LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Humiliation

I’m interested to know who else finds the humiliation aspect of wearing diapers exciting? And if so, why? 

For me a big part of my ABDL life is about being humiliated, both as a feeling, which I  generally get when wearing diapers and baby clothes.

Being humiliated by others is also extremely exciting, and the ultimate form is the threat of being exposed. I’m in fact playing a game of sorts like that at the moment. See this link if interested (NSFW).

However, I still haven’t got to the route of why I find humiliation and being humiliated so exciting, but I know I’m not the only one!

Fetishes wouldn't be a thing, if it wasn't for humiliation.

Its the fear of being caught wearing, or in the act of your particular fetish, that makes it the most exciting thing in the world to me.

The reality is that regardless of whether you are an adult baby or a diaper lover (or both); we are all aware that we live in a society where adult diapers are still a very taboo subject. There are many negative stereotypes associated with diapers. People who have a medical need for adult diapers are seen stereotypically as babies, toddlers, or senile old people. Of course, true incontinence affects a wide range of people - not just babies and old people. And diapers are just a garment used to deal with incontinence.

But the sociologically and psychologically, diapers represent something very different in the minds of most people. To many people, they are not simply a tool used to deal with a certain medical condition like crutches or eye glasses. Instead, diapers represent an infantile, weak, vulnerable sense of helplessness and dependence. 

Most of us who wear diapers for fun or pleasure are aware of these negative taboos that society has. For me personally, even wearing a diaper alone in the privacy of my own home is just a little bit embarrassing and a little bit humiliating. Wetting a diaper in the privacy of my own home feels even more embarrassing. 

The act of potty training small children is often a form of brain washing where parents and caregivers send the message that diapers are bad and using the toilet is good. To some extent, these messages are helpful to motivate children - provided the parent/caregiver is loving and compassionate about delivering that message. But of course, it leaves us perceiving diapers as embarrassing and humiliating because of the messages we received in childhood from (often) parents/caregivers who only had good intentions and were trying to help us take the next developmental step. We all know these messages and often heard them in childhood. 

"You're a big boy now and diapers are for babies."

"Big boys wear underwear, not diapers." 

"You don't need diapers anymore. You can use the potty." 

"Don't pee in your pants. Only babies pee in their pants. Use the potty instead!" 

These messages get hard wired into our brains. Even if we know consciously that this fetish is harmless, there is often a lingering SUBCONSCIOUS feeling in our heads. For that reason; diapers make me feel embarrassed and humiliated... but they also help me to regress and to feel cared for... like no matter what I do, everything is going to be alright. Even if I have an accident; I'm protected. Even if I pee in my pants on purpose, everything will be fine. Nothing bad will happen. 

There is one word that I have heard many ABDL people utter when asked about how diapers make them feel. This word comes up over and over again. SAFE. Diapers make us feel safe. There's some embarrassment and humiliation that might accompany our complex feelings but overall, there is also a sense of safety. 

Thats just my take on it! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, NewGuy20 said:

The reality is that regardless of whether you are an adult baby or a diaper lover (or both); we are all aware that we live in a society where adult diapers are still a very taboo subject. There are many negative stereotypes associated with diapers. People who have a medical need for adult diapers are seen stereotypically as babies, toddlers, or senile old people. Of course, true incontinence affects a wide range of people - not just babies and old people. And diapers are just a garment used to deal with incontinence.

But the sociologically and psychologically, diapers represent something very different in the minds of most people. To many people, they are not simply a tool used to deal with a certain medical condition like crutches or eye glasses. Instead, diapers represent an infantile, weak, vulnerable sense of helplessness and dependence. 

Most of us who wear diapers for fun or pleasure are aware of these negative taboos that society has. For me personally, even wearing a diaper alone in the privacy of my own home is just a little bit embarrassing and a little bit humiliating. Wetting a diaper in the privacy of my own home feels even more embarrassing. 

The act of potty training small children is often a form of brain washing where parents and caregivers send the message that diapers are bad and using the toilet is good. To some extent, these messages are helpful to motivate children - provided the parent/caregiver is loving and compassionate about delivering that message. But of course, it leaves us perceiving diapers as embarrassing and humiliating because of the messages we received in childhood from (often) parents/caregivers who only had good intentions and were trying to help us take the next developmental step. We all know these messages and often heard them in childhood. 

"Don't pee in your pants. Only babies pee in their pants. Use the potty instead!" 

These messages get hard wired into our brains. Even if we know consciously that this fetish is harmless, there is often a lingering SUBCONSCIOUS feeling in our heads. For that reason; diapers make me feel embarrassed and humiliated... but they also help me to regress and to feel cared for... like no matter what I do, everything is going to be alright. Even if I have an accident; I'm protected. Even if I pee in my pants on purpose, everything will be fine. Nothing bad will happen. 

There is one word that I have heard many ABDL people utter when asked about how diapers make them feel. This word comes up over and over again. SAFE. Diapers make us feel safe. There's some embarrassment and humiliation that might accompany our complex feelings but overall, there is also a sense of safety. 

Thats just my take on it! 

What a great take on it. I think you’re absolutely right about it being hardwired into us all that from a very young age, largely around the negative connotations implanted into us around diapers when it comes to potty training. I hadn’t previously  considered the impact that this might have had!

11 hours ago, NewGuy20 said:

he act of potty training small children is often a form of brain washing where parents and caregivers send the message that diapers are bad and using the toilet is good.

I saw this first hand when my parents were helping to potty train my niece.  They started calling her Pull-Ups, "bad girl pants"   It really shocked me, they must have done that to me when I was little too.  I've never heard potty training called brainwashing, but that is so accurate.  

Kinda the same way I like to go out in just my diaper, but I don't want to get caught, its the thrill 

Before cameras and new neighbors I was out almost every evening in just my diaper, but now I have to drive to a place further away to do the same

We ourselves can enjoy humiliation, domination and embarrassment as an adult if we so choose, and I see nothing wrong with that.  It's when we start talking about children and their potty training and being humiliated for still being in diapers that I draw the line.  I strongly disagree with those who think parents telling their kid "your a big boy, diapers are for babies and you don't need them anymore" is the wrong thing to say when helping them grow up and start to potty train.  Let's face it.  If we all didn't have this diaper fetish we would probably agree with parents who say things like, 

It's generally agreed by most regular people, parents, doctors, teachers, friends and relatives that a baby or toddler should grow into a normal child, tween, teenager and young adult, get an education and go out on their own in the world.  That means stages in life and one of the very first stages is growing out of diapers and learning to use the toilet.  The same for learning to feed yourself, dress yourself, read, write, drive a car and get a job.  I happen to be one who agrees with this.  Your child should be taught these stages of life.  When they become legal adults, they are welcome to revert to a diaper lifestyle if the so choose as many with this fetish do.  Some who are AB/DL only disagree with this because we have the fetish and like diapers ourselves.  Even though I have been a DL myself for over 55 years, I realize that a parent has to teach their children these things so they can have the opportunity to grow up and have a normal life.  They are the parents and a 4, 6 or even a 12 year old is too young to make these decisions for themselves.  Even if we in this lifestyle may enjoy our diapers, we can't just allow our children to grow up and go through life in diapers because they may want to stay in them as toddlers or because we think they should be allowed to wear diapers if they want to.  There are enough true stories in these forums about kids being teased, called names and humiliated at school because they had to wear diapers.  That's not good for their egos and personally, I'd rather have my own kids grow up confident that they can do anything!  Not cowed, teased, embarrassed and humiliated by their peers.  After all, perhaps being teased and humiliated by our peers as kids or forced to wear diapers as a kid by our parents lead many of us to be here today, weather we like it or not.  By the way, even though many members here were humiliated by their parents, forced to wear diapers among their friends and classmates as punishment which eventually lead them to become AB or DL, I don't think we should even be discussing diapers, humiliation and how it applies to CHILDREN!  While it may have happened to many members here when they were kids, this is an adult site and we shouldn't be discussing the merits of weather kids should be potty trained and what parents may say to them to impress them to want to get out of diapers.  Telling a child that they don't need diapers anymore and they can use the potty is not wrong and humiliating.  It's a parent stating a fact and that it's time at their age to start growing up and entering their next stage in life.

Having a need to be continually humiliated is why I wear diapers permanently.  Diapers allow me to calm that need down in a discreet manner.  The best part is it is impossible for me to forgot I am diapers.  Every second of every minute of every day diapers keep me in a constant humiliated state.  I do not even need my partner to play along all though of most definitely enjoy when she does.  I love I can hear the crinkles of my diaper and wonder can those around me hear it.  I love smelling baby powder and pee pee and wonder can those around me smell me.  Can those around me see the thick bulge in my pants?  The honest truth is probably not but the possibility most definitely keeps me humiliated.

• Like 1

This is my absolute favourite!!! I have a really serious real life and I’m usually ok to manage. But sometimes it just becomes too much and there is nothing better than having someone take over and put me into forced regression. Make me a toddler, make me younger.... I trust you to guide me as far down as you want me to go. 

• 4 months later...

Humiliation for me has always been a big part of my fetish side, and admittedly is what led me to discover the ABDL community in the first place when I recall reading some stories  that  dealt with Diapers being used as more of a Humiliation. after that the Idea just really appealed to me, the thought of being dressed as a baby, just excited me, just the thought of wearing diapers alone was an Embarrassing , but the thought of being seen in them and being treated " appropriately " how you look was even more Humiliating .

I used to fantasize about being in such scenarios were I was being forced to wear diapers and act like a baby in public, being made to suck on a pacifier and wearing a diaper and baby clothing, usually being pushed around in a big stroller while people would laugh and tease me, and all that kind of stuff.
now I'd never wanted that to happen to me in real life as it was just fantasy, and I even remember feeling a bit of guilt for thinking about such things,  but I couldn't deny it was such an exciting thought for me..hence why back then I think I always preferred reading stories that were more about forced regression, or stories that did deal with, * ahem * Diaper punishment .

So basically, I really enjoyed the humiliation aspect of things , However over time, My interests and feelings on being Diapered and babied began to have mixed feelings, I later began to adapt a more comforting feeling with them, as I got  a little older I began to find the Idea of wearing Diapers still a bit embarrassing, but also comforting,,which led me to finding more of the appeal of be babied, I started to fantasies more about being diapered to feel young and innocent again and even began to enjoy more stories that involved such scenarios. 

Now were I am now,  my fantasies about being humiliated wearing diapers are still there and I imagine will always be there, it's something I learned to accept . I just have a slight different outlook on the thing as a whole, when it comes to stories, I don't always enjoy forced regression  as much now, but I still find myself drawn to them, and I  know what still draws me to them, it;s the humiliation concepts they have,  I suppose now looking at  it just depends on what mood I'm in, do I want to be treated as a baby to feel humiliated, or do I wan't to so I can feel Young and innocent (  maybe both ? ). it's funny how some things just turn out. 

• Like 1

By the way, paragraphs are your friend.   You'd get more people to read your posts if you don't make them muddle through one monolithic block of text.

The humiliation was always a key part for me both for diapers and other things like crossdressing.    I don't want to be a baby or a girl or whatever, I get off on the idea of being forced to wear or be seen in diapers, girl''s clothes, etc....     I had some triggering moments in my early life that headed me down the path.   

It's not uncommon for your fantasies or kinks or whatever to evolve.    My initial view wasn't so much baby stuff as just having to wear and use diapers, but things change.    I also went more from fantasizing about punishment/forced humiliation to just the idea that doing this is "naughty."

On 8/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, willnotwill said:

By the way, paragraphs are your friend.   You'd get more people to read your posts if you don't make them muddle through one monolithic block of text.

Just edited my  first post to fix that, heh heh.

but yeah I agree with you, forced cross dressing or Forced feminization is another big thing for me and partially I think what led me to discover I think the ABDL community because one of the first stories I can recall that dealt that Diapers I think was in fact a sissification story as it was basically about male character being made to dress as a baby girl, at the time I didn't really know much about my Diaper desires or anything like that, but it stuck with me as especially humiliating to be treated and scene in such a way,  for me sissy stuff is mainly for the Humiliation I feel from it and not much else unlike my thoughts on just being treated like a Baby boy,  which as I say in my original post varies. 

For me, being dressed as a child and having my bodily functions, which would otherwise be private, so exposed is humiliating; that is the main attraction. The secondary attraction is the feeling of being wet.

• Like 1

I'm not into humiliation at all, which is a big reason why I keep my little side to myself outside this forum. For me the diapers/training pants and little play are relaxing and comforting and I enjoy that time to myself. I'm not sure I would even want to involve a significant other in it, and I would certainly have to trust them 100% before I would even consider it. On rare occasions I will wear a pull up in public, if there's no chance it will be detected under my usual clothes, but just the thought of being caught is enough to keep me from ever wearing an actual diaper beyond the confines of my house and yard.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:35 PM, Flaresnare said:

Humiliation for me has always been a big part of my fetish side, and admittedly is what led me to discover the ABDL community in the first place when I recall reading some stories  that  dealt with Diapers being used as more of a Humiliation. after that the Idea just really appealed to me, the thought of being dressed as a baby, just excited me, just the thought of wearing diapers alone was an Embarrassing , but the thought of being seen in them and being treated " appropriately " how you look was even more Humiliating .

I used to fantasize about being in such scenarios were I was being forced to wear diapers and act like a baby in public, being made to suck on a pacifier and wearing a diaper and baby clothing, usually being pushed around in a big stroller while people would laugh and tease me, and all that kind of stuff.
now I'd never wanted that to happen to me in real life as it was just fantasy, and I even remember feeling a bit of guilt for thinking about such things,  but I couldn't deny it was such an exciting thought for me..hence why back then I think I always preferred reading stories that were more about forced regression, or stories that did deal with, * ahem * Diaper punishment .

So basically, I really enjoyed the humiliation aspect of things , However over time, My interests and feelings on being Diapered and babied began to have mixed feelings, I later began to adapt a more comforting feeling with them, as I got  a little older I began to find the Idea of wearing Diapers still a bit embarrassing, but also comforting,,which led me to finding more of the appeal of be babied, I started to fantasies more about being diapered to feel young and innocent again and even began to enjoy more stories that involved such scenarios. 

Now were I am now,  my fantasies about being humiliated wearing diapers are still there and I imagine will always be there, it's something I learned to accept . I just have a slight different outlook on the thing as a whole, when it comes to stories, I don't always enjoy forced regression  as much now, but I still find myself drawn to them, and I  know what still draws me to them, it;s the humiliation concepts they have,  I suppose now looking at  it just depends on what mood I'm in, do I want to be treated as a baby to feel humiliated, or do I wan't to so I can feel Young and innocent (  maybe both ? ). it's funny how some things just turn out. 

I’ve had similar thoughts, being regressed and made to wear diapers for all purposes as well as put into cute little girl dresses and allow others to see me has been one of those images I think about.

Being locked in a crib or in a high chair forced to wet and mess and being told what a baby I am 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...