LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Am I The Only One Having This Problem?

I'm sort of new to the diaper world, so this might sound dumb. My diapers leak from the side, and it seems like from the diapers I've seen (though I admit that I haven't seen THAT much) the others wouldn't help. Since there's no absorbent cloth at the side, when I'm lying down or sometimes even when I'm just sitting (usually not when I'm sitting, though), it leaks out the side. Am I the only one having this problem? How do you guys who wet the bed not leak while you're asleep?

No, you are not the only one. I too have trouble with them leaking out the sides. Mainly while I am sleeping no matter which way I sleep. I like to put a diaper booster in the sides if that happens. If that fails I will sleep on top of an absorbent bed pad. I hope that helped, good luck!

As Baby dan dan says get a good bed pad, that will take away the worry of leaks.

I found early on that if "Percy" is pointing North you will get a wet bed, but if you point him down (South) then usually the Nappy takes it all without leaks, however getting used to doing that was not easy for me as it initially felt very uncomfortable, but you do get used to it along with a dry bed (hopefully !).

Best of luck in obtaining and maintaining a dry bed ! :thumbsup:

I am incontinent, and wear abena x-plus 24/7. I don't sleep on my side too much, but on occasion I do, and have not leaked. I would say that you should always point yourself down, and wear diapers with the standing inner leak guards, and a snug fit. I always fold over the front waist band about an inch to the inside as well, I feel this helps when I sleep on my stomach to not leak out over the top front of the diaper. And always use a good under pad, I got one of those washable ones that I put under the sheet, it is barely noticeable that way, but when you leak, only the sheets and the pad get wet making clean up a lot easier. Hope this helps.

Iowaincon

Guest Craig

I've had the problem with leaks on the side, too. One thing that has helped me a lot is to use booster pads as mentioned above, although I've tried a bunch of different approaches over the years.

Abena has a booster pad they call, "Abri-Let" that's available at drugstore.com among other places. The pad is really long, so I just cut it in half and put one half on each side so it "connects" the padding in the front wing with the padding in the back.

That has gone a long way to solving the problem for me at least.

Of course, there is only one way to completely eliminate leaks and that is not to wet in your sleep - something that's never been an option for me.

All the best.

I tried diapers with that clothlike cover and they seem to leak through that material, if you wear them for and extended period, like overnight, you may want to try plastic covered diapers, or get some plastic or rubber pants, in my mind that is really babyish, because thats the way I wore diapers the first time around...

Disposables leak when lying on my side no matter what brand they are (some worse than others - Abena X-plus and Lille Maxi are the best for me)... I hate disposables for that!!! Even on front I got a leak over the top.... :(

So when at home I wear cloth with plastic pants and very, very rarely leak. Also feels much more like being properly nappied as a I was in my early years!! :D

Just my 2C worth!!! lol

Simba :biker_h4h: