LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshore Diapers in the top 1000 Online Businesses

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/northshore-care-supply-makes-top-120000727.html

I'm posting this because many many abdls shop there and they sell abdl products(they do have a abdl website). They totally deserve this award. They sell products in the "goldilocks zone" for price and quality.

I did not realize just how HUGE they are compaired to the other diaper companys.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, MegaChar said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/northshore-care-supply-makes-top-120000727.html

I'm posting this because many many abdls shop there and they sell abdl products(they do have a abdl website). They totally deserve this award. They sell products in the "goldilocks zone" for price and quality.

I did not realize just how HUGE they are compaired to the other diaper companys.

@MegaChar

This is NOT surprising, as they are BEST incontinence diaper made!  I have been using them exclusively for diaper orders, after having problems with my state medicaid people telling me I can get a TOTAL of 300 "products" per month on a prescription.  I can get 200 diapers a month (Prevail Air) and and the Prevail Underpads.  I pay $3.00/month for both things, not to exceed 300 products a month.  After trying prevail air, I called the Doctor, and asked them for "REAL Plastic backed incontinence briefs (Diapers)", because i was leaking everywhere, and that the cloth backed Prevails were NOT even able to handle the load.  I would basically FLOOD these out, and then I would end up with a wet bed, wet wheelchair cushion, wet floor, pants, etc, even when  wearing plastic pants OVER the diaper!  For a guy who has a BIG BLADDER, Prevails wont even hold one wetting, and they were disintegrating, and not holding anything!  I'd like to tell you all (including @NorthShoreAdam) MY story, My "Quest" to get Mega Max Diapers.  I've left that below, and believe that it is relevant.  

THE "QUEST" FOR MEGAMAXES

I then asked the doctor to work HARD to get what I need:  I asked for the plastic backed diapers, telling him to somehow indicate "double and severe incontinence" and to insist that I get a plastic backed, quality product.  I found that they wanted me to help them find the product that works for me, so they had me write a list.  They wanted my TOP 5 Diapers.  I chose 5, all plastic backed, and  designed for heavy incontinence.  I asked them to TRY to get either the Abena M4's or the Nothshore MEGAMAX, and they went to work, and let me tell you, my medical team is hard working, and they have a lot of people and things that happen behind the scenes.  I then get a call back:  I could get either Prevail Air, from a local pharmacy, or another low-end brand from a place called Keene Medical - BOTH of these were UNACCEPTABLE, because they did NOT even HAVE any plastic backed incontinence briefs, at ALL!  This made me MAD, and NOW, ladies and gents, I went for the JUGULAR. and I wanted to find out what the hell was going on.  They (State) were telling me that there were TWO options, and ONLY TWO OPTIONS - One was the Pharmacy, and the Prevails, or Keene, and a PLETHORA of cloth backed "diapers" that would NOT hold anything - I would flood them out EVERYTIME!

I then find that a Good many of the "Online Medical supply places" won't even DEAL with Vermont, so I was severely limited - Its like seeing the objective in a game, and NOT being able to get it.  I would ask for the reason why, and it seems that Vermont does not reimburse too well.  Additionally, when talking to my pharmacy, I found that one of the ladies that works there could get the "diapers" (prevails) through work, but they are NOT quality, and would NOT work for her disabled family member, so she has to PAY out of her POCKET for the good diapers - WOAH - WHAT??

I later find out that I am paying $3.00 per prescription for 300 incontinence products a month.  ALL of these are cheap and useless cloth - I call them "Tabbed Underwear."  After talking to Keene, I find out that they are getting reimbursed $13.00 per prescription.  This would be FINE if the fair market value of the products were allowing the companies to keep their heads above water - I asked another person working there how much a plastic backed brief was:  They said "$24 a bag of 15"  - This means that companies here are NOT even making any money on the sale of the products  - They are LOSING $11 for each order of briefs, while a bag of plastic backed briefs costs $24 - Megamax costs $35 for a bag of 10 - How does that give anyone any choice?  NO WONDER no one will carry anything quality - They cant AFFORD to!

So, because of some CRAP about having a designation code that made me ineligible, I could NOT get anything from them that was even plastic backed, unless I'm talking about underpads, and the company sends me some to try:  These things are made of TISSUE PAPER, blue backed, and are not absorbent AT ALL - I wouldn't even use these for a DOG - and they were junk -  I YELLED REAL LOUD on this, and said that I would NOT accept anything else from any local supplier for a while - I went to my doctor, showed him what they gave me, and he AGREED that the products were JUNK and I needed the BEST around - HE EVEN LAUGHED and redoubled his efforts to get me what I need, stating that "You need better quality than this: I got this."

OK: so talking to Medicaid:  This was even STUPIDER:  I heard them tell me that they can't get anything that is plastic backed, which is a BS excuse.  the Reps kept telling me that they can ONLY get what I had.  I told them that I needed an absorbent brief - I was Flooding the Prevails.  I was told that the average person who uses these "things" is given the underpads to deal with wet furniture, beds, chairs, cushions, etc, and that even people with severe incontinence, like me, would have to "deal" with having to DOUBLE and TRIPLE up using Prevails.  I was NOT satisfied.  I talked to the head of the medical unit that deals with this - Was told that I should submit my list - I "Hit a Homer" when I told this NICE LADY (and she was) that EVERYTHING I had been given is not working for me:  I told her that I am continually being denied PLASTIC BACKED incontinence products, and I rattled off all 5 of MY choices: "I want the MEGAMAX By North Shore" I tell the lady.  She says, "Lets check the local suppliers":  I sad "What Suppliers: They can't GET anything I have NOT already tried!" 

I was Mad, but I kept my cool:  I told her that there are NO OTHER OPTIONS because "Vermont doesn't even REIMBURSE for the true value of these."  Then she gives me some story about the medicaid system refusing to pay for plastic backed products because:

1. People can get bedsores/infections/reactions from the plastic backed products (Yes they can, but Plastic Backed Products are able to take the load)

2.  The Cloth backed products don't cause these Problems (YES they do:  They IRRITATE my Skin so bad that I cant wear them) (These are NOT incon. briefs)

3.  Cloth backed are cheaper for the system (Yes they are, but CHEAP does NOT EQUAL Good Quality)

(My problem with this approach is that the suppliers are NOT Doctors or nurses that I know of, or have any training or understanding that some people want the best, because the cheap stuff does not work - I would think that plastic backed products could hold, and are BETTER than any cloth backed product.  Lets be honest about this:  These people who make medicaid rules DO NOT HAVE to USE what they are peddling, so they don't have ANY idea what the hell guys like me go through - Plastic backed diapers that are QUALITY constructed CAN do this, and can LESSEN the chance of infection, but Cheaper does NOT necessarily mean BETTER, or USEABLE!)

I knocked down each of these:  I said that "The reason people get bedsores or infection is due to the fact that the client is NOT checked and changed RIGHT AWAY after they wet/soil, and as far as the cloth ones not causing reactions, some ARE allergic, but for those, you get them what they NEED, and as far as them being CHEAPER: this is due to the fact that the system doesn't PAY for Good quality stuff anymore: You guys pay the SUPPLIERS $13 for something that costs $24-30! - If I had a heart condition, would you have the cheapest drugs and equipment available to TREAT me, or would I have the BEST drugs, doctors and equipment available?"  She says "We would take good care of you, or course.....we just have to be fiscally responsible......" (It always comes down to MONEY over NEED!) :(

So, after all this: She said she would work with my Doctors "Community Health Team (CHT) Office", and if the Doctor says you need something, we will take care of this, and I will be waiting for the Prior Authorization, and will APPROVE anything the Doctor wants you to have..  So, at the end, she said that she would see if they could adjust the "reimbursement rate" and see if another supplier would be willing to accept the rate, and get what you need......." 

She said that there are ALWAYS other options, but they have to do a little extra to get that.  She then told me that she found one, and I was getting my Northshores like I wanted.  (A local supplier out of New Hampshire provides these:  I call every time I need more diapers, and they order them from Amazon, and ship me 9 bags of 10, for a total of 540 diapers).

So, I am able to get a TOTAL of 540 Plastic backed Briefs over the life of the Authorization......Think its like 6-8 months long.....She told me that the doctor could renew it, and they would consider it.  She also told me that they wanted me to go to a "urologist" to see if it could be TREATED - But I said, It's not that, I have CP and it gets harder to get around and I cant hold it: especially with diverticulitis.......Doctor says "I'm PROUD of you for recognizing that you need help, and I'm gonna help you......I will make SURE that I specify North Shore Megamax Medium (Plastic Backed) on all future renewals of this, and when its time, we will get these for you, and I can WRITE it so that they cant change it to anything else."  I then ask him about going to a urologist:  He said: "I am the doctor, and I say you have GOOD reason for asking for these, and I say you are incontinent, so you don't have to do that!"

I WIN!  Although the State complains that it costs them $1,000/month to do this, and I NEED the protection and security of QUALITY products, because it is WORTH it for me! Your Life should NOT have a PRICETAG - If I am using these, and they are working well, who CARES if it costs them $1,000/month, as long as I am happy, comfortable, and able to FUNCTION!!

@NorthShoreAdam  These Mega Max Diapers are AMAZING - I can empty a full bladder  (several wettings) or bowels into this thing, and it CONTAINS all of it - PLEASE do NOT change these - They are AWESOME, and now that I have to take Dyazide (water pills) I need them more than EVER - EXCELLENT Diaper!!  

Thank You Sir for an AWESOME product - I wish that these Medicaid Agencies would take stuff into consideration, without having to FIGHT for what you KNOW works - Wish these people had the vision that you had :(

I swear: If people NEED plastic backed products, why do companies make INFERIOR products??  North Shore does NOT, and I've RAVED about this diaper to EVERYONE - and I think people think I'm CRAZY, and I've had people ask me WHY I do this?  Answer: Because it is the BEST! Period - with GOOD reason.

Take Care,

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
added additional information
  • Thanks 2

@MegaChar

Just as an additional note:  I got a call from my doctor's office: His Nurse and his Staff have sent the required paperwork in to the State to RENEW the script!  I doubt we will have any problems with that, because I can show medical need for them, and the doctor kept his word - Lets hope they will renew it, I think they will :)

Brian