LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who collects Stuffies

Dylan992

Not me, I am not a Collector, though there are things I have quite a large number of: 45 records, tiaras, rubber panties and babydolls and 10 dolls, I either use what I have or they are leftovers from earlier times mainly the 45's. I use the tiaras (which album I am making), rubber panties and babydolls. The dolls are a bit different, they are individuals to me with each her own personality. I have all of them that I want

Dolls are of special interest to LG's and their use falls into 4 categories from what I have gleaned from my time either in GirlTAlk. To, or my assiciation with members thereof

1. Collections. These dolls are collected for brand and kind
2."Art" the dolls are collected and arranged in scenes or "tableaux"
3. Accessories. carried or kept simply to identify one as an LG

In these cases there is no feeling for the doll as a person save, at best, outside the story as characters in that and other stories or  just accessories. this leaves
4. Dolls who are loved and played with. ofthen called "play dolls". We appreciate the individual doll as a little person for whom we have affection. Given that each doll is not just a thing, so we do not need a bazillion of them. In fact, having a large number of them would be unpleasant. In fact, I feel pity for the dolls that are not loved and played with because they are never let to become persons with their onw identity and little world which they are just dying to make part of yours

Yup I do!! I collect Build A Bears. I also am a HUGE Stitch fan. I sleep with Stitch. Hes my primary plush. But do have 15 build a bears on my bed. Total last I counted I had over 110 build a bears!

On 6/3/2020 at 11:19 AM, diaperguy said:

Total last I counted I had over 110 build a bears!

Wow! I'm not sure if I could grin and BEAR that ?

Apologies for the pun, it was too easy. I wouldn't say I collect stuffies, but some would say I have a collection. I have currently have 8 stuffies (not a collection by any metric) and it's just the kind of thing that I acquire over time--as opposed to actively seeking out.

• Haha 1

I's got 20, mostly bears, wif some puppers, a big moose, an a Cthulhu my mom crocheted for me. I prefer ta go ta thrift stores an rescue plushies over going ta regular stores for them.

14 hours ago, Davey said:

I's got 20, mostly bears, wif some puppers, a big moose, an a Cthulhu my mom crocheted for me. I prefer ta go ta thrift stores an rescue plushies over going ta regular stores for them.

Thats what I do with build a bears. People make them then give them to thrift stores. So I adopt them and now they have a home.

I have an intense emotional attachment to a pillow-sized stuffed piggy I've had my entire life; I attempted to start a collection of whatever caught my eye (mostly piggies) but I just couldn't really get into it. I felt more like I was just buying for decoration than its intended use, and that's pretty much what purpose they're serving now. I guess I'm strictly monogamous when it comes to stuffies, just one for me for all purposes.

I collect stuffies, I have a considerable number of Webkinz living on my bed, along with a couple of weighted plushies and a few jellycats.  My main companion who comes with me everywhere right now is Momo, a little jellycat elephant.

I have about 9 I think. I feel bad that they've got to lie uncuddled, but I've got a squirrel one that my best friend and sister brought for me when they came here. I went to sleep last night with Ekorn (Norsk for squirrel) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this one back up.

I wouldn't call it collecting, because I didn't buy 'em to just sit on a shelf to look at.  But I have quite a few "big cat" plushies (lions, tigers, etc).  A few bears too and 1 fox.  Two of the tigers are my faves for sleeping with (one on each side of course). 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 3:03 PM, Davey said:

He's adorable!

11 minutes ago, NannaAnnabelle said:

Oh my! I bet he's the softest thing! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

He really is :) at 3 and a half feet he is big enough to be super snuggly with me too 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like stuffies, but I'm careful not to go too overboard, so I wouldn't say I collect them. I do have quite a few though. From my childhood, I have a Starlight horse from Rainbow Bright, a purring baby Simba and baby Nala. As an adult, I've added a white tiger, a pink tiger cub, a purple tiger cub- both from the local zoo giftshop- from Build A Bear: a black cat, a white with green and red mint Christmas bear, a pink with hearts all over it Valentine's kitty, a white St Patrick's Day bear with green shamrocks, and two bunnies. Oh, and from the local museum gift shop, a teal bat whose wings wrap around things like a snap bracelet. He was too cute to pass up. That's 13, and to keep it from getting too big, I don't allow myself to buy anymore stuffies. Unless I can find a blue tiger cub or a teal one. Or cheetah cubs. Also, if anyone is looking to get some stuffies and donate at the same time, especially as Christmas is near, the world wildlife federation has a bunch of unique and adorable animal stuffies.  (Just throwing that out there.) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have many that I’ve kept since childhood, many of whom have names, personalities, and voices of their own. I always preferred generic animals to stuffed versions of specific characters for that reason, though I have some of those also; I like to feel that I’m free to make them my own. It’s interesting to note that I have always kept them, long after such a collection might be considered unmanly. I slept with a large stuffed orca (Big Daddy) nightly well into my teens. Perhaps this was a foreshadow of my infantile tendencies that I only really came to understand in adulthood. More recently I have acquired several stuffies of the “My Neighbor Totoro” characters for home decor purposes, though the large Totoro that lives on my couch is snuggle-sized and gets some love. I also got a giant teddy bear some years ago; there is something about oversized stuffed animals for this oversized toddler...it’s a scale thing, like the 22oz bottles of baby powder, or my giant rubber ducky...

• 1 month later...

I am obsessed with stuffies ❤️❤️❤️ I have about 21 out in the open, some in a stuffie net and 2 big ones :3 My fave brand though are squishmallows :3 its relaxing to just lay back on your stuffie pile with a bottle, good times RIBBIT ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I do! I don't collect one stuffie type but I do have many. Mostly squishmallows I would say though I have a harder time finding them now that they are more popular. I also have a ton of beanie boos and then just other assorted stuffies that wanted to come home with me . They are all so cute I just keep amassing more and more of them!!

• 6 months later...