LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wellness site recommends Adult Diapers for social distancing

This article sounds like another ploy by a diaper manufacturer (Wellness - TENA)  to try and increase sales ala Depends "Underwearness" from a few years back.  In these times when businesses are struggling I can see their reasoning.  Companies have to survive and if anyone can plant a suggestion in people's mind for a new use for their product, good for them.  I cringe at the commercials all over the TV for items they are trying to sell in these times.  It's a contrary point of view.  They say to be safe but then advocate buying a new car and taking road trips and vacations saying it's time to start getting back out there.  And yes, none of the people in those commercials are wearing masks or socially distancing.  As the article said, add diapers to your mask wearing just in case.  Well, many of the people I see around the country are resisting mask wearing.  I do know most people do wear masks when they have to, but there are still people all over the country having parties, going to large gatherings and congregating on crowded beaches (some of them getting Covid-19 and dying due to not taking the virus seriously).  If they won't even wear a mask or social distance, you think they would be bothered by using a public restroom?

It's just interesting that Depends is the one company that probably is the synonym for adult diapers that just about everyone is aware of and uses, yet the two brands named in the article are Unique Wellness Underwear and Tena Stretch Ultra Briefs.  Because one is a small New York company and the other is a huge conglomerate in Sweden doesn't necessarily mean the writer of the article isn't somehow or someway promoting those specific brands and possibly getting some compensation for doing so.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

It's just interesting that Depends is the one company that probably is the synonym for adult diapers that just about everyone is aware of and uses, yet the two brands named in the article are Unique Wellness Underwear and Tena Stretch Ultra Briefs.  Because one is a small New York company and the other is a huge conglomerate in Sweden doesn't necessarily mean the writer of the article isn't somehow or someway promoting those specific brands and possibly getting some compensation for doing so.

The site is using an affiliate link to Unique Wellness, so they are being compensated for sales they refer.

The term for this practice that amuses me most is "astro-turfing": laying down a fake-grass-roots campaign for commercial or political advantage. 

My opinion of marketing is based very much on the Douglas Adams' school.

Don't be fooled people.  It will not become socially acceptable to pee in your pants any time soon pandemic or not.

• Like 1

Well, they only did it a bit half-assed as the TENA link goes to the regular Tena USA site without any wrapper.    I'm wondering if they didn't screw up and just copy someone else's affiliate link.

Yes, the first thing I do when I check "the top 5 something sites" is to see if they're just click-bait for a bunch of Amazon affiliate links.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, drynot said:

Well I tend to wholeheartedly agree!!!  Diapers work wonders for social distancing.  Just go out wearing nothing but a diaper.....no one will go anywhere near you. :D

Except maybe the guys in the white coats.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The last thing I want to see is a run on adult diapers like we inexplicably saw on toilet paper at the start of this pandemic. But I don't think that's likely. Although I, for one, have on a couple of occasions recently been thankful that I had a diaper on, because public restroom options are indeed in shorter supply than ever. For example, they've reopened conservation areas where I live, and people are free to come (by appointment) and hike or swim or kayak, but, they've decided not to open any of the restrooms, presumably out of liability concerns, and also probably occupational health & safety. I don't think it's a trend that's going to catch on, though - the necessity of "outgrowing" diapers is a deeply-ingrained teaching for most of us, making returning to them a deep-seated taboo. Which is a pity, really, because I'm sure a lot of people regard needing some kind of protection again as a failure, a sign of dependence and degradation, whereas I intend to thoroughly enjoy lounging around in diapers in my twilight years. 

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

The last thing I want to see is a run on adult diapers like we inexplicably saw on toilet paper at the start of this pandemic.

I was chatting with the proprietor of "Littles Downunder" as he is local to me and I will go there to pick up instead of mail order occasionally.  It was he that told me that there had been mild shortages of adult diapers because the material used for the leak guards is made on the same equipment that makes material used in respiratory masks.

I had to go into local Wendy's because they told me at drive through my item was not ready yet.  So, I went in and the seating area was completely cordoned off, you could only go through the queue and turn around to go out.  Do not use bathrooms, do not get ketchup etc..  Leave.

As were were sitting in car, noticed another car pull up.  A mother and young kid get out.  A few minutes later they came out with nothing.  I assume they were going to the bathroom, but there plates were in state.