LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

In search of affordable diapers to fill in my stash!

Hi all! 
Currently, I am in search of cheaper diapers to flesh out my padding stash. I am not too much worried about them having top notch absorbency either. It's somewhat preferable to me that I can actually use them up before needing a change!
 I've been looking  at the tena ultra briefs so far, but the only medical brand diapers I've really tried have been the Northshores. I love Northshore, but I'm moreso in search of something "light" and that I can have MORE of for the price.
 Okay, with all that being said, they still need to be functional beyond 1 go. Those of you that have tried them, are Tenas worth the purchase? Do you have any other recommendations I could look into?

Thanks for your time in advance!

-Mew.

Check out any local thrift stores and the Goodwill.  I find most of my lower end store type brands there and I can get a bag of 18 large diapers for around $3 a package.  Sometimes they have larger quantities, 22 diapers per bag for about $4.  Most are cloth backed but sometimes I find plastic backed diapers like 4 tape Attends, McKesson, Prevail and others.  It just depends on what they have at the time.  If they don't have any, keep checking back every week or so.

• Like 1

A couple of inexpensive and decently reliable diaper solutions I have come up with are, first, Prevail 360 Breezers - I buy them by the case from an online "wellness" supplier, and they work out to less than a dollar a diaper. They are reasonably reliable, and also relatively slim, so I wear them for daytime use out of the house. They are a cloth-backed diaper, however. 

In terms of an inexpensive plastic diaper, the only ones I can find are Depends, and by themselves, they're not great, however, if you put a large toddler diaper in them as a stuffer, the capacity increases quite a bit. I've used Pampers Cruisers size 7 for the purpose, but if cost is the primary consideration, you can pick up a giant box of size 6 diapers from Costco, for example, or the store brand from Walmart, for a minimal per-diaper expense. I perforate the outer cover of the stuffer with a craft knife, making a few small incisions in rows every couple of inches - it only takes me maybe a minute. Doing that, I've made a plastic Depend last maybe 6 or 7 hours. The other modification you may want to consider is creating a landing zone for the tabs using packing tape; Depends are not made to be reopened without tearing the cover, so if you're fully committed to staying in that diaper, then don't worry about it, but if, as I do, you might want to take it off for #2, or to snug it up as time passes, once you've reinforced the front cover, the tapes stand up quite well to being moved or reapplied.

• Like 1

I know what you are looking for, as I am in the same kind of search. I love all the extended wear heavy duty ( doody?) Diapers like better drys and mega max ...but, I'd still like to find something that performs well, has all the features I like / want, but doesn't have to last 12 hours. 

To date, what I have found:

You ask about Tenas, and ( to me) they are....ok I guess. I don't get excited about them. *shrug* 

I have tried Wellness briefs repeatedly, and they seem to do well to "fill the gap". the superios are thin and descreet, they hold quite a bit, plastic backed, but no waist bands, but you can use them a couple of good times with out leaking. You can get a few hours out of them and....comperably speaking, they are priced ok.

" Total dry" products are nice also. They are affiliated with or owned by Bambino, but the product line is different. I always liked thier x_plus briefs. They are designed well, and have all the features I like, but are not an "extended wear product. They have lower grade / capacity briefs also if you want to go that route. Pricing is decent, but not "cheap" but from my experience with them,  they are a high quality and good performing product for the price. The down side is availability. I don't know what size you wear, but they are out of stock on several sizes,most notably,  mediums. 

If they had inventory, I would order more x_plus as they seem to have everything I like. ? Not really an "extended wear" item ,but something a bit less, that I can use more feequently, or don't feel bad if I don't use it to capacity etc. 

Another brand I recently tried are the Seni brand quatros and super plus. 

The quattro is an extended wear product, and I think one lasted me quit a while. The super plus though, performed well, held a good amount, but not nearly as much as the quatro! 

Both are cloth backed, full feature briefs, BUT... These are a European product (made in poland I think) and sizing is on the small side, so beware of that! I wear mediums in most everything, but medium Seni barely fit me....I have to switch to regulars if I wear to buy more. I do like them though. Quiet, good capicity, good over all quality, just a but of a fit issue. Cost wise, they are actually not bad. Xp medical has them by the bag of 25  for $39.90 or about $1.60 each...

Hope this helps!!! 

Qwack

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

For years I've kept stocked with cheap diapers from thrift stores, but those days are over for me.  I rarely ever come across anything but absorbent undergarments anymore.

Now I'm looking for cheap daily wear diapers that are discreet and will at least last about 4 hours.

I've just about gone through a case of Molicare Super Plus.  90 diapers for about 70 dollars.  They aren't overly absorbent, but super quiet and thin, good tapes.  Worked really well for me, but I'd like to try something different.  

I think case of Abena L4 from amazon is a great deal 36 diapers for 50 dollars, they are plastic backed, and I've found they work really well with a size 6 booster for 12+ hours.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, Sarah_Hillcrest said:

I think case of Abena L4 from amazon is a great deal 36 diapers for 50 dollars, they are plastic backed, and I've found they work really well with a size 6 booster for 12+ hours.

The Abena L4 punches above its weight for me too.  With a booster pad (Abrilet), they will last all day: an 8 - 10 hour shift with no problem at about 20% less price than say a Rearz Barnyard. 

I think this is due in part to their excellent wicking.  At change time, I find most of the padding is used.  The only caveat is that here they are cloth backed.  Unless I wear a compression garment / plastic pant over them, they will sag and fall down at the end of the day.  Also, the tapes can let go if over tightened.

The dreaded "Australia Tax" makes them (like most diapers) around 30% more expensive than in the USA though.  36 here would be closer to USD70 delivered.  At USD50 they'd be a bargain.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:50 PM, MewKittyKat said:

Hi all! 
Currently, I am in search of cheaper diapers to flesh out my padding stash. I am not too much worried about them having top notch absorbency either. It's somewhat preferable to me that I can actually use them up before needing a change!
 I've been looking  at the tena ultra briefs so far, but the only medical brand diapers I've really tried have been the Northshores. I love Northshore, but I'm moreso in search of something "light" and that I can have MORE of for the price.
 Okay, with all that being said, they still need to be functional beyond 1 go. Those of you that have tried them, are Tenas worth the purchase? Do you have any other recommendations I could look into?

Thanks for your time in advance!

-Mew.

Try the Seni Super Plus diapers. You can get them on Amazon for a reasonable price. They are very high quality diapers. I wear them as my primary daytime diapers..

• 2 months later...

I don't know if they're still around, but honestly I remember getting the plastic backed depends once, and for what you pay they aren't bad. Very thin, but they have the same look and feel, so they were decent bang for your buck. The paper back, on the other hand, were a miss. his was a few years past though, though might have changed them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Comftaire by medline used to be my go to for work.  Seeing a case of 96 for 50 bucks they're decent but you need a onesie or some tight underpants, or they sag.  Maybe 4hr changes.

They're quiet cloth backed with decent tapes.  Really stealthy.