LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How old were you when you started wearing diapers?

asta

Like the title says, what age were you when you started wearing diapers? (Not counting when you were an infant, unless you never stopped wearing them in the first place) I am just curious what the community here is like, because from talking to a few people here it seems like I was late to the party starting at 16 or 17! 

18 is when I was safely able to get them without anyone noticing my parents wouldn't understand  and I was terrified of them finding out so I basically waited three years before I could actually get my hands on them

My interest in diapers began actually with puberty sexual awakening.  I began enjoying the feeling of wetting and soiling my pants in secrecy.  Also at the time I could fit into baby diapers and plastic pants.  After several episodes of guilt and purging I have come to accept this part of me and created a balance of adult responsibility with diapers.  I am a DL not necessarily AB.

• Like 1

I was often diapered for bed-wetting till dry around age 9.  I didn’t mind it (diapers or bed-wetting for that matter) a bit which mom no doubt sensed.  As for secret self-diapering, it began before age 9 while still wetting the bed.

• Like 1

I experienced a post-surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I’ve never been reliably dry at night since then and also experience daytime urge incontinence that has gotten worse as I got older.

• Like 1
On 8/7/2020 at 11:20 PM, asta said:

Like the title says, what age were you when you started wearing diapers? (Not counting when you were an infant, unless you never stopped wearing them in the first place) I am just curious what the community here is like, because from talking to a few people here it seems like I was late to the party starting at 16 or 17! 

Hi Asta and Welcome to Daily Diapers!

My family has told me I actually was toilet trained days when I was 30 months and nights at 33 months. That was before my memory started. My Mom and others tell me that my bladder was always tiny and over active, as was true of Penny my eldest sibling. My Mom and her mother are urinary incontinent. Granny took care of all her daughters' bladder problems with 'just-in-case' diapers for car trips and whenever restrooms were hard to find. Mom did the same with Penny.

I remember having my diaper changed in public at Renaissance Faire in 1968 several weeks before I turned 4. Later that same day I watched as Mom changed Penny's diaper, who was then 9. About the time I turned 4 My Dad, Mom, Penny, and my other siblings took a vacation to Yosemite. Only Dad and my older brother Jack did not wear diapers. When we got home I could get to the toilet in time so I did not need diapers. The next time I was diapered was for the 1969 Ren Faire and that summers vacation. I did wet my panties during nursery school in early 1969. The teacher changed my panties. When Mom picked me up she put me in cotton trainers and Gerber vinyl panties.

From Kindergarten onward I no longer needed vinyl panties for school although I did still wear trainers until 4th grade. I continued to always wear just-in-case diapers during trips. I was taught how to change my youngest sister Missy when I was 9. We shared a bedroom. Missy never had a dry night and wet at least once every day. Then when I turned 12 and reached puberty I reverted to bedwetting. That was when I was taught how to pin on my own diapers.

I had to learn how to wear disposable diapers in August 1981 because my university had no coin laundry. My family only believed in gauze diapers. During the summer of 1985 I turned 21 and moved from university to law school. That was when I lost my daytime bladder control. Missy got married in 1988 and gave birth to her daughter in January 1990. By then I had moved back to Los Angeles and was an associate attorney with a corporate law firm.

In September 1990 all the bother of diapers depressed me. Missy's husband was away on military deployment. She invited me to dinner. I started complaining about needing diapers. Missy told me that she began playing big baby to cope while she had been pregnant, suggesting I try doing the same. While talking to me she was breast feeding her daughter. After returning the baby to her bassinet, Missy returned and shoved a baby bottle into my mouth. I had no memory of suckling a bottle. Still, that bottle soothed me. When I finished it Missy handed me a MAM pacifier. I also found that comforting. Before I left for my apartment, Missy gave me a set on new MAM pacifiers and 3 EvenFlo baby bottles with clear silicone nipples. The next day I went to an infant store where I bought a bottle sterilizer, drying rack as well as more bottles, nipples and pacifiers. I began to read about adult babies and joined Diaper Pail Friends, a pioneer ABDL club.

Playing AB has been my coping strategy since October 1990. In early May 1991 I met the love of my life, Don Davis, at a party. I had read that his late wife had been a high-profile big baby girl named Jean Davis. I told Don that I had only worn Attends disposables since 1981 but that I wanted to return to gauze diapers for bed, but could not because the apartment building where I lived was filled with other young attorneys. Don said that he still had a lot of new gauze diaper and vinyl panties. He also said I could use his washer and drier. I started living with him that week. We married in October 1991. I changed from disposables to gauze diapers as soon as I get home from my law office. Usually Don changes me for bed.

I was around eight when i started wearing again, I could never get the obsession of wearing one out of my head, and that was since being potty trained. I wore on and off for years as with the availability of diapers in the house.

• Thanks 1
On 8/8/2020 at 5:54 PM, WBxx said:

I was often diapered for bed-wetting till dry around age 9.  I didn’t mind it (diapers or bed-wetting for that matter) a bit which mom no doubt sensed.  As for secret self-diapering, it began before age 9 while still wetting the bed.

I never minded the bedwetting either. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about.I was happy to wear the nappies supplied by the NHS during my teens as My Mother just left me to it after that . Happy that finally something had been done. It didn't seem to bother her any more that I was still wetting most nights. She was just happy finally the Doc had listened and refered me to a continence nurse for some practical help.

I always loved diapers the idea of wearing but didn’t start till I was 12 I started stealing diapers from my grandma when she lived with us and when I was 17 I told my mom I needed them due to bed wetting (it was a lie )

• Like 1

Between eleven and twelve.  A private school education lead by strict nuns in which we all went to the restroom as a class to reduce interruptions during lessons. Well some of us don’t have to go when everyone else does, do we?  I was extremely shy and raised my hand to be excused. The damn nun just ignored me until I felt the warm stream running down my leg and soaking my black trousers. Talk about sheer panic!  Luckily for me the bell rang signaling the end of school for the day and I ran home to change.

• Like 1

I'm a bit unusual in this community, in that I don't wear diapers.

I'm an "older little" who likes age regressing to somewhere in the 5 - 9 age range (usually about 6) ... a little girl who wears proper "big girl" knickers, but still has occasional accidents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s interesting for me because I never had a bedwetting problem or anything like that. I’ve wanted to wear diapers for as long as I can remember, as far back as early childhood. I didn’t build up the courage to start wearing though until I was 19 and I had a job that allowed me to work evenings. I was still living at home and wasn’t bold enough to buy online yet, so after I’d get off work, I’d run to Walgreens and buy those old 6 tape plastic Depends. Those Depends were so bad in comparison to what I wear now, but were still my first experience back in diapers after the age of 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I was about 6 when my mom had some pull ups for a charity drive. I didn't understand that they weren't for me I just took them and put them on. I wanted to wear frequently because I was having accidents all the time. I would suddenly move and my pants were wet. But never told my parents. I would go to church and in the nursery I would take some of the diapers so I could have some for the week. When I was 14 I saved up enough money to buy a pack of store brand goodnites. My mom caught me. Asked me why I needed them. I told her that I needed them. My mom bought them for me until she died 10 years ago. Now my Medicaid pays for them. Turns out I have a OAB and Functional incontinence.

I can remember being interested in them pretty much from the time I was out of them - my first hazy memory of "wanting" was at around 3.  By age 8 or 9 I think I'd experimented with stuffing toilet paper into my underwear.  The first actual diaper pinned cloth/plastic pants was recovered as unused by a younger sibling one morning as they slowly emerged from bedwetting allowing ME to use it and slip it into general laundry undetected.  I think I was around 11.

• Like 1

Started wearing diapers within the first hour of being born and wore until potty trained.

Started wearing diapers again when I was 7 and spent a year trying to be put back into only to fail. Spent the next 9 years stealing diapers from the baby's room in our house ( Im 3 of 10 ), next 2 years I purchased my own diapers while still living at home, from age 18 to 56 I have worn diapers daily.

• Like 1

Never really got out of them IIRC.  Pretty prolific bedwetter up into my 30's.  I was fortunate enough to have parents that really didn't stigmatize diapers when I was younger.  I suspect my mom just didn't want to deal with wet sheets.  I don't wet the bed anymore unless I drink heavily....which I rarely do...but still enjoy wearing diapers.

These days I'll often diaper up when running errands or going to the movies.  With the Covid stuff, bathroom anxiety is kinda a thing around these parts so wearing diapers eliminates those concerns completely :D

I experimented with Depends and some other cheap adult diapers for a while in my 20s but didn't really get hooked or try "real" diapers until a couple of years ago... now the only thing keeping me from wearing full time is life circumstances. :)

It depends (ha ha) on how you define it.

If you define it based on when I should have been out of diapers but wasn't, I started wearing diapers when I was about 3 years and 6 months old.

If you define it based on when I started wearing diapers after infancy, that would have been when I was about 11 or 12 and had to go back into them for incon.

If you define it based on when I started wearing diapers without being completely incontinent, that would have been when I was 14 and was back to being mostly continent again; I still wore diapers for safety's sake on some occasions, and had accidents here and there.

If you define it based on when I started wearing diapers completely voluntarily without a pressing material need, that would have been just a hair before I turned 18.

About ten minutes old probably.

And after a brief respite (get it?) from about ages 3-12, I tried a diaper again one thanksgiving weekend at the family lake house where someone had left one in the room that had a crib in it. From there, the odd diaper episode when I had access to one, which was really just me holding it against myself and peeing.

It escalated to me faking bedwetting on and off from grades 8-11, wearing during the day when I could get away with it and buying them myself when I could. Stole a package of high quality diapers from a nursing home I volunteered at in 12th grade. I’d occasionally went to the lake house on my own and spent the weekend diapered through high school.

Had my own apartment beginning second semester of sophomore year of college and started wearing regularly. This is when I wore outside the house for the first time.

I became almost 24/7 about four years ago. Still pretty much in that phase, except wearing even more these last six months because I’m working from home. When the office reopens, I’m only going to go once a week, so my 24/7ness should continue with that minor exception and a few other places.