LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Zoom Virtrual Meet - AB/DL/DDLG/SISSY/BABYFUR/MUMMY&DADDY/LITTLES (Meet) Sunday 21st June 2020

On 6/13/2020 at 5:57 AM, kasarberang said:

I'd love to join, unfortunately I don't trust zoom due to many privacy/security issues they've had.

@kasarberang

I can understand your reluctance - When COVID hit us, people were forced to make quick decisions, and implement Distance Learning for their students.  There have been reports that school sessions of zoom were being "HIJACKED" by predatory CREEPOIDS that would pop in during a session.  Zoom was then criticized for the lack of security options that were available and Zoom came back, made changes to its defaults, and instituted a REQUIRED password for each session, so that hopefully that keeps the CREEPS out of any session. In a meet up like this, I am sure that @babyjunioruk will select a password that is appropriate, as you don't want the CREEPS spoiling the FUN!

I use zoom for doctors and family visits, and my brother will text us the information and the password about an hour before the meeting.  When it comes to the DOCTOR's VISIT:  The UVM Health Network sends email with the invite: telling me the Time of the Meeting, the Meeting ID and the Password to access the meeting, which is RANDOMLY Generated by the system.

In any Case, I do understand - there are privacy and security issues with zoom, or any meeting app, but ZOOM had them first, and had to backpeddle to fix them after being compromised, and schools moved away from zoom for instruction, and used skype or facetime, or whatever they adopted.  In the wake of the C-19 Pandemic, I'd say that more is coming, and we will have to make "Remote Learning" available to all, as well as TeleHealth, because some people are easily compromised.

Take Care,

Brian

1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

@kasarberang

I can understand your reluctance - When COVID hit us, people were forced to make quick decisions, and implement Distance Learning for their students.  There have been reports that school sessions of zoom were being "HIJACKED" by predatory CREEPOIDS that would pop in during a session.  Zoom was then criticized for the lack of security options that were available and Zoom came back, made changes to its defaults, and instituted a REQUIRED password for each session, so that hopefully that keeps the CREEPS out of any session. In a meet up like this, I am sure that @babyjunioruk will select a password that is appropriate, as you don't want the CREEPS spoiling the FUN!

I use zoom for doctors and family visits, and my brother will text us the information and the password about an hour before the meeting.  When it comes to the DOCTOR's VISIT:  The UVM Health Network sends email with the invite: telling me the Time of the Meeting, the Meeting ID and the Password to access the meeting, which is RANDOMLY Generated by the system.

In any Case, I do understand - there are privacy and security issues with zoom, or any meeting app, but ZOOM had them first, and had to backpeddle to fix them after being compromised, and schools moved away from zoom for instruction, and used skype or facetime, or whatever they adopted.  In the wake of the C-19 Pandemic, I'd say that more is coming, and we will have to make "Remote Learning" available to all, as well as TeleHealth, because some people are easily compromised.

Take Care,

Brian

Zoom freaks me out and I don't trust it. There are plenty other alternatives that have had a long time to grow and advanced by companies who are far more trustworthy. I don't understand why when Covid-19 hit we all just decided to use this company that no one had ever heard of prior to the pandemic instead of using something like Skype, Jitsi or the tons of other free chat alternatives out there Personally I'm not big on Google services but Even Google Hangouts or whatever would've been better because at least Google has some HIPPA compliant apps/services and has pretty decent security.

I just don't get why everyone just decided to use the new kid on the block instead of using one of the time-tested methods.

I agree that Telemedicine and Remote Learning applications need to be introduced for those who are especially vulnerable, but I don't think Zoom is the answer.

• Like 1