LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence / Diaper Question.

If this is a dumb question I apologize. I am just curious. Something that usually comes up in diaper reviews is the term flooding. Does incontinence cause your bladder to empty more frequently with less force or does it fill to capacity and "flood", causing cheaper diapers to overflow and leak before absorbing all of the fluid?

I myself have bladder retension, So I wet like anyone else.

The problem comes in because I don't realize I have to go until I start to go.

I still have some sphincter control so I can slow down whats happening somewhat, But once I start it's a done deal. I'm the co-worker you see doing the fast shuffle toward the restrooms almost doing the "Pee-Pee Dance" enroute. Sometimes I can empty in the restroom by making trips there before I let loose, Like making a try for it during breaks, But If i'm deep in the plant or on the road then i'm going to wet myself.

Or sitting on the computer,laughing,sleeping,eating at a resturant... Hell anything really,anytime anyplace.

Sort of a bummer <_< but life goes on. I just try to take proactive steps like frequent trips to restrooms,watching fluid intake, And of course, Pull-ups and diapers.

But that's just me and others have diffrent problems. So I'll shut up now and let them speak :o

In my case, especially when I have a UTI, my bladder can't hold any amount for any appreciable length of time. As soon as I get the signal that I've got to go, it's NOW, not finish up what I'm doing and then go. And even when I do make it to the toilet without wetting, a lot of times it's such a piddly little amount that it's surprising to me that I felt like I couldn't hold it another minute. So yes, I guess I could say that I wet more often in smaller amounts.

PS. For the record, I don't consider this a dumb question. No honest question is ever dumb.

If this is a dumb question I apologize. I am just curious. Something that usually comes up in diaper reviews is the term flooding. Does incontinence cause your bladder to empty more frequently with less force or does it fill to capacity and "flood", causing cheaper diapers to overflow and leak before absorbing all of the fluid?

I my self have no feeling of wetting till i feel it getting warm and if you are busy doing other things you may not feel or know how wet you are till your pants are flooded and will hold no more so they leak

some times your bladder will build up urine till it relases a large amount with out warning also flooding your pants

speical true if i have a pull up on, which i a lot of time on weekends if we are out playing in the dirt, because i drive a F toyota in rock crawling games WE-ROCK

i have to have a fire suit on which is a litthe tighter then reg pants so i wear a pull up to keep bulk down and be comfroatable drive up vertial inclines and over rocks and trying to avoid hitting cones

I my self have no feeling of wetting till i feel it getting warm and if you are busy doing other things you may not feel or know how wet you are till your pants are flooded and will hold no more so they leak

some times your bladder will build up urine till it releases a large amount with out warning also flooding your pants

speical true if i have a pull up on, which i a lot of time on weekends if we are out playing in the dirt, because i drive a F toyota in rock crawling games WE-ROCK

i have to have a fire suit on which is a litthe tighter then reg pants so i wear a pull up to keep bulk down and be comfroatable drive up vertial inclines and over rocks and trying to avoid hitting cones

I am much the same way. but just like rickibrat2 my bladder will some times build up urine then release it now I can feel it when its doing that. This happens a log when I am sitting for a little bit and I get up all a suddenly I feel my self let go with out control.

Also sometime when I am thinking about it I can feel the urine in my urethra and it coming out. I can feel it more if I drink a lot of water and the dribbling almost is a stream

I have to wear some kind of protection 24/7 or be cath. (and I hate catheters) so I have grown attached to my diapers because of this.

Diaper Mike

I started with large gushes that I could not feel building up.It would flood out and overflow most diapers,as time and surgery progressed I ended up with constant draining but I don't drain when sitting so when I stand up I still get gushes but not as large.I also cant feel or stop it at all,when i am standing or laying on my back i just trickle all the time.I have no valves or prostrate (cancer) and the urethra is just connected straight to the bottom of the bladder now.

It seems to depend on what position I've been in. Often, I wet a little at a time. Sometimes, it seems like my entire bladder is emptying all at once.

in my case I just dribble constantly unless I'm sitting for long periods of time. Nerve damage hsa caused my problems over the years. I normally wear a diaper with a stuffer so I can go 3 to 4 hours between changes.

In my job I some times don't have time or ability to climb off of something I'm working on in a fast manner.

I'm a heavy machinerey mechanic...

I have urge incontinence, and sometimes I can’t make it to the toilet in time. Sometimes I get a couple of minutes warning, and other times I get five seconds warning before I get bladder contractions that are too strong for me to hold. I start wetting my diaper and can’t stop until the contractions stop. Often, that’s when my bladder has emptied. When this happens, I “flood” my diaper. I wear thick cloth diapers and plastic pants all the time, so my diaper doesn’t leak. If I can’t change my diaper right away, the cloth wicks and distributes the wetness so it doesn’t just pool in the bottom of my plastic pants.

• 11 years later...

Like with many others, I totally lack any feeling of what's going on in the region of my bladder. I really have no idea, what causes that, but my bladder seems to live it's own life. It may build up a lot of liquid, until I actually start feeling the pressure or it may let some out and leave some for later, or just open up slightly and then I'll have a steady slow flow for a while. Sometimes flooding occurs and I hate that, 'cause while I can keep smaller accidents from showing in my behavior, when flooding I am kinda obvious. Even though I rarely leak.

• Like 1

I'm similar. When a flood sneaks up on me I try to stand quickly so that I won't leak as my diapers work better that way. As you go along you learn how to deal with the quirks of incontinence and you learn what to expect. It can be dealt with well.

Bettypooh

Like with many others, I totally lack any feeling of what's going on in the region of my bladder. I really have no idea, what causes that, but my bladder seems to live it's own life. It may build up a lot of liquid, until I actually start feeling the pressure or it may let some out and leave some for later, or just open up slightly and then I'll have a steady slow flow for a while. Sometimes flooding occurs and I hate that, 'cause while I can keep smaller accidents from showing in my behavior, when flooding I am kinda obvious. Even though I rarely leak.

Same for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 4/24/2007 at 6:37 AM, ranger said:

In my case, leakage is fairly constant, but amount is unpredictable. Most of the time I cannot feel it leaking. Flooding is unpredictable. There is little to no force behind the leaks; it just happens.  My current diaper has the capacity to hold 4-5 floods and can take some abuse. Use medical supplies and samples to help you find the diaper that works the best for you. It can take a lot of time and experimentation.

• Like 1

A urodynamic sleep investigation showed that I have two large gushes in the night, sometimes three, and thereafter, overflow dribbles.  I was told it depended on the state and depth of sleep.

I'm fairly confident near the house in the day, but if I go out I always wear a nappy, because, if I need to go, I can't clench enough and leak.

Also, there is a naughty something lurking in my bladder, who knows when a leak would be most inconvenient.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Wet Knight said:

Also, there is a naughty something lurking in my bladder, who knows when a leak would be most inconvenient.

"Naughty something lurking" could be Stormy Daniels or Larry Flynt! Are you hiding something?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my case for  my Urine (  i have Severe Double  Mix)   i get   More or less  constant  dribbling  /little squirts  24 /7   Have to  go  roughly  15  +  DAY (roughly  100 Ml  -150 Ml  /time      . roughly 3 +   nite  roughly 300 Ml /nite  and when i do  its ALWAYS  first  flood and then QUICKLY goes to  a tiny stream .  (getting shorter and shorter  reacting  or  heads up for  both of my   " needs . still not  YET   complete  on Urine    thank god  but sadly judging on how things progress im just waiting for that as well ? )           

During the day I drip and dribble all the time and sometimes my bladder just empties without warning. Other times I have a fine uncontrollable stream. At night my bladder just empties at will while I am asleep. I never wake up dry