LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the best diaper to wear for bowl incontinence

2 hours ago, Dylan992 said:

Hi everyone I was just wondering what are some good products for bowel incontinence I'm currently using pull-ups sometimes they don't hold as well

MegaMax, Dry 24/7. Both with a booster in the front half for urinary incontinence. Both have tall leg guards that work well for containment. A good PUL covering if you are confined to sitting because you will get an eventual leak around the legs. Pull ups won’t generally work for bowel incontinence

• Like 1

Check your local goodwill and thrift stores.  You say you are incontinent in your profile but that doesn't say bladder or bowel specifically.  If you are only bowel incontinent and have been wearing pull ups, then check your local thrift stores and Goodwill for adult diapers.  I can usually get a store type brand of tape on diapers like Attends or Prevail for around $4 a package when they have them.  That would be a good start.  Otherwise try WalMart diapers, CVS or Wallgreens to start out.   If you are not bladder incontinent then going with a thick premium diaper like Mega Max, Betterdry or Confidry 24/7 would be overkill and a good waste of money.  Why some might ask?  If you don't wet but only mess due to bowel incontinence, why wear a 10 hour capacity diaper that costs a lot when you will just mess and most likely change it within an hour?  Use what you need and not more than you need.  Now, if you both wet and mess (and if you are wearing pull ups I can't see them holding much wetness anyway), trying a middle of the road type diaper like store brands first and see how they work would be a good way to go.  The store type brands I get will last me 3 to 4 hours average of pretty heavy wetting.  If you don't wet that much, an average lower end brand of diaper should last you at least 3 to 4 hours and definitely much longer than pull ups.  The biggest difference is for messing.  Actual tape on diapers will hold a good load of poo because of their design, wider crotch and full back.  They don't have to be super thick premium diapers to hold a good mess.  I would start lower end and see how that works.  If you want to eventually try a thick premium diaper so you can wet and mess in it and stay in it for 6 or 7 hours, then you can spend big bucks on premium diapers.  I say start slow first, save some money and see how that works.  Low end diapers may be all that you will need since you are making do now with just pull ups.  If not, you can always upgrade to premium diapers if you need to.  If you have to wear due to bowel incontinence, a big advantage for lower end diapers are they are thinner and much more discreet when out and about at work or in public and easier to hide than a thick bulky premium diaper.

• Like 1

I wear a few different diapers which are the Northshore supreme, dry 24/7, tranquility atn, total dry plus diaper and all of these brands are good if you mess your diaper. 

There are many good products out there.  However, for bowel incontinence, look for a plastic shell and  tall and stiff internal standing leak guards.  These keep the mess away from the leg gathers.  Of course, any diaper must fit your personal shape or it will not work.

As Rusty has mentioned, if you are primarily bowel incontinent, high absorbency will not be required.  Also note that the fecal material will block much of the diaper from absorbing pee.

Then, a diaper cover (plastic pants) is an absolute must.  Any diaper cover will help contain a leak, but vinyl or rubber (real rubber) pants will be better at containing odor.

As others have indicated, you will need to experiment to find what works best for you.

Good luck!

--John

(double incontinent)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 1:06 PM, Dylan992 said:

Hi everyone I was just wondering what are some good products for bowel incontinence I'm currently using pull-ups sometimes they don't hold as well

For me these work wonders.  Though you should try different ones.  I have tried the Tranquilty ATN's but for me they have leaked when I messed myself.

But the ones I am giving the link to held up nicely.

https://us.abuniverse.com/product/spc/

https://us.abuniverse.com/product/whi/

https://us.abuniverse.com/product/sdk/

I have each of these coming soon. I am hoping they will come this Thursday as next week I am going away for a few days and want them to come with me.

I also have these coming.  with the ones above.  https://us.abuniverse.com/product/cus/  But I do not remember trying them.

My primary diapers are Seni diapers and Dry 24/7 diapers. They are all very good at containing #2 accidents because they have stand up leg guards. Good stand up leg guards are the key to not having poop oozing out of the diaper between your legs.

48 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

what do you mean stand up leg guards?

When you unfold the disposable diaper, there is standing leak or leg guard that needs to be free to stand up to keep poop from leaking out of the diaper. When you first unfold the diaper, the standing leak or leg guard is normally stuck down and you need to run your finger along it to free it from the diaper to allow it to stand up. This provides a standing barrier inside the diaper that normally helps keep messes contained within the diaper.

20 minutes ago, fillemup said:

When you unfold the disposable diaper, there is standing leak or leg guard that needs to be free to stand up to keep poop from leaking out of the diaper. When you first unfold the diaper, the standing leak or leg guard is normally stuck down and you need to run your finger along it to free it from the diaper to allow it to stand up. This provides a standing barrier inside the diaper that normally helps keep messes contained within the diaper.

Thank you I guess I never new that.