LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Baby of the Family

Hi, i want you to know that I made an account here just to comment on this story. I really like your writing style. I have become a fan of your stories. There is something about the way you describe and portray the state of victims that make me empathize with them.

I feel so sorry for Scott, I can literally feel his pain. His helplessness, humiliation and sheer unfairness of the situation made me cry alot.

• Like 1

Special Alert! Patreon now offers annual membership which means instead of paying from month to month you pay once for the whole year! I'm offering a 16% discount (the most Patreon will allow) to anyone who signs up and that works out as roughly two months of free content!

Scott has to leave the relative safety of his bedroom yet again when his biological father asks to see him. Scott has to contend with yet more embarrassment but maybe it isn't as bad as he thought it would be... It may well be better than what is waiting for him back at home.

---

This story has been available on my Patreon page for the last week and with a $5 a month pledge you can see all my updates a week before anyone else. For $10 a month you can get early access plus access to TWENTY-NINE EXCLUSIVE stories that only my patrons get to see.

If you are interested please consider giving my Patreon page a look :)

https://www.patreon.com/Elfy88

---

Scott was laying on his back the next morning and staring up at the ceiling as his mum changed his nappy. He was still thinking about how he was the only padded person in the family. He hadn’t realised until now that he had always consoled himself by saying he wasn’t alone in nappies but now that crutch had been pulled away and exposed as nothing but an excuse.

“Your father wants to see you today.” Deborah said as she wiped her eighteen-year-old son clean, “Your biological father.”

“I can’t… I mean, he’ll know about…” Scott spluttered as he tripped over his words.

“He already knows.” Deborah said simply, “You haven’t seen him in ages. I had to tell him what was going on here though I don’t see what the big deal is.”

Scott cringed as he imagined how his father had reacted to the news. Yet again someone had been told he wore nappies without Scott being informed, at this point he wouldn’t have been surprised if his unfortunate condition had been broadcast on the national news. Scott’s mum was correct though, Scott would usually go to his dad’s for at least a day each weekend but it had been a long time since he had last done that.

“I’ll be dropping you off over there after lunch.” Deborah finally said when Scott remained silent for the rest of the nappy change.

Scott spent the morning trying to think about how conversations with his father would go. There wasn’t a scenario that didn’t leave him feeling entirely humiliated and embarrassed. His dad knew that he had issues with being able to hold on for the toilet sometimes but Scott was sure he had never imagined his son would end up like this.

The car journey was quiet. Scott was mortified that his mother decided that he should sit in the child seat. He had begged not to be forced to sit there the entire time he was strapped in, by the time Deborah had finished tightening the straps Scott didn’t have much room at all. His bag with a change of clothes was next to him and over against the far door was his dreaded nappy bag. Scott had watched his mum pack the bag full of nappies and changing supplies with an inevitable dread.

“Here we are.” Deborah said as she pulled up on the curb outside the house, “I’ll walk you in.”

Scott had to wait in the car seat with his legs dangling over the edge until his mother opened the door and released him. He dropped down and gathered his two bags before following his mother up the path to the house with his proverbial tail between his legs.

“Hello Deborah.” Scott’s dad said when he opened the door, “And Scott! It’s good to see you!”

“Hi, Dad.” Scott replied sheepishly.

“Lewis.” Deborah said politely but without any great warmth. They had been divorced a long time and although there was no hate between them it was clear neither wanted to spend more time with the other than necessary.

“I’ve got Scott until tomorrow, right?” Lewis asked.

“Yes, he’s all yours.” Deborah replied as she patted Scott on the head, “Are you sure you’ll be able to handle his nap-”

“I’ll be fine.” Lewis smiled and stepped aside, “Come on in, Scott.”

Scott walked in and after hearing some muttered pleasantries the door was closed. There was a rather awkward silence in the hallway as Scott couldn’t look up at his dad and Lewis had no idea what to say to his son.

“I’m going to take this stuff up to my room…” Scott muttered after a silence that felt like it stretched into infinity.

“Sure.” Lewis said, “I’ll be in the living room if you need… Well, if you need me.”

Scott was glad to get away. He liked his dad a lot but he had no idea how to approach the topic of nappies with him. He went up the stairs and down the landing to his bedroom, he dropped his bags on the floor and flopped down on to his bed. His nappy was already damp despite being changed shortly before the trip here.

After a few minutes Scott realised he wouldn’t be able to hide away in his room forever and his poor father hadn’t had a chance to see him in ages. The nappy problem would be brought up sooner or later so Scott decided to be courageous for once and head to the living room.

On the stairs Scott listened out for any crinkling but his trousers did a decent job of keeping the noise down. He could hear the television on in the living room as he got close, as soon as the door opened Lewis looked around. Scott walked straight over to the couch and sat down, he deliberately looked at the TV.

“Scott, I just want to say that you don’t have to be embarrassed around me.” Lewis said after a few minutes in front of the television, “I know about your issues and I want to help you with it.”

“Thanks, Dad.” Scott replied. He knew he was blushing but there was little he could do about that.

“It’s just a temporary thing.” Lewis continued with a smile, “You’ll get through it. You just need to keep trying and soon you’ll be back in your old underwear.”

Scott smiled despite his embarrassment and with the ice broken the two men started talking about sports and music, it was always their go to conversation topic. For the first time in weeks Scott was able to temporarily forget about all the nappies and other stresses as he talked to his dad just like any other time. Before he knew it his father was getting up to start dinner.

As Lewis left the room Scott stood up to stretch. He immediately felt his bladder empty itself into the padding, by the time he stopped he was soaked. Even worse he felt a pressure coming from his rear end. After so many days of pooping himself as soon as he felt the need Scott wasn’t concentrating and without thinking he started pushing the poop out of his body.

Scott tried to stop the messy accident far too late. By the time he tried to clench himself closed the poop had already slid out of his body and laid on top of the padding. Scott winced but knew that he might as well finish the job. He squatted low to the ground and felt a rush of hot crap firing out of him and expanding the nappy around his waist.

“Damn…” Scott muttered in defeat as he straightened his legs again.

Scott had known he was very unlikely to get away from here without messing but he hadn’t expected it so soon. He looked to the doorway and knew he would have to ask his father the most embarrassing question he would ever ask.

“Dad…” Scott stood in the doorway to the kitchen. He could feel the slimy mess in his nappy rubbing against his legs.

“What’s up?” Lewis asked without turning from the kitchen counter.

“I ne-” Scott started.

“Oh, hold on a second. I forgot, do you prefer beef or pork?” Lewis asked oblivious of his son’s discomfort.

“What? Oh… Beef, I suppose.” Scott replied, “But I really ne-”

“Beef, of course!” Lewis said as he walked over to the fridge which happened to be right next to Scott, “I bought both just in case.”

“Thanks…” This was getting harder the longer this was drawn out, “But I re-”

“Wait a minute…” Lewis closed the fridge door. He was looking around as if he couldn’t quite place his finger on something, “Do you smell that?”

“Yes, I do.” Scott was cringing, “I ne-”

“Oh, don’t tell me the sewage pipe burst AGAIN!” Lewis threw his hands in the air, “It took me two months of complaining to the landlord for him to ge-”

“I POOPED MYSELF!” Scott finally yelled over his dad. He was exasperated by the constant interruptions and his frustrations temporarily overcame his embarrassment.

“I… You… Oh.” Lewis looked taken aback, “Sorry, I should’ve let you finish.”

“It’s fine.” Scott felt the humiliation flooding his body again. It was a sadly familiar feeling for him, “But I would really like a change.”

“O-Of course.” Lewis looked around the kitchen, “Yeah, we have time to sort that out before I need to do anything. Let’s, erm, get this done.”

Scott turned around and as he awkwardly waddled back towards the stairs he felt like he could feel his dad looking down at his butt. He went up and into the bedroom where his bags were, his dad followed a few feet behind. Scott picked up the bag with all the changing supplies and handed it to his father.

“It’s been quite a while since I’ve done this.” Lewis said with a nervous chuckle.

Scott put his hands on his trousers but didn’t pull them down. He looked around at the room he had spent a lot of time in and then up at his dad who still looked anxious about the task he had to perform. All of a sudden Scott wasn’t sure he could do this. One of his hands went up and covered his eyes as panic threatened to overwhelm his whole body.

“Hey, hey, hey.” Lewis stepped forwards and put a hand on Scott’s shoulder, “It’s OK. Remember what I said, this is just a little blip. I’m not judging you for this, I just want you to be comfortable. I won’t pretend this isn’t weird but I’m here for you.”

Scott nodded his head and with embarrassment he pulled down on his pants exposing his nappy to his dad for the first time. He tried to avoid his dad’s look of obvious shock as he sat on the edge of the bed and spread his accident. He took a deep breath as he laid back and felt the poop get smeared up towards his lower back.

“Right…” Lewis said as he clapped his hands together like someone about to put together flat pack furniture.

“Do you need help?” Scott asked as he looked up at the ceiling.

“No, no. I’ve got it.” Lewis said, “You just, erm, relax?”

If Scott hadn’t been so embarrassed he would’ve found this funny. His dad held up a fresh nappy and turned it around as if he had never seen one before and then dropped the tub of baby wipes causing some to drop out over the floor. It was far from the sleek procedure Scott was used to with his mum.

Eventually the tapes were pulled off the front of the nappy which was lowered to expose the extent of the accident it contained. Clearly Lewis hadn’t been expecting the smell as he quickly recoiled, when he saw the mortified look his son was giving him he quickly tried to cover his tracks.

“I’m just going to open a window…” Lewis said haltingly to try and explain his hesitation.

Despite his horror at the situation he was in Scott couldn’t help but laugh. His small giggling became bigger and bigger until he had to stop himself rolling off the nappy he was still sitting on. He didn’t even know why he was laughing, there was something about his dad’s awkwardness that just seemed to break the stress for a moment. Lewis, despite not knowing exactly why Scott was laughing, found the mirth infectious and soon he was laughing as well.

For five minutes the two men laughed about the absurdity of the situation and even about the fact they were laughing. Finally Lewis came back to the bed and started cleaning his son’s nappy area. His inexperience only made Scott laugh more and to everyone’s surprise the rest of the change happened without incident.

The stay at his dad’s ended up being a great time for Scott. After the change they watched a bunch of football together whilst talking and Lewis even cancelled his plan of cooking dinner in favour of ordering pizza. It was great fun and even the nappy changes lost any of their awkwardness. Scott was sad that the next day when he had to pack his thigs away and head back home. When he saw his mum’s car pull up he hugged his dad goodbye and walked down to meet her.

“Hello, sweetie.” Deborah said as he opened the rear door, “Did you have fun?”

“Yes, Mummy.” Scott replied sheepishly.

Without being prompted Scott had sat himself in the car seat and Deborah had stepped out of the car to strap him in. Once he was fully secured she placed her palm against his nappy, when she felt that it was dry she nodded her head approvingly.

“I take it Lewis changed you recently?” Deborah asked with arched eyebrows.

Scott nodded in embarrassment. He didn’t want to admit it but the only times he was dry these days was when he had just been changed and simply not had time to wet himself. Deborah sighed tiredly and then walked back to the driver’s seat. Scott saw a couple of young women walk by the car as he waited to leave and he saw them look in, they hurried away giggling when they saw the big baby.

Scott was glad when they finally pulled off the curb and started driving home. Scott sat back and allowed himself to sink into the restrictive and cramped seat. His head lulled against the side support of the seat as he watched their progress out of the windows. The trip was short and when the car stopped and Scott was unbuckled he hopped out of the car with a sigh of resignation. It felt like all the stress that had lifted off his shoulders had dropped back on them again.

Scott walked in the front door and took his shoes off slowly. He headed straight upstairs to put his stuff away and had his mum following him up. He opened the door to his room and walked inside, it was only after a couple of steps that his brain registered that something was different and very, very wrong.

“Now before you overreact…” Deborah started to say from the doorway.

“What have you done to my room!?” Scott exclaimed as he dropped his bag on the floor and looked around.

• Like 12

Special Alert! Patreon now offers annual membership which means instead of paying from month to month you pay once for the whole year! I'm offering a 16% discount (the most Patreon will allow) to anyone who signs up and that works out as roughly two months of free content!

---

Scott has come home to a horrible shock. After finding out just how bad the new situation is he finds himself humiliated by a new person who witnesses just what a big baby he is.

---

This story has been available on my Patreon page for the last week and with a $5 a month pledge you can see all my updates a week before anyone else. For $10 a month you can get early access plus access to TWENTY-NINE EXCLUSIVE stories that only my patrons get to see.

---

“Listen to me.” Deborah said as she closed the bedroom door, “This is just a temporary thing because…”

“Damn right it’s temporary!” Scott yelled, “And it stops now. Get it all out!”

“Watch your tone.” Deborah warned.

Scott turned back to the room and had another look at the changes from the previous morning. His bed had been replaced by the crib from Huw’s room. A changing table was now pushed up against the opposite wall dominating the view. A lot of Scott’s things had been removed and replaced by the toys and detritus of Huw’s room. The only thing that remained was his computer which was sat on his desk now awkwardly squeezed between the bed and the changing table.

“Mummy, I can’t sleep in a crib!” Scott whined as his eyes teared up.

“You’ve already done it once.” Deborah unnecessarily reminded Scott of his previous trip, “And we really had no choice.”

“Just… why?” Scott asked as his shoulders slumped.

“Huw is out of nappies and even pull-ups.” Deborah stated, “He found out that Hailey had a grown-up room and wanted the same thing.”

“So you gave him my stuff?” Scott asked with cheeks reddened from a mixture of embarrassment and anger.

“Well, I thought about what Huw said and I agreed with him.” Deborah said, “It was unfair that he had to sleep in a room for a baby when he wasn’t one anymore. I spoke to your step-father and he agreed that Huw needed to be rewarded for his potty training success so we switched the rooms around a bit.”

“But Mummy, I’m eighteen…” Scott whined.

“And you are in nappies constantly.” Deborah reasoned, “What sense is it to have a changing table in the room of someone who doesn’t need it when someone who does need it is just down the landing?”

Scott looked down at his feet but didn’t say anything. As if to emphasise his mother’s point he felt a warmth burst into the front of his nappy without even knowing he needed to go. He thought about his potty but it was, of course, far too late to ask to use it.

“We put Huw’s toys in here and took out your adult stuff because… Well, we hope it might motivate you to potty train a bit more.” Deborah said simply, “Look, this is all temporary until you get out of the nappies and then we can bring your stuff back in, get rid of the changing table and buy you a new bed.”

It was getting annoying to Scott how everyone kept saying this was temporary. It was feeling pretty damn permanent to him and he had no reason to believe the situation was going to change.

Scott hated how fair everything his mum had said sounded. The thought of a new bed and everything else was very exciting but he knew that successfully potty training was still a long, long way off. He was starting to doubt if he could do it all.

“Dinner will be in a few hours.” Deborah said as she ruffled her son’s hair, “You’re free to do whatever until then. I’ll have your potty nearby if and when you need it.”

Scott sadly nodded his head as his mum turned and left the room. As soon as he was alone Scott looked around the room again. The crib, despite being Huw’s until yesterday, would fit Scott well because it had always been large and Scott wasn’t a big man. It wouldn’t be the most comfortable sleep ever but it wasn’t like he had a choice now. With a shiver of humiliation and fear Scott realised he was now basically his youngest brother.

---

The first night that Scott slept in the crib was very uncomfortable. Whilst he wasn’t too cramped the knowledge that he was surrounded by bars made him very uneasy. He tossed and turned a lot and multiple times hit the bars accidentally. He was woken up the next morning when Deborah came in to let him out of the baby bed, his nappy was soaked and desperately needed changing which meant crossing the room to the purpose built changing table.

It was so strange for Scott to see this as his own room and it took multiple days before he stopped being surprised when he saw all the baby equipment. The changing table was now used for all his changes and he had to admit it made the changes easier for both his parents and himself. The longer the equipment remained in his room the less it felt like all this would be temporary.

Scott’s potty training was barely progressing at all. In a desperate bid to get her son to gain some semblance of control over his bladder or bowels it would be common at points throughout the day for Scott’s nappy to be taken off so he could sit on his potty for a while. It was incredibly humiliating to do this in the living room in front of his family but Scott was even more desperate than Deborah for the potty training to work. Occasionally he would end up using the potty but it was just chance whether he was sitting on it when he needed to go, he had no real control.

Scott found that the contents of his wardrobe had also been replaced. The adult clothes he hadn’t worn for weeks or longer had disappeared to be replaced by more childish outfits. Lots of bright colours and clothes that did little to hide his padded state. Onesies started appearing, clothing that was like an elongated shirt that snapped closed between his legs. The thin material bulged out with the padding underneath it, it was by far the most humiliating thing he had to start wearing. It gave him no privacy and his nappy was even more obvious than usual when wearing it. Elliot loved the onesies, of course, and Scott was dismayed that both his mum and step-dad also seemed to really like the ease it gave them to check when he was wet or messy.

A lot of Scott’s days were filled with watching children’s television next to Huw whilst playing silly baby games. The show he always paid a little more attention to was “Arthur” because even though it was for small children it had just enough to entertain him as well. One day Scott was watching TV with Huw as usual when he heard his mum come in the front door. She wasted little time in coming in to the living room with a bag.

“Oh, this is just too adorable!” Deborah gushed as she walked in and sat down on the couch gesturing for Scott to come over, “You have to see what Granny has made you!”

Scott winced. Margaret, the grandmother Scott had last met at his aunt’s house, had taken to sewing clothes for all her grandchildren including Scott. Her clothes were some of the worst Scott owned not because of the quality but because they were often the most childish.

“Close your eyes!” Deborah said excitedly before waiting for her son to comply.

Scott dutifully closed his eyes and soon felt his shirt being lifted over his head leaving him naked from the waist up. There was some fumbling accompanied by his mum’s excited noises before he felt a new shirt being pulled down over his head.

“It’s just fantastic!” Deborah said as she straightened the shirt out.

The fit was certainly good. Scott could feel the shirt hang nicely over him as he stood there with his eyes closed but the size had never been his biggest concern. When he opened his eyes and looked down he was rendered speechless. The shirt was a light yellow and had Arthur’s face plastered to the front. The cartoon aardvark was smiling and giving a thumbs up. Of course, Scott didn’t get a say in when he wore it but at dinner that evening Elliot found it incredibly funny.

Scott was rarely asked if he needed a nappy change these days. Often the first he knew of someone wanting to check him was when they placed their hand on his nappy and prodded it. Humiliatingly, Huw had taken to copying his parents and also checking Scott. Scott pulled away when the toddler did it the first time but Deborah insisted that if Huw wanted to check him then Scott had to let it happen. It always felt worse when Huw was the one to announce to people that Scott had wet himself.

A day after the Arthur shirt arrived Scott was horrified to find out that both Huw and Elliot were bringing friends home. A local family who had children the same age as the younger brothers had become very friendly with Scott’s family. Elliot and Huw had become good friends with these other children and as Nick changed Scott’s nappy one afternoon he told his step-son that Deborah and the boys had gone to pick the other boys up and bring them back here.

“Can I at least stay up here?” Scott asked as his new nappy was taped up and the onesie he was wearing popped closed.

“Sure.” Nick replied, “But you will be coming down for dinner with everyone.”

Scott stayed on the changing table looking up at the ceiling long after his step-father left the room. He was contemplating everything that was happening and wondered if he could run away to his dad’s house. Unfortunately he had had that very conversation and the long and short of it was that leaving home wasn’t feasible. Scott’s dad was often away for long periods with work and no one seemed to think Scott would be capable of living on his own.

The only thing that stirred Scott from his stupor was when he heard the front door open. He grimaced as he heard unfamiliar voices and knew that sooner or later the new kids would find out about his shame. He finally dropped off the table and pushed the door closed. Once that was done he did the only adult thing he could and went to his computer.

Scott went on to the internet and started trying to find something to do. His time online wasn’t as fun as it used to be thanks to the adult content blocker his parents had installed but he still found things to take up his time. He even managed to forget about the people downstairs and focus on himself, he found a game that he was enjoying and he didn’t even let the sudden nappy wetting distract him. With his headphones on and his mind absorbed by the game it was as if he was in his own little world.

There was a lull in the music of his game and he thought he heard some hushed voices. He frowned and wondered what tab on his browser could be making such a noise. He lifted one of his headphones off his ear and heard a much clearer giggle. His heart seemed to freeze and for a second he couldn’t breathe. He turned in his chair and saw Elliot holding the door open whilst Huw and the two outsiders looked in. They were laughing and whispering to each other as they shared in the horrible secret.

“Get out!” Scott yelled desperately.

He tried to run to the door to close it but with his headphones still on he was stopped halfway and he fell backwards on his back. His onesie clad crotch pointed at the doorway as he started getting back up. The other kids were openly laughing now but by the time Scott was back on his feet Elliot had closed the door and the four boys had ran along the landing to the teenager’s bedroom.

Scott sat on his padded butt feeling more embarrassed than ever. It was embarrassing enough knowing that these other people were going to know he wore nappies but now they had seen the shameful state of his room which looked more like a nursery these days. From the room next door Scott could hear raucous laughter. Balling his fists in helpless frustration Scott went back to his computer as the sun started to lower in the sky.

“Boys!” Deborah’s voice called up the stairs after another hour or so, “Dinner’s ready.”

Scott felt his stomach drop but the first thing he did was to rush over to the door. He leaned against it as he heard his brother’s door open and four sets of footsteps walked past and down the stairs. Scott waited for a minute to make sure they were gone before he cautiously opened his door.

Scott knew he wasn’t to put on any more clothes or change what he already had. His onesie did a poor job of hiding the nappy that had swelled up with pee already. The absorbent padding pushed the taut onesie material out and revealed what was underneath.

Scott walked down the stairs with dread and then down the hallway into the kitchen. The table was crowded with the other two people joining them for dinner and there didn’t seem to be any seats free for the latecomer. Scott looked around at the suddenly silent table wondering where he should sit, the last seat his eyes fell upon was Huw’s old highchair which was back at the table and empty.

“Mummy, no…” Scott whined desperately as he tried to preserve the little that remained of his dignity.

“It’s the only seat left.” Deborah replied dispassionately.

“Make Huw sit in it.” Scott whined. He could see the four children laughing at him as his face went redder and redder.

“That would hardly be fair to him since he’s been such a big boy recently.” Deborah said simply as if she was explaining something to a child too young to understand, “Come on now. We’ve got some yummy lunch for you.”

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Elfy, thanks for yet another exciting update about Scott.

11 hours ago, Babytom948 said:

Is Arthur an Aardvark?I thought he was a wombat or something.

There are books and TV shows about Arthur the anteater. He is a giant anteater. Those are native to South America. Aardvarks are from Africa. Although they eat ants as well as other food, aardvarks are not related to giant anteaters. Wombats are native to Australia. Like aardvarks wombats live in burrows. Wombats eat plants and vegetables.

15 hours ago, Sammy9 said:

Does anybody else thinks that our boy Scott here is going down the depression lane?

He is resisting nothing and becoming more and more silent presence in the back

Yeah I've been having the same feeling. I mean realistically wouldn't any person get depressed over this? Maybe even people who are into abdl would get depressed over this and feel like abused.
They develop some kind of incontinence problem and then the family responds by treating the person like a baby, their social reputation is ruined so the person would also start to get bullied etc.
heck even being stuck in a crib could make the person develop claustrophobia!

It's a good story though Elfy, I like reading the new chapters!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me too Scott is so sad , and elfy why Scott mom is so mean with him , because she treating him like a baby but without love and care , I mean just because he is a son of another marriage he treated poorly ! Scott mom remember me tommy stepmom from you other story ! I hope Scott have at least some love and care since he treated like a baby and babies have a lot love and cuddles !!!

• Thanks 1

This story increasingly baffles me, but then again, I'm two generations older than you, and a Yank to boot, so perhaps the problem is cultural, generational, or both.  As the chapters unfold, it's not the plot that is drawing my attention, but the setting in which the story is taking place.  First, your protagonist is 18.  Is this the age of jural majority in the UK, or is he still legally a minor?  In the preface and opening paragraphs, he looks like a Droog, straight out of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange.  But as the story progresses, we see a young man who seemingly has no life skills, which leaves him both physically and psychologically fully dependent on a mother whose own behavior strikes me as downright bizarre.  Case in point: he can't go and live with his father because the latter travels a lot.  Huh?  I'm an only child, and my parents couldn't wait for me to become old enough to house sit for them.  This started when I was 14, which meant that by 14 I needed to learn how to cook and do laundry, in addition to all of the chores that were already on my plate.  There was nothing unusual about my upbringing in this regard-- quite the contrary.  And in turn, I was delighted when my kids became old enough for me to put them in charge of the house when I was away on business.  Your protagonist is 18, and he can't be expected to fend for himself?  What is so hard about popping a pizza in the oven?

So, what are we looking at here?  Is this family even remotely real, or are you giving us a DD version of the Addams family?   

3 hours ago, Babypants said:

This story increasingly baffles me, but then again, I'm two generations older than you, and a Yank to boot, so perhaps the problem is cultural, generational, or both.  As the chapters unfold, it's not the plot that is drawing my attention, but the setting in which the story is taking place.  First, your protagonist is 18.  Is this the age of jural majority in the UK, or is he still legally a minor?  In the preface and opening paragraphs, he looks like a Droog, straight out of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange.  But as the story progresses, we see a young man who seemingly has no life skills, which leaves him both physically and psychologically fully dependent on a mother whose own behavior strikes me as downright bizarre.  Case in point: he can't go and live with his father because the latter travels a lot.  Huh?  I'm an only child, and my parents couldn't wait for me to become old enough to house sit for them.  This started when I was 14, which meant that by 14 I needed to learn how to cook and do laundry, in addition to all of the chores that were already on my plate.  There was nothing unusual about my upbringing in this regard-- quite the contrary.  And in turn, I was delighted when my kids became old enough for me to put them in charge of the house when I was away on business.  Your protagonist is 18, and he can't be expected to fend for himself?  What is so hard about popping a pizza in the oven?

So, what are we looking at here?  Is this family even remotely real, or are you giving us a DD version of the Addams family?   

I think his mother sees him as immature and his father doesn't want him at his place alone.

7 hours ago, Babytom948 said:

I think his mother sees him as immature and his father doesn't want him at his place alone.

Tom, you have just put your finger on the biggest structural problem embedded in any story written from a single POV.  In this instance, we don't know what the father thinks because the only practical way to insert it in the text is to have the protagonist ask the father, and get "no" for an answer, complete with explanation.  This would have worked, but too many asides of this type interrupt narrative flow. It is often better to have a second character with POV-- in this instance, the mother.  Using this specific example again, a conversation to this effect between mother and father would give us a better sense of her motivation, and rather than interrupting the narrative, would be central to it.

Alas, one of the real challenges in writing fiction is finding the balance between essential and extraneous detail.  The one constant is that you have to give your characters enough depth that their thoughts, words and actions are plausible.  As the number of POV's increases, the risk of getting this wrong goes up exponentially.  Very, very few professional writers can pull off something like James Clavell's Noble House. 

Scott lunch feels like the low point of canyon that seems to keep sinking. He soon finds out that his brother's friends aren't the only guests invited to the meal.

---

---

The old Scott would’ve refused. He would’ve pushed the highchair over and then stormed out of the house, he would’ve flipped the table and ruined lunch for everyone. This Scott just meekly whined as his mother helped him into the toddler chair with a small pat to his padded butt. The worst part was that in many ways he knew she was right. Huw had been a much bigger boy than he had recently.

Scott wiped his eyes as he sat in the cramped seat and had the tray pulled in front of him. It was a tight fit but almost miraculously the sturdy seat held up as Scott’s feet dangled just above the ground. From this position he was forced to look at the others around the table and they were all staring straight back at him.

Deborah gathered the food from the kitchen counter and handed it out. The food looked and smelled delicious, hamburgers and fries. Despite this being one of Scott’s favourite meals his appetite had dropped to almost zero. He was being laughed at and embarrassed by more and more people. It felt like he would never be able to live any of this down even if he was successfully potty trained.

“Tuck in everyone.” Deborah said cheerily as she took her seat.

Everyone started eating and Scott joined in. He enjoyed the food but avoided the conversation, he was happy to try to blend in with the wallpaper as much as an eighteen-year-old baby could. The highchair wasn’t comfortable and provided little opportunity to move, Scott found himself constantly hitting his elbows on the plastic as he moved his arms.

“OK, I’ve got to ask…” Sam, Elliot’s friend finally said during a small drop in the general conversation, “What is up with Scott?”

Scott had been looking down at his food but looked up in surprise when his name was mentioned. He was blushing as soon as he saw the heads turn his way. Elliot’s face cracked into a wide smile as he watched his older brother shift awkwardly in the seat. Scott wondered how anyone could explain what had happened to him to turn him from a regular young adult into the overgrown baby he had become.

“Well, Scott had some trouble keeping his pants clean and dry.” Deborah started to explain, “And he always acted like a baby with his bad behaviour so we decided to dress him so that he looked the age he acted.”

“So those nappies…” Sam was struggling to stop himself giggling wildly, “He uses them?”

“Oh, all the time.” Deborah nodded her head, “He’s wet right now, aren’t you baby?”

The heads turned to Scott again and the burning feeling of shame rose to the surface. He looked down at his half-eaten dinner and slowly nodded his head feeling too ashamed to open his mouth.

“We were hoping to potty train both Scott and Huw at the same time but it’s not been going well.” Deborah pursed her lips and shook her head, “Huw has been great and hasn’t needed any padding at all for a few days now, we’re so very proud of him.”

Huw beamed as he received another round of congratulations from everyone present. Scott looked on darkly, he hated to admit it but he felt jealous of the toddler. How he wished it was him receiving all the plaudits for learning to use the potty. It took him a second to realise what he was thinking and he felt his humiliation ratchet up another notch. He had truly been reduced to being jealous of someone for potty training.

“Scott hasn’t taken to the potty as of yet.” Deborah continued, “We’ve tried but he just can’t seem to stop using his nappies.”

Sam was unable to stop himself from laughing anymore and even though he tried to disguise it behind a cough Scott could see what was going on. Elliot too was laughing but he didn’t even bother trying to hide it.

“Maybe he isn’t ready for the potty. When my parents tried to potty train Brian the first time it didn’t work at all.” Sam eventually managed to say when he had regained his composure. He was referencing his little brother at the table Brian who looked quite perplexed about everything, “They just waited six months and tried again. That seemed to do the trick.”

“Thanks, Sam.” Deborah smiled, “We’ll keep that in mind.”

Scott looked on horrified as he was casually discussed almost like he wasn’t there. His most private and embarrassing problems were laid bare in front of everyone as if he had no reason to find them shameful. He felt so helpless locked into a chair he couldn’t even slip out and run away from.

The thought of spending any more time in nappies made Scott’s skin crawl and the idea of another six months like this made him want to sink into the floor and disappear forever. He couldn’t last that long, he was sure he would go insane by the end of it.

As Scott felt tears starting to well up in his eyes he was suddenly distracted by the doorbell. He looked around wildly as Deborah wiped her mouth with her napkin and started to stand up, he didn’t think they were expecting anyone. Surely this horrible situation couldn’t get any worse. From the highchair Scott couldn’t see the front door but when he heard his mum welcoming someone in he wanted more than ever to jump out and run away. He started pushing desperately against the tray but a hand from his step-father stopped before he got in trouble.

“Hello! We’ve nearly finished eating but I’ve saved you some and you’re welcome to stay.” Deborah’s voice came down the hallway.

Scott felt his stomach twist with anxiety and at the same time he felt something in his intestines shifting. He was frozen in horror at the perfect storm of humiliation he was sitting in the middle of. He could see Elliott and the guests smiling as everyone looked towards the kitchen door. All Scott could do was brace himself for the worst.

“OK, this is Brian and Sam, they are friends of the family. You know everyone else of course.” Deborah said. Scott was looking away and wincing, he didn’t hear a reply.

After a few seconds of silence Scott slowly opened his eyes a little and slowly turned his head. What he saw made his blood freeze. His bottom lip trembled and the tears that had been threatening for so long started rolling down his cheeks. Jimmy, Scott’s best friend, was stood in the doorway and staring at Scott with disbelief.

“W-What’s going on?” Jimmy eventually gasped as he slowly walked into the room.

Nick stood up and announced he was going to go into the living room to watch something and Jimmy came over to take his seat. Deborah went and got the latecomers plate of food, Jimmy didn’t take his eyes off Scott the whole time.

As Deborah sat down she started explaining to Jimmy everything that had happened. To Scott’s shame she left out no details and Jimmy listened with rapt attention as he ate his food. Scott could only squirm in his seat as his most embarrassing exploits in the last few weeks were retold for the table. In the middle of his mum telling the story of his first time in a crib Scott suddenly felt the low pressure in his bowels crank higher and higher, it became clear that he needed the potty and he needed it now!

“Mummy! Mummy!” Scott was red in the face as he suddenly shouted over his mother, “I need the potty!”

Deborah quickly stood up and left for the potty that was in the living room as Scott squirmed desperately in his seat. He couldn’t hold it back for long, he could already feel his bowels starting to push despite his best efforts. All eyes at the table were on him as he struggled internally with his body threatening to betray him. One of his hands slipped behind him and on to the back of his nappy.

“Hurry! Hurry!” Scott exclaimed desperately despite the humiliation that was making his face resemble a tomato in colour.

“You can do it!” Huw chimed in encouragingly.

Scott looked back at the table with desperation. Everyone started cheering him on as if he was a striker about to take a penalty and the crowd were willing it to go in. The ironic cheering from the under eighteens only made the situation worse as Scott started to sob softly. He wasn’t going to make it despite everything. He could already feel the tip of a log poking out against the back of the padding.

“Here I come.” Deborah said as she quickly walked in and placed the potty down on the floor next to the highchair.

Deborah unlocked the tray in front of Scott and the young man hopped down. He tried to take a step towards the toddler toilet but immediately lost his battle. With a loud moan of resignation and a sudden squat Scott crouched down in front of the whole table. He closed his eyes and pushed down to empty his bowels into his pants just like he had done dozens of times over the last few weeks.

“Uh oh…” Elliott’s voice came from behind Scott at the table. Despite his words Scott could tell he was relishing the humiliation Scott was going through.

Scott’s body was completely unable to hold on for another second and the stinky mush of his bowels was quickly pushed into the nappy. The poop smeared out over his skin as he filled the back of the padding up. His onesie bulged out noticeably and he grunted as he went into autopilot and pushed down as much as he could.

Scott heard his mother sigh in disappointment as he pushed again and forced the poop out of his body. The slimy contents of the nappy pushed around and Scott felt it touch against the back of his balls.

“Well, it’s closer than you normally get.” Deborah sighed again, “Come on, let’s get you to your nursery.”

Scott hated that his bedroom was referred to as a nursery but he found it hard to argue. The word “nursery” much better described his room these days considering all that had been changed. He felt his mum take his upper arm and pull him to his feet, he didn’t dare look around at the table as he was led from the room with the awkward wide-legged waddle of a toddler. He could smell his accident already filling the air around him and he knew it was spreading quickly.

Scott laid on his changing table just a couple of minutes later and looked up at the ceiling. He was still sniffing even though the tears had dried up, his legs were bent awkwardly over his head as Deborah wiped him clean.

“I was really thinking you would’ve made more progress by now.” Deborah said as she balled up the used nappy and taped it closed.

“I nearly made it…” Scott offered quietly. He felt like even that tiny success should be pointed out.

“After all this time you still get such little warning, it doesn’t give me any time to get your potty.” Deborah sighed, “I’m starting to wonder if Sam is right. Maybe we should abandon the attempts to train you for a few months.”

“But… What about school?” Scott cringed as his legs were lowered down on to a fresh nappy.

“We’ll work something out.” Deborah said as the front of the new nappy was lifted over Scott’s crotch and taped closed.

Scott had visions of being at school in his nappy. He could see himself wetting and pooping himself in front of all the students and having to go to the nurse for a change. He imagined the embarrassment, he would be a spectacle for a thousand students who would all want to see the big baby embarrass himself. The worst part was that no matter what he did he would be totally unable to stop using his nappy just like the kids wanted.

“Maybe you should have an early night.” Deborah said when she stepped back and bagged up the stinky nappy, “It’s been a long day.”

Scott wasn’t going to argue. He would welcome any excuse to stay up in his room away from the others. He thought about Jimmy hearing all the sordid details of his problems, he could only imagine what his best friend thought. Scott was sure Jimmy would never want to talk to him again after what he had heard and seen.

The bars of Scott’s crib rattled up behind him as he climbed in. He watched his mum leave and sighed as he covered his face and laid back against his mattress. He couldn’t believe that yet another day had turned into such a humiliation for him, every time he thought it couldn’t get any worse he was quickly proven wrong. For many minutes Scott stayed very still and kept replaying everything that had happened in his head.

“Scott?” A familiar voice suddenly called uncertainly from the doorway. It was Jimmy.

Scott sat bolt upright and scrambled to cover himself with his blanket as if it would do anything to hide him. He heard Jimmy’s footsteps approach the crib and stop, nothing was said and Scott still hid hoping that maybe his friend would think he was asleep or something.

“I know you’re awake.” Jimmy’s voice said.

Scott slowly lowered the blanket and looked at his friend who was just outside of the bars and looking around at the room. His face was unreadable though it seemed like the biggest emotion Scott was getting was disgust.

“I can’t believe all this.” Jimmy said as he turned towards the crib again, “It’s unreal. All this time you’ve been projecting yourself as this big, tough guy and yet…”

“I don’t want this.” Scott interrupted, “They made me.”

“They made you crap yourself just now did they?” Jimmy snorted, “They made you wear that onesie? They made you eat in a highchair? I didn’t see you complaining when I walked in.”

“Please don’t tell anyone.” Scott said. He got up to his knees and slid forwards towards the bars, “This is all just… temporary. Mummy said she would get rid of all this stuff when I’m potty trained.”

“Mummy?” Jimmy looked disgusted, “Potty trained? Jesus, what’s happened to you, man. Is everything your “mummy” said about you downstairs true? All the stories?”

Scott thought about all the humiliations and looked down at the mattress. He didn’t need to do any more, it was clear to Jimmy that Scott was truly a big baby that had embarrassed himself countless times.

“I don’t know how you expect me to keep this quiet.” Jimmy said with a chuckle and a shake of the head, “You know all the guys have been asking where you are. You’ve been missing for a long time.”

“Please…” Scott was already on his knees in the crib and now he was pleading, “Please don’t tell them.”

“I don’t know.” Jimmy turned away and examined the shelf of plastic nappies below the changing table.

Scott wished he could buy Jimmy’s silence but he had nothing he could pay or barter with. He looked around and saw that everything he had was for a baby and would be no interest to Jimmy. The only thing Scott’s friend might be interested in would be the computer but Scott couldn’t bear to part with that, it was his only link with the normal world.

“Your brother said you were sleeping in a nursery now. I just had to come up and make sure he wasn’t lying.” Jimmy said as he stood up straight and felt the thin padding of the changing table, “It sounded too ridiculous but, well, there you are.”

Scott was leaning against his crib’s bars and as he listened to his friend talking he felt himself wetting his new nappy. The hot liquid pooled around his testicles before soaking into the padding. He had, rather fortunately, become very good at wetting himself without letting anyone know.

“Well, listen, I’m going to go.” Jimmy said after a few seconds of awkward silence, “I can’t promise I’ll keep your secret. In fact I’ll probably be telling the guys as soon as I leave. I think it’s best if we don’t hang out anymore, I’m not that interested in changing nappies.”

“But…” Scott reached out between the bars to his friend and lifeline.

“I’ll see you around.” Jimmy said as he opened the door, “Be good for your “mummy”, baby.”

With the last sarcastic quip Jimmy stepped outside the door and Scott could hear him cackling with laughter as he headed back downstairs. The man in nappies slumped down and felt a new rock bottom. He was sure now that even if he could get out of nappies everyone would know of this embarrassment. He was already picturing how he would have to move to a different county to escape the ghosts of this prolonged punishment.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

"After all this time you still get such little warning."  What a red flag.  Pelvic nerve damage yields the symptoms that you are describing here, as millions of us have discovered in real life.  

• Thanks 1