LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetting during medical procedures

I wonder if anybody on here ever had this experience? I had a dye injected during a medical scan procedure a couple years ago and ended up with wet underwear. The technician told me that Id feel like I had to pee really bad after he put the IV needle in my arm. "But don't go he said." Easy for him to say but boy did I ever have to go and when I was getting up to dress afterwards I realized I had gone a bit. I hadnt worn a pullup that day because I worried I'd get embarassed but in the future if I have to get such a procedure done again I dont think I'll worry about that.

You are at that age, get a prostate check

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the 70's they would give kids general anaesthesia for nearly anything that would take more than a few minutes.

I wet myself first time under anaesthesia, so on later visits where anaesthesia was expected I went dressed in a terry nappy and vinyl pants.

Worn under shorts and a tee shirt, I always thought the Dental Assistants where staring at the nappy through the shorts leg holes as I breathed the gas to go under.

I usually woke up with the nappy wet.

I grew to like the General Anaesthetic procedure, Well the breathing yourself to sleep bit, not the waking up bit.

That was always horrid.

13 hours ago, 1950potty said:

jbz2079  Even today general anesthesia even for "normal" adults that will last any length of time will have a urinary cath inserted.  preventing the field from being contaminated.

Wonder if that’s standard procedure.  I’ve had general anesthesia three times for hour to two procedures and only once do I recall waking with a cath.  Might they have removed it before waking the other times?

those other procedures might have been too short to be cathed.  But it is possible they were removed.   i had one after bypass surgery.  And it was one less thing to have to hurt to try and do.  Two days later they took it out and I said "OH now I'll have to pee."

12 hours ago, 1950potty said:

those other procedures might have been too short to be cathed.  But it is possible they were removed.   i had one after bypass surgery.  And it was one less thing to have to hurt to try and do.  Two days later they took it out and I said "OH now I'll have to pee."

@rubbersheetmike

I don't think I ever wet during a procedure:  Most of the time, they either Cath you, or the drugs they give you sort of mess with your reflexes, so you don't pee or poop very easily - I don't think that I would have that problem, since most times, the staff would let me use the restroom PRIOR to the procedure.  Problem is, AFTER the procedure: Sometimes they have to give you an enema to get things moving again, because you may not be able to have a BM to clear the junk out of you.

@1950potty

I've been cathed before:  The thing was in there for a few days, and it felt like my penis was on FIRE sometimes, and with GOOD REASON:  You are passing the urine through a small tube to a "Catch Bag" which is usually set up so it points in the Down sloped position, that way, the pee goes down the tube, and lands in the bag.  a Cath tube makes it so you dont have to worry about having to go: but as you stated, they can HURT/BURN coming out.  I even had a bladder infection, so they had to give me Monistat 7 (Now, I think they call it Monistat 3) to be able to clear the infection, because of the fact that there are bacteria in there that can "Back up" and cause trouble.  First few times I peed standing, it BURNED like hell, until I used the Monistat 3.

Brian

Brian I've heard that before.  but I had no problems with it.  Although when they split your chest wide open, I probably was on heavy pain meds.  In the month following  I think I had an enema about every other day.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2020 at 12:41 PM, 1950potty said:

Brian I've heard that before.  but I had no problems with it.  Although when they split your chest wide open, I probably was on heavy pain meds.  In the month following  I think I had an enema about every other day.

@1950potty

Whenever they do a serious type of surgical procedure, they always "dope you up."  All the meds in the world will make it so you don't hurt for a while, but after the drugs wear off, you will FEEL it - and unfortunately, drugs like that mess with your ability to have a BM, and in some cases, can mess with the ability to PEE too.  Luckily, my ability to PEE was NOT affected by drugs when I had my appendix out 18 years ago - then, they would make you use a suppository if you could NOT have a BM within a week, and in my case, it RIPPED me apart, and the PAIN was the WORST I have felt in my life.  Then, they took a Cat Scan of the area of the Appendix, to see if I was healing the way I should.

When they did that, they made me DRINK 5 large plastic JARS of DYE - so they could see the area on the scan:  That stuff tasted like ALCOHOL and I was asked to DRINK all 5 - I needed this stuff ICED to be able to tolerate the dye, and the scan had to be repeated anyways.  The Techs were "playing around" with my IV LIne, and they told me "Your IV is messed up", and I said "Well, you guys keep screwing around with it, so it is NOT doing what it was supposed to do, then they wanted me to drink all of the REST of it, and I refused: I could NO LONGER deal with these incompetent FOOLS, and they told me "Don' F*** around on the table, and we will get this done as fast as possible!"  and the experience was HUMILIATING!

Then, within an HOUR, I had to EXPEL over 1000 mils of the ORANGE DYE, and when I started doing that, I also had a LARGE BM, and it took 10 nurses to get me cleaned up and sorted, and then I asked them to keep the CT Techs away from me UNTIL I could be properly DRESSED, with my shoes on, and proper IV lines doing what they were supposed to do - I had the cath too, so when they told me I could take it out, I told them to go SLOW - They did, and after I spoke with the Charge Nurse, they were a lot more friendly - 2 nurses I had were TOP NOTCH, and they checked on me quite frequently, and when I could NOT handle it anymore, they took over when I "gave up"  and just Hugged the hell outta me, because it hurt so bad......

So, yes, had to deal with Catheters, but only during hospital stays ;)

Take Care,

Brian

• 3 months later...

Ive been through several surgeries on my rt foot. I shattered it in 2003 and I am averaging every 7 years having something else needing to be done.   I am profoundly urinary inco and I wear diapers 24/7. It is well noted in my medical records that I am. I have always worn diapers during procedures and have never have one issue with the hospitals or surgery centers. As a matter of fact the last surgery they actually asked me, during the prep before surgery, if I was wearing diapers or did I need them provided.  I told them I was already wearing one and they nurse said she though I probably was, but was making sure, Because they didn't want me to have any issues during my surgery. According to my wife After surgery they came out into the lobby to tell my wife i was in recovery and doing fine with the exception that my diaper was soaked. They asked my wife if I have any diapers with me and my wife went to the car and got my bag. She went back into the recovery room with them and the two nurses changed my diaper. Sadly I was completely out of it and don't remember it happening at all. MY wife said they handled my diaper change very professionally and I was left to finish waking up. 

• Like 1