LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My journey to 24x7

14 minutes ago, oznl said:

I have an annual medical examination tomorrow for which it would be impossible to be in nappies undetected.  At this stage I plan NOT to wear although this will most likely mean being unpadded for nearly two hours which previous experience is suggesting might be the upper range of my endurance now.  I still don't quite know what to do about informing my medical carers.

I'm curious if there will come a time when you've lost enough function to make it through such an appointment, forcing you to come clean. Can I ask, have you thought about that, or how will that discussion may go? 

As someone reminded me recently, GPs are bound by confidentiality. They cannot tell anyone what you share with them unless it constitutes an immediate danger to yourself or someone else. As you're clearly functioning well, they cannot legally say anything without your explicit consent. 

In my case, I'm not going backward. My nappy wearing and usage is only increasing, and I expect incontinence will increase. My GP's reaction to the two isolated incidents of real incontinence (excluding the usual dribbles and leaking that happens) was a suprise. If it continues to get worse, well, they've already spoken about ordering MRIs etc. They mentioned that they need to investigate (or offer to at least) to avoid malpractice. I don't want such investigations, and my reaction to incontinence is quite incongruent with my GPs. I would also assume most vanillas would be alarmed if experiencing the same, where I'm obviously not. If I was a little more honest and admitted to finding nappies a comfort and stating that incontinence isn't a worry in the least, I'm curious what they would say. I suspect that conversation will happen at some stage in my future.

32 minutes ago, oznl said:

I own one babykins prefold but to be honest, I've found it a bit wanting.  Perhaps it will work better with female anatomy. 

I'll let you know how it all works out. They do seem to be a bit basic, and I could see what looked like a wool absorbant layer through a hold in one of them (which I had to sew closed). Either way, they're cute as feck, and I'll test them out thoroughly. Thank you also for the suggestion of the terry nappies. I'll see how I go, as I've alredy bought a bunch of terry for some DIY boosters and absorbancy layers. If I need more, BigW will be getting a visit.

37 minutes ago, oznl said:

I still savor waking up in wet nappies with an empty bladder every morning: I've never grown bored with it.

Amen! 

On 9/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, sparklezBear said:

I'm curious if there will come a time when you've lost enough function to make it through such an appointment, forcing you to come clean. Can I ask, have you thought about that, or how will that discussion may go?

That’s an excellent question.  I’m still working on an excellent answer.  I’ve kicked this psychological can down the road a few times now and so far, my daytime continence has always stepped up to the mark.  Last night was an “alcohol” night as whilst I was pretty wet overnight, I was if anything, a bit dehydrated come morning anyway.  I changed out of my night nappy at 7:45, made the appointment for 8:30 and was back in a nappy by 9:45.  It felt odd not wearing and I was a little uncomfortable when I got home (I felt a pee urge for the first time in a while) but I immediately wet myself once I had the nappy on (it wasn’t even that much, I’m just a bit damp) and everything is fine again as I type this.

The routine appointment did uncover something and unfortunately, there’s going to be follow up work: such is mid 50s…

The more likely scenario is that I’ll be admitted to hospital for something and accidentally wet the bed or at best, have raging nocturia which less face it, was making its presence felt even before I took to nappies.

I just don’t know what to say to a practitioner.  I have no interest in wasting their time on pointless urology but I suppose faced with solid and consistent symptoms, I think I should have to have some basic checks done to establish that nothing serious was wrong.  Prostate cancer has killed a number of my paternal ancestors and some of the symptoms can include urgency, leaking and nocturia all of which could be equally explained by long term nappy habituation.

I think I’d have to say: “this is happening, let’s just check that it’s nothing life threatening and if not, move along and let sleeping dogs lie.  I can manage this.”

On 9/14/2020 at 10:11 AM, oznl said:

everything is fine again as I type this.

Glad to hear it. I can't even imagine how odd that must have felt without wearing a proper nappy.

The more likely scenario is that I’ll be admitted to hospital for something and accidentally wet the bed or at best, have raging nocturia which less face it, was making its presence felt even before I took to nappies.

From the other side of that hypothetical conversation, it's a total non issue, and is actually more common than you might think. While probably not the first suggestion, wearing nappies (err pads) is a recommendation that is made. In the shoes of a patient, I'd be asking for a nappy. 

I think I’d have to say: “this is happening, let’s just check that it’s nothing life threatening and if not, move along and let sleeping dogs lie.  I can manage this.”

The minimilist approach, I like it :).

Another week, another update. Although if this week had to have a mascot, it would have been a pair of swiss-cheese-plastic-pants. I've experienced more leaks than ever before, although perhaps this is just due to 24/7 wearing and use for more than a week now. I've washed my sheets and mattress protector 4 times, and had to replace several pairs of pants during the day. Not that events are without lessons to take away. Investigations have revealed a few problems.

First, nappies. Starting with disposables, I've found that the Nateens and Tenas both suffer from press-out leakage. If I'm on my feet and then go to sit without a high degree of care then I can expect my plastics to be tested. If and when they fail, I need to replace my pants. In my search for an adequate daytime medical nappy, I purchased some Abena Comfort M3, which advertise a high degree of leak control. I was skeptical due to my history of leaks with the Abena Premium, but hopeful. Putting them to the test, they passed a few days testing without any leaking! The down side is, they swell quite a bit when fairly wet, ergo they're not exactly discreet. Since they're still more discreet than a wet patch on my pants, I'm happy to nominate them for my daytime medical (working) nappy. With respect to leaks from other nappies, and particularly for night time usage, leak guards are important. If one is snagged and not lifted prior to taping up, you will have a leak. I've become more diligent in checking now :). 

I've also managed to leak from cloth nappies this week. There seems to be a mix of problems, from capacity to ill-fitting plastic pants. The cloth nappies I've been trying to weave in my routine are the babykins nighttime prefolds, with the babykins boosters. My first night with them (after washing a few times) was one booster and the prefold. Everything held up fine up until I went to bed, then it leaked straight out the back. I woke in the middle of the night to a puddle, hopping into a disposable on a couple of towels to get through the night. Not pleasant. Determined not to repeat this, I bought some terry nappies from BigW to use as inserts, washing them prior to use. With two terry inserts in the prefold, I was waddling. Pinning up right before bed on an empty bladder, I still woke up with wet sheets, although much more minor. Weighing the damage in the morning put me at about 1500-1600ml in the nappy, excluding what ever leaked out. It seemed liked the prefold had about 800-900ml, and the terry inserts had the rest.

While capacity was struggling, the plastic pants are also a problem. Specifically the Gary pants. All of the Gary PVC pants are ill-fitting for my thin legs. They don't even come close to creating a barrier. The size information on Littles Downunder says that they should fit my 18.5" legs, but information from other sites (CTD for example) state bigger measurements. I suspect the information on LDU is incorrect. By comparison, the Gary ActiveWear briefs are fine, as are the Haian plastic pants I use. However the Haian pants don't quite fit over the bulk of a prefold with two boosters. I also have one pair of babykins plastic pants however, and while they fit, they aren't wick-proof and not ideal for night wear. So now I sit here in a disposable under Haian plastics, confident in their ability to see me through till morning even if I have another night of heavy wetting.

After this experience so far, I'm feeling a bit silly and naive. I've obviously more research to do into cloth before I make make it a mainstay of my routine, and I need to acquire some properly fitting plastic pants. From the options available, it looks like the babykins enclosed plastics will be the go, but they're super expensive from Australia. Perhaps there are other options?

Can anyone recommend some plastic pants that have a good fit at the waist and legs with ample room for a bulky cloth nappy? Suprima and Gary pants are only suited to people with bigger legs it seems.

3 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

Can anyone recommend some plastic pants that have a good fit at the waist and legs with ample room for a bulky cloth nappy?

i wear polyurethane pants from Arizona Care here in the UK (the original 'high waist' ones - see website).  Very comfortable, and they last a long time.  My waist is about 34 inches, and the Large size works fine for me with a 4ft terry square and a soaker.  The leg holes measure 38 cm circumference unstretched, & the waist 62 cm.  That's my measurements of a pair that have been washed a fair few times, not the website measurements.  I wear these all the time, and rarely leak unless I've really wet my nappy until it's saturated.

I hope this is of some help.  It takes time to find what really works best for you.

6 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

After this experience so far, I'm feeling a bit silly and naive. I've obviously more research to do into cloth before I make make it a mainstay of my routine, and I need to acquire some properly fitting plastic pants. From the options available, it looks like the babykins enclosed plastics will be the go, but they're super expensive from Australia. Perhaps there are other options?

If you can live with the appearance, a waterproof bloomer is your best option for minimizing nighttime leg leakage.  Solution often used by moms back in the day and the one I prefer is rolling the plastic pant leg and waist elastics back under the diaper forming a barrier against leakage.  This works, it really works.

http://www.fetware.com/durasoft-vinyl-bloomer-p-42.html

My experience has been that some degree of leakage is just a fact of life in nappies.  Over time I’ve learned to minimise them quite a bit but they still happen.  It’s more about insurance: plastic pants and for high risk scenarios (long haul air travel), lined plastic pants.  Dark clothing also helps.

I’ve had no joy at all with Tena.  I only tried a couple of packs and could never trust them with complete bladder loads.

A compression pant of some description can significantly help disguise a bulkier (better) nappy.  I’ll usually wear a BetterDry during the day and my partner can’t easily tell.

With respect to your night nappies, in comparison to me, you are a very heavy wetter.  Average night nappy load is 1150ml over a 14.5 hour shift (n = 113).

I'm not convinced that you have a plastic pant problem instead of a product absorbency problem.  Your plastic pants are designed to keep wet cloth away from dry cloth.  I don't think any plastic pant i have handles free fluid sloshing around in there very well in bed due to press-out.  I think I previously mentioned, my single Babykins pre-fold is not in regular rotation due to poor absorbency.  If I filter my database by “night”, “cloth” and utilisation of “> 1400 ml” the data says:

Product tare (g)
Dry weight
gross (g)
Change weight
payload (ml) use case Time on Time off Duration (hrs) ml/hr ml per kg per hour padding usage (octets) visible leakage comment Weekday
Rearz cloth Omutsu XL + booster 612 2127 1515 night 7/08/2020 17:45 8/08/2020 8:45 15 101 0.84 8 Minor uncontained small leak at right outer thigh - damp patch on pyjama pant and bed Friday Night
Babykins cotton + terry pull on 846 2330 1484 night 9/08/2020 18:00 10/08/2020 10:15 16.25 91.32308 0.76 8 nil alcohol Sunday Night
60" sq terry + 24" sq terry stuffer 926 2786 1860 night 28/08/2020 17:30 29/08/2020 8:30 15 124 1.03 8 nil alcohol Friday Night
60" sq terry + 24" sq terry stuffer 1023 2497 1474 night 4/09/2020 17:30 5/09/2020 8:45 15.25 96.65574 0.81 8 nil alcohol Friday Night
60" sq terry + 24" sq terry stuffer 935 2598 1663 night 11/09/2020 18:45 12/09/2020 8:45 14 118.7857 0.99 8 nil alcohol Friday Night
60" sq terry + 24" sq terry stuffer 1013 2667 1654 night 18/09/2020 17:15 19/09/2020 8:45 15.5 106.7097 0.89 8 nil alcohol Friday Night

This pretty well aligns with my gut feel.  For high volume wetting, the only combo that is 100% reliable in bed is the kite or Chinese folded 60” x 60” terry square with high waist Gary plastic pants: that’s a LOT of nappy.  Not something you’d be popping out to the shops in.  btw, I do not drink alcohol every night.  The filtered data is just showing that alcohol in the evening is a strong predictor of a very wet night.

Given your nappy-zone anatomy, you may well get away with an Omutsu cloth with a terry stuffer.  I have plenty of dry-bed nights with the Omutsu but not tested to such high volume.  @Newbee has reported success with that combo although I'm not sure what she's using for plastic pants.

For disposable night use at that volume, I’d forget the Tena and again, think about a BetterDry.  In bed I wear disposables under terry-lined waterproofs (insurance).  This has proved a highly reliable combination.  I still leak occasionally but the terry lining on my waterproofs handles it instead of the sheets.

I have quite a few pairs of the Babykins encased plastic pants.  They are very well made however their waist height is marginal for a bulky cloth nappy.  I've experienced minor leaks in bed with them due to them riding up at the sides of my thighs to slightly expose the wet nappy beneath.  I'll use them with cloth during the day at home where I can keep an eye on them.  They are expensive but they are also good.

Hope this data helps.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:46 AM, Stroller said:

i wear polyurethane pants from Arizona Care here in the UK (the original 'high waist' ones - see website).  Very comfortable, and they last a long time.  My waist is about 34 inches, and the Large size works fine for me with a 4ft terry square and a soaker.  The leg holes measure 38 cm circumference unstretched, & the waist 62 cm.  That's my measurements of a pair that have been washed a fair few times, not the website measurements.  I wear these all the time, and rarely leak unless I've really wet my nappy until it's saturated.

I hope this is of some help.  It takes time to find what really works best for you.

Thank you for the recommendation @Stroller. Unfortunately they're out of stock of the medium size, but they do seem ideal. I'll keep a watch on occasion.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:30 AM, WBxx said:

If you can live with the appearance, a waterproof bloomer is your best option for minimizing nighttime leg leakage.  Solution often used by moms back in the day and the one I prefer is rolling the plastic pant leg and waist elastics back under the diaper forming a barrier against leakage.  This works, it really works.

http://www.fetware.com/durasoft-vinyl-bloomer-p-42.html

Isn't that something! ?. I can't say that I like the look of them at all. I'll keep the suggestion in the back of my mind while I order some of the babykins ones.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:26 AM, oznl said:

A compression pant of some description can significantly help disguise a bulkier (better) nappy.  I’ll usually wear a BetterDry during the day and my partner can’t easily tell.

In cooler months, jeans tends to be a staple of mine. With a size larger jean, and a playdayz or preschool, I can tell I'm padded. I'm not sure if vanillas can, but there's certainly a change in the momentment of ones butt when padded. It goes from jiggly to unmoving. Also, I have a lean frame, so anything extra kind of sticks out. Anyway, I try to conceal my behind with longer tops, but there's usually a part sticking out. Next winter, I'll see about jeans in larger or more relaxed fits may work with my frame. During warmer months, dresses and skirts hide whatever nappy I'd like to wear.

With respect to your night nappies, in comparison to me, you are a very heavy wetter.  Average night nappy load is 1150ml over a 14.5 hour shift (n = 113).

The heavy night wetting is only temporary while I'm trying to hopelessly ingrain bedwetting. Right before bed I trink a cup of tea and 500ml water. Incidentally, last night was the first in weeks that I woke up to a full bladded and dry nappy during the night ?. So I've a bit further to go to make this permanent.

I'm not convinced that you have a plastic pant problem instead of a product absorbency problem.  Your plastic pants are designed to keep wet cloth away from dry cloth.  I don't think any plastic pant i have handles free fluid sloshing around in there very well in bed due to press-out.

Perhaps it's just my chosen night disposable nappy (Pink Rebels), but they do leak now and then. Typically they leak from the back of the legs when there are larger releases of fluid. Most of the time the Haian plastic pants catch and contain however. I wouldn't say there's fluid sloshing around, but certainly a number of drops. This is something the Gary pants don't deal with at all. Anything coming out of the nappy while laying in bed goes straight into my bed. For cloth, I understand it's a different use case, but I suspect there will be moments of extraneous fluid until it's absorbed. In such moments, I cannot trust the Gary pants. The Babykins pants do close up around my legs and seem to handle this better.

Given your nappy-zone anatomy, you may well get away with an Omutsu cloth with a terry stuffer.  I have plenty of dry-bed nights with the Omutsu but not tested to such high volume.  @Newbee has reported success with that combo although I'm not sure what she's using for plastic pants.

I've been shying away from the Omutsu nappies because of the difficulty in drying and due to the velcro. Ideally I'd like a cloth nappy to last as long as possible, and I read that others find the velcro starts to fail after only months of use. Following the post above, I ordered a nighttime prefold from Rearz. I'm hoping this will be more absorbant than the Babykins. If this turns out to be a bust, then I'll probably go the route of terry.

In bed I wear disposables under terry-lined waterproofs (insurance)

I've been considering the terry lined pants a lot. I did order some previously, but they don't fit at the legs again. This is the same for the Gary ones, they're too big at the legs. Babykins however have some simple terry pullups that I can put over the top of any disposable, with any plastics such as my loved Haian over the top. I'll be ordering those today I think. I suspect they will become a mainstay for places like work where I cannot leak.

Otherwise thankyou for your evidence based suggetions on nappies ?.

10 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

the velcro starts to fail after only months of use

That seems to be true of all velcro.  I've got velcro nappies from 2 different suppliers, and the velcro doesn't last as long as the nappies.  You need to plan on replacing the velcro periodically - about every year for me, or about every 100 washes.

51 minutes ago, Stroller said:

That seems to be true of all velcro.  I've got velcro nappies from 2 different suppliers, and the velcro doesn't last as long as the nappies.  You need to plan on replacing the velcro periodically - about every year for me, or about every 100 washes.

I didn't consider replacing the velcro, I suppose that's viable too. Thank you for the suggestion.

2 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

I didn't consider replacing the velcro, I suppose that's viable too. Thank you for the suggestion.

You're welcome.  And in case you don't know already, always wash velcro with the velcro fastened up as it will be when you wear it.  If you don't, the velcro will last no time at all.

My two week stint of 24x7 nappy use is coming to an end. Looking back, it's been truly wonderful and has further cemented my nappy clad future. Even with the leaks and other trials. Tomorrow I'm back at work, resuming my routine of underutilised padding.

Since my last reply, I've been back in cloth at night, although a little more careful about fluid intake before bed. With a Babykins prefold and two inserts, I've been waking up soaked but leak free. I'm still learning to best methods for laundering, but getting there. There's also been a strong plasticy smell coming from the Gary plastic pants overnight, particularly after rinsing. It dissipates partially after throwing them in the wash howeve. A friend suggested this is the smell of the plastic breaking down slowly. If that is the case, or even if not, so far the Babykins plastics don't seem to have the same odour about them. I've also ordered more Babykins plastics for cloth overnight since they fit me much better around the legs than Gary plastics. Now that cloth is taking the leading role at night, I'll be looking to introducing cloth to daywear when the Babykins day prefolds arrive. At least when I'm not working that is

How this last fortnight has impacted my continence has yet to be seen, although I've had a couple more instances of minor but genuine incontinence while changing, a promising sign perhaps. At work I will go back to wearing the Depend pullups, and if more incontinence ensues, I'll upgraded to Abena pullups. Reflecting back on something I said some months ago where I felt like I would use any nappy worn even if at work, it seems I can wear at work without using. That's somewhat a relief, particularly while I'm trying to diminish my continence. 

In other news, my little side is continuing to flourish. I've been acquiring some more playful and little-capable clothing, and taking advantage of sales including the ODU 50% sale. I can hardly wait to outfit my little room, which I expect will take the better part of a month for just the basics. It will be very worth the effort in the end I hope. Where possible, I'm going to try and slowly introduce cute but appropriate things into my adult life too. Some colourful socks for example. 

That about wraps this week up.

• Like 2

Jumping in here with night time wetting. On my first/second/third attempts at gaining nighttime incontinence I tried the drinking loads of water before bed approach which they suggested in the Diaper Training Program. This would result in me waking up shorty after with a bursting bladder and unable to relax my sphincter meaning I had to get out of bed and wet, this often saturating my nappy which then needed to be then changed.

Over time while wearing during the day I would concentrate at wetting and keeping my sphincter completely relaxed trying not to clench. This was hard to do as my sphincter would reflexively clench as soon as I started to pee. I would have to concentrate to un-relax it then wet. Urine would build up meaning I always flooded, after wetting I always reflexively clenched shut again, had a bit of stinging as well. 

I practiced and practiced not clenching and remaining completely relaxed. It took some time to be able to wet freely, it was a slow progression in my wetting abilities. I know wet in dribbles and gushes without automatically clenching, this is throughout the day and my nappies hold up pretty good without leaks. I can wear a Tena Slip Plus for hours without leaking because I'm wetting in dribbles. I never flood now.

Back to the night time wetting I practiced wetting while lying down, this keeping my sphincter relaxed and open. That took some doing but after a while I was able to wet lying on my back, then I started lying on my side, surprisingly I took to wetting lying on my side much easier than on my back. I can now wet in any position in dribbles and gushes. Before bed I have a glass of water and when I awake I made the habit of wetting then falling back to sleep. When I can remember its only a gush or dribble, I do this multiple times a night and I wake up in a wet nappy. I noticed when I turn over I have involuntary dribbling  I wear BetterDry during the night and they never leak even when sleeping on my side.

I'm not IC as I have strong bing/purge cycles and in a purge always retrain myself but have never lost my ability to wet at the slightest urge when wearing nappies or even when lying in bed. I have lost some continence. 

Also since my antipsychotic medication change my libedo has come back and I've been in a binge constantly wearing for 6 weeks straight. Got the constant urge to pee all the time. When pee is in my bladder it feels uncomfortable. Got post post micturition dribble also with weak stream. I have to actively clench my sphincter when out of nappies.

This last week has been very busy, working all but one day. It's been punishing, although I'm very happy to be a health worker in the time of covid. Next week won't be quite so busy, but still a tough slog.

I've now received my babykins cloth daytime nappies, and initial testing is good when used with a couple of inserts. They still don't hold as much as a good capacity disposable, but they seem pretty reliable and comfortable. So long as I don't need to go out, they may become my preferred daytime nappy. Although on days when I'm working these extended shifts, I don't have the time to deal with cloth. On those days and nights, I will probably just use disposables. Sorry environment, but I need that extra hour of time until I get back to normal shifts :(.

Closer to my bed, my bedwetting has not only returned to normal, but improved. So far this week, 7/7 mornings I've woken wet without any memory, and three of those I've also woken to an empty bladder rather than a partial bladder after wetting at some point. I'm guessing that I'm starting to wet when my bladder is only partially full. Or so the theory goes. Regardless of the reason, I'm very happy with this development and hope it continues.

With respect to developing daytime incontinence, unfortunately there has been little change to my work-time continence. Except for one small leak involuntarily, there's been nothing. To develop this further, I would need to ramp up my efforts consideably I think. However, that is also at odds with my current temporary workplace where it's not possible to change mid shift. As such, I'm not sure I have much choice currently. This workplace won't last forever however. One way or another, I'll be giving this more thought and looking for any leg-up I can reach.

One tired little girl, heading to bed.

13 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

I've now received my babykins cloth daytime nappies, and initial testing is good when used with a couple of inserts. They still don't hold as much as a good capacity disposable, but they seem pretty reliable and comfortable.

Ooh, which ones did you get?  How long did the shipping take in these strange times?  One of my favorite night time combos is the below, inexpensive, sustainable and effective but the 20700 can be a pain to get dry:

KINS Pull-On Cotton Adult Cloth Diaper 20700      
KINS Double Layer Terry Pull-On Pant 100% Cotton Adult Diaper 20850      
On 10/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, oznl said:

Ooh, which ones did you get?  How long did the shipping take in these strange times?  One of my favorite night time combos is the below, inexpensive, sustainable and effective but the 20700 can be a pain to get dry:

KINS Pull-On Cotton Adult Cloth Diaper 20700      
KINS Double Layer Terry Pull-On Pant 100% Cotton Adult Diaper 20850      

I bought a number of the KINS Original Flat Prefold Adult Diaper 10100 prefolds. Shipping took about 2-3 weeks. Mind you, I ordered from the babykins Ebay store which advertised air shipping as opposed to ground (ocean) shipping from the babykins store. By comparison, another order I had made through the babykins store some days later is somewhere on a boat right now.

Except for some ill-fitting Sweet Dreams lined pants bought a while ago, I've still not bought any lined plastic pants. Instead I've taken to a cheaper option, using of a couple of pairs of normal cotton briefs under plastic pants. They don't really absorb much, but it's enough to stop typical leaks in testing thus far. In the future I may try to sew my own simple flannel briefs to do that job. Still. I'd only be wearing those while in public or at work where leaks are most unwelcome.

Drying wise, I mostly dry everything in the dryer on account of being in suburbia with low fences all around. They do need an extra-dry cycle though.

I'm slightly late for my weekly update on account of work. This update I wanted to reflect on my achievements, where I've come from, and where I'm at now.

Back in May 2020, prior to this thread, I purchased my first pack of nappies in many years after feeling the urge stronger than before. Over the following month, I began to come to terms with my diaper lover, accepting that this was never going away, that my only choice was forward. With a deep desire to wear 24/7, I began to contemplate what a fully padded life might look like, seeking information and stories here and elsewhere, culminating in this thread.

Since June, I have changed so many things. I have:

• Spent so much money
  • Connected with several people in the ABDL space
  • Moved to a more appropriate (private) place where I can wear nappies in peace
  • Changed my wardrobe to accommodate some bulk throughout the year.
  • Bought and used so many different types of nappies, cloth and disposable.
  • Become a bedwetter. 
  • Discovered and accepted my little, nurtured with paci's, bottles, cute clothes and more.
  • Started discussions with my doctor for genuine incontinence (with no intent on treating it)
  • Started investigations for other medical problems potentially impacted by incontinence.

In 4 short months, this is nothing short of a whirlwind and I do feel accomplished. It also reflects the internal urgency to live authentically, to be nappy dependent. In this regard, my course hasn't changed. I'm forging ahead to become 24/7 and nappy dependent with appropriate caution to protect my livelihood and means to fund my nappy-clad life. Today, I'm padded in some form or other 24/7, although I only use outside of work for now. 

I also want to acknowledge this place and other communities in the ABDL space. They have been instrumental resources in achieving the above, and I could not have done it alone. 

Of all of my achievements, I'm so thankful to be a bedwetter. Waking to a wet and warm nappy is the best feeling I've ever known. I want to wake just like this for the rest of my life. I would also like to think that my strategies and experiences can help others to achieve the same. 

Looking back at the past week, things have more or less continued unabated with some noteworthy news. One diagnostic test did reveal a likely cause for my genuine daytime urinary incontinence that I've experienced at times. Unfortunately surgical intervention is probably required, although I've yet to have those discussions. Without going into detail, in the case surgery is required, incontinence is a possible complication. I've been considering using this as an opportunity, but really need more information before I can make decisions and plans.

An interesting couple of months ahead I suspect.

• Like 2

Hi sparklezBear...

I've been following your postings here with much interest, as I too would like to be diaper dependent also.

I HAVE been a bedwetter for several years now, and decided this spring that I wanted to finally have it listed in my medical records. After seeing my primary doctor and 2 Urologists, and having several tests done, I'm happy to now have ENURESIS listed in my permanent medical record as an "Active Problem" I find it kind of exciting to know everytime  I go to see the doctor, someone on the staff will pull up my records on the computer, and see that I am a bedwetter. 

And as you know, waking up in wet diapers every morning is just the best feeling ever!!

On 10/12/2020 at 3:23 PM, Diapered Dave said:

I HAVE been a bedwetter for several years now, and decided this spring that I wanted to finally have it listed in my medical records. After seeing my primary doctor and 2 Urologists, and having several tests done, I'm happy to now have ENURESIS listed in my permanent medical record as an "Active Problem" I find it kind of exciting to know everytime  I go to see the doctor, someone on the staff will pull up my records on the computer, and see that I am a bedwetter. 

While I've told my doctor that I do wet the bed at night, and am using "pull-ups" to manage (plastic pants covering my nappy are pull-ups right?), I'm not sure if they've listed it as an active problem. It would actually be good to know it is. Whichever way, at least it's now documented regardless. 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:41 PM, sparklezBear said:

I'm slightly late for my weekly update on account of work. This update I wanted to reflect on my achievements, where I've come from, and where I'm at now.

Back in May 2020, prior to this thread, I purchased my first pack of nappies in many years after feeling the urge stronger than before. Over the following month, I began to come to terms with my diaper lover, accepting that this was never going away, that my only choice was forward. With a deep desire to wear 24/7, I began to contemplate what a fully padded life might look like, seeking information and stories here and elsewhere, culminating in this thread.

Since June, I have changed so many things. I have:

• Spent so much money
  • Connected with several people in the ABDL space
  • Moved to a more appropriate (private) place where I can wear nappies in peace
  • Changed my wardrobe to accommodate some bulk throughout the year.
  • Bought and used so many different types of nappies, cloth and disposable.
  • Become a bedwetter. 
  • Discovered and accepted my little, nurtured with paci's, bottles, cute clothes and more.
  • Started discussions with my doctor for genuine incontinence (with no intent on treating it)
  • Started investigations for other medical problems potentially impacted by incontinence.

In 4 short months, this is nothing short of a whirlwind and I do feel accomplished. It also reflects the internal urgency to live authentically, to be nappy dependent. In this regard, my course hasn't changed. I'm forging ahead to become 24/7 and nappy dependent with appropriate caution to protect my livelihood and means to fund my nappy-clad life. Today, I'm padded in some form or other 24/7, although I only use outside of work for now. 

I also want to acknowledge this place and other communities in the ABDL space. They have been instrumental resources in achieving the above, and I could not have done it alone. 

Of all of my achievements, I'm so thankful to be a bedwetter. Waking to a wet and warm nappy is the best feeling I've ever known. I want to wake just like this for the rest of my life. I would also like to think that my strategies and experiences can help others to achieve the same. 

Looking back at the past week, things have more or less continued unabated with some noteworthy news. One diagnostic test did reveal a likely cause for my genuine daytime urinary incontinence that I've experienced at times. Unfortunately surgical intervention is probably required, although I've yet to have those discussions. Without going into detail, in the case surgery is required, incontinence is a possible complication. I've been considering using this as an opportunity, but really need more information before I can make decisions and plans.

An interesting couple of months ahead I suspect.

Glad to hear that you have taken on 24/7 well.  It is difficult at first but after  while it is definitely more comfortable

Just a quick weekly update.

This last week has been irritating with respect to my goal. While things are busy, I've been holding my bladder a bit out of necessity. This seems to be strengthening muscles and stretching my bladder, judging by the increased volume when making it to a loo.

Outside of work, I've been more or less wetting as normal. Except for one quite disrupted night due to stress, I've been wetting while sleeping as has become norma, typically waking to an empty bladder. I've also continued to use cloth as my mainstay at night which is continuing to work well. I've still yet to toy with cloth during the day. 

I suspect this last week is going to be pretty representative of most of my weeks for now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi... I'm well overdue for an update. 

I'm sorry (to myself) for the delay. My new work area has been kicking my butt all over the place. Hands down, this is the most challenging workplace I've been working in. Consequently, my levels of stress are running at 11 while anxiety has been up and down, and I'm losing sleep frequently. I'm tired, exhausted and drained.

This workplace stress and transient anxiety has also impacted my life outside of the workplace. My little has all but vanished save for my stuffie and paci at night. I think this is just down to difficulty in being able to relax, although it's also not helpful as littlespace has been an effective tool in managing anxiety. The stress I cannot do much about until I'm away from that particular workplace.

I'm continuing to wear some form of padding 24/7, using only outside of the workplace. While sleeping, my nappy usage has been a mix of wetting while asleep and waking to wet. It depends on how exhausted I am, and the previous shift. Many nights like last night, I wake frequently and easily, likely without wetting while asleep.

At the same time, I've been feeling that my goal of reaching 24/7 is getting further and further away. One of the main reasons is down the to way that my profession comes first. In that regard, I don't think that I could achieve 24/7 in my current workplace, and I've already accepted this. This has been giving rise to doubt about achieving 24/7 elsewhere. My only saving grace currently, I know myself, and when finding a barrier, I tend to push harder and find another path. With that said, I don't know how this will pan out.

2 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

At the same time, I've been feeling that my goal of reaching 24/7 is getting further and further away. One of the main reasons is down the to way that my profession comes first. In that regard, I don't think that I could achieve 24/7 in my current workplace, and I've already accepted this. This has been giving rise to doubt about achieving 24/7 elsewhere. My only saving grace currently, I know myself, and when finding a barrier, I tend to push harder and find another path. With that said, I don't know how this will pan out.

I'm going to quote myself here:

On 6/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, oznl said:

People do often seem tie themselves up with commitments, milestones success and failure criteria for 24/7 which I've never really understood considering this is a practice that's meant to relieve stress, not provide it ?

Don't tear yourself up over it too much.  Only you know your own circumstances well enough to make informed choices about the (relatively extreme) step of 24/7 diapering.  If it's making you less happy instead of more happy then it's simply not for you.  At least for now.

The only moderating comment I'd make is that you may experience regret if you apply a permanent compromise against a temporary challenge.  There have certainly been times that I've had to "push through" a little, recognising that my short term convenience would be at the price of longer term emotional comfort.  Solving early catastrophic leaking issues at work was a big one (switched to higher capacity nappies and realised that people truly don't notice much).  That's not to say that there won't be some blockbuster event arising next Tuesday that causes me to re-evaluate, just that there are peaks and troughs.

As for the work thing (not that "work" is a thing for me right now ? ), I REALLY REALLY wish that psychiatry would apply some careful thought to this, understand that in some circumstances, this is far beyond a simple fetish and go ahead and pathologise the condition.  We prescribe nappies as the therapy (a little bit like trans folk are prescribed hormones) and move the whole thing out of the "smut" domain, beyond the reach of social sanction.  Then we can all just get on with our lives as best as we can.

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/3/2020 at 10:29 AM, oznl said:

I'm going to quote myself here:

Don't tear yourself up over it too much.  Only you know your own circumstances well enough to make informed choices about the (relatively extreme) step of 24/7 diapering.  If it's making you less happy instead of more happy then it's simply not for you.  At least for now.

The only moderating comment I'd make is that you may experience regret if you apply a permanent compromise against a temporary challenge.  There have certainly been times that I've had to "push through" a little, recognising that my short term convenience would be at the price of longer term emotional comfort.  Solving early catastrophic leaking issues at work was a big one (switched to higher capacity nappies and realised that people truly don't notice much).  That's not to say that there won't be some blockbuster event arising next Tuesday that causes me to re-evaluate, just that there are peaks and troughs.

As for the work thing (not that "work" is a thing for me right now ? ), I REALLY REALLY wish that psychiatry would apply some careful thought to this, understand that in some circumstances, this is far beyond a simple fetish and go ahead and pathologise the condition.  We prescribe nappies as the therapy (a little bit like trans folk are prescribed hormones) and move the whole thing out of the "smut" domain, beyond the reach of social sanction.  Then we can all just get on with our lives as best as we can.

Thank you for your response and wisdom oznl. I've been meaning to reply, again caught up with work, restless sleep and a whole bunch of thought.

As a general update, my levels of stress have remained pretty high, and in the last week, I've slept poorly and woken most nights to wet. This has also been impacting my mood. Still, there's light on the horizon, and additional determination. 

This growing determination is a reflection of recent weeks I think, and provides a sense of hope and uncertainty. The sense of hope is around my unwavering trajectory into 24x7 nappy usage. I am quite tempted to say it's inevitable. The uncertainty is coming from a change in values. I'm starting to value nappies over my job. That is not to suggest that I am just going to show up to work sporting and using thicker nappy or anything else inappropriate. It's just, if my job were to somehow be jeopardised by nappies or by eventual incontinence (I hope), I would find another position rather than give up my nappies. I think that's significant. Still, I'm not pushing forward for the next few months or so, it's just too tough to add to the high levels of stress currently. The day is coming however.

Over the last week, I've been wetting heavier for some reason (while asleep or waking). While using cloth nappies, I've leaked on several occasions. Aside from the laundry and inconvenience, I think this is creating some doubt with wetting at night. And as per one of my cardinal strategies, you need to be able to trust your nappy. I don't think I'm drinking more than usual, so I'm wondering if it's also somehow related to stress. To combat this, I'm switching back to higher capacity disposables for night time use, and will use cloth on occasion during the day when able.