LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Seems Too Good - Complete

About a year ago I had a niggling of an idea for a story that was jump started as I was reading Alex Bridges ‘Done Adulting.’ Having had a break from finishing Exchanged, I finally felt some energy to begin writing a new novel in the DiaperDimension (inspired by PrincessPottyPants original work). Going into the new work I knew my work schedule this past fall would be horrendous, so I didn’t start posting it - even though I had some extra material ‘in the can’ so to speak. I decided to wait on this one until I had it nearly completed, or in this case - thanks to unexpected time off - completed! 

There are a total of 23 Chapters and an Epilogue for this new story that’s sitting at 141k words. I’m sure I’ll be editing it some more over time, but I’m considering it mostly done at this point. I’ll plan on posting twice a week after this week. I’ll post again on Saturday, then it’ll most likely be on Tuesdays and Fridays until the full work is up. As I said when I posted my shorter Novella, Undercover Tour, I hope this serves as a nice distraction in these turbulent times! Stay well!

Warning: This tale will have violence and some depictions of abusive behavior within. It should be considered Rated R.

Seems Too Good to Be True

A Tale from the Diaper Dimension

By Baby Sofia

Chapter 1:

I WALKED OUTSIDE as the automatic doors of the hospital swished open. I paused for just a moment to zip up my jacket tighter against the cold of winter, before walking to the parking garage where I had left my car well over twenty-four hours ago. I was leaving from one of my longest shifts in a while; two surgeries that had been planned, and then an epic long fourteen-hour emergency surgery trying to save the life of a little girl. She had been in a car crash and was just arriving via halo flight as I was supposed to leave. They’d called me to report to trauma to take the lead on the girl. In the end a team of five of the best surgeons in the hospital had worked on the girl, we’d restarted her heart nine times before… well it just wouldn’t pump any more. 

Even as detached as I’d long learned to be as a surgeon, I felt my own eyes filled with tears as I walked out to inform the girl’s mother of our failure. She had just celebrated her second birthday, and it crushed me that we failed to save her! I learned as I left that her father hadn’t even lived to leave the scene of the accident...

I hated moments like that, and of course did my best to not have them at all. I felt that I was a damned good surgeon who avoided losing many patients by being at the top of my game! The hospital had one of the best teams of surgeons in the region - so at least it meant we lost fewer than most.

Today though, no teamwork or skill, was good enough to stave off the grim reaper from taking that little girl.

I sighed and looked at my salt covered car in the lot. Even though I could afford better, I still drove a seven-year old, small SUV that I bought not long after my residency finished. I had been excited to buy it and finally begin to pay off my massive student loans with my first real paychecks! Eight years of undergrad and med school, an additional two years of schooling for my specialties, and three years of residency meant I didn't have much money for a long time. Even with my paychecks doing well seven years later, it would be forever before I had my student loans paid off. Everyone assumed doctors made a ton, but malpractice insurance took up a sizeable amount of my earnings, along with that student loan debt, and then the normal deductions on paychecks… well it didn’t leave me living the lifestyle of someone rich! I’d also been trying to be frugal to allow some options if and when I was ever able to settle down and have a family.

Closing the door to the cold I adjusted the rearview mirror to look at a stubbly face. I couldn’t seem to shake the haunted look it wore most days. It had been over thirty hours since I had woken up, and I was looking forward now to finally being able to head home to my apartment in a neighborhood not too far away from the hospital.

Pulling up to the complex I was annoyed that all of the spaces closest to my apartment were taken! Searching around, I had to drive to the furthest side of the complex. There I found one lone parking space underneath a tree burdened with ice and a bit of snow. I shrugged my heavy coat back on, zipped it, and locked the door, before trudging through the cold to my apartment. The cars dashboard had said negative three, and that was something I could believe as the icy wind prickled at my face! Climbing the stairs up to my second-floor apartment, I unlocked the door and felt a great sense of relief now that I was finally home!

Closing my front door and locking the deadbolt, I finally felt like I was able to lock away life from interfering with me. I hopped into the shower and nearly fell asleep before putting on some pajamas and passing out on my bed.

THE NEXT MORNING there was no alarm - as I hadn’t needed to set one. A look at the clock on my cell phone showed that it was nearly one in the afternoon and I groaned at how sore I was. Thankfully I had three days off before going back to my scheduled surgeries - but I felt like crap! Emotionally and physically I felt like the weight on me was enormous as I rolled out of bed and stood up. My back complained over the long time in bed, and my head joined in complaining with a massive headache that told me that I hadn’t stayed hydrated the previous day. The headache meant my first step was to stagger into the kitchen and pour a glass of water. I guzzled it down, then another followed the second one with some ibuprofen, before I refilled it a third time.

I carried the glass of water to my desk and turned on my computer. A quick scan of news sites said that things in the world were still insane, world leaders were still making despotic decisions, other leaders standing were still behind them or against them. I shook my head in disbelief at it all! My friend Jill had gone into politics and was working for one of the major campaigns this election cycle. I told her multiple times over the years that I thought that she was nuts!

Seeing nothing immediately Earth shattering there I checked my emails, but pointedly ignored my work account. Normally my personal email was pretty much just filled with spam, but occasionally I would get a couple of occasional messages from friends. Today was just the spam though, and I quickly closed out of that and moved onto social media. The pictures of my friends’ babies, kids, and even a few teenaged children brought smiles to my face that usually turned into a distinct frown. There was no likely near-term future for me to have my own family. I hadn’t even been on a date since I started my residency, and by now most of the nurses and doctors I worked with were already married - they were the ones posting the cute pictures. With another sigh I looked at the clock and decided I couldn’t sit at home all day.

After a shower and a shave, I felt a little bit better. Enough so to get moving as I brave the cold to go hit the local Walmart for the groceries I needed. Things like toilet paper I’d learned were essentials you never wanted to be without! Picking up some frozen dinners I filled the cart with meals fit for the bachelor I was, before heading to the checkouts. I glanced at the titles in the magazine rack as I waited in line behind someone with a packed cart.  Reading one of the magazines on the stand that was known for being overly sensational I saw, ‘Human Trafficking? The REAL truth behind the Dimensional Portals, Pg 5.’ Normally I was one to avoid sensationalism such as this, but I was moderately curious enough to pick it up and thumb through it while I was waiting in line.

Seven years ago, our universe changed as we learned that other dimensions not only existed, but that we could travel to visit a new world! Tales of technology that far exceeded our own, better lives, and practically hearing the streets were paved with gold meant scores of people lined up for the various tour groups that began offering their services, or just went on their own to explore the dimension. While some visitors have come back with fantastical stories of huge people and amazing technology on the other side, many others haven’t ever been heard from again…

“Sir are you going to buy that?” The lady at the check-out asked.

I blushed, “Sorry,” and added it to my pile of items as she scanned it all. Totaling it out made me grimace and hope that my account was good for that amount. I hadn’t checked before I left, but I used my debit card anyway and pushed my full cart out to the car thinking I must have lucked out when it went through.

Driving home I got stuck behind an accident and was at a standstill beside an electronic billboard, ‘Life got you down? Debt sky-high? Health problems? Just needing new scenery? Visit Portal Relocations on the web to learn of your chance for a new life!

I thought back to the magazine article and noted that this was one of those offers for a trip to the other dimension. ‘I can’t lie and say that doesn’t sound enticing…’

As I sat in traffic, I thought about how little I really had to lose with such an offer. My parents had both tragically passed away in the last four years. My mom died painfully from a rare cancer, and my dad was in a car accident not long afterwards. With no siblings, and only aunts and uncles that lived on the other side of the country, I was about as alone as a person could be. Sure, I had some good relationships with friends at work, but it wasn’t the same - and I still desperately missed calling my mom during the week.

When I finally made it home, I put all of the frozen and cold food away before going back to the magazine.

Government sources and representatives from the other dimension have been telling us for years it’s just because those people have found new lives that they’re happier in. “They don’t want to come back home because their new lives are so much better!” One government official recently stated on CNN.

That made us wonder - was that actually true?

In order to determine the truthfulness of this statement we sent ten of our staff members, along with five private detectives we’d never before had contact with before through the portal on tours, or on their own without any guides. Out of those fifteen... only one returned. This person was one of the private detectives we had hired out for. As a former Navy Seal, he had a number of extra advantages in his elite training over the years that he claimed were the only way he escaped.

Yes, escaped…

I was just about to continue reading when there was a loud quick pounding on the door. I walked over to find one of the apartment managers standing outside. I sighed and opened up the door, “Can I help you?” I asked the lady while groaning about the cold coming into the room.

She gave me a grim smile, “Good afternoon sir. Unfortunately I am going to need your help Doctor Benning… We had an inspector from our insurance company come by today, along with a city inspector, and I’m afraid your building has failed a structural inspection. Because of the safety concerns it is being condemned for habitation.”

“What?” I asked nervously.

“Remember that storm last month?” I nodded while thinking back to the rare freak winter storm that had winds that exceeded a Category 2 Hurricane, “We noticed that there was a lot of soil that left the area around the edge of the building. On one side of the first floor we found some significant cracking. We’ve been watching it and noticed that there are some large cracks on the other side of this building in the brick too… The inspector decided it’s not safe for anyone to habit this building. We think between the wind and the freezing and thawing of the soil there’s been a lot of shifting of the foundation and it’s possible it will collapse.”

“Umm… What am I going to do?”

She sighed, “We’re returning this months’ rent and your deposit, we’ll pay for movers to move your stuff, and we’re paying for a week of a hotel right now. The thing is we need you out of this building in the next six hours.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me?!?!” I said angrily. “I just got done with a twenty-four plus hour shift at work and you’re telling me I have to move out now?!?”

“We’ll compensate you as we’ve said…”

“Compensate me? Where do you think I’m going to find an apartment on a week’s notice?” I seethed, “I’ll have my attorney call you. It’s going to be more compensation than you expect!”

I slammed the door and looked around my apartment and felt tears prickle at my eyes. The way it sounded the whole building could go at any time and I knew I didn’t have much of a choice to immediately move. I had a law firm on retainer as part of my job that I immediately called up. The law office focused on medical malpractice suits, but they were just a part of a larger practice that also included real estate and personal injury law. Within thirty minutes, the manager was back at my doorstep with a scowl on her face.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” She asked me.

“Someone who feels like they’ve been screwed over?” I told her bluntly. “What do you need now?”

“The owners of the complex will have the movers here to help you pack in ten minutes. Be ready, I’ve been told to give you this check.” She handed me a check with five-thousand dollars listed on it.

I grabbed my phone and called the law office and told them about it. Per their instructions I handed it back, “I’m wanting considerably more than that for endangering my life with shoddy construction and a sudden move disrupting my housing. Come back when the check says twenty thousand.”

She scoffed at me and walked away cursing, “Jack-ass!”

They had a ten-member crew that frustrated me as they helped box everything up pell-mell in no particular order. I knew I would never be able to find anything until I unboxed everything, and that a number of things would probably be broken by that time too! By six pm all of my possessions except a couple suitcases of clothes, a laptop, and a few other odds and ends, were all in a climate-controlled storage unit across town. I found myself pulling up to a local hotel where I knew I would at least get a good breakfast each day.

“Good evening sir,” the clerk said, “Do you have a reservation?”

“No… it’s a long story, but do you have any availability?”

“For how long?”

“At least a week?”

The lady typed at her computer and said, “I do have a room available,” and proceeded to give me the information on the rate. Emotionally I was spent as she ran my debit card. “I’m sorry sir, but the card was declined?”

“Damnit,” I swore and dug out one of my credit cards that I knew had nearly its limit maxed, “Try this one?” To my relief it ran, but I knew my time would be short if I didn’t get a settlement from the apartment complex quickly.

Inside the room I sat down in the desk chair and just put my head in my hands since I was so frustrated. I had worked ridiculously hard to reach the pinnacle of a dream, to become one of the top surgeons out there, but so far all I had accomplished was to just be a good regional surgeon. My debt was sky high and I was now officially homeless! I looked in my bag for something to distract me and found the magazine I read earlier in the pocket next to my laptop. I almost turned on my laptop, but instead decided to open the magazine up for a third time and try to finish reading the article. I sat back in the desk chair and found my place.

Escaped,” were his words when he contacted us after his return. He had joined a tour group with a highly rated tour company for his trip. He quickly realized things weren’t as they seemed, and from his words literally had to fight for his life to get back home to the port. We know from the government's arrest warrant, and attached wanted information, that there is an extradition request currently issued for him if he is apprehended in our dimension. As such he is currently in hiding, and we are hopeful he can avoid being arrested until the mess is cleared up by our attorneys. In the meantime, this is his harrowing tale.

I went through the portal with twenty other adults of various ages and was stunned by the process. It literally takes your breath away as you step through the amazing technology that is the portal! On the other side I proceeded through customs with the rest of the group, and at the end we were introduced to our enormous guide! Being a six-foot seven combat veteran - who is solidly built with strong muscles - not much of anyone intimidates me! But our guide easily towered over even me at ten and a half feet tall! I felt like I was a kindergartner compared to her! During the ensuing walk to the bus I learned I’d shrunk to just barely an inch over six-feet, and had lost half a foot in height during the trip. Thankfully that was still taller than most of my fellow travelers. I quickly learned that meant I could still sit in the regular bus seat - unlike most of my fellow tour group members.

Nearly everyone else was placed into a mixture of children’s styled booster seats, toddler car seats, or even infant style rear-facing seats before we pulled away from the portal. Well… most of the travelers were. I immediately witnessed one altercation of a man who refused to ride the bus in the infant style seat they mandated he sit in. It foreshadowed later events as he was forcibly taken away by tall Amazons outside the bus before he could go back inside the portal to return home.

Right away I noticed there were a lot of babies in the arms of the large Amazon women as we toured the city sights. The problem was that upon a closer look I realized that most of them weren’t actual children… they were full grown adults! (The locals call them ‘littles’) The first real sign of problems with our tour company happened when the barely eighteen-year-old daughter of one couple went missing at a mall we were shopping at. Her parents were frantic with worry as I wondered how she had gotten separated from our tour group who was very emphatic that we stay with them at all times.

The next day three more members of the tour group were gone without explanation after a visit to a local zoo. I decided to stay close to the distraught parents as we visited the police station to file a missing person’s report. This was the kind of problem I had been asked to keep an eye out for. The way the police department took their statement made me suspicious. Because of that, after we returned to the hotel that night, I decided I needed to go investigate the police department. As I left the hotel, I stalked calmly down the street having been explained that I was considered a ‘betweener’ or a ‘mid,’ and somewhat less likely to be kidnapped than if I was less than six-feet tall. I strongly suspected that was what had happened to their missing daughter.

The police station was a busy place, even at night, but I was a SEAL first and foremost, and so it didn’t take me too long to penetrate their building and its security. Once inside, I was able to sneak into an empty office to use one of their gigantic computer terminals. The keyboard was enormous so I had to finger peck to type in the huge computer keyboard. I was grateful some careless person hadn’t locked their screen. It took me about four minutes to discover the unattended and abandoned ‘little’ girl had been taken to an orphanage, and then after her parents reported her missing, the police had closed the case without contacting them. A note said that they knew she had been part of a tour group, but as she’d been separated, they turned her over to the orphanage per department policy. I did some more digging and discovered this was quite the little financial racket for the department. The girl had resulted in a ten-thousand dollar ‘donation’ to the departments ‘charity’ fund. I was about to log out when the door knob jiggled, and I knew that I was out of time. I did my best to exit the screens and dived behind another side desk in the office as a tall police woman came in.

She looked to be a detective and seemed suspicious something was wrong. I was going to wait her out, but she spotted me in my hiding place and came after me.

I used all of my training to disable her and ran. I’m sorry to say that she probably won’t be working for the force anymore… At least she was alive when I left her! I managed to avoid cameras as I left and returned to the hotel without being found or identified.

The next day we got my information to our embassy and they helped facilitate a rescue through the ‘Bureau’ that is in charge of littles immigration there. After I watched a tearful reunion of the girl with her parents, they got into the vehicle we arrived in. I was told there wasn’t room for me, so I would follow in a second vehicle – or so they said. My vehicle followed them for a little bit and then turned another direction. When I pointed it out, they held me down and restrained me. Apparently, my efforts had pissed off the wrong group, and so they took me to another of those so-called ‘Little Academies.’ There they do everything they can to ‘break’ littles.

When they took me out of the car I again attempted to escape, but only ended up receiving about one hundred and fifty abusive slaps to my rear in a spanking for my trouble by one of my abductors. Their staff then took over and placed me in a futuristic machine that removed all of my body hair, bathed me roughly, and then dressed me like a baby in a diaper and infantile clothing. Over the next couple of days, they only fed me disgusting pureed baby food concoctions, breastfed me, and kept me locked in a crib for ‘nap time’ and bed.  I could see that it would only get worse as I looked at adults that were completely mentally broken and in near vegetative states. Many of them couldn’t even roll off their back any more… It was like they had their motor skills rewound all the way back to their first months of life!

In case I doubted my absolute need to escape, it was demonstrated with one girl who slept in a crib next to mine. She was a fighter and tried everything she could to not submit to them on every little thing. On my last morning she disappeared with that team for the same procedure they were supposed to do to me. She came back barely able to physically sit up, had all of her teeth removed from her mouth, and was barely able to say the simple word ‘mama’ from what I could tell when they made a sick game of asking her to speak. I don’t know if the procedure is permanent, but it certainly would be considered criminal here in our dimension!

I listened to them talking about performing those procedures on me the next day while waiting for them to put me to bed. As I was being changed into a night diaper I managed to take advantage of a lapse in security and eliminated the two night-workers - and escaped. Luckily, I found my passport and information that I knew I needed to go back home inside their offices!

I met a contact who helped me get new clothing after I removed their chip for tracking escaped littles. Clothed appropriately, I managed to walk into the portal, purchased another departure, and thought I was home free. Just before I was going to walk through the portal, there was a sudden alert about me that reached the gate worker on their side. I disabled him and jumped through the portal there, and managed to escape through a chaotic scene at our own side of the portal when word reached them minutes later.’

Our detective shared the photographic evidence that appears on these pages that he bravely managed to still get out with him. It verifies the tale and a few other ‘off the record’ accounts from visitors around that time that line up with his story. (Including the kidnapping and rescue of the girl) What is our government doing with this other dimension? What agreements are in place? Is this nothing but a way of participating in the next level of slavery?

Is our dimension just another Africa?

I looked at the photos of adults in diapers, being breastfed, spanked, and even some futuristic looking hands attacking the camera. ‘Could be photoshopped,’ I thought as I looked through them. Being a sensationalist publication I was highly skeptical that this was all completely true. Eventually I fell asleep before reading the rest of the articles, wondering more about the new world and if it was really that bad...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you think please with a Like and/or a comment! I'll post another chapter Saturday afternoon, thanks for reading!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Phew! I think that this is going to be a doozy of a good read. I like the melancholic Doctor angle, and although we don't know much at all about them, I feel that it is going to be an interesting ride. If they do decide to jump dimensions, are they going to insist on a contract like in "Exchanged"? If they do will it be honoured? Inquiring mind needs to know. Thank-you for the sampler. You have certainly whetted my appetite for more. Cheers! 

I love the start, only thing to note; that artical font on mobile is really hard to read and kind of spoilers my enjoyment a little.

Really looking forward to where this story is heading though.

40 minutes ago, Galdamax said:

I love the start, only thing to note; that artical font on mobile is really hard to read and kind of spoilers my enjoyment a little.

Thanks for the comment. Is it the whole article or just one section. I used two different fonts in that to try and show the magazine vs. Travis on the writing. If one was better I'l switch it all to that. (I guess I could have done it as an image...) 

2 hours ago, Baby Billy said:

I really liked the start, looks like this is going to be fun to read. but all your stories are.?

Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, Shotgun Diplomat said:

Phew! I think that this is going to be a doozy of a good read. I like the melancholic Doctor angle, and although we don't know much at all about them, I feel that it is going to be an interesting ride. If they do decide to jump dimensions, are they going to insist on a contract like in "Exchanged"? If they do will it be honoured? Inquiring mind needs to know. Thank-you for the sampler. You have certainly whetted my appetite for more. Cheers! 

Only time will tell! Thanks for the comment! :)

4 hours ago, Josh23 said:

Can’t wait for more!

:) Glad to hear it! Thanks for commenting!

1 hour ago, SGTbaby said:

This looks like a great new story!

I hope it is! Thanks for commenting, I hope you enjoy the rest of it!:)

Baby Sofia , I've read just about every story on this board about the diaper dimension and a lot I found  princess potty pants.  Most of the stories including exchanged have very loving amazons that treat their little with love.  As Stacy told the judge it is overwhelming and over protective but done with good intentions to protect them from harm.  I hope the relocation center operates like the university that helps students before they are sent to the daycare.  The problem is if a story followed one of these amazons it would soon become very boring.  Knowing you though I sure even if he ends up with a good amazon you will cause something to make it good. As I  said I love your style and you keep us all guessing.?   

Well I wasn't planning on posting a chapter today... but given you all made me smile with comments, I feel like giving you a bonus chapter today. I'll post again tomorrow and then it'll be the twice per week I said initially here. 

Chapter 2:

THE NEXT WEEK was hell! I had one day off to look for an apartment, and managed to find one, but I had no way to pay enough for their deposit without the settlement agreement from my old apartment. My lawyers had finally resolved that though a couple days later while I was stuck at work. They said that I would soon have the payment in my hands, but the apartment I had found was rented by someone else - also from my old building - days before I got back there! Unfortunately, since then I had been stuck in seven surgeries per day even if I had been able to have the money. Not difficult surgeries, but it was still a long day by the time I did the prep, did the surgery, sewed the small incisions back up, and moved onto the next… What had once been a fun and exciting challenge - just seemed mundane and stressful anymore.

A couple days later I still hadn’t received the check. That evening the hotel front desk called to say that my credit card had been declined for that night. They were sorry, but I’d have to pack up and leave. I spent that night in an uncomfortable bed at the hospital that was available for us for times we got stuck there. 

The next day I showered at the hospital before I finally managed to pick-up the settlement check for fifteen thousand dollars. I did feel my stress go down a little as I deposited it into my bank account before going back to the hospital. After another long day of six surgeries, and twelve consults, I was finally able to leave to get another hotel room! I fell fast asleep on the bed as soon as I walked in!

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER I was still in the same hotel room, and didn’t know where I was going to find an apartment or a house at this point. There was a severe shortage of housing in the city due to a booming job market. Since I was working so much it was really hard to find time to look for a new place. The hotel was kind enough to give me a weekly rate, but it was still significantly more expensive than my rent had been. I knew eventually I’d run out of the settlement, and even with some good checks coming in from the hospital, it was definitely not a long term solution!

It was on one of my more exhausted and down days that I clicked on a web ad that took me to the website I had seen on that electronic billboard weeks before. I’d seen it again multiple times in the last few weeks driving back and forth and was morbidly curious about what they offered.

The site had a survey they asked interested users to take that they claimed was ‘100% anonymous.’ Seeing nothing that could harm me at this point, I shrugged and began doing what seemed like one of the many psych profile tests I had dealt with in my psychology coursework in college. I humored it though, and answered truthfully, including to my homeless status and my career. A moment after clicking submit after question one-hundred a screen showed me, ‘You are a perfect candidate!’

A popup texting screen showed up with someone live texting, ‘Hi, I’m Patricia and I’m a real live person with the agency. Would you like to make an appointment to discuss the exciting possibility of relocating to the new dimension?’

I started to type ‘yes…’ but held back. Instead I typed a question, ‘I’ve heard it’s not all it’s cracked up to be?’

‘That’s because not everyone has our agency behind them… We guarantee your satisfaction and that we’ll bring you home if you’re not 100% satisfied.’

‘What would I do there?’

‘They need surgeons your size there,’ she said, ‘I know I could find you a work placement easier than anyone else I’ve ever worked with.’

I grimaced, ‘sure they could…’ I remembered back to my dad’s favorite saying growing up, “Son, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is…”

I looked around the hotel room then with the dirty laundry that I was going to have to again find a laundromat to do and sighed, ‘Can I make an appointment but not commit that I’ll sign up?’

‘Of course! I would want to meet you in person to verify your profile anyway before we could move onto anything else. When would you be available?’

I thought about my scheduled procedures and said, ‘Friday at one?’

A short pause later, ‘We’ve got you down Nick, see you Friday!’

It was only as I pulled the covers of the hotel bed over me an hour later that I thought, ‘Wait, I didn’t tell her my name…?’

FRIDAY CAME BEFORE I knew it and I was a bit on edge as I met with patients for pre-surgical consults all morning. The nice thing about those consults though, was that they were fairly straight forward appointments. It was mainly explaining the procedure to the patient, presenting risks, reassuring them that I knew what I was doing, and having them sign some mountains of requisite paperwork with the staff downstairs. All of the blood testing and everything else we needed was done elsewhere so I could do one every fifteen minutes, and had done my fourteen appointments for the morning by noon. Soon I was heading out to my car, and on the road to the office building I was set to meet with Patricia.

I knew it was nuts to even meet with these people after what I’d read and seen in the magazine… I’d even done some additional research that seemed to make me believe it wasn’t a typical sensationalist news story - but likely to be at least partially true. But life just seemed to be spiraling constantly out of control for me, and I really wasn’t sure what I could do to get back on track.

Something drastic might just be the answer - if I could still have my career…

I arrived and pulled into the large parking lot adjacent to a beautifully designed forty story office building. The building sparkled had been just completed two short years ago to a great deal of fanfare for its architectural design. Instead of a typical rectangular building, it was a work of art with a mind-boggling shape that intertwined to somehow support the upper structures - all while seeming to defy gravity itself with holes in the middle of the structure. It reminded me almost as if you took a pair of thick chain-link and stood it up vertically in the air. The entrance area that I walked through was well appointed, with gratuitous amounts of marble and dark hardwoods being used to lend itself a level of class that was luxurious. Just visiting the building was worth the trip I had made! A few receptionists sat at an imposing desk at the back of the lobby to guide visitors.

“Good afternoon, welcome to Portal Relocations, how may I help you?” A tall blonde woman asked. She must have been well over six-feet tall, which made my five-feet seven inches feel short.

“I’m Doctor Nick Benning, I’m here to see a lady named Patricia?”

She looked at her screen and smiled, “Yes Doctor, I have you down here in her appointment book. You’re going to take that elevator to the thirty-eighth floor. Right across from the elevator there’s a secretary that will help you find Patricia. I’ll let her know you’re on your way up.”

“Thanks,” I told her with a smile.

The elevator bank had an impressive number of elevator doors. I waited patiently for all of about three seconds, before a door opened and I was able to press ‘38’ on the panel. Far faster than I would have believed, the door opened to the thirty-eighth floor. I was surprised on the trip up how unnaturally fast I made it up there, yet I never once felt the feeling of acceleration that I was used to with elevators on high-rise buildings. I looked back at it suspiciously for a second but shrugged it off and walked into a receptionist’s area on the floor.

Another woman, this one only towering over me by about four inches asked, “Doctor Benning?”

“Yes ma’am,” I said politely.

“Patricia is expecting you right this way,” she directed me down a hallway and to a large office that I saw ‘Patricia Lawrence, Chief of Recruitment.’

Another tall woman, definitely near six-and-a-half feet tall stood and greeted me. “I’m Patricia, and you’re Doctor Benning I presume?”

“Please, just Nick, it’s nice to meet you.”

“You as well, please have a seat,” she said. She directed me to a more casual setting of plush chairs around a rug and coffee table on the side of her enormous office. They were set next to huge curved glass windows that opened up the sides of the curved wall, to a great view of the city. The view out her window was truly impressive!

“So Nick, before we begin I want to tell you that we’ve already done a more thorough background check on you. From that I believe you would be a great candidate for relocation by our company!”

“Why do you believe that?” I asked her hesitantly. ‘Just how much background checking did they do after I did that simple survey?’ Given the article I’d read, plus this invasion of privacy, I was getting a bit nervous as alarm bells clanged loudly in my head.

“I know that you are currently living in a hotel instead of your apartment building. By the way, did you hear that old building actually collapsed yesterday?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m more than a little glad I wasn’t still living there…”

“I can imagine! But that makes this opportunity even better because you’re already mostly packed and ready to relocate!”

“Just what kind of services do you provide?” I asked nervously.

“Well we have found that the best thing to do is to try and match up our clients with a homeowner that is willing to rent out a room in their house. You then have a built-in guide who can help you get settled into your new job and life there on that side.”

“And if it’s not all roses?” I asked.

“Well when is life ever all roses?” she asked with a smile. “There’s a two-year contract that you sign on the lease with the homeowner. If at the end of that contract you don’t have a mutually beneficial situation then you can choose to come home.”

“How many do that?” I asked.

“Pardon?”

“How many choose to come home?”

She looked thoughtfully, “Since we opened this building up three years ago, I can only recall one. It was a tough circumstance because the homeowner there passed away unexpectedly. The woman decided that rather than find another place there, she came home.”

I nodded at that, “So people are happy once they go over?”

“Of course!” she smiled, “Why wouldn’t they be?”

“I don’t know, why would they be?” I asked, “I still don’t know what else you’re offering here? Why should I feel I want to go?”

“Oh, I guess I should get into that. In exchange for your contract here we’ll be taking ten percent of your earnings in the other dimension during that two-year contract. Once the two years are up, we no longer need to do so. As part of the deal we will pay off any credit card debt, student loan debts, etc. and leave you financially stable for the move.”

“This sounds too good to be true,” I told her.

“I know, it really does, but I promise you it’s the truth! Their government funds a large portion of the program in order to help with their economy. In your case they would gain a talented surgeon too.”

“So, I’d be able to practice medicine over there in the new dimension?”

“That’s part of why I’m pushing so hard to get you in all honesty Nick, I have a homeowner who’s a doctor and is looking for a tenant that can go to work with her each day.”

“What’s the process like for getting my medical license recognized there?”

I spent another hour asking questions before I got to my final ones. I opened my briefcase and handed her the article from the magazine, “What about these allegations?”

For the first time I saw a bit of hesitation but she just grabbed it and nodded, “I heard about this story. The person involved seems to have been with a disreputable company, unlike ours, who was involved in some illegal trafficking.”

“So it’s true then?”

“What?”

“That these people are giants and like to baby adults and travelers just because they’re smaller?”

She shrugged, “Yes it happens.” I was in shock she’d admit it, but she shook her head and shrugged, “It’s not every person who ends up like that though! It’s only people who aren’t mature enough to be careful, mind their manners, or aren’t careful of being in the wrong situation. There are plenty of people, like most of our clients, who happily live normal lives there.”

“Without diapers?”

“Most of them,” she said.

“And what if someone gets treated that way? Can they still come home?” I asked pointedly.

“We always honor the contracts from adults here,” she told me.

I looked down at the pamphlet in front of me silently for a few moments thinking.

“So, what do you think?” she pressed.

“Let me get back to you? When do you have to know?”

“Well the one homeowner will probably only be available for a few days if I had to guess, so if you want to get in with a fellow doctor who can get you into her hospital I’d recommend signing up by the end of the week.”

I nodded and stood up, “Thanks for your time, I’ll let you know”

With that I walked down to the elevators and left in my car.

PATRICIA LOOKED AT her screen and the face on the other side of the video conference. “Well hello, don’t tell me you already have a match for me? I only signed up for your services yesterday?”

“Hi Doctor Nickerson, as unbelievable as it sounds, I believe we really have! Well... mostly, he’s a fellow doctor, a surgeon,” she said to the woman.

“He…?”

“I know you wanted a girl, but he’s perfect in every other way,” Patricia told the woman.

The conversation went on for an hour, including showing a video from her interview, before the woman said, “I’m sold, get him to sign up and I’ll take care of everything else on this side.”

“You’re okay with the agreed upon price?”

“He’ll be perfect, and definitely a bargain!”

The screen went blank and Patricia Lawrence stood up to head away for a well-earned dinner. Her commission from this guy was going to have her eating at fine restaurants for quite some time!

I SPENT THE next couple of days looking for apartments since I was off of the rotation for the weekend. I couldn’t find anything that seemed like home - or more importantly was even available. I was sitting in the hotel room trying to figure out what I wanted to do about my housing situation when there was a knock on the door.

I walked to the peephole and saw to my surprise it was Patricia.

“What do I owe this pleasure?” I asked her politely while talking to her through the open door.

“I wanted to let you know that the lady that would be the homeowner you would rent from sent you a video message. I have it here if you want to view it?” She held up a thumb drive.

I shrugged, “Why not just email it to me?”

“I try to have a more personal touch with my clients,” she said with a smile.

Not knowing what else to do, but be polite, I let her in and logged into my laptop. I didn’t make it obvious, but I didn’t log into my regular account on my computer. I had a special sandboxed account in case of something like this drive that I didn’t trust security wise being put in my computer. I loaded it and found a simple video file in the directory.

A woman wearing a doctor’s white coat, with bright red hair, showed up on the screen. Without anything to show the scale of the video she could have been in this dimension, and perfectly normal sized if she stood next to me. “Hi Doctor Benning, I’m Doctor Ivy Nickerson, and I’m sending you this to introduce myself to you. Patricia told me all about you and I think we would get along great! I could even help you get into the hospital where I work so that we can commute together each day. A few things about me…” She spoke for about fifteen minutes and I did learn a lot about her that made me think we would get along well. She specialized in Pediatric Surgery, and like me had music as a hobby that she liked. She even demoed her ability to play piano on the video. It was clear that she or the company had spent a fair amount of time making the video look professional.

“I understand that you’re becoming a respected surgeon yourself in your dimension? I would love to work with you and have you on our team!” I learned a bit more about her from the video, including that she was single, but lived in a large five-bedroom home she had paid for in a nice neighborhood. The camera switched to a view of an impressive and beautiful looking one-story home with a large fenced backyard.

“I hope to hear a ‘yes’ from you soon! Please send your own video if you can!”

The screen went blank after a logo showing Portal Relocations with their traditional overlaid ‘P’ and ‘R’s.’

“So, what do you think Nick?”

‘Almost like it’s just a PR company?’ I noted to myself.

I sighed, “If I could believe it was one-hundred percent legit it sounds amazing Patricia, the problem is that I have this niggling suspicion that it’s not completely truthful?”

“What can I do to make you believe in us?”

I shook my head, “The problem is there’s nothing you can do… I’m just in disbelief that anything could be that perfect.”

She nodded, “Would you at least think about sending your own video response back to her? Maybe if you two had a dialog back and forth?”

I bit the inside of my lip with my teeth knowing it was a bad idea for some reason, but I just nodded, “I guess I could do that…”

“Great, do you think we could have a crew come follow you at work tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow?” I squeaked out, “I have several surgeries scheduled… I’m not sure that the hospital…”

“I’ve already checked with the administration; we’ve done the paperwork and I promise you won’t notice us.”

I shrugged, ignoring the warning sirens in my head, “Okay.”

She smiled and then moved to shake my hand, but hugged me instead, “You won’t regret this!”

As she left the door and I did the deadbolt and chain I thought, “I probably already do…”

I noticed as I logged out of the account there was a program slowing everything down… I finally ended up manually turning the computer off to get it to unfreeze. It worked fine when I logged back into my normal account though, so I just shrugged it off as the large video file eating up memory.

IVY NICKERSON ANSWERED the door and found a well-dressed lady outside that she recognized from the little adoption company she had contracted. “Hi Ashley,” she greeted her and waved her inside.

“How are you doing Ivy?” she asked.

“I’m tired, it’s been a long day of procedures today. Tell me you have good news?”

“Well, it’s a mixed bag. If you want this little, you’re going to have to court him so to speak. He’s a little nervous about some of the information making it back from this dimension to their world.”

“Like what?”

“Diapers, forcible kidnapping, you know… the truth,” she acknowledged.

“I wouldn’t be like some of those mothers though!”

“I know that, but I think you’re going to have to work a bit to reel this one in. I do think he’s possible though, so I’d recommend you watch the video he sent back to you, and you send another. Make it a regular pen pal relationship and in six months I all but guarantee he’ll be curious to come!”

“Six months?” she cried. She could feel her biological clock ticking away already!

“Who knows? It might be less! Watch the video, you’ll know why I think he’s worth it. If you decide you can’t wait for him, let me know and I’ll get another one on the line for you to pull in.”

Ivy looked at her and shrugged, “I may do that... but I’ll watch the video first.”

Ashley walked to the door after handing her a small thumb drive. She turned as she left, “Trust me, you’ll want this one. It might even be worth some temporary concessions to get him here.”

‘That’s an odd statement,’ Ivy thought as she closed the door behind Ashley and watched her walk to her car through the peephole.

She walked to her large TV in the living room and plugged the drive into a player to watch it. Sitting down on the couch she grabbed a throw pillow and clutched it like a teddy bear as the video started. ‘Oh my god you would never know he’s a little!’ she thought to herself with a smile as she watched the video.

“Hi Doctor Nickerson, I’m Doctor Nick Benning, but you can just call me Nick. I’m a surgeon here in our dimension, focusing mainly on pediatrics, but some general procedures as well. I’ve still not really settled on one or the other completely. I did extended residency time so that I could be well qualified in both fields.”

The camera view faded to a view of him in a surgical theater working on a little girl. His gloved hands worked a device that looked like an old antique endoscope they used to use forty years before. It was clear he was very skilled with the device though, as she watched the camera alternating zooming in on his monitor view, and him using tools to cut and suture. Oddly it looked like they were removing an appendix.

She started at that, ‘They still remove appendixes?’

He actually explained the procedure in a voice overlay right then, “I was operating on this young girl for an inflamed appendix that wasn’t responding to antibiotic treatments that were tried. Concerned that the organ was likely to burst it was decided to perform the emergency procedure. Fortunately, the procedure went smoothly and the girl should be up and running around in a week or so.”

The view shifted to another surgery and she recognized some urgency going on in the theater even though calm was present just like she would expect in her world. “Nick, what do you think?”

She watched him think something quickly over, “There has to be another hole we missed. We have to open her back up,” he told the other surgeon and immediately she watched nurses provide him a scalpel and after another team member sterilized the area he began cutting back open what looked like a recent incision. “Blood pressure is falling,”

“Give her another pint,” another doctor said.

She watched in fascination as Nick worked an absolute miracle on the patient who looked to be tiny even compared to him. The video kept going and she watched him grimace and say, “There was another of those damn pellets here!”

‘Such language,’ she thought for a second before she watched him hold up some small thing that reminded her of a shotgun shell pellet. To her horror she realized that was exactly what it was. He began tracing back the wound and stitched carefully as he manipulated the little girls’ organs. Finally, someone said, “That must have been it, she’s stabilizing.”

She let out the breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding in, ‘I’m not sure he should come here… that was amazing…’

The video shifted back to Nick in his scrubs, “That was a long surgery. The poor girl was hanging out with her older brothers who had taken a gun they weren’t supposed to have. They fired the shotgun and she ended up with what we thought were four of the pieces of shot that ricocheted into her that we’d already removed. We missed one piece though that we didn’t see initially on the x-rays. Hopefully there aren’t too many long-term effects for her, but we won’t know that until at least when she wakes up in a few hours.”

The video shifted again and Nick was now in what looked like a hotel room, “Like my place?” He asked sarcastically. “A few weeks ago, my apartment manager barged in to tell me our building had been deemed unsafe and I had to be out in a very short time. Due to the huge boom in jobs in the area I’m still trying to find another apartment. I’m going to be honest; I wouldn’t even consider this Portal Relocation scheme if it wasn’t for this making it seem like maybe it’s fated to do so.”

She squeezed the pillow, ‘If he wasn’t a boy, he would be absolutely perfect…’ she thought to herself.

“I’m not sure about this, but I am willing to at least follow the relocation programs suggestion that we send some messages back and forth. Now that you’ve seen surgery in my world, what’s different there? Any chance you can tell me more about what I would expect in your world? You mentioned getting me a position at the hospital there, what would I be able to do?”

The screen went blank after a few more questions and Ivy sighed to herself as she hugged the pillow. Ashley was right, he was worth waiting for. She just hoped he wouldn’t hate her when she was done getting him ready to be the perfect little that she wanted…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Likes, Comments, etc. are all appreciated! Having kind of a down day today, so let me know what you think! This is a bit different than the other things I've posted here with multiple viewpoints hope it works for you all...

• Like 15

I think your story is absolutely great. I became aware of you through a recommendation for "Exchanged". And if I compare the beginnings now I think if the only "problem" for the woman is that he is a male then this "problem" will be solved quickly. Looking forward to more chapters.

17 minutes ago, Hopsalot said:

Ich war aufgeregt, dieses Kapitel einen Tag früher zu finden, als Sie ursprünglich gesagt haben. 

You speak of a Sophia and the story sounds interesting. If you please give me the title of the story she would like to read. Thanks in advance

Nick really should think about what his dad told him, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.  Sounds funny on his side it is a relocation center and on her side it is an adoption service can't be all good.  i wonder what she has planned to do to him already.  I think he should just move to another town but then there would't be story to tell.  i really love your style and look forward to see what happens.  One thing I like about you is that when people comment on your work you take the time to acknowledge them.? 

1 hour ago, BabySofia said:

when she was done getting him ready to be the perfect little that she wanted

A more ominous statement was never made. What is she planning? What sort of nefarious, plan has she concocted? Only time will tell. 

This is really enjoyable thus far. I like the dynamic that is developing between these two, the requests, and the possible concessions of both parties makes it feel more 'real' . Will this continue to be a theme throughout the book? I don't know, I hope so. I very much enjoy a story with a thrust, parry, and riposte plot progression. Thank-you, I can't wait for more. 

Really curious to see what gonna happen next I think nick could be her baby but in the same time a fellow surgeon to discuss cases and do some good medicine 

(by the way nice job on the description of a appendix surgery it’s very accurate !) 

5 hours ago, Moon3ye said:

Looking forward to more chapters.

Thanks for commenting, glad you're enjoying! :)

5 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

Either way that’s totally alright I can’t wait to see the interesting twists you throw into this story.

I hope I have enough in here for you! Thanks for commenting again! :)

4 hours ago, Baby Billy said:

Nick really should think about what his dad told him, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.  Sounds funny on his side it is a relocation center and on her side it is an adoption service can't be all good.  i wonder what she has planned to do to him already.  I think he should just move to another town but then there would't be story to tell.  i really love your style and look forward to see what happens.  One thing I like about you is that when people comment on your work you take the time to acknowledge them.? 

:) You know me, no hints. I believe you should be acknowledged if you took the time to read and comment! I very much appreciate you commenting! 

4 hours ago, Shotgun Diplomat said:

A more ominous statement was never made. What is she planning? What sort of nefarious, plan has she concocted? Only time will tell. 

This is really enjoyable thus far. I like the dynamic that is developing between these two, the requests, and the possible concessions of both parties makes it feel more 'real' . Will this continue to be a theme throughout the book? I don't know, I hope so. I very much enjoy a story with a thrust, parry, and riposte plot progression. Thank-you, I can't wait for more. 

I hope that you will enjoy all of the fencing moves I throw into here! :) (Hmm... Fencing littles... lunging would tough with a thick diaper... plus the idea of a 'sword' in a littles hand made out of metal wouldn't go over well with LPS... You do basically wear a onesie top though, so you have that in common... I digress) Thanks for the comment! 

4 hours ago, Pierry Louys said:

(by the way nice job on the description of a appendix surgery it’s very accurate !) 

Thanks! I always fear messing something up and getting called on it! I appreciate you taking the time to comment! :)

2 hours ago, Panther Cub said:

Dangit! And now I'm following yet another story! Amazing work, two chapters in and I am most certainly hooked!

Mwahahahaha!!!!! :)

11 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

Thanks for commenting, glad you're enjoying! :)

I hope I have enough in here for you! Thanks for commenting again! :)

:) You know me, no hints. I believe you should be acknowledged if you took the time to read and comment! I very much appreciate you commenting! 

I hope that you will enjoy all of the fencing moves I throw into here! :) (Hmm... Fencing littles... lunging would tough with a thick diaper... plus the idea of a 'sword' in a littles hand made out of metal wouldn't go over well with LPS... You do basically wear a onesie top though, so you have that in common... I digress) Thanks for the comment! 

Thanks! I always fear messing something up and getting called on it! I appreciate you taking the time to comment! :)

Mwahahahaha!!!!! :)

Of course since I am a surgeon myself in Brazil I liked the way you described the surgery 

12 minutes ago, Pierry Louys said:

Of course since I am a surgeon myself in Brazil I liked the way you described the surgery 

That makes that compliment very cool. Thank you! As we go through this story a lot of it will be sci-fi, but if you see anything glaring please let me know! :)