LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This Generation of writers

I'm new to writing (and reading) ABDL stories (or DL, anyway, AB isn't really my cup of tea), but not to writing in general, and I've always tried to write stories that reflect reality. Real life is messy, complicated, and full of challenges and heartbreak, but also love and joy. A good story, IMO, contains all these things and more. My stories always have conflict; generally interpersonal conflict as my plots tend to be very character driven. I rarely write Happy Ever After, even though the majority of the things I write are romance. I like slightly open endings, endings that make you wonder and think and that give you room to imagine what happens next. Endings you could write fanfic about. lol! I've written a lot of dark and serious stories, but I want there to be hope, so they rarely end in tragedy, even if they start with it.

I actually tend to agree with @Tfmonkey, though it depends on what we are defining as "dark" since that can be fairly subjective.

In the end I didn't like that the amount of Forced/Non-con stories seemed to be coming out far slower than they used to back when I was a lurker (2015 I think.) and when I joined in 2016, so the contest is to encourage that kind of content again.

I think "Be the change you want to see" as others have mentioned it great here, maybe you can start a movement. After my contest is over I wouldn't be against talking about potentially doing another contest in collaboration with you to try and encourage some darker stories, though that's just a thought and I can't promise anything as I don't want to get ahead of myself, especially financially speaking.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When I write my goal is to convey the feeling of being vulnerable and loved and loving in return, and how that's a positive and powerful thing. Not everything has to be dark and gritty, and I think there can be certain bravery in embracing the lighter things in life.

Not everybody is as AB as me, not everybody is looking for the same thing. But I actually feel like people hold back a lot afraid that being too "cute" will be seen as weak.