LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

autonomic neuropathy

Hello, I am being tested for Autonomic neuropathy. Anyone know anything about this condition?  I have had a few accidents and have been told it might be the cause..

Are you diabetic?    That's not an uncommon condition in diabetics.   It is the reason my son is incontinent (among other issues that came with it).

has been suffering from diabetes for two years.
I also had diabetic neuropathy.
I was unable to cure diabetic neuropathy and reduce its symptoms.
I had leg pain, it wasn't ordinary pain, it was older pain.
I couldnt sleep at night,
finally I went to a neurologist and got a referral to the hospital.
I'm glad that I can finally live without pain.

if I didn't get to the hospital I would still suffer.

10 minutes ago, Anastazja said:

has been suffering from diabetes for two years.
I also had diabetic neuropathy.
I was unable to cure diabetic neuropathy and reduce its symptoms.
I had leg pain, it wasn't ordinary pain, it was older pain.
I couldnt sleep at night,
finally I went to a neurologist and got a referral to the hospital.
I'm glad that I can finally live without pain.

if I didn't get to the hospital I would still suffer.

I don't have any pain, just no feeling in the area around my bladder and very little bladder control during the day and none at night.

Yes, I have autonomic neuropathy. I clarify as this has a different cause than diabetic neuropathy, even if the end result is the same.

I do not have diabetes or pre diabetes.

My neuropathy falls under the dysatonimia umbrella. It presents as widespread, peripheral, and small fiber neuropathy.

I experience pain, numbness, and control issues in most of my body. From my eyes, to my arms, legs, and bladder. It is my understanding if the root cause of the dysatonimia (which we have yet to determine despite our best efforts) can be resolved and/or treated that the nerve damage can reverse and the body heal.

When it comes to continence I have a neurogenic bladder, partial emptying, mixed incontinence, and more recently the rapid degradation of sensation. I have been told to expect a continuing degradation of nerve function and increases in the spread of the nerve damage.

I also have POTS, mast cell activation syndrome, delayed gastric emptying and IBS (no fecal incontinence however, just lots of GI pain). I have cerebral palsy and disc degeneration.

There are meds and lifestyle changes that can help with the dysatonimia but the condition itself is not greatly understood and can be progressive, static, and flareable (I made up that last word). If the root cause can be determined and treated there is a much more likely chance of recovery. Though personally I’m not holding my breath for my own case...and not just because doing so right now would lead me to sudden fainting :P