LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Onesies Down Under sizing question...

PinkGecko

I decided to make this a separate topic rather than asking in one of the existing onesie threads.

Has anybody purchased a onesie from Onesies Down Under? I'm trying to figure out the sizing before I plunk down the cash for one.

The large ODU onesie measures a 37" chest and the extra-large measures 38.5", so that pretty much puts my 38" chest in the middle. My usual shirt size is a medium, but I've been buying large onesies which fit just fine: a large Rearz onesie is a little snug but a large Lil Kink fits perfectly (as it's stretchier).

If it were a US company I'd take a shot with the large, but since it's overseas and the shipping is costlier, I thought I'd check in here first to see if anyone has any familiarity with the brand.

2 hours ago, PinkGecko said:

Has anybody purchased a onesie from Onesies Down Under? I'm trying to figure out the sizing before I plunk down the cash for one.

I've got a couple of these in XL, & I'm about 38" chest, 5'9"" tall.  The length's right, they're stretchy, they don't shrink much in the wash, and they fit pretty snugly.  I may even try out the XXL if I buy more from them, as I prefer my onesies less clinging.  I doubt you'd be happy with the L.  The quality's good.

7 hours ago, Stroller said:

I've got a couple of these in XL, & I'm about 38" chest, 5'9"" tall.  The length's right, they're stretchy, they don't shrink much in the wash, and they fit pretty snugly.  I may even try out the XXL if I buy more from them, as I prefer my onesies less clinging.  I doubt you'd be happy with the L.  The quality's good.

That's pretty close to me; I'm 6'0". I think I'll go with the XL, I'd rather take a gamble on it being a bit too big than too small. Thanks!

Depends on the onesie you order too! Generally I would suggest going up a size just so you have a little easier time with the snaps and a diaper. I love their onesies!

• 3 weeks later...

I've found their sizing chart to be accurate, but I would recommend that you measure yourself with a diaper on because that has a big impact on the waist size. Also, I'd say spend the extra money to get DHL Express shipping because they don't track the economy shipments which are literal shipping (it leaves on a boat).

I forgot to update. I opted for the XL and I'm very glad I did because I'm sure the large would have been too small. It's still a little snug, especially around the hip area, but it's by no means uncomfortable and there's plenty of room for a diaper. I've also since gotten another Rearz onesie in XL which is a slightly better fit than the large. I guess I have better luck with going up two sizes than one.

• 8 months later...

Onesiesdownunder are now shipping from the US rather than Australia.  I ordered 3 onesies from them last Friday, & was expecting to have to wait a couple of weeks or so.  They arrived this morning - 6 days to get here (UK) from the US, and somehow I've managed to avoid being charged for tax & customs charges.  Result!

I've gone for 2XL this time, & they look about right.  Great little boy fabrics too.  I'm set up for the spring now!

• 1 year later...