LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about abnormal depression

I've been having mild/moderate depression despite there not seeming to be any reason for it.  My life is mostly stable and going in a positive direction but the depression still will not leave.  Has anyone experienced something similar and/or know of something that could help?

Edit:  To clarify, this has been going on for years.  I've already tried talking about this with my doctor, a couple of therapists, and my parents to no avail.  I'm not looking for an exact answer but really anything that would be relevant.

Edited by Firefly 35
Added some context and reworded question to better reflect what I'm looking for

Sometimes coming off a prolonged high, like the holiday season, is perceived as depression. A couple of decades ago there was the "post Christimas Depression" flap, but on further investigation, that proved to be not a thing. Long before shrinks, people called it "coming back down to earth". It could also be age-related as the brain re-configures itself in a stage of development. If it lasts more than a couple of months, as long as you aren't contemplating suicide, go see a professional about it, starting with your MD

6 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Sometimes coming off a prolonged high, like the holiday season, is perceived as depression. A couple of decades ago there was the "post Christimas Depression" flap, but on further investigation, that proved to be not a thing. Long before shrinks, people called it "coming back down to earth". It could also be age-related as the brain re-configures itself in a stage of development. If it lasts more than a couple of months, as long as you aren't contemplating suicide, go see a professional about it, starting with your MD

This has been going on for years, not just post-holidays.

4 hours ago, DailyDi said:

When everything was fine and I still was depressed was when I knew I had a problem. I would suggest talking to your doctor or a therapist.

I've already tried talking to both, neither of them were very helpful. 

I have neither the specialized knowledge, nor the diagnostic tools to go any furhter. I can only advise that you get in contact with the psychological community in your area. If it is serious enough to mention it, then it should be professionally evaluated by those with the knowledge and tools. If it is a minor thing they might recommend something like "thoughtstopping" and then filling the vacuum with something else, but that is just a "best guess" from what you have written

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/3/2020 at 2:28 AM, Firefly 35 said:

Seeing a professional is currently out of the question due to the pandemic.  If it becomes possible at some point I will.

I’ve been using the app BetterHelp. It’s covered by blue cross blue shield and it might be covered by other insurances. If not then it’s $65 a week. It’s completely online sessions with video calls so perfect for the pandemic 

Do you have anyone in your life a girlfriend maybe ?  I know until I found a friend I could talk with I was mostly to myself or my aunts, and we chat about everything. I worked before the pandemic and had a few people my age to chat with in person at work, I was always very social. I'm only 18 years old now, and learning more about me everyday. If you want to chat lets chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, it sounds like it's a biological/physical thing rather than external factors that could be rectified through therapy. I'd look for an opportunity to speak with a psychiatrist or your GP if you have a good one and ask about medication. You'll likely have to play with dosage and possibly medication to see what works for you. It's definitely helped me, keeping my much more moderate-severe depression into a mild-moderate if I get into a bad low given I have the biological imbalance AND external factors plus other diagnoses. 

3 hours ago, musicaddict said:

I'd look for an opportunity to speak with a psychiatrist or your GP if you have a good one and ask about medication

Already tried a few medications that my doctor perscribed, none of which helped.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 10:18 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Already tried a few medications that my doctor perscribed, none of which helped.

The psychology Department at the nearest college should be able to recommend a group of practicing psychologists for you to start with, who, if it mre physiological or "endogenousl", can steer you to those qualified to deal with that

Firefly35 it could be what i have been diagnosed with and thats chronic depression . it lasts 2 years or more. Then there is bi-polar but this bipolar your normal is everyones depressed and you drop out from there. I have no idea what to tell you will help. But i can tell you that no matter what your mind says your worth it and you belong

2 hours ago, Diapersissyboi said:

Firefly35 it could be what i have been diagnosed with and thats chronic depression . it lasts 2 years or more. Then there is bi-polar but this bipolar your normal is everyones depressed and you drop out from there. I have no idea what to tell you will help. But i can tell you that no matter what your mind says your worth it and you belong

Thanks.

• Like 1

In medicine and mental health, cases are treated as individual. No matter how alike they same to the clients. Two very similar sets of symptoms can have widely differening causes. Just vecause one person with a set of symptoms similar to anothers, and was diagnosed with a condition,that does not mean that the two could even be distantly related. both need to go through the diagnostic process before any comparison can be made. How many diseases are characterized by "flu-like symptoms", especially those c

aused by the "corona" family of viruses?

On 3/21/2021 at 4:33 PM, Little Christine said:

In medicine and mental health, cases are treated as individual. No matter how alike they same to the clients. Two very similar sets of symptoms can have widely differening causes. Just vecause one person with a set of symptoms similar to anothers, and was diagnosed with a condition,that does not mean that the two could even be distantly related. both need to go through the diagnostic process before any comparison can be made. How many diseases are characterized by "flu-like symptoms", especially those c

aused by the "corona" family of viruses?

That's not what I've experienced.  Often, doctors have pushed treatments that at best are ineffective and the list goes downhill from there.  Not just for mental health either.  If you have a doctor that will make a proper diagnosis like that, you must be very lucky. 

11 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

That's not what I've experienced.  Often, doctors have pushed treatments that at best are ineffective and the list goes downhill from there.  Not just for mental health either.  If you have a doctor that will make a proper diagnosis like that, you must be very lucky. 

As I said before, check with the Psycholocgy deartment at a loca or regionall college. They should be able to get you in contact with clinical resources. One of the local clinicians here was my Into Psych instructor