LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What to do with diaper stash when moving?

Firefly 35

Question

I'll probably be moving to a new place in a few months and am trying to decide what to do with my diaper stash.  Basically, should I bring it with me to the new place or sell most of it before so that there's less to pack?  Or perhaps a different option altogether?  Any thoughts are apprecieted.

16 answers to this question

13 hours ago, spaceman2020 said:

why not box it up and ship by mail to your new address?

Great idea, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that before. 

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. 

• Like 1

I've been relocated several times, and here's what I've done....

First, like everything that you have to pack, determine if it is still valued enough to move to your new domicile.  This is the best time for you to go through everything you own and get rid of stuff that is just taking up space.  Have a yard sale, give stuff to Goodwill, etc.  For your diaper stuff you no longer want, have a virtual yard sale online, or give it away in the Freecycle forum.

Next, determine what is replaceable and what isn't replaceable.  For example, any diaper that is still currently available for sale is replaceable, such as MegaMaxs, ABU Spaces, etc.  While you will probably want to take them, they are the things that you may end up not taking should space be an issue.  Things that are not replaceable such as VI Products vinyl pants will go with you personally, and not on the moving van.

Next, of the stuff that is replaceable, see if you can get your inventory down to a reasonable level prior to moving.  This is the time to use what you have on hand, between now and your relocation date.  Once you move you can order new supplies to be delivered to your new domicile.

If you are moving yourself and it's a fairly local move, consider getting a storage unit to help during this time.  Take stuff you know you will need at your new place but don't need right now to the storage unit.  This will help when the day comes for you to make the actual move -- instead of having to move everything from one place to another in one day, this will give you time to make the transition so you won't do it in a hurried, haphazard fashion.

If you are anticipating having friends that are not ABDLs assisting in the move, box up all of your supplies yourself prior to them helping you.  Tape the box up well to keep prying eyes from getting into your personal life.

I could probably think of other tips, but that's what I got right now....

On 5/24/2020 at 11:01 AM, WetDad said:

Why treat it any different than the rest of your stuff? 

On 5/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, Luvs24 said:

Just take them with you, why try and sell them?

I seriously doubt I'll be able to find an ABDL-friendly roommate, which is the main reason.  Also my parents/relatives might be helping me with packing and moving things, and they don't respect privacy very much.

22 hours ago, dyperbole said:

I've been relocated several times, and here's what I've done....

First, like everything that you have to pack, determine if it is still valued enough to move to your new domicile.  This is the best time for you to go through everything you own and get rid of stuff that is just taking up space.  Have a yard sale, give stuff to Goodwill, etc.  For your diaper stuff you no longer want, have a virtual yard sale online, or give it away in the Freecycle forum.

Next, determine what is replaceable and what isn't replaceable.  For example, any diaper that is still currently available for sale is replaceable, such as MegaMaxs, ABU Spaces, etc.  While you will probably want to take them, they are the things that you may end up not taking should space be an issue.  Things that are not replaceable such as VI Products vinyl pants will go with you personally, and not on the moving van.

Next, of the stuff that is replaceable, see if you can get your inventory down to a reasonable level prior to moving.  This is the time to use what you have on hand, between now and your relocation date.  Once you move you can order new supplies to be delivered to your new domicile.

If you are moving yourself and it's a fairly local move, consider getting a storage unit to help during this time.  Take stuff you know you will need at your new place but don't need right now to the storage unit.  This will help when the day comes for you to make the actual move -- instead of having to move everything from one place to another in one day, this will give you time to make the transition so you won't do it in a hurried, haphazard fashion.

If you are anticipating having friends that are not ABDLs assisting in the move, box up all of your supplies yourself prior to them helping you.  Tape the box up well to keep prying eyes from getting into your personal life.

I could probably think of other tips, but that's what I got right now....

Thanks for the tips.

We moved a year ago and I just bought the Black and yellow containers from Costco they are larger than the ones Lowes sell, and when you get moved in they make great storage for anything else, plus they are mostly water proof, I just used a sharpie to mark on the edge of the yellow top, on the side part. I just marked them towels and moved them. We did have a couple storage units to make it easier to get moved in. I stored several containers for a month or so with other stuff. in the storage units.

I now use them for storage in our shed for stuff that I want to keep dry, and bug, and rodent free.

I built up a good stash and didn't want to replace it.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Great idea, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that before. 

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. 

@Firefly 35

That is an EXCELLENT IDEA!!  I went to Tallahassee Florida 3 times, and 2 of the 3 times I went, I was able to save a lot of money - At the time, my Buddy Steve was working for Bayliner, and what he did was to have me pack up my suitcases and anything else I did NOT want to bring onboard a plane, and he FREIGHTED all the stuff up here to Vermont at company expense.  So he shipped my suitcases and other items via ROADWAY to Vermont, and I had within a week.

I am not sure how many boxes are in your stash, but it would be FAR easier to ship the stuff ahead of you, knowing your arrival date at your new place, and the approximate arrival date of your stash, so that you are already at your new home, and can simply receive it, and store it, that way, people who don't need to know your business (what's in the boxes) don't have to know :)

Good Luck!

Brian

If you are using plastic storage boxes or trunks and don't want anyone opening them, slip a zip-tie through the holes or lock so it will require a knife or scissors to open and this way you can tell whoever is helping you NOT to open the zip-tied containers.  Easy Peezy.

You'd have to box them up to sell them, so box them up and take them with you.

I mean, if you really don't want to move them and aren't sure what to do with them, donate them to an elderly home. I'd wear a mask and do it in the evening, but that's me. ? If you're taking your car, and your just worried about them being found out, put it in the car instead of  the moving truck. I do this with not only private stuff, but sentimental that I don't want to lose and jewelry or stuff I don't want ripped off.