LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Name Change?

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

User name change is a perk of being a baby banker.   How about throwing $20 to support the operation of the site?

Just checked to verify and this is correct. Name change can be found in Account Settings if you're a Baby Banker.

Ok so this is new to me.  What exactly is a "Baby Banker" and what are the perks?  Are there levels?   Is there an article with this info I can read?  Thank you. 

I have not yet received my stimulus, but when I do, sure, I can help with site expenses.  If anyone understands AB site expenses it is me. 

You give DD $20 (it's under subscription).   It gets you several perks:   user name change, extra storage space, etc..  I don't use any of it, I just give $20 to each year for the sake of the site and DD's a  good guy.

• Like 3

@Winnie Cooper

I did the same thing:  I did that for 2 reasons:  1 was because I wanted to be sure that people knew that I was 18+.  The second reason is because of the perks - One of them is the additional Message Capacity, another is a Name Change - I feel that this site is worth the investment, and since I am on the internet a lot, it makes sense to bolster the capacity a little bit.  Additionally DD is an awesome guy who has a site that I have been lurking on for years, and I finally made the decision last year to create my account, and sign on - The rest is history. 

I will definitely reup my "Baby Banker" for 2021 - It is worth it, and I am glad that I can be with and talk to people of similar beliefs :)

Take Care,

Brian

• Like 1

Personally I upgraded to BB to help the site and also for the upgraded storage space. (and between you and me I like the 2020 badge that it gives me.)

I post all my stories as Free attachments in ODT, PDF and TXT formats, this as you can imagine takes up storage space and I quickly ran out, still wanting to provide my stories in these formats for free I gave the $20, I also intend on donating some more next month if all goes according to plan.

@DailyDi

When we give donations to "Help you" Like buy groceries, I am assuming that this money helps you as well as the site?  I KNOW that it is expensive to maintain websites (I own three) and paid like $180/year for all three, plus for my dot com email addrress - Do you have a particular goal that you set for donations per month?  You do such a good job ;)

Brian

10 hours ago, baker7 said:

@DailyDi

When we give donations to "Help you" Like buy groceries, I am assuming that this money helps you as well as the site?  I KNOW that it is expensive to maintain websites (I own three) and paid like $180/year for all three, plus for my dot com email addrress - Do you have a particular goal that you set for donations per month?  You do such a good job ;)

Brian

Yes all donations help both me and the site. If you donate to the site that's less I have to come up with; and if you donate to me I have more for all my costs. The monthly goal changes, but right now it's been running at $350 per month, as hosting alone is $348 a month. Covering that let's me focus on domain and software renewals and other costs as well as tasking pressure off my household budget.

• Like 4
On 4/23/2020 at 10:40 AM, DailyDi said:

Yes all donations help both me and the site. If you donate to the site that's less I have to come up with; and if you donate to me I have more for all my costs. The monthly goal changes, but right now it's been running at $350 per month, as hosting alone is $348 a month. Covering that let's me focus on domain and software renewals and other costs as well as tasking pressure off my household budget.

@DailyDi

WOW - $348 - that's a BIG expense....I think the most expensive part is the hosting and costs relating to the software....

I am lucky, in that I do not have any colocation/server rental fees or maintenance costs other than my "time and energy" that I expend to better the sites:  I had an old HP that I had for 3 years before it blew up the Capacitors and the Power Supply, then I upgraded to a Dell Optiplex for about $170.  What I pay for is the Domains, the Email for the Business DOT COM, and protection against domain hijacking.

However, I have had other friends that own multiple domains, and have other services that they pay for, and YOU can bet your Diapers that it isn't CHEAP - people like US (website owners in this context) understand that it is expensive, and as such is a labor of LOVE - I do stuff on my machines because I enjoy it, and I also like to play with Linux, and have had 10-15 years of experience with it, but it started as a hobby, and I have been able to own my own server, connected here at home, and have also been able to learn how to do things - We all need to do our parts to help you keep this AWESOME site going, and some time in the future, I will endeavor to help YOU, like you help ME and others :)

Thank You Mikey ;)

Brian

• Like 1
9 hours ago, baker7 said:

@DailyDi

WOW - $348 - that's a BIG expense....I think the most expensive part is the hosting and costs relating to the software....

I am lucky, in that I do not have any colocation/server rental fees or maintenance costs other than my "time and energy" that I expend to better the sites:  I had an old HP that I had for 3 years before it blew up the Capacitors and the Power Supply, then I upgraded to a Dell Optiplex for about $170.  What I pay for is the Domains, the Email for the Business DOT COM, and protection against domain hijacking.

However, I have had other friends that own multiple domains, and have other services that they pay for, and YOU can bet your Diapers that it isn't CHEAP - people like US (website owners in this context) understand that it is expensive, and as such is a labor of LOVE - I do stuff on my machines because I enjoy it, and I also like to play with Linux, and have had 10-15 years of experience with it, but it started as a hobby, and I have been able to own my own server, connected here at home, and have also been able to learn how to do things - We all need to do our parts to help you keep this AWESOME site going, and some time in the future, I will endeavor to help YOU, like you help ME and others :)

Thank You Mikey ;)

Brian

Yeah, hosting a site starts out cheap, but as it grows, it gets crazy expensive. I could probably get the price down maybe a hundred bucks, but at a huge performance loss that would leave people waiting on searches and photo loads. I wince a little when I see the grand total of the invoices on my hosting account since 2007 ($54,000) but I love this community.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

@Kita Sparkles

If you simply changed your NAME, and already purchased a "Baby Banker" Status, say in 2020, and you wanted to make it say "Baby Banker 2021" or "BB 2021" that would NOT happen unless you purchase that status specifically for $20. These are called "Group Icons" and he offers those to members in the Store. 

Each Year,  @DailyDi has a "custom group Icon" for each year, so he decides what that icon would look like, and when he will make that available in the "store" for purchase.  If you already have a custom such as "Baby Banker+," "Baby Banker 2017", etc, then you entitled to whatever "perks" go with those group icons:  I joined in 2019, and when the 2020 Icon came out, I bought it for $20:  When the 2021 BB Icon came out, bought it AGAIN for $20 - It is a way for us as members to support the Mission of Daily Diapers, and show our support to this WONDERFUL site.  I think the perks are the same for each year, so if you had a PAST Icon, you are NOT going to lose those features, you are just spending $20, for the new icon each year, helping the Site, and getting the newest icon.

If you intended to purchase a 2021 Group Icon, and you got a 2020 Icon instead, I am sure that this can be fixed.  It has been my experience that the moment you purchase the Group Icon you Wish, and payment is received, that it will show up pretty fast, if not immediately.  This would depend on how Mikey has his systems set up to deal with transactions.  

@DailyDi should be able to take care of this pretty easily ;)  When the it is time to renew in 2022, you can BET a diaper pin that I will renew my status again - BRAVO :)

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information