LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Summer memories

What are your favorite childhood summertime memories? 

For me, it's going swimming at a relative's house. She had a huge in ground pool and we were all welcome to use it whenever. At any given time there were as many as 10-12 kids there and the pool was more than big enough for all of us and the yard was huge with plenty of room for kickball, baseball, or tag. Plus she had horseshoes and sometimes we would set up a net for volleyball or badminton. My parents would pack a cooler with sandwiches, snacks, and those fruit-flavored drinks in the little plastic barrels. We'd get there before lunch and stay til dusk, and at least one of us would fall asleep in the car on the way home. And of course at the beginning of summer it was always exciting to pick out a new swimsuit. 

Sometimes we would go to the lake instead. Again, my parents would pack a cooler and we'd bring a big bag of sand toys. Still go to that same beach with my siblings and friends and it always brings back memories. Sadly the house with the pool was sold years ago.

I can remember one of the best trips I took when I was 13 yrs old. We took a trip out west to see the Grand Canyon which was awesome. Also taking trips down to North Carolina, and visiting the smokie mountains. Camping in the mountains while in North Carolina with my cousins. 

On 7/19/2020 at 12:42 PM, Little Lindsey said:

For me, it's going swimming at a relative's house. She had a huge in ground pool and we were all welcome to use it whenever. At any given time there were as many as 10-12 kids there and the pool was more than big enough for all of us and the yard was huge with plenty of room for kickball, baseball, or tag. Plus she had horseshoes and sometimes we would set up a net for volleyball or badminton. 

The neighbor's pool is also one of my fondest memories.  We were in Georgia, so it got warm.  The family up the street had an in-ground pool.  The youngest daughter and I were the same age.  Her sisters were the same age as my older sister.  So it was perfect. 

It was a lot of fun.  When I became a teenager, the fun changed a little from playful to pubescent exploration.  Ah year, summertime.  

Joey

On 7/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

Long vacations by car in the western US.

Question is, did anyone ever get put in diapers during car trips, even after they were “potty trained”?

Growing up in Kansas, where the winters are long and deadening, summer was the time to come alive and really do a full year's worth of living. What I remember most from my play age of 8 is not being bathed or having to change clothes very often, to stay covered with sweat and grime and stinky from wearing the same underpants day after day. The only bath would have been a trip to the swimming pool.

Barefoot all the time and fearless about hot pavement and broken glass. And being able to pee in the bushes.

I Just remember playing in the garden with my sister, we use to make up loads of games with out imaginations, one that was fun was when our mum had put washing on the washing line and we'd pretend that running through the sheets took us into other worlds