertains to things like "feeling" my dolls' personalities. That matches my first time up close and personal with a doll when I was just turned 5. while my life as a little girl began when I was 6, it was still in the "little " period and I had some of my girl properties; I loved dolls and wanted a tiara, liked, and was liked by girls my age, and played as they played, I already thought of that part of me as being named Christine when I first became aware of that name, all when I was 5 or at least before I was 6. It is in my blog

11 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

I'm not at all authentic to my age play age so much so that I specifically never put one upon myself. I'm into ageplay purely sexually and certain aspects of all different ages interest me. I never fully understood the ageplay age thing simply because I didn't think many people wanted to be completely authentic, since it is just, well play. Not saying being authentic to your ageplay age is bad, it's just a new idea for me I actually find it kind of interesting.

Certainly a lot of people don't identify with any specific age, and I'm not saying anyone has to. It just seems curious to me when they DO specify a specific age or age range, but don't do things a child that age would do. It definitely isn't sexual for me at all. For me it's just going back to a time when I was the happiest, and the most authentically me before the peer pressure of school and the social constructs associated with being female made me change to fit in and be accepted. (Not that I ever did a very good job at that. ?

• Like 1

I rarely get into little space anymore but I did regress to the age I felt was where I wanted.

18 months and of course I wore diapers as I’m not potty trained. I like having plushies to play with like my bears.

or something to chew on and just in general sit on the floor and drink my baba and babble like a baby 

If you want some very vintage plastic pantis. Like some from 1946-8, get a pair of milky white .007 pull-on panties (there were no snap-on until 1951)  and some gold or yellow-gold Rit dye and dye them according to instructions. The Comco's could stand up to the very hot water and the Gairy's should be able to. Some of the 1960's panties used to be 'boilable". Thick plastic should stay soft. That was the color of the panties that I remember being put on me. I have not found anything like the peach colored panties

• 2 weeks later...

Depends whose standards you're judging by - my life, which was bizarre and weird, or others'.

My ageplay age is about 5. My toy choices are pretty age appropriate.

Most people are well out of diapers by 5, or would be wearing training pants instead, etc. I'm completely incontinent, though, so my diaper choices are the kind of cloth and disposable diapers that most other people would consider 'overnight' grade. From a strictly objective point of view, that's inauthentic. However, I was also completely incontinent at 5.

My clothing choices are the other way around. They're basically informed by whatever was being worn in Huggies ads in my childhood, LOL - polo shirts, khaki shorts, riptape sneakers, etc. Technically the kids wearing those are probably about 2-4 so it's a little younger than my age. However, at 5, because I was still in diapers I was pretty much stuck in clothes that prioritised 'fitting comfortably over diapers' and 'ease of access to diapers', which had the effect of making me look like I was about 1.

I'm a little bit of everything at once.  I don't think I would be able to pinpoint down a specific age at all.

I enjoy wearing onesies with my diapers, though not always.  Same with diaper covers/plastic pants.  I always wear disposables, though sometimes they're white medical, and sometimes they're fun AB prints.  On a random occasion I'll enjoy a pacifier, bottle, or neither.  It's fluid and just sort of shifts/changes day by day.  Even my want to use baby smelling powders/soaps and adult soaps changes fluidly.  The only constancy is a want to wear diapers all day and all night.

• 1 month later...

I don't think you should limit yourself.  This thing that we do is about being free from societal norms.  "I wish I were younger", essentially. 

So if you want to be little, be little. 

Play with blocks, or Legos.  Play with stuffies, or action figures.  Don't box yourself in. Be you.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

My little age is 2-6. I think most of what I like would be somewhat age appropriate somewhere in that range by the standards when I was that age. I do like onesies but they're more of an occasional thing for me and have an occasional desire to be fed from a bottle, though I usually prefer sippy cups. I also like sitting in a high chair to eat, but have also seen toddlers in them at restaurants. I wear diapers (NB-3Y), like to sleep in a crib (NB-3Y), drink from sippy cups (6M-3Y), and play video games (4Y+). I also kinda like the idea of being a little immature in some ways, sometimes being a 6 yo who still needs diapers and clings to her sippy cup.

• Like 1

Well...I'm sitting here in a cute red and white flowered dress with red leggings underneath and a cloth diaper and PUL pants on under that. It's about as "three year old" as I can get. Yes, three years old and still wearing diapers. My rule: If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Diapers work.

2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Yes, three years old and still wearing diapers. My rule: If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Diapers work.

i agree, five here and still in diapers, but it works. Not exactly age-appropriate, but it works.

In a onesie as i write, i wear that all the time. i use the simple sentences and short words of a five year old, and do not talk with an authoritative adult voice. Children’s dishes and utensils to eat.

i try to keep the wonder and openness to experience of my little age.

2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Well...I'm sitting here in a cute red and white flowered dress with red leggings underneath and a cloth diaper and PUL pants on under that. It's about as "three year old" as I can get. Yes, three years old and still wearing diapers. My rule: If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Diapers work.

Where I am from, a 5  or even 7 year old girl in diapers most of the time was not ucommon since they were used for many things that did not apply to boys; such as "chastity training"; having to do with paying attentio to keeping her skirts down. If she had a "delicate personality. If she was somewhere for a long time and her parnets did not wish to have her going the toilet every hour or so, or on long trips (this was before the Interstates were buiot and a 50 mile trip could take two hours), to bed at night so that she would not have to get up to go to the bathroom even if she was not a bedwetter, if she was accident prone, if her mother was going to be very busy during the day, as punishment or to break her of certain traits. Much of that led to the French-Canadians here being called "piss-a-beds" for may years. When I was 9, the 5 year old girl who moved in nest door was always in diapers

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm a bit of a mix of ages really.  I still enjoy diapers, bottles, pacifiers ect. but when I play, I'm closer to 7-8 years old; a lot of imaginative play with stuffed animals, building blocks, dolls houses, etc.

• Like 1

I wish I was more authentic to my 1 year old self, admittedly it's hard for me to get in that mindset of imagination and wonder because of having to be so mature over the years as I grew up. I wish I could legitly be a baby and enjoy baby things without losing interest due to my big boy mind. Also, if I was legitly a 1 year old baby I would still wanna be interested in big boy stuff, and still be able to talk with words. Although I'd probably still speak with broken English because that's how real babies talk.????? I wish I could throw a tantrum and have that be okay and have a shoulder to cry on when I'm upset.?? I still enjoy making poopies in my diapers ???, but I wish daddy was here so he could powder and diaper my diaper area.?????? I also wish I was more silly and funny and immature, just like a regular baby.? Although I would still play video games. I love video games!???♥️ I consider my little age to be a extension of me, rather than just age play. To me it's a lifestyle.? And it's more of a regression to who I truly want to be!

The problem with being "authentic" to an infant is that there is no "there" there. 1 or 2 year olds have been pretty much the same since forever. I was the same kind of infant as someone born 5 years ago. The level of cranial developmnet nor the experinece level have not reach the stage of significant personality. One of the the things that would make "authentic" possible, "permanence"; the recognition of a thing being as it is over time, does not begin to show up before the late 3's. The same with recognizizing oneself as a boy or girl and what that means to oneself. The "2 year old baby girl" that some aspire to be has no conept of what it is t be a girl and is recognizable as such only by what is done with her by others. The alleged feelings that an AB seeks have no meaning to an infant/toddler. There are adult feelings superimposed on said infant/toddler Most things that age revolve around motor skills and sensory development. To be "authentic" to a 1 year old, one would have to blot out the higher levels of consciousness, including most of self-awareness and recognition of thins ike toys or diapers. These aremostly images cast in one or more sensory modes without any meaning beyond that. So I guess to be an authentic 1 year old, one would have to be stoned or drunk out of one's gourd, at which point you would not know it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 1:37 PM, Little Christine said:

Most things that age revolve around motor skills and sensory development. To be "authentic" to a 1 year old, one would have to blot out the higher levels of consciousness, including most of self-awareness and recognition of thins like toys or diapers. These are mostly images cast in one or more sensory modes without any meaning beyond that. So I guess to be an authentic 1 year old, one would have to be stoned or drunk out of one's gourd, at which point you would not know it

I don't drink or smoke but I kind of get that feel, when I have a week or so vacation, I'll generally hire a "sitter" to handle thinking. around lunchtime of such a day I'm so in the zone where by brain is like similar to being underwater, sound all quiet mush, I see but am not really looking at anything or doing anything and my hands just move and grab and do whatever. I find it very pleasant but it doesn't usually last more than an hour or two before my thinking brain starts up again.

That said, most of my little time is not like that, I wear and use the diapers and maybe a pacifier/bottle but my consciousness and desires remain mostly as when I am not little I play games watch tv and try not to stress out too much about having to go to work later.

• 1 month later...

Well it depends on what age I am when me and my girlfriend do roleplay, if I'm the baby and I'm 2 then I'll play with toys that a two year old might, like blocks, coloring books or watch kids movies/TV shows, if I'm 5 then I'll be playing with Legos or E rated videogames like Mario Kart but I'll wear a ABU Kiddo or Super Dry kid because maybe I still have accidents once in a while but still use the toilet but I'll have some that I've already put on and taped up and just slid off to act as a pull up, If I'm one or younger then its balls, rattles, etc. and being bottle fed or recently breastfed by my girlfriend, there are a few exceptions like if I want to be 5 but still want to wear diapers because I have to many accidents. All of this also applies to my girlfriend when I play daddy, minus the breastfeeding part. 

• 4 weeks later...

On the surface, I would say hardly at all. My authenticity to my little self is more symbolic more than anything. It’s a mental head space. 

I don’t act like a 3 year old. I don’t try to be one. The only way I do is that I wear and use my diapers like one and I get changed by my SO. 

The mental image I have is that in my head, I’m connected to my caregiver and she’s playing with me all day and accepts my use of diapers and doesn’t pressure me to use the toilet. 

The actual play is what we do as adults recreationally. The connection is still there. The only thing that is authentic in terms of physical play is the diapering. 

In a way I’m waving to my 3 year old self and giving myself what I needed then, which was the love along with acceptance and understanding of my need to be diapered. 

• 2 months later...

Great Topic to discuss, for me it's impossible for me to stay authentic into a particular age standard.

I'd like to think of my little age as being a "Post-Baby", caught in between wanting to be babied and wanting to be grown-up, which was around the age of 5 for me. This is when I remember my first confusions of being both embarrassed & jealous of kids my age being diapered, and also the age which my earliest memories are the most consistent.

It was also the same age when I had this onetime experience which developed into my most obsessive & favorite memory I kept to myself (you know how they say when you remember something, you're just "remembering a memory"?), well I feel I'd gone and tried remembering it so much during all these years, that I'm not even sure what parts are truth, fantasies, or dreams. 

This is why I had to develop a whole ABDL/Little sub-persona for myself, who's little age is 5, but get's the treaments I'd only fantasized about at that age, this way its more relatable & almost memorable. I developed an entire internal system with a name and back-story, in order to try and get into the idea of headspace that makes the most sense to me.

• 2 months later...

I think I am pretty authentic to my 4 year old age. I have always enjoyed Disney Cartoon Shows and Movies and rated G entertainment, coloring, eating ice cream, cookies, and getting really excited and emotional over things. For example , this will be my first Christmas since starting this age regression to a 4 year old. I am so excited for Christmas already and the joy of believing in Santa again and leaving cookies and milk out for him. Watching all the Christmas Holiday shows as a 4 year old. It is going to be incredible.