LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

i have autism and special needs im sorry i ask this so much im just scared and have bad anxiety i have too get 5 dental fillings done and it going take over 3 hours as a few of the fillings are bigger, i am going get fully numbed up too , i am going ask for laughing gas too it may be needed maybe they might offer a cool smell too it, they strap me down too every vist so i will be in a rainbow papoose board with hand straps im not sure may have a head strap too , im going wear comfy shorts and a coool shirt , i may bring my tablet and stuffed animal a small one , if i get gas will i sleep the whole vist, im scared if you can tell , will the papoose board be safe, its a padded papoose board, will i sweat, will the hand straps hurt, if i get gas what scent should i ask for , will i need too wear a pull up im dry just asking im hoping you are kind and offer support

ok, CHILL OUT, i understand your fears but remember the dentist is a professional, and wants to be as painless as possible, ive had MANY fillings, a root canal and a crown, the root canal was the most painful but the fillings and crown not that bad. im autistic too, so i can understand your anxiety, but i think you posted this before and didnt bother replying, still ill give advice to make things easier, the first thing is BREATHE, not just then but NOW, ITS GONNA BE OK. to get you numb they will use a gel to help you tolerate a needle into your gum, my advice is tell them (well ask) to just leave the q tip thing in the cheek where the needle will go, instead of just rubbing and discarding, its ok to have it rubbed there but have them leave it, the gum/cheek tissue will absorb more of the numbing stuff, and you might not even feel the needle, i typically dont when done that way, all i hear is "open please" and the shot is in without me feeling even a little prick. im big on gas, but im not familiar with them offering scents, this is the first ive heard of it, its possible you will sleep, but i only rarely lost any consciousness, but that is ok, because its safe there and the gas is relaxing. i dont know about the papoose board, i doubt you will sweat, i doubt any straps will hurt at all, if wearing a diaper will make you feel better, then wear it, the stuffed animal is a good idea if you are that scared, only because it helps relieve stress, but there isnt anything to be scared of, and having a toothache because of NOT going is much worse than you think a visit could be, especially if you get an attractive assistant sitting with you. some dentists use iv or blue pill sedation, you might consider something like that, and the last thing is this: RELAX, you will live, i promise you, you will live. let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Like feralfreak already mentioned, there's always sedation dentistry.  No one likes going to the dentist. I sympathize with the fear.   If you're terrified to the point of needing strapped down, sedation dentistry is something to think about.  And talking with a therapist to help work through/ get coping techniques for the fear/ anxiety. 

• Like 1
On 6/26/2020 at 10:48 PM, goodnites10 said:

i have autism and special needs im sorry i ask this so much im just scared and have bad anxiety i have too get 5 dental fillings done and it going take over 3 hours as a few of the fillings are bigger, i am going get fully numbed up too , i am going ask for laughing gas too it may be needed maybe they might offer a cool smell too it, they strap me down too every vist so i will be in a rainbow papoose board with hand straps im not sure may have a head strap too , im going wear comfy shorts and a coool shirt , i may bring my tablet and stuffed animal a small one , if i get gas will i sleep the whole vist, im scared if you can tell , will the papoose board be safe, its a padded papoose board, will i sweat, will the hand straps hurt, if i get gas what scent should i ask for , will i need too wear a pull up im dry just asking im hoping you are kind and offer support

@goodnites10 To answer your questions:

I think the papoose board will be safe.  If it's padded it will probably be comfortable, hand straps as well.  Laughing gas mostly just makes people kind of sleepy and not feel being touched.  Any scent should be fine, and it only makes you sleepy when it's being applied.  You can wear a pull up if you want to and it might be helpful.  I hope your procedure goes well.