LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers during a heatwave

Hi everybody, 

Last week it's been insanely hot where i live! Normally it's not like this, but for the last 3 years it seems that heatwaves in the summer are here to stay! With temperatures of 35°c and even 40°c in the sun you can say it's pretty hot! I stay hydrated all the time but you know... at those temperatures you sweat most of it out! Now are there tips to wearing diapers during this temperatures because sometimes it can become quite uncomfortable... Because i'm a bit sensitive to this kind of heat i have the tendency to sweat A LOT! So how do you survive this kind of heat? 

Yeah it's 35 C and humid here right now, although for half the year it's generally below 0 (Canada), so I'm not complaining. For me, wearing diapers on a hot day involves, first of all, skin protection - I use diaper cream religiously, and also baby powder. As well, you need to pay more attention to where your diaper is with respect to capacity, because after a while, the whole thing feels damp, even when it's still pretty dry - you can't go by feel anymore, you might need to do a pinch check. Another issue I've had is the accumulation of sweat around the leg gathers when seated, to the point that it forms damp tell-tale crescents on the back of my shorts or pants. Solutions to this include wearing cloth-lined plastic or PUL pants, for example, or just wearing dark colours so that it's less obvious. But if you've been seated for a long time in the heat, say on a restaurant patio or whatever, you want to be aware when you stand up that you might have some dampness on your rear, even though your diaper hasn't leaked. 

Despite these issues, it's possible to enjoying being in a diaper on a hot day - it just takes a little prep. 

• Thanks 1

As someone who comes from a place with terribly hot summers, my biggest tip is to wear cloth-backed disposable diapers or diapers that have breathable sides. These thinner diapers are much less hot and you can just put doubles in them to increase absorption. Wearing comfortable clothing like a sundress or lose shorts that allow for good airflow is another thing that can make your day a lot better. I'd also recommend looking for clothing made of synthetic fabrics that wicks sweat away from the skin and breaths really well. Above all, stay hydrated. I know this may seem a little counterintuitive, because it will make you pee more, but diluted urine isn't as hard on your skin and dehydration will ruin your day. I do tend to gravitate towards AC in the summer because ultimately that's your best friend, lol.

If you are 24/7 for any reason, you just have to do what is suggested.  Looser fitting cotton clothing that helps breath, thinner cloth backed diapers and change more often and stay inside where it's air conditioned as much as possible to adapt.

If you wear for fun and not need, well, you have a choice.  Indulge in your AB/DL fantasy and wear as much as you want and be hot and uncomfortable a lot, or bite the bullet, give diapers a rest for a while when you have to be out in the heat and save them for when indoors or when it starts to cool down in the evening.  Heat rash can be almost as bad as diaper rash or worse!

If you suffer from UIC only you may give condom catheters a try. To be honest I don‘t like them that much for a couple of reasons  - but it’s an alternative In this hot times.