LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Questions For Bedwetters

Just a little survey  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Was there a time in your life when you were dry at night?

• I've never been reliably dry, and I'm under 30.
    • I've never been reliably dry, and I'm over 30.
    • I was a bedwetter as a child, outgrew it before the age of 10, but started again.
    • I was a bedwetter as a child, outgrew it after the age of 10, but started again.
    • I was dry as a child, but I started bedwetting during my teen/young adult years. There is a medical explanation (illness or accident).
    • I was dry as a child, but I started bedwetting during my teen/young adult years. Nobody can figure out why.
    • I was dry as a child, but I started bedwetting after age 30. There is a medical explanation (illness or accident).
    • I was dry as a child, but I started bedwetting after age 30. Nobody can figure out why.
  2. 2. How often do you wet?

• Every night, or close to it.
    • Not every night, but at least once a week.
    • One to three times a month, give or take.
    • Less often than once a month.
    • It varies under certain circumstances such as health or stress level.
  3. 3. At what point do you wake up?

• I sleep right through it and wake up at my usual time.
    • After I'm done wetting, but before it's time to get up. Being wet wakes me up.
    • After I've started wetting, but before I'm done. I have to change my bed or my diaper, but I can finish in the toilet.
    • Right after I start wetting, but by then it's too late to stop it.
    • Right before I start wetting, but I don't have enough control to stop it.
    • It varies, maybe according to how tired, stressed, or ill I am.

Anyone is welcome to answer the questions, but DL's/deliberate wetters might find that the answers don't apply. If your answer wasn't one of the choices I listed, or you'd like to give details, please feel free to post your responses.

This is my first poll. I don't know yet if I can answer the questions myself through voting, so I'll list my responses here.

1. Was there a time in your life when you were dry at night?

I've never been reliably dry, and I'm over 30.

2. How often do you wet?

It varies under certain circumstances such as health or stress level. (One to three times a month under normal circumstances. Right now I have a UTI, which is causing me to wet every night.)

3. At what point do you wake up?

It varies, maybe according to how tired, stressed, or ill I am. (Range falls between the second and fourth answers. Usually I wake up after I've started wetting, but before I'm soaked. If I'm exhausted, not well, have taken pain meds, or whatever, I tend to sleep right through it but wake up before morning. Occasionally I sleep all the way through the night and wake up wet in the morning, but not very often.)

Thanks for your participation. Just curious to see the patterns, whether people match my history or vary from it.

Well, I was reliably dry until about two or three months ago.

When I do wet the bed, it's pretty rare - twice or three times a month.

Waking up is the odd part... I'm usually dreaming, and within the dream, I realize I have to pee, so I usually wait (inside the dream) until I can, then I go. (If I'm diapered in the dream, it's immediate.) At that moment, I go lucid and end the dream - and wake up to a soaked bed and whatever clothes I was wearing to sleep. I haven't had it happen while sleeping in a diaper yet.

Anyone is welcome to answer the questions, but DL's/deliberate wetters might find that the answers don't apply. If your answer wasn't one of the choices I listed, or you'd like to give details, please feel free to post your responses.

This is my first poll. I don't know yet if I can answer the questions myself through voting, so I'll list my responses here.

2. How often do you wet?

It varies under certain circumstances such as health or stress level. (One to three times a month under normal circumstances. Right now I have a UTI, which is causing me to wet every night.)

It varies, maybe according to how tired, stressed, or ill I am. (Range falls between the second and fourth answers. Usually I wake up after I've started wetting, but before I'm soaked. If I'm exhausted, not well, have taken pain meds, or whatever, I tend to sleep right through it but wake up before morning. Occasionally I sleep all the way through the night and wake up wet in the morning, but not very often.)

Thanks for your participation. Just curious to see the patterns, whether people match my history or vary from it.

Hi Mommy, Wet every night until 16. One dry night every once in a blue moon, don't have any idea why. I almost never woke up until morning when I'd wake up soaked. My parents used a bedwetting alarm otherwise I believe I'd still be wetting every night. Hope this helpswith your poll.

Frita

I have been a bedwetter, but depending on many factors it seems to come and go like the wind... Just lately I almost everynight last week.. But than have been dry the past couple of days it comes and goes.. I am pretty sure it has some thing to do with stress sleep habits.. etc although was never a medical explanation for this since I was very young I started having some wetting issues.. But looking back I remember times where I did not wet for ages and than bam when I least expected it.. Its just some thing wierd I dont understand but it happens... Anyways hope that makes sense...

• 7 months later...

I still am a bedwetter, though it is a lot less often than during my childhood. My bedwetting seems to be tied into my stress levels, and they are quite low right now. I had accidents near major exams in college, and was medicated well into high school for it. I had a very traumatic childhood, which was probably the cause of the bedwetting then, having alcoholic relatives and on top of that, having severe ADD, depression, and aspergers syndrome.

Since I'm diapered every night, I wet every night. Most of the time I wake up and pee in my diaper before I go back to sleep. But once or twice a month I awake at my usual time to find my diaper is wet and I have no conscious recollection of doing it. As a kid, I wet the bed nearly nightly until I was between 11 and 12.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi! Here we go:

Not consistently nor for more than a week or so I guess. Attempts were made when I was around 5 to 6 to stop the bedwetting, but those attempts didn't work. Parents made no further attempts, but that's another story!

2. How often do you wet?

Until I was about 12 or so, most every night. Now, about 4 nights a week I guess, although sometimes I won't have a dry morning for several days in a row. Since it's been with me for so long I guess I'm just used to it and wetting in my sleep is just routine?

I sleep right through it most of the time. Sometimes I would wake up after wetting myself, but I guess since that really didn't help since it was too late I just stopped waking up until morning when I was usually soaked.

The question on my mind that I can't answer for sure is, how often do I wet more than once per night? I know sometimes I do because some mornings I'm wetter than other mornings.

This is one reason I don't get up and change my diaper if I were to wake up in the middle of the night just after wetting myself. I actually have done that and sometimes wound up wet in the morning! So there's just no point in wasting a diaper by doing middle of the night diaper changes. Plus that would interrupt sleep. Plus I don't mind being wet.

To end a long post, bedwetting for me is mainly for some physical reason, and partly habit.

Craig

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I was a chronic bedwetter as a kid and wet throughout my teens and wasn't reliably dry at night until my early 20's. I had occasional bedwetting episodes throughout my adult life some were one offs and sometimes I might wet for several nights. I was completely dry with no wet nights throughout my 40's but my bedwetting came back not long after I turned 50. It soon increased from a couple of nights every week or so until I was back to nightly wetting. It was a shock at first but I soon accepted it and must admit now enjoy it just as I used to when I was a teenager. Becoming somewhat a DL has helped me cope with it. I have the support of my wife who like me was a chronic wetter as a kid. My bedwetting doesn't bother her one bit and as long as she doesn't get wet during the night has no prblem sleeping next to me in a nappy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

My family tells me I was day dry at 30 months and night dry at 33 months. I observed this to be the case of my next younger sister.

However, growing up my bladder was tiny and over-active. Therefore my Mom asked me to wear 'just-in-case' diapers for trips and special events when finding a toilet in a hurry would be difficult. Then at night I always woke up in time to pee in a toilet, so even on trips I did not wear a diaper to bed.

Just after puberty I reverted to bedwetting. Ever since then I have worn and wet diapers when sleeping.

After I turned 21 I lost my daytime bladder control. Since then I have needed diapers 24/7.

On 4/21/2007 at 3:28 AM, Baby Mommy said:

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2015 at 12:10 AM, bedwettersteve said:

never been dry at night I wet every night some nights I wet more then once I usally keep sleeping until the morning

I wet heavily and sleep through it waking up soaking wet every morning.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:50 AM, Elbs said:

I don't see any options for someone who stopped bedwetting and hasn't restarted.

Yeah i did as little girl  MANY " accidents  "   as well as  day time  , then it stopped  BUT  in my case   judging from medical facts of  sed current  Chronic Severe Total  Double Mix IC  and medical  risk factors  (i have MANY of them )  im probably going to start again   ?     Currently tho for Urine  i only have Nocturia   for night.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2015 at 12:10 AM, bedwettersteve said:

never been dry at night I wet every night some nights I wet more then once I usally keep sleeping until the morning

My wetting never wakes me either.

On 2/5/2008 at 7:03 AM, Guest Craig said:

Hi! Here we go:

Not consistently nor for more than a week or so I guess. Attempts were made when I was around 5 to 6 to stop the bedwetting, but those attempts didn't work. Parents made no further attempts, but that's another story!

2. How often do you wet?

Until I was about 12 or so, most every night. Now, about 4 nights a week I guess, although sometimes I won't have a dry morning for several days in a row. Since it's been with me for so long I guess I'm just used to it and wetting in my sleep is just routine?

I sleep right through it most of the time. Sometimes I would wake up after wetting myself, but I guess since that really didn't help since it was too late I just stopped waking up until morning when I was usually soaked.

The question on my mind that I can't answer for sure is, how often do I wet more than once per night? I know sometimes I do because some mornings I'm wetter than other mornings.

This is one reason I don't get up and change my diaper if I were to wake up in the middle of the night just after wetting myself. I actually have done that and sometimes wound up wet in the morning! So there's just no point in wasting a diaper by doing middle of the night diaper changes. Plus that would interrupt sleep. Plus I don't mind being wet.

To end a long post, bedwetting for me is mainly for some physical reason, and partly habit.

Craig

My folks gave up trying to get me dry too. I wasn't reliably dry until my early 20's and am back to nightly wetting again now.

On 4/21/2007 at 9:28 AM, Baby Mommy said:

2. How often do you wet?

1/ Was there a time in your life when you were dry at night ?

I was reasonably dry at night from being about 22 until my late 40's . I say reasonably as I have had episodes of bedwetting throughout my life at various times. Some lasting just an odd night and some lasting several weeks but often with months even years between them 

2/ How often do you wet?

I have been back to nightly wetting sine my late 40's. I have had very few dry nights since.

3/ At what point do you wake up?

Usually I sleep through my nightly wetting and wake soaking wet in the morning. Sometimes I sort of wake aware that I am wet but just drift back to sleep. Being wet doesn't bother me it never did. There are times I do sort of wake aware of my need to pe e but just let it flow and drift back to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a bedwetter as a child, outgrew it before the age of 10, but started again.

2. How often do you wet?
Every night, or close to it.

It varies, maybe according to how tired, stressed, or ill I am.