LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My journey to 24x7

Today I'm about a week past 2 months of 24/7 nappy use.

Since my last update, there really hasn't been anything too remarkable happen and my 24/7 nappy usage continues unabated. The most noteworthy thing that happened occurred this morning while I was out. My stomach took a turn, seemingly reacting to breakfast as can and will happen at times. I had a choice... diarrhoea in my nappy while in public, or hold and flee. For the first time in recent memory, and feeling conflicted, I held. My biggest worry was matter getting into bad places, particularly my princess parts. And sitting in it for the trip home could see a real mess. The short trip home was difficult, and I nearly didn't make it. Another couple of minutes and I wouldn't have had a choice. As happened, I made it home and my neglected porcelain loo took one for the team. I'll mind my diet a bit closer in future.

The change to plastic backed nappies at work has also been positive, although the Molicare Maxis, the only medical plastic backed nappy, does struggle with capacity. A couple of times now they've come close to overflowing, arriving home with only a small amount of padding unused. To their credit though, they've not leaked meaningfully. Aside from medical nappies, Preschools are the most discrete ABDL nappy, and have no issues with capacity for normal shifts. I could and might consider adding a booster to the Molicare Maxis, but that makes them more expensive than just using Preschools. I could also invest in terry pants to go over the nappy, under the plastic, but that just adds bulk. How I wish we had more plastic backed medical nappy options. 

Ooh, I almost forgot. For the last week or so, I've been having occasional bladder spasms. While some are mild, by god they can hurt! I've read about this happening to others, potentially due to a confused bladder muscle that has been wilfully ignored for some weeks now. Judging by others, I'll be due for more before they subside. When it happens, it's like my bladder is trying to squeeze out a phantom amount of liquid. Naturally I'm empty, so nothing happens. Still, some of them, yowch! 

18 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

The change to plastic backed nappies at work has also been positive, although the Molicare Maxis, the only medical plastic backed nappy, does struggle with capacity. A couple of times now they've come close to overflowing, arriving home with only a small amount of padding unused.

Abri-let booster pads?  I use one of these with my Abena L4 (my usual "day" nappy) and it does boost the range a bit.  The pads just get positioned somewhere in the channel.   I can't see why they wouldn't work with Molicare Maxi (I have some laying around, I should try).  With your anatomy, that would be down between your legs so somewhat out of sight-line.  The boosters are very cheap: A$4.20 for a packet of 20.

35 minutes ago, oznl said:

Abri-let booster pads?  I use one of these with my Abena L4 (my usual "day" nappy) and it does boost the range a bit.  The pads just get positioned somewhere in the channel.   I can't see why they wouldn't work with Molicare Maxi (I have some laying around, I should try).  With your anatomy, that would be down between your legs so somewhat out of sight-line.  The boosters are very cheap: A$4.20 for a packet of 20.

I've nothing to lose with that, and they are cheap I guess. The boosters I had been using were about double the price. I'll give it a try and see. Thanks :).

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update. All in all, I don't have much to report. 24/7 has continued without issue, and I'm more or less 3 months into my 24/7 life in nappies at this point.

Everything remains well generally. At work, I'm continuing to use plastic backed nappies for the need of their reliability which has kept me leak free. My choice is currently between ABU Preschools and Molicare Maxis, although I can augment these with boosters. Since my last update, I've found that a Molicate Maxi with an Abri-let booster holds just shy of 1.3L, about the same as a Preschool, and a small increase over the Molicare Maxi by itself which tops out at about 1.1L. If I avoid going overboard with fluids during my shift, I can comfortably last in either option, although the Preschool is slightly more discreet than a boosted Molicare Maxi. Otherwise, while generally I have no issues using my nappies, stress at work in the course of a normal day continues to interrupt flow intermittently. I have and will continue to work on this, aiming to maintain the flow.

In all other respects, I really haven't run into any problems. I continue to wet in my sleep nightly without waking to the point where I'm starting to proudly feel like an accomplished bed-wetter ?. I've only had the one minor leak too, resulting from a bit of overflow coming up the front while laying on my back. I think this was caused by having the nappy on too tightly, and so pre-absorbed urine can be forced up until it finds relative freedom from my nappy and plastic pants, into my onesie. It was such a minor leak that no linen change was needed. Actually, I've been waiting for a more substantial leak to give me a reason to change the mattress protector. Some time ago I bought a more waterproof, durable and permanent Conni mattress protector that needs to go on my bed sooner or later. I guess it can keep waiting for a more substantial leak that the current flimsy mattress protector can deal with. By flimsy, I mean they have a thin layer of plastic that is easy to rupture. I've already had to dispose of one as it developed some holes while on the clothesline. Something the new one won't be predisposed to.

In my waking hours outside of work, I continue to use a mix of nappies to suit. If a bowel motion is night, I generally opt for short duration nappies so as not to waste nappies needlessly. Without a pending motion, I dress to the occasion, keeping my crinkly-er nappies for use at home, using more silent and or medical nappies while out and about. With some foresight and planning, there's been no in-the-field nappy changes in the last few weeks, which makes life easier. 

With respect to continence, or lack there of, I'm still not sure how I'm going. Perhaps I can't know until I try to remain continent for any length of time. Based on current experiences while working which can sometimes result in an interrupted flow, I'd surmise that I could remain continent for a spell. Still, I'm not going to test this or stop wearing nappies, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I will end up nappy dependent sooner or later, quite happily I might add. 

Actually there is one area of change I should talk about. I've been purchasing some little clothes, an assortment of custom ABDL prints or cute cartoon or graphic tops, skirts and hoodies that could be considered little. I mean, for something available on mainstream online outlets, you can't tell me that this wasn't designed for littles. There's plenty more of them too. I really do enjoy wearing them while lounging around at home too. Comfortable and at one with my inner identity. All of these clothes are going to come in handy too, particularly while thinking ahead toward Kangacon 2022. That is assuming COVID doesn't shut down the country again too.

For a nothing-much-to-talk-about update, that was a surprising amount. Until next update, stay padded and safe.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems my updates are getting fewer and far between. Thinking about it, this may also be my last update in this thread.

Today, I'm about a week away from being 4-months 24/7. It has been more or less perfect.

A couple of days ago, I woke in the morning to my nice swollen nappy as always happens now. That particular night was a short shift only since I was busy in the morning, so a Tena maxi was called upon to fill the shift. While their padding profile is not extensive, they do feel nice and swell wonderfully. But I digress, waking up to this lovely swollen nappy held tightly by my onesie against my skin seemed to stir some early memory and feeling. It was hard to explain, but I felt it in the core of me, like it may have been the first nappy-aware memory I had. I laid in bed for as long as I could just enjoying the feeling.

Something else happened that same morning while I just lay there, something relating to my own internal identity. One of the parts of my identify is being a bed-wetter, and I have been trying to consistently achieve this for a little more than a year, with good success. Anyway, while laying in bed enjoying the feeling of my night nappy, it also struck me as if the wind changed or something. Every morning for the rest of my life, I'm going to wake up to a similarly wet nappy after wetting in my sleep. That's exactly how I should sleep and exactly how I should wake up. Connecting with that early memory I spoke about already, and fully realising the reality of my situation, I realised that I was no longer trying to be a bed-wetter, I am one, entirely. If I don't wear a nappy to bed, I will wet in my sleep. The choice and opportunity to turn back is more or less gone. It's now permanent.

Feeling very happy with myself over bed-wetting, I've also started to realise in this last week that my daytime continence is going to fade too. My goal of reaching incontinence is achievable. Away from work, I don't really notice wetting much any more. As someone else had written about recently, I'm starting to become unaware of my wetting and consequently lose track of how wet my nappy may be. I few times recently I've gone to check how wet I am, being quite surprised that my nappy has been almost full. It seems that I'm no longer consciously registering how much I'm going. At work is different, I still have to focus on releasing sometimes. Although it is getting easier still, and I do believe it's only a matter of time before this too slips into second-nature territory. In perspective, losing continence is no longer an if, but a when, and it will become permanent too. With these new realisations, I've been a little overjoyed. :) 

Circling back to my earlier comment about this being my last update, it think that's a good choice, not least of which because this topic is named "My journey to 24x7" and sits in the Lifestyle forum. For all intents and purposes, I have achieved my goal of being 24x7, and my own discovery into reaching this lifestyle has finished. Sure, there's always things to learn, but I don't need my own thread for that. Rather, over the last few updates I've been talking about reaching incontinence, my own incontinent desire. That being the case, there's another forum for that, and arguably this isn't the place.

So on that note, this is my last irregularly regular update in this thread. May it persist into history, if only for me and the nostalgic times I come to re-live this wonderful journey.

✌️

• Like 3
On 6/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, sparklezBear said:

Circling back to my earlier comment about this being my last update, it think that's a good choice, not least of which because this topic is named "My journey to 24x7" and sits in the Lifestyle forum. For all intents and purposes, I have achieved my goal of being 24x7, and my own discovery into reaching this lifestyle has finished. Sure, there's always things to learn, but I don't need my own thread for that. Rather, over the last few updates I've been talking about reaching incontinence, my own incontinent desire. That being the case, there's another forum for that, and arguably this isn't the place.

✌️

Congratulations on achieving what looks to me like the quickest and most painless transition-to-permanent-nappies I have ever seen!

20 hours ago, Three Rivers said:

I am happy for you that your desired outcome was achieved. :69_EmoticonsHDcom:

On 7/1/2021 at 6:06 PM, oznl said:

Congratulations on achieving what looks to me like the quickest and most painless transition-to-permanent-nappies I have ever seen!

On 6/30/2021 at 12:36 AM, puffy_bottom said:

Congratulations!

Thank you each and all, it's been very personally rewarding :).

While in retrospect it was a quick progression from mostly-diaper-less to permanently-diapered, I had possibly the easiest conditions and circumstances to make that possible. That included COVID social distancing, being without a partner or dependants, and more or less a degree of financially stability. Not many of us seem to be in that situation. Oh, and it's 2020/21 where good quality nappies are available even down under. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m glad you’re enjoying it!  It is indeed a powerful feeling knowing you will be in diapers the rest of your life and your control will only worsen as time goes by.   It’s rewarding (for those of us who are into this) and enough to hasten the process.  

I shredded my undies years ago and I haven’t looked back.  

At this point I don’t think my brain will let me re potty train even if I physically have the ability to do so. 

8 hours ago, Enthusi said:

I’m glad you’re enjoying it!  It is indeed a powerful feeling knowing you will be in diapers the rest of your life and your control will only worsen as time goes by.   It’s rewarding (for those of us who are into this) and enough to hasten the process.  

I shredded my undies years ago and I haven’t looked back.  

At this point I don’t think my brain will let me re potty train even if I physically have the ability to do so. 

8 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

Congratulations, I am very happy for you :) 

Thank you :)

It's been everything I'd hoped so far, and the unpotty training is coming along nicely. Diapers for life :D.