LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does anyone know if Hilton Hotel affiliates have a bedwetter fine?

Staying in a hotel that my apartment management put us in while they renovate apartments, the unthinkable happened...

Drank too much cola yesterday and it caught up with me sometime in a 90 minute sleep spree around 3am.

There is no yellow coloring to the white sheets and it didnt seem to get down to the mattress bug protector due to a thick sheet on the bottom with 2 others on top of it. Im febreezing the hell out of it right now but am worried it may be billed to my apartments management and the slavings passed on to me.

Edit: Im aware they change sheets and blankets after each person leaves.

@barnburner

I know of NO place where they would charge you (fine you) for wetting a bed:  I am sure that they have had others, including small children, or bigger children with bedwetting problems, so this would be kind of counter intuitive - Even adults can wet the bed.  IF they were to actually BILL your apartment manager for the damage, and they were to disclose that you had a wet bed, this would look kind of silly - If there are hotels that you going to BOOK YOURSELF, you should ask them about what options you have, and prepare to use your diapers/Plastic Pants and whatever else you need, but if they KNOW you have issues, because you tell them this, they should be able to prepare for your arrival, or make the requested modifications to a bed upon your arrival or soon after.

As I said, it is something I would NOT worry about - Its not like you destroyed anything in the room, or took something from it (other than maybe a soap or shampoo, or maybe a towel).  You had an unfortunate accident in bed, so I would not sweat it -If you feel that you need to ask them, I would do it discreetly - otherwise, I wouldn't worry about one incident - If it continues to happen, then you would probably want to let them know.

Don't sweat it too much - Accidents Happen!

Brian

Thank you Brian, i feel a little better, This is a once or twice a year kind of thing, I suppose I could buy some plastic sheets in the 3 sizes I assume hotels use for in case I need to stay at another hotel in the future. Cant really do the diaper thing as I find it hard to sleep with one on, But at that maybe im just not giving it a chance as Id like to fall asleep fast and it can take me 2 hours to fall asleep when I go to bed..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, barnburner said:

Thank you Brian, i feel a little better, This is a once or twice a year kind of thing, I suppose I could buy some plastic sheets in the 3 sizes I assume hotels use for in case I need to stay at another hotel in the future. Cant really do the diaper thing as I find it hard to sleep with one on, But at that maybe im just not giving it a chance as Id like to fall asleep fast and it can take me 2 hours to fall asleep when I go to bed..

You can let the hotel know beforehand and let them take whatever precautions they wish.

• Like 1

When we travel we let the hotel know I have an IC issue and request a mattress protector, most hotels say they donot have one and its not a problem. We use Parents Choice disposable bed pads (2  overlapping to get better coverage) and so far its worked out great no wet mattress. I did have a bad night when we were are Disney worlds all star resort I leaked and the comfiter got wet I let the maid know in the morning and it was swapped out with nothing said. 

• Like 1

When I used to travel a lot, I always carried a small mattress protector with me and never slept without a pair of waterproof panties over my diapers.  Some of the hotels I frequented were on a regular basis and I was certainly well know at these locations.  Many were multiple night stops and almost without fail, my bed was made up for the following night with my protector in place by the house keepers.  Only on one occasion that I can recall, it was folded nicely and left on top of the bed for me to place as I saw fit, but in most cases, it was made up in the bed under the top sheet as I left it.  On a few occasions I was rushed to get ready and left my waterproof panties on shower head drying, but in most cases, these were dried by time I had to leave, and packed back into my bag.  Again, never an issue on those few occasions as house keeping folded these up when found and left them on top of my bag.

Additionally, I always left my used diapers in a closed plastic bag within the trash container in the room, and nothing was ever mentioned about this either.  

Bottom line, if you show respect for the room, as well as for the house keepers, they will do the same for you!  I believe that wearing diapers to sleep in is more common then many of us realize.

I take the Goodnight's disposable bed pads when we travel. Since I am on diuretics I do not want to take the chance of ruining the hotel bed. I know that you can let them know ahead of time, but I find it easier and less stressful to bring my own protection.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, stevewet said:

I did read on another site about a guy who had $165 cleaning bill put on his credit card following  a bedwetting incident in a chain hotel.

The hotel sign that reads "Fine for bedwetting" does not mean that it's okay to do it, I guess.

I guess if I go into a Hotel, I'll be already in a diaper, and on top of that, I'll be using a Goodnites Bed mat to sleep with that under me so that I could ensure that should my diaper leak out while I'm sleep wetting, that I'll be okay and not wetting the bed sheets from a diaper failure of a sort.

When i go sleep anyplace it is no difference than home bed pad and overnite diaper. Used to be ConfiDry but there quality control has gotten so bad that my regular supplier quite carrying them. i bought a bag at another place but to many issues with them. I do love the new Alpaca diapers 

no, No, and NO!

A breach of privacy has happened if a hotel bills, let alone notifies your apartment manager of an IC issue that arose due to relocation. At least here in Canada, most hotels won't let you check-in without a credit card or a decent cash deposit for incidentals. Nothing like that should ever be billed or disclosed to your aprt. Mgr.

Perhaps look into legal action/precedings with this.

Do your best to protect hotel linens and bedding. Aside from plastic pants I get disposable bed mats and sleep on a xxl cloth prefold. Or as others said call ahead. I've dealt with Wyndham chain for 9 of the last 11 yrs with business travel. I've done my best to prevent accidents, But I've had a few. Never ever been billed for any. If an incident happens I make sure to let housekeeping or front desk know asap, and leave a sizable tip for the day if possible.

Hope this helps! ?

I traveled every week for work for over 2 yrs, before I had to retire, I don't know about Hilton, but I stayed at Best Western and they had a water proof zip up on the bed already. But I always used a twin fully plastic camping Colman mattress on there king size bed. I kept it slightly under inflated so that I could use one of there towels under me. I jut told the office that I had back issues and needed it, and I also told them not to make the bed, I just covered it with the bedspread and blanket the maids didn't mind because it was less work. With a good electric air pump, it inflated in a minute. I never had any problems with the motel. In fact they gave me a Christmas card the last Christmas I was there. You don't have to tell them you wet,, But you need to respect their property, and if you damaged it you can expect to buy it. That's why I slept on my own mattress it worked out great for me. And if you love plastic like I always have, then you can enjoy ? it too. 

It's one thing to wet your bed at home and wash your own sheets and different to wet someone else's bed, especially at a hotel.  Yes, accidents do happen and you are free by all means to wear your diapers at your hotel and have fun if you are AB or DL.  The thing is, you should take all kinds of extra precautions to keep the bedding dry when away from home, whether at a hotel or a friend's home overnight.  Pack reusable or disposable bed pads to lay on in case of diaper leaks.  Wear heavy duty diapers and plastic pants if you wet in your sleep either by accident or on purpose.  Spend a week or two at home first testing the diaper combo you plan on wearing away from home and see if there are any problems or leaks.  Act responsibly when away from home or at a hotel.  You should not even have to worry about being fined for wetting a hotel bed.  Instead you should focus on taking extra measures and protection to prevent the hotel's bedding from getting wet.  That's called being responsible with other people's property!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

It's one thing to wet your bed at home and wash your own sheets and different to wet someone else's bed, especially at a hotel.  Yes, accidents do happen and you are free by all means to wear your diapers at your hotel and have fun if you are AB or DL.  The thing is, you should take all kinds of extra precautions to keep the bedding dry when away from home, whether at a hotel or a friend's home overnight.  Pack reusable or disposable bed pads to lay on in case of diaper leaks.  Wear heavy duty diapers and plastic pants if you wet in your sleep either by accident or on purpose.  Spend a week or two at home first testing the diaper combo you plan on wearing away from home and see if there are any problems or leaks.  Act responsibly when away from home or at a hotel.  You should not even have to worry about being fined for wetting a hotel bed.  Instead you should focus on taking extra measures and protection to prevent the hotel's bedding from getting wet.  That's called being responsible with other people's property!

I agree, And Target stores stock the fully plastic, without the felt or what ever they callout, and its like $15 for the store brand. The Coleman is a little more, but harder to find with fully plastic on both sides. Like Rusty says be responsible with other people's property.

• 2 months later...

I stay away at hotels a lot in the UK. I tend to use Premier Inn I book on line usually and in special requirements I say that I have an IC problem. I love standing at reception when I check in wondering if they're reading that on screen, especially if its some hot guy on reception.

• Like 1
On 6/22/2020 at 5:59 AM, Rob110 said:

When we travel we let the hotel know I have an IC issue and request a mattress protector, most hotels say they donot have one and its not a problem. We use Parents Choice disposable bed pads (2  overlapping to get better coverage) and so far its worked out great no wet mattress. I did have a bad night when we were are Disney worlds all star resort I leaked and the comfiter got wet I let the maid know in the morning and it was swapped out with nothing said. 

I think if you request a mattress protector most hotels will provide it. Its only fair to tell them.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, mundane said:

no, No, and NO!

A breach of privacy has happened if a hotel bills, let alone notifies your apartment manager of an IC issue that arose due to relocation. At least here in Canada, most hotels won't let you check-in without a credit card or a decent cash deposit for incidentals. Nothing like that should ever be billed or disclosed to your aprt. Mgr.

Perhaps look into legal action/precedings with this.

Do your best to protect hotel linens and bedding. Aside from plastic pants I get disposable bed mats and sleep on a xxl cloth prefold. Or as others said call ahead. I've dealt with Wyndham chain for 9 of the last 11 yrs with business travel. I've done my best to prevent accidents, But I've had a few. Never ever been billed for any. If an incident happens I make sure to let housekeeping or front desk know asap, and leave a sizable tip for the day if possible.

I agree on the privacy issue and also with your last point. But I suspect a hotel could potentially bill you for damages, although I dont know of such cases. There was a case in Canada I think where a young guy was taken to small claims court for a claim that he'd wet the bed and ruined a mattress after drinking heavily. It happened in a private home instead of a business but I believe the court ordered him to pay damages to cover the cost of the mattress.

I still think the responsible thing for everyone to do is make sure the bedding and mattress you are sleeping on does not see even a drop of urine from a leaky diaper!  Sleep on reusable or disposable bed pads under your diaper if need be and make sure your diapers will hold your nights wetting without leaking.  It's just not responsible to go into the situation with the idea and knowledge you will be wetting their bed and mattress, wondering if they will provide you mattress protection or charge you for damaged mattresses or sheets they have to replace.  That's not the right attitude.  Be respectful of other people's property.  Accidents happen, but you can make sure they don't with proper protection and bed pads to sleep on.  When a hotel rents you a room for the night, they expect normal wear and tear on the towels and sheets.  This includes the mattress, but wetting their bed and soaking their mattress is not what they (or I) consider normal wear and tear.  Diaper time and diaper play can be fun, but don't use the fact that you are on vacation in a hotel to throw responsibility out the window and not care because it's not your own furniture you will be wetting.  Be responsible and do the right thing.

• Like 1
On 6/22/2020 at 2:59 AM, Rob110 said:

I did have a bad night when we were are Disney worlds all star resort I leaked and the comfiter got wet I let the maid know in the morning and it was swapped out with nothing said. 

I would think of all places a Disney World hotel would be used to seeing wet beds, given all of the exhausted kids that stay with there parents.  I would be stunned if those beds were not protected well.

13 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I still think the responsible thing for everyone to do is make sure the bedding and mattress you are sleeping on does not see even a drop of urine from a leaky diaper!  Sleep on reusable or disposable bed pads under your diaper if need be and make sure your diapers will hold your nights wetting without leaking.  It's just not responsible to go into the situation with the idea and knowledge you will be wetting their bed and mattress, wondering if they will provide you mattress protection or charge you for damaged mattresses or sheets they have to replace.  That's not the right attitude.  Be respectful of other people's property.  Accidents happen, but you can make sure they don't with proper protection and bed pads to sleep on.  When a hotel rents you a room for the night, they expect normal wear and tear on the towels and sheets.  This includes the mattress, but wetting their bed and soaking their mattress is not what they (or I) consider normal wear and tear.  Diaper time and diaper play can be fun, but don't use the fact that you are on vacation in a hotel to throw responsibility out the window and not care because it's not your own furniture you will be wetting.  Be responsible and do the right thing.

DITTO,, I said in motels for yrs , when I worked out of town, I used all my own protection to be positive there mattress would not be damaged 

On 8/28/2020 at 1:07 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

I think if you request a mattress protector most hotels will provide it. Its only fair to tell them.

I agree on the privacy issue and also with your last point. But I suspect a hotel could potentially bill you for damages, although I dont know of such cases. There was a case in Canada I think where a young guy was taken to small claims court for a claim that he'd wet the bed and ruined a mattress after drinking heavily. It happened in a private home instead of a business but I believe the court ordered him to pay damages to cover the cost of the mattress.

(EDIT :- Sorry RubbersheetMike - I can't quote what you tagged me in) Private home setting: Yes it can be brought to small claims court. But honestly as the sentiment has been echoed, 99.5% of these places of business are equipped to the nines to deal with everything ranging from an incontinent pet, to a messy suicide.   As long as you are doing everything and I MEAN EVEYTHING you can, to protect the businesses property, and not doing it for a thrill,fun or a rise out of people, Let house keeping know (This is really important, so they can strip linens and protectors if required)  Then there isn't too much to worry about.

I’m incontinent and have needed to wear a diaper at night for the past 60+ years. Before I retired, my volunteer work required me to do a substantial amount of travel, and I have slept in hotels and motels many, many times. I have always brought and used my own diapers which almost, but not quite, always kept the hotel or motel mattress dry. On the few occasions when I’ve gotten a motel or hotel mattress wet, I have never been charged any fee for damages. For a number of years, I routinely told the management about my wetting problem and suggested that they put a waterproof cover on the mattress. However, on only two or three occasions did a hotel or motel act on my suggestion. In two cases, I was told that all their beds were protected for everyone as a routine matter. In those cases, there was a thick, absorbent mattress pad over the waterproof cover on the mattress.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a Hilton employee, but working in hotels for a decade.  To the best of my knowledge, if say a kid wets the bed, I don't believe we've ever charged anybody for it.  I would also think it would be the same for adults too.  However if there is a pee soaked mattress in addition to say, plies of vomit, bottles of booze, etc...there maybe a charge.  During my time as an FOM/Operations manager, I don't seem to see that being the case.  However, I have been back on night audit, so this may not be the entire story as far as my hotel is concerned.