LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Heavy Ivory Rubber Sheet

Would you like to have the old-style heavy rubber sheets available and like to get your own  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have the old-style heavy rubber sheets available and like to get your own

• I do not care
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/2020 at 04:00 AM

Do you  remember those light ivory classic rubber sheets. They were thick and could fill a room with that iconic baby rubber smell?  They were the kind that if Mommy said she would make you sleep on. you were reduced to a pathetic, snivelling crybaby

30 ywEA fo, JK Pweaonl Products used to sell this. Then Babykisn was selling them until about 5 years ago. Now they are not available anywhere that I know of

As I did with the replacement for Comco panties

I am trying to do with the classic rubber sheet. I will submit this poll to at least Babykins and LL Medico. I would like this to be done quickly so I can submit the results very soon

Growing up a bed-wetter in the late forties early fifties I endured the shame of a rubber sheeted bed.  I’ll never forget, I secretly loved my rubber sheet.  It was there for one reason and asleep or even sometimes awake I made good use of it.

So yes, I’d be more than willing to purchase a rubber sheet.

• Like 1

When I turn this over to Babykins and LL Medico next month, and if anyone knows any providers, they think would be appropriate should do so to by emailing the link to this page to said provider, I would like to see at least 30 Yes votes, Providers need to know that there is a viable market for this. I may also send one to Protex, I have a pair of their rubber panties and they have "cream color" and the pair I have, a dark pink, seems to have pretty good material. Rearz may have something that A C Medical used, but I can not find it since the Rearz site is a bit of a mess to use. The rubber sheet that A C had was not ful-size, it was a metre wide and the rubber was not hreavyweight. Right now, the best I see is this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Latex-Rubber-Sheet-0-45mm-Thick-2m-x-2-5m-78-x-97-inches/161018652769?var=460170384857&hash=item257d75a861:g:D7cAAOSwEK9UJWuv

At least it has the full coverage

I never had any rubber sheet on my bed as a kid.  I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night until I was almost 6 years old.  I do remember that my mattress had a plastic cover that zipped up and encased the entire mattress, top, bottom and sides all the way around.  Since I slept in that same bed from about age 3 until I was a teenager, that plastic cover remained on the mattress until it finally deteriorated when I was in my early teen years, about age 14.  Yes, there was a regular fitted cotton sheet over the plastic mattress cover, but you could always feel the plastic under that sheet! 

Plstic zip mattress covers were quite new. I do not remember them from 1961, which was when you were 3. what did you have on your crib

In fact, rubber sheets were well understood in the '70's when this joke was out "What does a Klansman wear in the rain?" "A rubber sheet". In 1959, Rubber sheeting was recommended as something to keep in the dreaded "fallout shelter"

I understand from some people that the heavy rubber sheet is more durable than plastic mattress covers

We started out so well. I am trying to regain a piece of the early days of many of us, an iconic baby item, something that can be useful in other contexts, and the source of many a rubber fetish. To do that, I need to be able to present the companies to which I intend to submit the results with a case that there is enough interest to make a market that is worth what it takes to sell this kind of thing. Now, I have seen them in youse as late as late 1967 or early '68, on the bed of a 15 year old (I do not think he was aware that I noticed it; I felt it by accident). Thismay also be useful in some Sissy scenarios as both a bed sheet or a sheet to lay down while changing the baby. It used to be quite intimidationg. If this stays lost, then  a significant piece of ABDL history is lost with it. The thick 13-14 gauge rubber is probably more durable than most of the plastic covers that you find (although LL Midico puts out an 8 mil frosty clear vinyl twin size cover. That is  over 40 USD and by special order). If I recall aright one member reported having the rubber sheet on the mattress fo 8 years or so

• 2 weeks later...

14 days to go before this is done. I would like to have something to show the companies that there is interest

I looked over at Fetware to see if they had any of these rubber sheets and nothing doing

The way this poll is going, Iwould be embarrassed to submit it as evidence that there is a demand for thiskind of thing. If I am to accomplish this, it may have to be on my persuasive powers; or else rely on being a cute little blonde :)

I never had a rubber sheet at home just a very noisy plastic one but My Grandmother had one on the spare bed for when I stayed over. I remember the unmistakable smell from it.

Just made a buy from Fetware. Their site is good (but I do not recall seeing side seam length). I ordered late Wed nite and from wat the tracker is telling me, it shoulc come in today. If I like what I see, I may put them on the  "approach" list for this project. I ordered  Cloud XT, I would really like to see their "pearl" panties

These rubber sheets weree better than 85% of the vinyl mattress covers you will find on the market as most of them are thin, about 3 mil, grainy material and noisy. There are still other rubber sheets by they are about a yard or a metre wide and probably about 9 gauge (mil?) and tear after a year or so. You can get a 78 x 93 inch letex sheet on Ebay but that costs about 145 USD and it is not THAT thick. Most of the rubber bedding I see on Ebay is black and that sucks eggs: Big green rotten ones!

LAST WEEK TO VOTE IN THIS POLL!!

I must close this poll so I can then have some data to dcide if I should use it to show the companies I contact to provide this classic item in the life of a baby or little that there is a market for it. Therefore I will close this poll a week from today at 0000 Thursday, July 23. At that point I will decide on how to proceed. I am not impressed so far, given the talk I have seen over the years around here. If you need to have your memory jogged, this is what it looks like on a bed

mybed.jpg

This is ideal for a nursery or little's room from the 1940's to  1960 and I have seen one as late as 1968

This

When I was growing up my mother always used a heavy ivory colored rubber sheet for my bedwetting. I dont know if they are available anymore. Over the years since I lived on my own I just got used to buying vinyl fitted mattress covers. They're easy to get and relatively inexpensive but they do eventually dry, crack and leak and have to be replaced. Also, I actually prefer the feel of a rubber sheet but maybe thats just nostalgic on my part.

You have no idea just how adorable these look with a few pee stanis on them that have been let to dry. Maybe Mommy or Nursie can put one under you when you need a change. and you know some of the wet will get on it

Well this turned out to be a disappointment. I was hoping to have at least 50. Now it looks like I will have to approach the companies with some other form of argumentation or be able to use what I have as representative of a larger group such as; the number that responds to a poll is usually about 1/3 of the total that would be interested, which is usually the actual case

• 6 months later...

My mother bought 3 of them from MyProtex when I was in high school (Class of 2006), so probably about 2004 or so.  They were ivory colored and Queen size and I got a new Queen bed when I started high school. She kept one in the closet as a replacement and rotated the other two on my bed.  They got used quite often and after a couple of years get quite seasoned and start to take on a faint yellow sweet spot.  Those sheets remain on my bed at my parents house and when I am not visiting, are used from time to time by my 10 year old nephews when they visit Grandma and Grandpa.   The rubber sheet is directly under the bed sheet.  When I moved to NYC a few years ago after law school, she sent the new replacement with me to NYC where it is now on my bed. 

• 5 months later...

In U.K., rubber mattress protection was phased out in the early 1970s and replaced with plastic for safety reasons.

A rubber sheet will "support combustion";  ie:, it may catch fire and continue to burn when the cause of ignition is removed, whereas a plastic sheet can be burnt but does not burn without support.